Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This will happen tonight right? You just want to air whatever grievances, get some more reads down, but we will successfully execute someone, because I feel like going to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This will happen tonight right? You just want to air whatever grievances, get some more reads down, but we will successfully execute someone, because I feel like going to bed.
It appears this gets once again left up to Mills, which doesn't make me feel comfortable

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

gently caress, vote me out if that's what it takes, I just really don't want to go another day without euphemizing someone

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Lumpen posted:

He was an early vote on Puntification D1. I think Punt remains most Scummy, and if that turns out right, it makes wall monitor likely Town.

I don't like wall monitor's lurking. However, I have seen him (as Town) pursue staunchly wrong paths in the recent past, and I don't read his opinions as insincere here, although I disagree with him on 100.

This bother's me Lumpen. Your opinion on players seems very strongly tied to who they want to vote and less about how they are posting -- although that might just be the emphasis from how you are posting. Do you normally make your alignment calls this way?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

wall monitor posted:

gently caress, vote me out if that's what it takes, I just really don't want to go another day without euphemizing someone

This is an overreaction to one vote.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lumpen posted:

It appears this gets once again left up to Mills, which doesn't make me feel comfortable

He won't vote Ernie if he doesn't want to that's for sure. But he did say earlier that he would hammer.

Mills posted:

poo poo now I can't hammer him

As long as he sticks around anyway.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is an overreaction to one vote.

Perhaps, but I can get the frustration.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This bother's me Lumpen. Your opinion on players seems very strongly tied to who they want to vote and less about how they are posting -- although that might just be the emphasis from how you are posting. Do you normally make your alignment calls this way?
Absolutely. The vote record represents a highly important source of information. Much more useful after some actual flips, but that only underscores my bitter disappointment in the no-lynch D1.

Scum vote with hesitation, opportunistically, and when the bus or distance they usually find a reason to hop off the vote on a Scumbuddy before things look critical.

I feel confident from the vote record that wall monitor and Puntification do not fit as likely Scumbuddies. Since I currently find reason to suspect Puntification more, I logically currently suspect wall monitor less.

Does that make sense to you? I note that you seem very eager to find fault with me this game, but you approach it in an unusually indirect way, for example defending Puntification repeatedly and second guessing my read of wall monitor.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I have returned.

wall monitor posted:

This seems unnecessarily defensive.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Does that make sense to you? I note that you seem very eager to find fault with me this game, but you approach it in an unusually indirect way, for example defending Puntification repeatedly and second guessing my read of wall monitor.

I dont think this is a fair representation. I asked my question because I was trying to understand your logic, especially because we haven't had a lynch yet. Like, I understand feeling more positive about someone because they think similarly to you, but I consider this alongside their other posts. Your opinions seem to give more weight to their agreement with your opinion than any other aspects of their play, or at least, that is how your posting is coming across to me.

Your comments about me I think explain part of my issue. You are so sure Punt is scum that it is colouring your read's of other players, and I think to your detriment. Earlier you said I was "enabling" Punt, which is not true. I merely have a different opinion to you, however you see that as a conspiracy between us.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Kumbamontu posted:

I have returned.

This seems unnecessarily defensive.

Well maybe I'm being unnecessarily defensive!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

##unvote everyone is here talking no reason not to take our time.

When you unvoted I expected you to continue to be part of the conversation that began. Why drag this to the wire? Why take that chance. I don't think an extra hour will bring us any new information.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

WM, is there more to your opinion on 100 Years than just your original case from D1? If so, can you elaborate?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

When you unvoted I expected you to continue to be part of the conversation that began. Why drag this to the wire? Why take that chance. I don't think an extra hour will bring us any new information.

Agreed. poo poo or get off the pot so to speak

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hey now keep you attitude to yourself. ##vote Ernie again. I wasn't going away, I just got distracted making dinner. You can go to sleep, someone will get taken care of.

But people are talking and maybe it is becoming clearer that tomorrow you need to look harder at Lumpen.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

You guys sure are worried, jeez

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey now keep you attitude to yourself. ##vote Ernie again. I wasn't going away, I just got distracted making dinner. You can go to sleep, someone will get taken care of.

But people are talking and maybe it is becoming clearer that tomorrow you need to look harder at Lumpen.

Sorry lack of sleep and all that. Right. Good night.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

No one seems to be very chatty.

##vote Ernie

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Ernie. (7): Rascyc, Rascyc, Mills, Mills, 100YrsofAttitude, Grandicap, Rascyc, Kumbamontu, wall monitor, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, fiery_valkyrie
Puntification (1): Lumpen
DuckHuntDog (1): Lumpen, Lumpen, Mills, Grandicap, Grandicap
Mills (1): fiery_valkyrie, DuckHuntDog, fiery_valkyrie
Lumpen (1): Puntification, DuckHuntDog, DuckHuntDog, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Grandicap (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Hal Incandenza (0): Rascyc, 100YrsofAttitude, 100YrsofAttitude, Rascyc, Rascyc, Rascyc
wall monitor (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
100YrsofAttitude (0): Kumbamontu, wall monitor, Kumbamontu, wall monitor
Dr. Hurt (0): Ernie., Ernie., Lumpen, Lumpen, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (2): Dr. Hurt, Ernie.

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 06th, 2015 at midnight EST -- that's in about 56 minutes.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

As the second day wore on, the crew gathered around Ernie., hurling questions. Why did he have a French accent? How did he get here? Though he tried to reason he was from French Canada and a loyal subject of the crown, this explanation only incensed them further and he was promptly thrown overboard. Unfortunately, he was telling the truth. Looking through his belongings, the crew could only find a medical kit with extremely clean instruments. The day at its end, the crew heads to bed exhausted and disheartened.

Ernie. Town-Aligned 2-shot Doctor was puppycuddled Day 2.

Night actions are due within 24 hours.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

The crew awakens to find a grisly scene in wall monitor's room. His blood is pooled under his bunk and a look of shock plastered across his face with a bullet hole just below his eye. After a quick eulogy he is sent to his final rest in the ocean and the crew begins another day on board the ship.

wall monitor, town-aligned vanilla has died Night 2.

Day 3 begins, deadline is Thursday at 10:00 pm EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): 100YrsofAttitude, Dr. Hurt, DuckHuntDog, fiery_valkyrie, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Kumbamontu, Lumpen, Mills, Puntification, Rascyc

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 12th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 days, 9 hours.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

:hb:

You, yes you killed me while I wasn't even here to defend myself!!!

B-but I get it. I'm just the least likeable person in the game so all my goodwill of not wanting to cuddle anyone caused my demise. :smith:

:hb:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

:ghost: Somehow I've ended up dying N1 in the last two games I've been in now. :ghost:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

wall monitor posted:

:ghost: Somehow I've ended up dying N1 in the last two games I've been in now. :ghost:

Not that is makes it that much better but you died n2.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Puntification posted:

Not that is makes it that much better but you died n2.

:ghost: Oh, right, I actually died N2 both here and SMT mafia. Okay shutting up now, go town :ghost:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm not gonna belabour my position on lumpen any more, I will vote him the moment the rest of you are willing but I might as well play some mafia in the meantime:

It's quite interesting that the NK was on WM and not on ras or hurt who are quasi-confirmed (depending on the legitimacy of ras's claim). Makes me tempted to suggest lynching ras to test it's validity.

wall monitor posted:

:ghost: Oh, right, I actually died N2 both here and SMT mafia. Okay shutting up now, go town :ghost:

Still shamefully early to kill a beginner, scum team is full of arseholes clearly.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I've asked for a replacement or to be modkilled, I don't have the time or energy this game deserves. My apologies everyone.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hello friends, let us get serious here

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
##vote Hal

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Puntification posted:

I've asked for a replacement or to be modkilled, I don't have the time or energy this game deserves. My apologies everyone.
don't replace just vote hal

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rascyc posted:

don't replace just vote hal

Why Hal? Do you have an actual scum read or just a lurker read?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ras, why didn't you use your power on Hal?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Grandicap posted:

Why Hal? Do you have an actual scum read or just a lurker read?
scum read, content lurking straight up still

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Mills posted:

Ras, why didn't you use your power on Hal?
no can do mr. mcgoo

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

possibly because the power is not real

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Okay full claim time, but you guys need to vote Hal after this.

Gather around the camp fire kids, let me tell you a story

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will vote myself if the story is good

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I started the game with two PRs. One is an unconfirmed masonry with DHD. The masonry has been quiet, and DHD hasn't fallen for any of my scum test tricks in the mason. He hasn't dug into my PR, has lamented trying to play d1, and just that he's disinterested in the game. For the most part I think he's pretty much town, as I think scum would just honestly ignore the masonry completely rather than bother piping up. Or at least he'd try to leverage it. This is why I was never voting DHD and probably never will. My history with DHD in games is that he usually makes like 2-3 posts a day and a vote when he's town. It could be he is scum and has told the scum team that I was lying but I doubt it?

My second PR is a recharger PR and I give additional shots to people. I get success messages on all of these and can bilocate with it, and can use it twice per night. The flavor is in the form of rations and placing them in front of people's bunks. On N1 I targeted Mills/f_v and on N2 I targeted 100 yrs/Lumpen. My targets were pretty much my town reads at this point. I have no more rations to give out at this point so there's no point in hiding this claim. My hope isn't that anyone verifies this has happened (since that'd out your own role dummies) but just that there's a lock-in explanation for additional shots (or not) for later claims in case I am not present.

Yes I realize this invalidates my ability to filter people's claims with my own claim but I think I gave that up when I made up the replacement story out of boredom and kept walking it forward for self-LOLs. Anyway I told DHD I made up the sub-thing during n2 in case I died, but he hasn't opened up the masonry again as far as I can tell and I am still alive so I can do it myself.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Now that that's been set straight I'm going to go back to putting as much effort in this game as everyone else and close the thread until probably Tuesday. I am very sure of my Hal read because I've literally lost to this version of Hal three times as town and it's really frustrating that the lowest effort content lurking wins so easily with so little effort.

I have easy one line thoughts on almost everyone in the game at this point and it's usually in the form of "So and so is town because" and "So and so is possibly scum because".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

If you're reading DHD as town, why didn't you recharge him?

• Locked thread