Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Uncle Jam posted:

I'm really glad that F1 superstar Ralf Schumacher and wash out Prost is posting with us in this thread.

I always considered Big Ralf to be nearly as great as I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A level talent.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

If Alonso's feeble bump knocked him back to 1995 then imagine what year Bianchi is living in.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Oh no he can't #Forzajules anymore.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
R.I.P Fernando Alonso, never forget :spain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkFT0b6rYCs

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Who the hell asks "What are your hopes and dreams" to someone with a head injury? Sounds incredibly fake. I'm surprised they didn't ask him what his favorite super nintendo game was.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Kilmers Elbow posted:

If Alonso's feeble bump knocked him back to 1995 then imagine what year Bianchi is living in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cojawfee posted:

Who the hell asks "What are your hopes and dreams" to someone with a head injury? Sounds incredibly fake. I'm surprised they didn't ask him what his favorite super nintendo game was.

Do you think Fernando Alonso was a fan of JRPGs?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Modern drivers are huge pussies. You accidently touch a wall or hit a little tractor and their brain turns into vegetable soup.

We need somebody like Lauda who strapped his bloody charred husk of a body into the very same car that almost killed him weeks after the accident.

I blame Senna for all this. He was the original "I crashed the car now my brain is hosed" primadona.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

track day bro! posted:

It came close but it didnt realy win anything tbh. I'm pretty sure it was Brundle who was in a winning position at LeMans but had a tyre blowout and crashed pretty badly.

Even worse, it was the cool as hell all-Japanese third car of F1 legend Ukyo Katayama, 37-year-old F1 rookie Toshio Suzuki, and Drift King Keiichi Tsuchiya, which is the coolest team ever.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Even worse, it was the cool as hell all-Japanese third car of F1 legend Ukyo Katayama, 37-year-old F1 rookie Toshio Suzuki, and Drift King Keiichi Tsuchiya, which is the coolest team ever.

To be fair to Toshio, had he had started F1 like, 15 years earlier he might have been decent. Also I think he was 38 lol.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk of protecting the driver's head after all of the head injuries that have happened in the last 5 or 6 years.

Oh wait, no I'm not, driver's are just another interchangeable car part. One breaks, swap in a new one.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Do you think Fernando Alonso was a fan of JRPGs?

No he was more of a shump guy.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

nsaP posted:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk of protecting the driver's head after all of the head injuries that have happened in the last 5 or 6 years.

Oh wait, no I'm not, driver's are just another interchangeable car part. One breaks, swap in a new one.

There've been lots of changes for precisely this reason, they're raising the sides of the cockpit again this year and the helmets continue to be upgraded year on year. There are perennial discussions about the pros and cons of fully enclosed cockpits. It's not like the sport is silent on the subject or slow to act either. The whole reason there's this nonsense about Alonso is precisely because new, more stringent, precautions are being taken with regards to concussion.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
9 days you pieces of utter poo poo.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

nsaP posted:

Also further proof Joe's Award has no credibility

keen insight into Alonso's injury, it's all just the insurers!

How do people take this clown seriously?

OH MY GOD I JUST HAVE TO STOP READING THIS IS RIDICULOUS

Joe's Award, best F1 troll
Someone makes a suggestion like "have you considered doing x" and Joe's Award shoots back a reply along the lines of "you might think this is a good idea but we know better"

Oh Joe, never change.

Also to top comment was clearly someone here trolling the poo poo out of him.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wirth1000 posted:

See you there and gently caress you too :tipshat:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Too bad you won't see World Karting Fraud Fernando Alonso there

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Too bad you won't see World Karting Fraud Fernando Alonso there

13 year old future champion Fernando Alanso.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Wirth1000 posted:

Woohoo! :toot:

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Wirth1000 posted:

It's nice that you guys have a countdown going for my birthday.

#blessed

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Look on the bright side, Fernando mk2 will have Ron there to help him develop a well balanced and stable personality. #Bendito #GranAvión.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They haven't switched to 2 day race weekends yet have they? Cus that'd be loving dumb.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Not yet but I suspect it'll happen.

Having over and over reduced the running the paying customer at the track sees they will inevitably eventually snap and reduce it to 2 days "To improve the experience of those spectators" to sell it to us and to save a tiny amount of budget to sell it to the teams.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

RALF posted:

Alonso got into a fatal karting accident in 1995 and everything that has happened after that is him living out his boyhood dream of being a F1 driver. In reality he's in purgatory and last month's crash made him start to wake up.
God, it's like TV Tropes is leaking into the thread. :v:

Possibly Chicken posted:

Oh no he can't #Forzajules anymore.
No, but he can #IndyCarRacingIIJules now.

Falken fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Mar 6, 2015

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Interesting story about Pat Moss on the BBC. Further lowering my respect for Stirling Moss as he is essentially Felipe Massa but with poo poo opinions and no spring to blame for them.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Fumble posted:

Look on the bright side, Fernando mk2 will have Ron there to help him develop a well balanced and stable personality. #Bendito #GranAvión.

Well, Ron and the guys *did* rebuild Häkkinen after his test drive crash and he went to win twice.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Brainwrong posted:

It's nice that you guys have a countdown going for my birthday.

#blessed

Aww our little Brainwrong is all grown up :ohdear: I.. I think I'm going to cry *sniff*

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Fumble posted:

More like #bandito

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

NtotheTC posted:

Interesting story about Pat Moss on the BBC. Further lowering my respect for Stirling Moss as he is essentially Felipe Massa but with poo poo opinions and no spring to blame for them.

Not so, Moss suffered an appalling brain injury in years gone by, but I cannot remember the details.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

enri posted:

Aww our little Brainwrong is old

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Not so, Moss suffered an appalling brain injury in years gone by, but I cannot remember the details.

Nor can he

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Was that from the crash he had or the time he fell down an open elevator shaft?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

darth cookie posted:

Was that from the crash he had or the time he fell down an open elevator shaft?

When he fell down the lift shaft he broke both legs. Arguably this qualifies as a brain injury as his brain is in his right foot, but still.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

How old is Fernando today?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Norns posted:

How old is Fernando today?

How old do you want him to be?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

simplefish posted:

How old do you want him to be?

I like my F1 drivers Tororoso young.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alright I'm going mental waiting for the first GP. What classic races should I watch to keep sane till then. Gunna have time for a good hand full of races since I'm on vacation next week.

I've only seen the 2014 season. Canada 2011 and really that's about it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Norns posted:

Alright I'm going mental waiting for the first GP. What classic races should I watch to keep sane till then. Gunna have time for a good hand full of races since I'm on vacation next week.

I've only seen the 2014 season. Canada 2011 and really that's about it.

USGP 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Tsaedje posted:

USGP 2005

Aside from this gem (which you kind of should watch just because) there's a list a page or two ago with some good recommendations.

• Locked thread