Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

My wife's grand cherokee laredo was basically the biggest pile of poo poo i ever had to deal with

including military vehicles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

My wife's grand cherokee laredo was basically the biggest pile of poo poo i ever had to deal with

including military vehicles

Did you keep up with maintenance properly or just pencil whip the 1800?!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Subarus own. Jeeps are for scrubs. VW... lol. Ask me about:

not getting stuck ever

straight and gay chicks alike diggin' my whip

so much room for activities

not pulling the engine to do a clutch job lol gently caress that

the best fart noises a car can make

not being a pathetic scrub who complains about the weather

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
I researched a bunch, seems that ripping the clutch out is actually pretty straightforward, I don't have to pull the engine. Looking at the steps involved though, I don't blame the shop for trying to charge a $1200 go the gently caress away tax.

I got to order some new tools though!

Wife unfortunately loves the poo poo out of volkswagens.

I'm just gonna sit in the corner here with my 1977 international that only requires harsh language and a firm pimp hand to keep on the road.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Spicy Guacamole posted:

not pulling the engine to do a clutch job lol gently caress that

That's not the jeep, that's the vette and it's because I swapped for an aftermarket transmission that's bigger than the old one. With the Muncie 4-speed I could drop the transmission to get to the clutch. That said, this car holds to the Blood Sacrifice Rule like none I've ever owned.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 6, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

yep. oil changes, scheduled maintenance, I was all over that poo poo.

tranny failed, 2 window motors failed, a/c compressor blew up, the 4-wheel drive transfer case linkage failed, i could keep going.

my wife bought it from the official dealership that her cousin worked at, and paid for the warranty and everything (before we dated). I would bring it in for something or other, and strangely enough nothing was covered. One day I said gently caress it,, had my wife call in and tell them to give me all the paperwork for the work done on the car. They said ok to her on the phone, then refused to give it to me when I got there. Called my lawyer on the way out. 45 minutes later the dealer manager called me up yelling at me for making it a legal matter, I told him to eat my poo poo and give me the paperwork.

turns out my wife was paying for a warranty that was never valid. They never told her this, and just told her instead that the warranty didn't cover it.

they gave back the money paid for the warranty. my wife didn't want to make a big deal out of it since her cousin worked there, but they don't talk anymore now.

Now she drives a Ford Fiesta that runs awesomely (except for the bullshit Ford Sync crap that drives me up a goddamn wall). I traded in the xB last year for a used Grand Marquis. It's nice, but there's a lot of times I miss the Scion.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
my jeep was a steaming pile of poo poo that did nothing but cost ridic money

only 1 thing broke while in warranty, the radiator at ~3,000 miles

it was a 2006 and i sold it at 58k miles and got 11.5k for it, whomever got it after that was going to have to replace the transmission and most likely other things soon after

loving thing costed me about 6-8k in repairs

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So aside from Subaru what are the decent brands these days. Mazda? Hyundai? Seems like Honda and Toyota aren't the 300k mile beasts from the 80s and 90s anymore

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
my gfs honda is at like 80k miles with zero issues so far and she drives the gently caress out of it on surface streets only no highways

my mustang is at 5k with no issues yet! :911:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm just curious what's going to happen when all these hybrids and overly complicated cars start needing major repairs. What do you mean I have to pay to recycle all these batteries?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
i think that poo poo is all subsidized right now

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Uncle had an early 90s jeep cherokee with the straight six, that thing would never die. His wife once exploded a radiator hose and drove it until it seized. Some more water, a spritz of antifreeze, good for another billion miles.

I'm starting to notice a trend with gender and vehicle problems.

:350:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ded posted:

i think that poo poo is all subsidized right now

depends on the state, but a ton of them are.

also there are plans to bring hydrogen stations to New England, which would be cool to see. I've been thinking of that since James May showed off the Honda Clarity on Top Gear.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I traded in the xB last year for a used Grand Marquis

so youre either an east african cab driver or 80 years old right?

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Icon Of Sin posted:

Drove my jeep to and from AK, from NC. It's still going strong 5 years later, so I think I made a good choice back then

The only good choice I made in the military, other than bailing the gently caress out

Road tripped 5000 miles from Oklahoma City to Anchorage in my 98 Cherokee Sport. Outside of an over heating issue in Las Vegas, it ran like a champ.

My 2000 4Runner would've made the Anchorage to Vegas trip just fine (in Dec) if a goddamned deer hadn't intervened:

The trip before that point was pretty cool though:

lol

The 3-pax Silverado that was my hooptie at KAF was so beat to poo poo it wasn't even funny. I don't think anyone had ever touched the 1800 (or any other part) of that thing.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So aside from Subaru what are the decent brands these days. Mazda? Hyundai? Seems like Honda and Toyota aren't the 300k mile beasts from the 80s and 90s anymore

My 2012 4Runner is going full steam, 35k miles and no issues

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
More chicks need to work on cars.

:shlick:

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Hyundai's Genesis Coupe is pretty rad, if that's the sort of thing you're into.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Her control arms are faaaaaabulous

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'm driving my hooptie until it's stolen or totaled. Never had a car payment and don't want one

Just wondering if the days of the glorious 90s forever lasting Japanese cars is still carrying on

I know Hyundai has done a huge 180 and is slowly losing that stigma that some people care about for social status for w/e reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnWKz7Cthkk

well, close enough

still want it

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Mar 6, 2015

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

my hooptie got totalled 6 months ago. I miss my 300,000 mile dodge intrepid sometime.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

LeoMarr posted:

my hooptie got totalled 6 months ago. I miss my 300,000 mile dodge intrepid sometime.

just imagining the smell of swampass and cigarette smoke permanently embedded into your chyrlser econo shitbox upholstery is giving me shivers

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

just imagining the smell of swampass and cigarette smoke permanently embedded into your chyrlser econo shitbox upholstery is giving me shivers

the guy I bought it from said he had spilled a 2 litre jack daniels container and it smelled like an alcohol factory. It was like a grand and I am a cheap jew. I never had to put the thing through any maintenance other than oil changes. It ran like a champ and smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. And to boot it was destroyed by a mustang, which was also demolished in the crash. A 2014 mustang got murdered by my dodge intrepid :smug:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ that's kinda impressive.

Anything chrysler during the cerberus years is a giant poo poo pile. The 4.0L straight 6 got axed in 2005, meaning there hasn't been a wrangler worth owning in at least a decade. Fiat has apparently made good changes, but their still poo poo cars in my mind.

I have nothing but loathing hatred for GM after their 90s shitbox festival and then bailout money. At least Ford kept their poo poo together.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Master Bateman posted:

PBR is $3 in the bar I go to. Which is pretty drat good for Waikiki.

You live in Hawaii? Congrats on winning life. I'll be in Honolulu for vacation next week. Any recommendations for food/night life?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It was a brand new rav 4 that some dude had just bought that his wife was driving that totaled my 04 mountaineer two and a half weeks ago.

Got more than I put into it for the property damage. My insurance still owes me my deductible back once they collect from her insurance. Cheap fucks wanted to offer me $2500 less than USAA was going to give me.

Now I'm stuck with nothing but a 38 year old car that hasn't really been driven in a year or my motorcycle. Just sucks that I don't have anything that I can really move anything around in.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dantu posted:

You live in Hawaii? Congrats on winning life. I'll be in Honolulu for vacation next week. Any recommendations for food/night life?

Depends on what you're looking for. There are classy places and hold in the wall shitholes. What's your preference?

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Depends on what you're looking for. There are classy places and hold in the wall shitholes. What's your preference?

Id prefer not to get beat up by BJ Penn so classy.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I love reading woundedamericanwarrior.com. It's peak Tea Party every day

http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/nj-deli-owners-white-history-month-sign-is-bringing-the-outrage-squad-out-in-full-force/

quote:

NJ Deli Owner’s “White History Month” Sign Is Bringing The Outrage Squad Out In Full Force…

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
the comments own

quote:

EqualityRules 13h Ago
This is so petty. Black people just had a whole month to celebrate their heritage and they are complaining because a white man wants to celebrate his? Grow up! There isn't anything racist about it. If someone thinks it is racist, it's because that's the way they think. In my opinion, the word "racist" is getting used way too often.

BLACK PEOPLE HAVE A WHOLE MONTH!!!! (the shortest month lol)

"That cross piece of the T has since been broadened to make it a more traditional, if top-heavy, capital T."

What the gently caress is a top-heavy capital T?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Dantu posted:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ono-seafood-honolulu

Best poke ever and the superbowl (extra poke) is under $10 never frozen. Takeout and there are two picnic tables out front. I go at least 3 days a week.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

Master Bateman posted:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ono-seafood-honolulu

Best poke ever and the superbowl (extra poke) is under $10 never frozen. Takeout and there are two picnic tables out front. I go at least 3 days a week.

Yes. This exactly what I'm looking for. I'm obsessed with poke. I have even made it at home with frozen yellowfin steaks. Thanks for the recommendation I will definitely check it out.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Dantu posted:

Yes. This exactly what I'm looking for. I'm obsessed with poke. I have even made it at home with frozen yellowfin steaks. Thanks for the recommendation I will definitely check it out.

Also if you want legit Hawaiian food, a block away from Ono Seafood is http://www.yelp.com/biz/ono-hawaiian-foods-honolulu

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I have an Infiniti. Ask me about owning a fast, extremely comfortable, RWD Nissan

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nissans own

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Altimas and Maximas are pretty lovely. Titans/Armadas aren't a real prize either. Everything else is cool

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I miss my Nissan. It was a POS but nothing could kill it.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

Altimas and Maximas are pretty lovely. Titans/Armadas aren't a real prize either. Everything else is cool

My 98 altima took SO long to die.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Just found out that my old polisci professor from a handful of years ago is sans a set of a cock and balls and still wears Seahawks gear everywhere.

lol i can't even

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Also, eat here http://www.yelp.com/biz/lanis-loco-moco-and-plate-lunch-honolulu

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you have time to go up to north shore, Giovanni's shrimp truck is always a great stop and so is ted's bakery.

As far as honolulu bars, it depends on your scene. Do you want a club or do you want a smoky bar? You're going to see military people everywhere anywhere you go. You're more likely to get into a fight with them than most locals unless you're being an exceptional jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Master Bateman posted:

My 98 altima took SO long to die.

Yeah, but their transmissions were/are set up so loving poorly. They are the living embodiment of torque steer. Not to mention a 98 anything (that wasn;t made in a former Soviet Republic) shouldn't already be dead in 2015

• Locked thread