Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Yeah I have an insane man's working week and next to no time for virtually anything else, I'll probably only exclusively play this game for heists once they're out and I'll only do like, 1-2 per week.

Plus as long as the current D3 season is running, this game can eat rear end for all I care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Lol first person gta racing with that chrome dubsta was hilarious and nightmarish, and I'd do it to you fuckers again in a heartbeat.

How are you guys finding these mad money challenges? I never see any above 5k.

Also I personally can't wait till jaywalking nets you a star, to better suit my immersion.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Well poo poo, I'm still awake. Can I race too? PSN: Gileadexile

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
drat, I was really hoping the heists would take place in the free roam lobbies, so you could rip off other gangs after they did the hard work.
"OMAR COMIN' YO!"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That could be easily solved if they would just rip off Fragile Alliance already.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Slim Killington posted:

Yep, I'm all over this. Forced first person on an actual fun race is awesome, unlike oh, any perspective on a race made by a halfwit manchild.

Ziploc posted:

I should be around for tonight's festivities.

PSN DriverZiploc

gileadexile posted:

Well poo poo, I'm still awake. Can I race too? PSN: Gileadexile

Added you to the list. I'll start sending out friend requests / invites in about 20 minutes. Since there are only a few of us we'll probably only run a hand full of races but we'll see how things go.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

titties posted:

Added you to the list. I'll start sending out friend requests / invites in about 20 minutes. Since there are only a few of us we'll probably only run a hand full of races but we'll see how things go.

I'm in too. Psn: jaidroxide

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm in too. Psn: jaidroxide

I'm in against better judgment. But Buffy offered me a coffee pot of coke.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

titties posted:

There hasn't been an event in a while, has there?

THERE IS NOW

Join me TONIGHT, MARCH 5th @ 7:00 EST (GMT-5) on :smuggo:PS4:smuggo: as we present the first-ever

:siren:MOTION SICKNESS EXTRAVAGANZA:siren:

Brought to you in part by

6 months ago I made a vow that when I finally got GTA on P$4 I would never play in anything other than 1st person. It is a blast and also insanely difficult.

Remember all those mega-jump races I loved forcing you all to do? Well, tonight we will do them IN FORCED 1st-PERSON PERSPECTIVE.

Bring your Dramamine.

1. titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2. Cute as f (PMS: cuteasheck)
3. Slim Killington (PSN: ???)
4. Ziploc (PSN: DriverZiploc)
5. gileadexile (PSN: Gileadexile)
6 . PUNKS DIET SODA (PSN: jaidroxide)
7 - infinity: cowards and infidels

Im down for as much as I can stand before I barf. waiting on an invite

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I may be coming back for heists on 360. I say may, as since leaving I have acquired a crippling addiction to farming the same five levels for glowing dodecahedrons in another shoot mans game, in the hope that they will give me a different gun, all of which are terrible.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Is it Destiny? Are you playing Destiny? If so, just walk away. It's not worth it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

just one more man, just one more... it might be purple

it's not purple

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE A PLAYLIST.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
im gay :^)

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
My motorcycle went into the ocean, came back to life drove me to the beach and then died again I demand a redo

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

geeves posted:

I'm in against better judgment. But Buffy offered me a coffee pot of coke.

I actually offered you a coffee, pot, and coke. I only fill a literal coffee pot with coke during sweeps and at the office christmas party.

Ziploc posted:

WHY DIDN'T YOU MAKE A PLAYLIST.

Because I'm a free-spirited type of girl.

Also because I didn't know how many races everyone was going to stay for and because I assumed I would have to afk at least once (which I did).

Also

titties fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Mar 6, 2015

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Any plans for messing in free-roam later? I am not sure if I want to continue deadrising 2 or hop over to the psquadruple and spend digital monies.

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Slim Killington posted:

Yeah I have an insane man's working week and next to no time for virtually anything else, I'll probably only exclusively play this game for heists once they're out and I'll only do like, 1-2 per week.

Plus as long as the current D3 season is running, this game can eat rear end for all I care.

Pay attention to your invites Slim. I need to find like, two or three goons for heist crews, and you are already on my friends list.

On that note, if anyone else wants to get down with heists and not just randomly pick crews, add 'digitist' on ps4.

Last night I was thinking about what we know about how heists work: Leader fronts cash and picks crew, isn't paid out till the end. Members get paid out per mission and at the end. Sorta sounds as if the Leader is the only constant in a heist. Like they will let us start a heist prep mission and invite the people we want.

Otherwise trying to get four people to set aside three hours... and if one of them has to leave? Complete pain in the rear end.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm insanely eager to become disconnected at the least opportune moment.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I will straight up trade phone numbers or Skype with a regular goon heist crew for that very reason.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Outside of work (game development freelancing) I will want to do heists a bunch up until the release of the $60 FF15 demo on the 17th. Living in Sweden but never experiencing lag outside of lobbies, username is the same on PSN, Skype or PSN party preferable since the in-game voicecomms are dysfunctional for those of us with USB audio.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Had fun last night guys, sorry I disappeared in free roam, power cut out due to snow and ice.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
The $250k crew challenges appear to be back. I just did one on XB1 that was a fake Criminal Records that forced you to reverse twice at the finish line and that was locked to first person SUVs.

edit: I found another fake Criminal Records 250k race. This one is a single lap super car race that has cargo containers blocking the road and an deceptively low time. My guess is that they are creating a challenge with a custom race, setting a time, and then going back and editing the race to put in a barrier.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Mar 6, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

We're getting a new radio station when the PC version launches.

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

Aardmania posted:

The $250k crew challenges appear to be back. I just did one on XB1 that was a fake Criminal Records that forced you to reverse twice at the finish line and that was locked to first person SUVs.

edit: I found another fake Criminal Records 250k race. This one is a single lap super car race that has cargo containers blocking the road and an deceptively low time. My guess is that they are creating a challenge with a custom race, setting a time, and then going back and editing the race to put in a barrier.

Good to hear, as I need to pad my bankroll to get ready for heist mode.

Anyone in the XB1 crew up for shenanigans tonight? GT: Trebag

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
Is anyone going to Heist on PS3?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Maytag posted:

Absolutely. I'll be spending as much time as I can heisting on PS3 if there are other goons to team up with.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rockstar put out a primer about Heists for people gearing up for them.

You don't just unlock new Versus modes by completing heists, you'll also unlock new vehicles and gear. Each heist has an "elite challenge" that pays out a bonus if you can complete it, and you can supposedly complete it as many times as you want, but there are also 4 "special heist completion bonuses" that are one-time bonuses. First time completion, completing all the heists in order (1 million), completing them all in order with the same team (extra 1 million), and completing them all in order with the same team without dying (10 million). Rockstar doesn't mention the "hard mode" requirement on the 10 million challenge, so maybe they realized how dumb that is?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah but... "Hard mode" isn't even that hard in this game. Every single mission I've run since drat near launch I flick over to Hard by default for the wee bonus.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Making sure we all run together with the same crew over and over could be a slight coordination hurdle.

Dibs on Jay. And maybe that other guy. Not the green one, the annoying one.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Poor Jay.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I'm up to bankroll poo poo. I have that covered.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Maytag posted:

yup, fresh420prince

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

santanotreal posted:

Absolutely. I'll be spending as much time as I can heisting on PS3 if there are other goons to team up with.

yep, Space_Echo

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

omg chael crash posted:

Making sure we all run together with the same crew over and over could be a slight coordination hurdle.

Dibs on Jay. And maybe that other guy. Not the green one, the annoying one.

You mean me right?

Right?

RIGHT!?!?!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah but... "Hard mode" isn't even that hard in this game. Every single mission I've run since drat near launch I flick over to Hard by default for the wee bonus.

Hard mode isn't that hard when you are just trying to finish a mission, but when you are trying to do multiple missions without a single person dying, then it starts getting difficult.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Maytag posted:

santanotreal posted:

fyodor posted:

yep, Space_Echo

What timezones are you guys?

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
Trebag is the only xbone goon in GTA I've decided

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I'm on Xbone. I'll be on in the evenings CST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008
I'm on Xbone too, I'm on mostly in the late afternoons or evenings.

• Locked thread