Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

InShaneee posted:

holy poo poo

Hashtalk hear me!

It is true what many of you have heard. The Trolls and Fud Spreaders have gathered an army and as I speak that army is drawing nearer to our home. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us but if we are to be prepared for it we must first shed our fear of it. I stand hear before you now truly unafraid!

Why?! Because I believe something you do not?

No!

I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am hear not because of the path that lay before me.. but because of the path that lies behind me! I remember that for years we have fought these Trolls and Fud Spreaders! I remember that for years they have sent their armies to destroy us and after a Try after another I remember that which matters most!

Paycoin is still here!

tonight let us send a message to that army! Let us shake this Playce ! Tonight let us tremble these walls of earth, steel and stone! Let us be heard from Hashtalk to Bitcointalk, Twitter and beyond ! Tonight let us make them remember this is HASHTALK and we are not afraid!

LONG LIVE PAYCOIN

Paycoin will gain Success because of the community and everything. Fast transaction time.debit card. and so on. this will be the Currency of the future... ;-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

all versions of utorrent are garbage

what's something yos approved? transmission qt?

DaNzA fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Mar 6, 2015

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

http://www.epicscale.com/

How is money earned?

Solving math problems for weather prediction, physics simulations, cryptography (including cryptocurrency mining) and more has real world value. We solve these problems on behalf of our trusted partners, and donate proceeds to your favorite charities.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

DaNzA posted:

i endorse death

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DaNzA posted:

there were a few clients that people approved of, but i can't remember them. so i am also interested in the answer to this question

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Dex posted:

How is money earned?

How blockchain get pragnant?

literally bitler

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
nothing is good
i used vuze for a while but then 5.1 or 5.2 or something hosed up the torrent adding ui
tried qbittorrent but its ui sucks even worse
went back to utorrent and just avoid holding it wrong

(never enable "append .!ut" since it seems to have a race condition that will cause it to fail to hash data right and instead redownload it all while leaving the old download there, don't download anything with files greater than around 4GB since allocation sometimes gets stuck forever and needs a process kill + app restart)

gonna try deluge eventually so if you're looking for an alternative i guess i'd try that first?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
transmission is the answer

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
cool

Dex posted:

i endorse death

guess that'll do too, thanks

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

uhhh do any of the other clients have a Tetris easter egg? didn't think so.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

nothing is good
i used vuze for a while but then 5.1 or 5.2 or something hosed up the torrent adding ui
tried qbittorrent but its ui sucks even worse
went back to utorrent and just avoid holding it wrong

(never enable "append .!ut" since it seems to have a race condition that will cause it to fail to hash data right and instead redownload it all while leaving the old download there, don't download anything with files greater than around 4GB since allocation sometimes gets stuck forever and needs a process kill + app restart)

gonna try deluge eventually so if you're looking for an alternative i guess i'd try that first?

i used azureus and then vuze for the longest time, and when i finally tried something else (utorrent), i was shocked by how insanely fast it was

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Dex posted:

How is money earned?

Solving math problems for weather prediction, physics simulations, cryptography (including cryptocurrency mining) and more has real world value. We solve these problems on behalf of our trusted partners, and donate proceeds to your favorite charities.

conveniently my favorite charity shares a bank account number with me!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

prefect posted:

i used azureus and then vuze for the longest time, and when i finally tried something else (utorrent), i was shocked by how insanely fast it was
iirc it helps to give vuze more memory, by default it tries to stay within 128mb or something which is far too low (it'll still be slower even with this fixed tho)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

JFairfax posted:

transmission is the answer

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
i just pay for my video and audio media instead of illegally downloading it from butt torrent, try that

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://coinfire.io/2015/03/06/coin-fire-gaw-miners-catches-sec-ftc-irs-dhs-attention/
The SEC isn’t the only government organization involved in investigating GAW Miners in what Coin Fire has now learned is a multi-agency operation. The SEC has been sharing documents with the FTC, IRS, FinCen, and even the Department of Homeland Security regarding potential money-laundering and the movement of money to those believed to be actively working with terrorists abroad.

[...]

Several documents also reference an XPY investor and GAW Miners investor by name as having been cited in several DHS watch lists for potential money laundering on the behalf of terrorists.

The DHS investigation also names a second individual based in Saudi Arabia as a potential second suspect in money laundering operations. This individual gave Mr. Garza large sums of cash off the books via wire transfers and was complacent and intimately involved with Mr. Garza.

it looks like CryptoCoinsNews is also part of the investigation due to taking money from GAW to give them only good press
also the lawyer gaw used to try and C&D coinfire into stopping is an attorney of the bitcoin foundation

quote:

[–]FargoBTC 18 points 8 hours ago
I just seen on the hastalk forum the brainwashed users are praising josh and saying its all made up so people can destroy this threat to bitcoin. It makes me sick. How can you be so foolish.

[–]RegulatedByMath 5 points 4 hours ago
I think a lot of them just have Stockholm Syndrome, this is sad.

[–]IntellectualEuphoria 10 points 8 hours ago
Most of the "brainwashed users" are actually paid shills or the owners themselves.

[–]cazalla662[S] 4 points 7 hours ago
It's the only option they have, so they will continue to claim it was never a scam and Josh will make good on his promises.. Anything else would be an act of self-admission that they were scammed.

amazing

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Greyhawk posted:

Hashtalk hear me!

It is true what many of you have heard. The Trolls and Fud Spreaders have gathered an army and as I speak that army is drawing nearer to our home. Believe me when I say we have a difficult time ahead of us but if we are to be prepared for it we must first shed our fear of it. I stand hear before you now truly unafraid!

Why?! Because I believe something you do not?

No!

I stand here without fear because I remember. I remember that I am hear not because of the path that lay before me.. but because of the path that lies behind me! I remember that for years we have fought these Trolls and Fud Spreaders! I remember that for years they have sent their armies to destroy us and after a Try after another I remember that which matters most!

Paycoin is still here!

tonight let us send a message to that army! Let us shake this Playce ! Tonight let us tremble these walls of earth, steel and stone! Let us be heard from Hashtalk to Bitcointalk, Twitter and beyond ! Tonight let us make them remember this is HASHTALK and we are not afraid!

LONG LIVE PAYCOIN

Paycoin will gain Success because of the community and everything. Fast transaction time.debit card. and so on. this will be the Currency of the future... ;-)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Greyhawk posted:

I remember that I am hear

lol u idiot

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
this garza thing is really paying off in laffs, which is good we've been in a bit of a lull

long live january '15, the funniest time

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

are there any other big names tied up with the garza stuff?

please say roger ver. please say roger ver.

in fact, wasnt roger ver desperate to get hold of garza recently?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingorc posted:

this garza thing is really paying off in laffs, which is good we've been in a bit of a lull

long live january '15, the funniest time

Depending on how long it takes the SEC/FTC/IRS/DHS to get this case together, January '16 could eclipse it

fuctifino posted:

are there any other big names tied up with the garza stuff?

please say roger ver. please say roger ver.

in fact, wasnt roger ver desperate to get hold of garza recently?

That looked pretty faked

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
theoretical question: is it possible to determine whether the poster is a garza proxy or a delusional supporter just by analyzing the text?

the bombastic style and palpable disconnect from reality would seem to indicate the latter, but maybe a cynical shill would try to emulate that style because he thought it would be more likely to sway a poorly educated audience of kool-aid drinkers. like the iraqi information minister in 2003.

aw, i just looked up Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf to see what he was doing these days and apparently it's dying of terminal illness, which made me a little sad.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Vice did something on the rise and fall of dogecoin

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-guy-who-ruined-dogecoin

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

also this paycoin thing is going to be big, the buttcoin subreddit is pulling up a bunch of stuff from their forums before it gets deleted and there's are some serious accusations flying around.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

“Moolah’s sales pitch involved projected Doge dividends over the course of a couple years. They also claimed that the company was rapidly expanding and that their development team was working on a prototype Doge ATM,” one of Moolah’s investors, who asked to be identified by his Reddit username, Rubbyrubbytumtum, told me. “Because the Dogecoin community was based so wholly on generosity, we were like sheep to the slaughter.”

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

FCKGW posted:

what the gently caress adobe/ibm workers invented dogecoin

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

hosed up if true

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

FCKGW posted:

also this paycoin thing is going to be big, the buttcoin subreddit is pulling up a bunch of stuff from their forums before it gets deleted and there's are some serious accusations flying around.

I went looking for a plane crash/wtc gif to do something regarding this but it lead me to conspiracy theory central and now I'm all :psyduck: so gently caress it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm partial to mocking one of the other names listed: Sir_Knee_Grow

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

DaNzA posted:

qbittorrent has torrented bits quite well for me after i got tired of µtorrent pushing crapware on updates

i also tried deluge, but it defaulted to finnish and i don't think you can change it without some bat file fuckery, so i uninstalled it immediately.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
Non Sequitur

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
what am i doing wrong that i can't successfully google the hitlerdidnothingwrong address?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

furries use bit torrent

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

"invented" is a pretty generous way of putting it

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

what am i doing wrong that i can't successfully google the hitlerdidnothingwrong address?
1HitLerDidNothingWrongggggghJewfv

found by searching 1HitLer on http://btc.blockr.io/ because every other blockchain browser has disabled address searching

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

https://blockchain.info/address/1HitLerDidNothingWrongggggghJewfv

i found it by googling: bitcoin address "hitler did nothing wrong"

but of course that led back to this thread.

edit: sorry, not this thread, the last one.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Muscle Tracer posted:

"invented" is a pretty generous way of putting it

they created it as a joke, not their fault the internet picked it up and ran with it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

FCKGW posted:

one of Moolah’s investors, who asked to be identified by his Reddit username, Rubbyrubbytumtum,

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Boxturret posted:

Rubbyrubbytumtum,

mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

what makes them different/special that would stop them being idiots? what do you think i do for a living? have you noticed that i pretend to be a duck on the internet?

• Locked thread