Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A game for 15 players

You know what's important here? People. Which people? The people. You are those people. No longer will a few people hold power over the rest of us! From now on, power will be distributed among the many. We will be equal at last!

Of course, not everybody is fond of this turn of events. Specifically, a small group of people that used to rule over you are opposed to it and they're hidden in your midst. If only we didn't dismantle identity as a useless construct that only serves to divide us, we'd be able to pick them out pretty easily. As it is, we have to publicly execute people until we're safe.

We know we're all equal, so we need a fair and equal way to resolve this problem. What's is the truest form of equality? A rigid bureaucracy of course! We've designed the perfect system to eliminate our enemies while maintaining our personal autonomy, anonymity and agency. Buckle up and listen:

Days are 48 hours for weekdays, 72 if there's a weekend. There are no nights. All actions must be in before the deadline. Vote in thread for who you want to be publicly executed.

In addition to the execution, we have special powers to help us. To make everything fair, each power is controlled by a vote. There will be three voting rooms, one for each power. To access a voting room, you must have the relevant ballot. Every day you will be told what ballots you have and which voting rooms you can enter. There are 5 ballots for each power. Voters can anonymously chat with other voters in the voting rooms, but the votes themselves are cast in secret. One of the ballot holders is randomly selected to perform the action, they will be told the target of the action and the result of the action. If there is a tie for the target of the action, the option that received all its votes first will be selected.

In addition to voting for who the power is used on, you must also select another player to whom you will give your ballot. The person cannot be you. Scum players cannot pass ballots to other scum players. If the player you passed your ballot to dies, your ballot will be given to a randomly selected player who is not dead and is not you.

For all other parts of the game, standard rules apply.

Here is the VT PM:

quote:

You are Vanilla Town. You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Players:
  1. Byers2142
  2. Epsilon Plus
  3. Ernie.
  4. Fast Luck
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. HiipFire
  7. jon joe
  8. King Burgundy
  9. Little Mac
  10. Meinberg
  11. Murmur Twin
  12. Pinterest Mom
  13. Poison Mushroom
  14. Somberbrero
  15. wall monitor

Jump King fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
sounds hosed

I'm in

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
This. This is the mafia democracy Ecco dreams of at night. We will make it so!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ok

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
L

edit: Haha I was reading this thread on my phone and then had to do work so I put my phone away and apparently did the butt-dial equivalent of signing up.

Murmur Twin fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 4, 2015

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

This is a democracy, people! Based on our Grecian roots, we need to be expansive and expressive with our words, to hunt down, pin down, and claim as our own the very essence of truth.

I expect eloquence, not just "L".

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(I was going to sign up regardless in case that wasn't clear)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I suppose "L" is more rhetoric than I would expect from an rear end, I will let it pass.

This time.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I suppose "L" is more rhetoric than I would expect from an rear end, I will let it pass.

This time.

I'm just a lass
(with an "L" and an rear end)
Thank you to Byers
For letting it pass

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will do this thing.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Somebody invite Ecco to this

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

Somebody invite Ecco to this

I'll PM soru to invite her over.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes sure I will be the eloquent one

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

This concept intrigues and frightens me! I'm in.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I like experiments.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sure~

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Don't feel obligated

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the only obligation I hold is to Angra Mainyu

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Let's play the game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hey fluck~

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Promised I'd play.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Howdy, ya'll.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
okey.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

sure

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Apologies to the people I invited at basically the same time this game filled up. I'd like to start this game today, we'll see.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Apologies to the people I invited at basically the same time this game filled up. I'd like to start this game today, we'll see.

i can drop out if you want someone specific in the game!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nah, I invite people because I want to fill up my game, not because I don't want plebs joining.

Besides Ernie, you're good at mafia and there's nobody on the roster I would want to kick.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

I didnt get an invite

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Besides Ernie, you're good at mafia and there's nobody on the roster I would want to kick.

Are you sure though?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Okay! I am ready to commit election fraud not commit election fraud!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Alright guys, when I get home I'll send my doc to Ecco and I'll start as soon as possible after that.

Special Rules

Hiipfire and Epsilon Plus, I want you guys to try to post like 15 or 20 times for each game day. Actually with each vote finder update I'll announce which of you has more posts. I hope your natural sense of competition will encourage you.

Anyway, this has no mechanical effect on the game and I won't be enforcing a minimum post count.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
hey im posting actively in secret invasion

i have the 2nd highest post count out of all the people alive

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
but I do appreciate some friendly competition

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

HiipFire posted:

hey im posting actively in secret invasion

i have the 2nd highest post count out of all the people alive

confirmed that i am dead in secret invasion and hiipfire still has fewer posts than i

;)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Ernie. posted:

confirmed that i am dead in secret invasion and hiipfire still has fewer posts than i

;)

hey there's a reason why I said I was only counting people who are alive

the top 5 posters has 4 dead people in it lmao

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

HiipFire posted:

hey there's a reason why I said I was only counting people who are alive

the top 5 posters has 4 dead people* in it lmao

3 dead people. Byers and Trill are both in the top 5, but they're the same person.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pinterest Mom posted:

3 dead people. Byers and Trill are both in the top 5, but they're the same person.

way to make me look even worse

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

How am I still in the top 5, I had to replace out after D1?

Never mind, strike that, ongoing game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah let's cool it on talking about ongoing games

• Locked thread