Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
that shot pretty obviously hit the post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

It was worth the wait.

Gotta live for the small things as a Melbourne supporter

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Chairchucker posted:

I'm not convinced that is actually humanly possible.
Maybe he meant the whole team. 40-odd players in the squad, 5000km over 100 days of the preseason, yeah, they'd only need to do a marathon every day.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I don't think we got any injuries from the game so it seems impolite to not treat that as a win in and of itself given other teams losses

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Chairchucker posted:

I'm not convinced that is actually humanly possible.

I don't know, running around the earth five times sounds like a pretty typical preseason to me

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Gough Suppressant posted:

Gotta live for the small things as a Melbourne supporter

How did Hogan look? I missed the game but his stats look alright.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

How did Hogan look? I missed the game but his stats look alright.

Big tank on him especially considering conditions, hot and humid. Lead to the wrong spot a couple of times and dropped a few gettable marks. Was happy to crash into packs though, and looked pretty good for his first game since last NAB cup.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Doctor Cave posted:

I don't know, running around the earth five times sounds like a pretty typical preseason to me

Pictured : Michael Barlow, just before christmas

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Markworth did his shoulder again. AFL's article said six months, maybe the Saints site is trying to remain hopeful. If it is out for the season, that might just do him. Shame - beyond being an athletic freak, he seemed like a good kid. His parents sit behind me at home games and he dropped by once or twice to say hi. Fingers crossed.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Looks like there's going to be one less reason to go see Melbourne play(meaning zero) next year, since Howe is putting off contract talks till the end of the year.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 6, 2015

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Looks like there's going to be one less reason to go see Melbourne play(meaning zero) next year, since Howe is putting off contract talks till the end of the year.

A good thing too, Hawthorn's depth was looking a bit shaky with a lot of it's star players on the wrong side of 30.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
Also Essendon continues to impress, having to be stopped by the AFL from playing Goddard, Cooney, Daniher and Gwilt in a practice match against Williamstown while keeping them out of the practice match against St Kilda.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Pretty sure we are just outright trolling now.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
A friend of mine on facebook said recently that barracking for Essendon is kind of like being related to Pol Pot which makes sense

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Shmoses posted:

A friend of mine on facebook said recently that barracking for Essendon is kind of like being related to Pol Pot which makes sense

What's the punchline?

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
There's a kid next door, I don't know how old he is, never seen him but my bedroom is next to their backyard fence so I hear him and his parents a lot. I'm guessing he is maybe 5ish. The other day his dad gave him a warning not to dig up the flowers in the backyard. Minutes later that dad yells at the kid "what did I tell you about digging up the flowers??" The kid replies "but these aren't flowers they're the tomatoes", the dad concedes, "well don't dig up the vegetables either!" That kid is Essendon, the Dad is the AFL.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

xcore posted:

What's the punchline?
Pol Pot spent less time clogging up the courts

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Also Essendon continues to impress, having to be stopped by the AFL from playing Goddard, Cooney, Daniher and Gwilt in a practice match against Williamstown while keeping them out of the practice match against St Kilda.

Yeah, typical of them trying to sneak a practice match for their best 22 more or less.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm sitting in my house about 2km from this dumb match about to watch it on TV.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That Tippinmuigi guy is built like a loving truck

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Holmes kicked a pretty nice goal earlier.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Seb Ross was having a really good game till he did his hammy. gently caress the NAB challenge. gently caress injuries.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

hiddenmovement posted:

That Tippinmuigi guy is built like a loving truck

Tipungwuti? I've seen him in person and can confirm he is loving massive. It probably holds him back a bit though.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
One of my coworkers is taking my shift next Saturday so I can go up to Ballarat for Melbourne vs bulldogs :toot:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Can't wait to see the Eagles play Port... oh wait it's not televised

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Can't wait to see the Eagles play Port... oh wait it's not televised

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-27/nontelevised-nab-challenge-matches-available-online

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

So I joined a local team and started preseason.

I discovered that I am an unhealthy, unfit, cheeto scoffing goon.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I'm coming off 6 weeks of nightshift now, watching Norf and Hawks, feels good man.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Of course the stream doesn't actually work. Telstra has to be one of the most incompetent companies in the world.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Diet Crack posted:

Of course the stream doesn't actually work. Telstra has to be one of the most incompetent companies in the world.

Try this one: http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-03-08/live-west-coast-v-port-adelaide

I loaded it up, saw the score then decided to just watch Norf get stomped instead

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Haha Jarrod Waite you are a dumb.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

TG-Chrono posted:

Haha Jarrod Waite you are a dumb.

read this and thought, "oh god what now" before remembering he's not with the Blues any more.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

gabensraum posted:

read this and thought, "oh god what now" before remembering he's not with the Blues any more.

Real talk, I did exactly the same thing. I had to look up if Carlton was playing today.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Don't see roughie drop marks like that very often.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
What did Waite actually do?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

What did Waite actually do?

Spoiled the back of a players head through a lazy attempt at the ball. Got reported. #justwaitethings

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That was basically 2 full lists going at each other yeah? Healthy crowd too 7k at Shepparton

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ellis and Wellingham injured.

gently caress the NAB challenge in it's stupid loving face.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Sounds like the Eagles haven't been drinking their Malk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I don't like that at all, I'm not prepared to give up my most hard done by title.

• Locked thread