Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

MildManeredManikin posted:

Alright guys, when I get home I'll send my doc to Ecco and I'll start as soon as possible after that.

Special Rules

Hiipfire and Epsilon Plus, I want you guys to try to post like 15 or 20 times for each game day. Actually with each vote finder update I'll announce which of you has more posts. I hope your natural sense of competition will encourage you.

Anyway, this has no mechanical effect on the game and I won't be enforcing a minimum post count.

This will be easy. I'm working under a self-imposed rule that I only participate in one game at a time to insure High Quality Posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Epsilon Plus posted:

This will be easy. I'm working under a self-imposed rule that I only participate in one game at a time to insure High Quality Posting.

DUDE STOP COPYING MY poo poo

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I did that for a year and found it really helped keep Mafia fun for me. :)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

HiipFire posted:

DUDE STOP COPYING MY poo poo

Singl-Post Technology copyright Epsilon Plus, protected under U.S. patent 420,690,666

See you in court, rear end in a top hat :smugdog:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Epsilon Plus posted:

Singl-Post Technology copyright Epsilon Plus, protected under U.S. patent 420,690,666

See you in court, rear end in a top hat :smugdog:

this mother fucker

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yes, I have this rule as well. I am currently in three games. I think I have a problem.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I'm trying this thing where I'm in 0 games at a time, which helps keep my posting theoretically perfect

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I try to limit myself but lack any sort of impulse control.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I'm only alive in one game right now, I'm very happy about that!

However, I'm signed up for three games.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

I'm trying this thing where I'm in 0 games

Meinberg posted:

However, I'm signed up for three games.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Role PMs out. Votefinder up soon. I'm still finishing the docs up so be patient.

The voting rooms are anonymous places and your pm should specify which column to post in.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
The Current Day 1 Votecount

Not Voting (15): Asiina, Byers2142, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., Fast Luck, Hal Incandenza, HiipFire, jon joe, Little Mac, Meinberg, Murmur Twin, Pinterest Mom, Somberbrero, Tremendous Taste, wall monitor

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 09th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Hiipfire and Epsilon Plus are currently tied with 0 posts.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
can i vote for myself, cause if so im voting for myself

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

plurality execution btw guys

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

HiipFire posted:

can i vote for myself, cause if so im voting for myself

You cannot send your ballots to yourself, but you can vote for a power to be used on yourself.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Oh! interesting. So the person who gets the most votes gets euphemized regardless of if they have majority or not?

What happens if there's a tie?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hell yes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Oh! interesting. So the person who gets the most votes gets euphemized regardless of if they have majority or not?

What happens if there's a tie?
Correct.

if the vote leaders are tied 5-5 the first target to reach 5 will be executed. Is that clear?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ok I'll be gone for the rest of the night, have fun.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hello i am confirming

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I am also confirmed.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
i voted for myself, and gave the ballot to something special, i hope you'll use it more wisely than me

also im gonna try to stay in the top 5 posters throughout this game, i hope you'll appreciate me posting alot

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Confirmed I need to read the op soon I guess

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

Confirmed I need to read the op soon I guess

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Coinfirmed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yo.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Actually question, what if there's a x-way tie for one of the roles? What happens then?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Actually question, what if there's a x-way tie for one of the roles? What happens then?

I'd guess it go to whatever result got to that number first, like how plurality works for the vote out.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming that i am vanilla town

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Confirming that I am a super high powered town role you would be SAD TO SEE GONE SO DON'T KILL ME, OKAY

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##vote epsilon plus

later, nerds

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'm town, and I have two powers available.

First, my ability to reason.

Second, my ability to vote.

I can even use both at once. Suck on that, action economy!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

A thought: should we publicly claim who we're passing ballots to? I can kind of envision scum getting their hands on the majority of ballots and then endlessly passing them around to themselves. Public ballot passing claims might keep that from happening.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

A thought: should we publicly claim who we're passing ballots to? I can kind of envision scum getting their hands on the majority of ballots and then endlessly passing them around to themselves. Public ballot passing claims might keep that from happening.

Scum can't pass to scum.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

Scum can't pass to scum.

Yes, you're right, this is in the rules and I forgot.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Yes, you're right, this is in the rules and I forgot.

##vote wall monitor

Or was it... a gambit!?!?!!!??!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

##vote wall monitor

Or was it... a gambit!?!?!!!??!

lol

Nah I actually did gloss over that part of the rules.

And on re-reading the rules... it's looking like there's no mod confirmation on what the three powers are?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

HiipFire posted:

i voted for myself, and gave the ballot to something special, i hope you'll use it more wisely than me

also im gonna try to stay in the top 5 posters throughout this game, i hope you'll appreciate me posting alot

This suggests at least one power is beneficial to the target?

I don't want to have us claim which group we're in but scum probably can figure this out pretty quickly since they've got 3/4(?) people probably scattered throughout the voting groups already, so I think it'd benefit town to figure it out

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

wall monitor posted:

lol

Nah I actually did gloss over that part of the rules.

And on re-reading the rules... it's looking like there's no mod confirmation on what the three powers are?
Yeah which is kind of surprising. I'm sure it will come out pretty quickly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Confirmed.

One person from each group should just bite the bullet and say what the powers are.

I'm in the roleblocker room.

• Locked thread