Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

we prefer more neutral terms now, like "execute," "hang," "lunch," "merk," or "puppy cuddle."

Also I forgot how nice IRC mafia games are.

the hip new term is dunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

in my game i will insist on the language being "brutally assault and murder based on physical characteristics and or creed/sexual orientation/political affiliation"

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Lets make Dragnix join us, spam his inbox

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Quandary posted:

Lets make Dragnix join us, spam his inbox

He was sent an invitation already. :shrug:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

make sure you include Mills, we need to ruin his perfect record

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

in my game i will insist on the language being "brutally assault and murder based on physical characteristics and or creed/sexual orientation/political affiliation"

"BAM" for short

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

EccoRaven posted:

I will instead be a facilitator. I am really good at this.

Everyone playing should post four things about themselves to help everyone to know each other better:

- Your name
- Your first mafia game
- Which "group" you most identify with (Old Guard: first joined <2012; Young Guard: ≥2012; Ausguard: Auspol players brought in by Mills).
- A favorite mafia moment

I'll start:
I'm ecco! My first mafia game was Mafia 3, way back in Spring 2007, hosted by kingcobweb. I was scum with Authorman, Roseo, and Savsomethingorother. I consider myself part of the "Old Guard."
A favorite mafia moment is in these two posts, which are what I dream of happening in every mafia game I've ever modded.

Now you do it!

-Jesse
-I don't remember, actually. I think it was on mtgsalvation?
-not just of the old guard, the old guard is defined by whether they played in one of my games.
-Ravnica: City of Guilds, where I, as a member of the Gruul guild, persuaded the Izzet to give us a trinket. Then smashed it. (I was actually a mafia infiltrator to Gruul but whatever).

I have two favorite mafia moments that don't involve me:
  • Lost mafia, where someone fakeclaimed survivor to get the mafia to both claim and out the SK (it was a townie)
  • Alastair (sp??) on MafiaScum, where he fakeclaimed cop as scum day one with result in a game where there was no night zero. He pointed to his scummate who sailed through to the endgame for free

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I got all the people covered that y'all forgot. Chelles, Dragnix, Tokes, GOEC, kcw, sombrero, DizzyCow, Authorman, Xythar, sloppo, Tucker, Auryn, Lomil, Authorman, LostBanana. I just wish me in reverse hadn't changed their username to something we can't find.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
My first game was 2005 btw (though I was reading a game in 2004)

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
KCW didn't you start the first ever SA mafia game?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Quandary posted:

KCW didn't you start the first ever SA mafia game?

There had been one or two in trad games, but those were very very different. The one I made in GBS in 2007 created the current mafia system we have.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mills posted:

I got all the people covered that y'all forgot. Chelles, Dragnix, Tokes, GOEC, kcw, sombrero, DizzyCow, Authorman, Xythar, sloppo, Tucker, Auryn, Lomil, Authorman, LostBanana. I just wish me in reverse hadn't changed their username to something we can't find.

try looking for "em"

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EccoRaven posted:

we prefer more neutral terms now, like "execute," "hang," "lunch," "merk," or "puppy cuddle."

Also I forgot how nice IRC mafia games are.

Oh yes, this whole thing.

Whenever someone brings it up I'm tempted to find some more offensive term to substitute in

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

kingcobweb posted:

There had been one or two in trad games, but those were very very different. The one I made in GBS in 2007 created the current mafia system we have.

Monster

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

happy to report that bwee, the progenitor of old school byob mafia, the ourangutan to our gorilla, has also joined us :mrgw:

if there is another forefather lemme know

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm Pecota, my first mafia game was Mafia 27 (Scum in Space) where I was town with a bunch of dorks I remember who don't post anymore (like The Taxman) and got NK'd right before LYLO with 3 people as a miller. If old guard is before 2012, I'm super old guard (even though I didn't play any games for like 2 and a half years).

My favorite mafia moments as a player are the cherry on top of leading four straight lynches after claiming I jailed the claimed cop as scum in The Drugfather and Virigoth winning A Situation at Highcliff Manor by claiming town SK after Ecco and I screamed at each other for like 10 pages. Runners-up are from Pander's Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney game, Civ V Mafia, and DBD's Dark Hospital.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Tbh I think this is better than lynch

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Me in Reverse is "a worthy uh" iirc

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

quote:

- Your name
- Your first mafia game
- Which "group" you most identify with (Old Guard: first joined <2012; Young Guard: ≥2012; Ausguard: Auspol players brought in by Mills).
- A favorite mafia moment

Magnus
Highwires Starcrat GBS game
I played before 2012 but also after 2012 so I don't really think I identify with one over the other.
When I fake-claimed a tracking result on mikujin in Xopods Cavemen game. I claimed to have tracked him to the kill. It turns out that he actually did do the kill, but he was a ninja. He got turboed and flipped scum and I was NK'd because I had such a super OP role. I was vanilla town.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I look forward to getting modkilled in this because lol at reading 200 posts everytime I check.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

weekly font posted:

I look forward to getting modkilled in this because lol at reading 200 posts everytime I check.

I too look forward to death

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

who's even going to notice if you lurk

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Magnus Gallant posted:

I too look forward to death

The only goal in life should be to die of something cool.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
i miss synx and shitty_wok. When those guys played you knew you wouldn't be in the two worst players guaranteed.

Synx and shitty_wok should def play this game.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
DS9K might actually have been the youngest person to play mafia with us, I think.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Make this plurality lynch or we're never gonna kill anybody

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

busb posted:

When those guys played you knew you wouldn't be in the two worst players guaranteed.

Does anyone remember willie_dee because I'm pretty sure he was the worst mafia player I've ever seen including looking in several mirrors

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

949 posts? Anyone can give me a recap? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

This has potential to be the first game to ever go to lylo at 40 players left alive don't mess this up guys

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

who's even going to notice if you lurk

The best strategy is probably to wait a week or two and then see if you're still alive.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ecco was easily the youngest. He's been around as long as me and he's like 19 now.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks in September and won't be able to post during that time so I might not be around much for midgame

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
OneminusOne wins the award for the most infuriating player ever.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks in September and won't be able to post during that time so I might not be around much for midgame

nah, the game won't get that far that quickly

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Magnus Gallant posted:

OneminusOne wins the award for the most infuriating player ever.

Let me tell you about Piuro

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Also, I'm gladdened to know that you're doing well, Token Female. I thought something had happened.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I forgot how much I loved that role/flavor combination.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

He posts under WAFFLEHOUND now. Someone invite him. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Let me tell you about Piuro

Also Lumpen

• Locked thread