Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, but their transmissions were/are set up so loving poorly. They are the living embodiment of torque steer. Not to mention a 98 anything (that wasn;t made in a former Soviet Republic) shouldn't already be dead in 2015

That thing had to have close to 300k miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The odometer broke too.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Master Bateman posted:

That thing had to have close to 300k miles.

Fair enough, then.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, but their transmissions were/are set up so loving poorly. They are the living embodiment of torque steer. Not to mention a 98 anything (that wasn;t made in a former Soviet Republic) shouldn't already be dead in 2015

My Sentra was running fine two years ago when I sold it to a college kid, and it was a '97. Then again it only had 75,000 miles on it.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

My Sentra was running fine two years ago when I sold it to a college kid, and it was a '97. Then again it only had 75,000 miles on it.

Sentras and Stanzas are seriously unkillable by normal wear and tear. They're the Toyota Hilux of the cars

The reason i got my Infiniti is because one of my brother's close friends is a repair center manager for Nissan and told me that he never sees the RWD G or M 37s come in for anything more serious than the electric motors on the windows getting really slow. But the AWD ones can have issues with the front passenger side trans-axle breaking on potholes and the motor mounts going to poo poo really fast.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Most expensive fix I had on the Sentra was replacing the airbag computer when it died randomly, that was $450 and the part was hard to find. Second most expensive was replacing the muffler and exhaust pipes twice, but that's just rust tax for living in the Northeast.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i really want to see what ford does with the new ranger

honestly the f-150 and poo poo are way too loving big for what id want to use it for, and when i was shopping around last year for used ones they were all insanely overpriced for the condition

also im kinda mad that barely anyone makes a manual truck anymore (all i can think of is the chevy colorado, but lol at buying gm anything)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
infiniti supremacy, gently caress fuel efficiency

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

new lincoln continental

suicide doors and everything

woof

edit: fake as hell. sorry

http://thenewswheel.com/psa-this-is-not-the-2016-lincoln-continental-you-turkey/

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 6, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new lincoln continental

suicide doors and everything

woof

Honest to God love that design choice so long as it isn't FWD.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The new aluminum f150 is going to be interesting.

Toyota will sell you a manual trans tacoma. Nissan will with the frontier. Dodge who cares. Stupid ford, killing the manual. Sometimes a man just has to grasp a stick and slam through the gears. The gently caress ever happened to tbat Mahindra truck that was supposed to be cheap as sand in the desert.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new lincoln continental

GROSS
I'm trying to eat my lunch here, thanks.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Why would you own one of those? :barf:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Why would you own one of those? :barf:

i was driving 100+ miles a day between work and school and it was basically the only small car that i could fit my 6'5" self into comfortably. I had a short shift 5-speed stickshift in it, i could park it everyfuckingwhere, and I could fold the backseats down flat to move poo poo.

i liked it a bunch and honestly miss it, but the only ones you can find these days are the lovely remodeled ones, and gently caress those.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Altimas have that lovely CVT transmission. It's nice and all but if it breaks it costs so much loving more than a normal transmission to fix, and it hasn't really been out long enough to judge how long it lasts with different types of use. It's the reason I didn't get an Altima.

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol
Best thing about being out for a year: when I fart, I get a pleasant rumble instead of a sad sigh of wind. That green weenie takes a while to work out.

Got the Jetta apart, wasn't too difficult unbolting poo poo. Now I just gotta wait until tomorrow for my parts to arrive. Amazon prime, I love you.

Feels good to accomplish something with my hands aside from invading the middle east.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Cole posted:

What the gently caress is a top-heavy capital T?

What it looked like before:

(I edited it to look like the original)

(I dont care)

(Im just here for the violence)

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you have time to go up to north shore, Giovanni's shrimp truck is always a great stop and so is ted's bakery.

As far as honolulu bars, it depends on your scene. Do you want a club or do you want a smoky bar? You're going to see military people everywhere anywhere you go. You're more likely to get into a fight with them than most locals unless you're being an exceptional jackass.

I want to bang stare awkwardly at hot late 20s/ early 30s tourist chicks.

E: the only remotely rude person I ran into last time I was there was a white dude with long hair that seemed to get legit upset when my friends were encouraging me to move there. He said "By all means have fun here, but just make sure you LEAVE". It was one of those things were you could tell he wasn't really kidding when he said it. I heard haoles are worse than natives about people moving there most of the time.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 7, 2015

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

(Im just here for the violence and booze)

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

(I dont care)

When did the Irish start being considered white :colbert:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bolow posted:

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Bolow posted:

sometime before we decided the italians were white.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

sometime before we decided the italians were white.

What do you mean decided?

vains
May 26, 2004

Dantu posted:

I think we can all agree they're whiter than the Greeks and anyone from the Balkans.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

I think we can all agree they're whiter than the Greeks and anyone from the Balkans.

light skinned black people are whiter than dark skinned black people

vains
May 26, 2004

Cole posted:

Neither are white, which is the issue at hand.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Neither are white, which is the issue at hand.

race is a social construct

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dantu posted:

Hey. :colbert:

... :negative:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Pot Card approved.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i really want to see what ford does with the new ranger

honestly the f-150 and poo poo are way too loving big for what id want to use it for, and when i was shopping around last year for used ones they were all insanely overpriced for the condition

also im kinda mad that barely anyone makes a manual truck anymore (all i can think of is the chevy colorado, but lol at buying gm anything)

Like Spongebob said Toyota still offers a manual Tacoma, although I'm sure they're not very common.

And then there's the manual FJ Cruiser for a comedy (SUV) option.

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

(I dont care)

"The t stands for 'time to leave!'"

Bolow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boO4RowROiw

lol I just remembered, Whip probated me when I (without reference) quoted the bit about niggers and chinks (without the video)

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I kid. I kid.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fun fact: I was actually once turned down from renting a place because the landlord "didn't want no sweaty dago fucks blaring their music and working on their cars" on his property

So I rented the place next door and did exactly that p. much all day and ruined his property value because that's about all I was planning on doing at 19 anyway.

vains
May 26, 2004

Cole posted:

race is a social construct

whoa man you're blowin my mind!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Professor Bling posted:

Fun fact: I was actually once turned down from renting a place because the landlord "didn't want no sweaty dago fucks blaring their music and working on their cars" on his property

So I rented the place next door and did exactly that p. much all day and ruined his property value because that's about all I was planning on doing at 19 anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZUJKXs6W-4

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
explains why i like fuckin' white women so much

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkrHYHqChlI

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LeoMarr posted:

Pot Card approved.

I think I need to start referring to myself as a Rickykin from now on. People just don't understand my need for booze, chicken fingers and getting rich quick selling dope I grew in my trailer.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Slim Pickens posted:

I think I need to start referring to myself as a Rickykin from now on. People just don't understand my need for booze, chicken fingers and getting rich quick selling dope I grew in my trailer.

And smoking the finest dope and drinking the finest ales
in Jail?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cole posted:

Even if they're white as paper, 1/16 black = black. Come on guys, there were rules about this poo poo once, look them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Even if they're white as paper, 1/16 black = black. Come on guys, there were rules about this poo poo once, look them up.

Slightly racist undertone

• Locked thread