Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Meinberg posted:

Our win condition just needed one of us to live, so I would have won too.

Then it's double-funny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

The last 9 players... All known lurkers or poo poo-posters?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

No offence :3:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mills posted:

The last 9 players... All known lurkers or poo poo-posters?

Troll mills is unlikeable

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills, are you mad you lost or something?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would post our scum doc but apparently i can't access it anymore (???)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

There's no reason for this

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 7, 2015

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I love that everyone with a cop ability decided to use it on Mills N1.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I was obviously scum. I had to do stupid poo poo just to keep AT alive. Alas, my burden. I'm still hella surprised Somb was town though!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Well, I certainly said stupid poo poo

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 7, 2015

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Well, you certainly did stupid poo poo

"did"?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I got Somb lynched and AT saved for a day. It was all that was going to be possible with AT disappearing for 72 hours.

From a gaming perspective, I'm curious if you would have done anything different to appear more town (while ensuring you saved AT) if in my shoes.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I would have not saved AT.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would have been less transparent.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I would have been less transparent.

He was the vote leader for most of D1, wasn't he? I don't see how you could do anything differently and still have enough momentum to get the lynch elsewhere. You're going to need to be specific rather than wave your hands in the air. If Somb flipped scum it would have been killer too.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hal if you had been posting I would have shot Asiina instead

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I would have still copped you.

You could have been more compelling. You could have seemed more invested in the case on Somber by putting some emotion behind it. You could have pushed the "don't lynch a true newbie d1" line earlier. You could have had your vig shoot someone to distract. If protecting AT really was the main goal, there were better ways.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You could have been more compelling.

Can't counter you on this because it's hand waving.

You could have seemed more invested in the case on Somber by putting some emotion behind it.

I don't think you can seriously sit here and say I had no emotion. It was all over my posts. Are you trolling or did you really not read me that way? It's patently clear I genuinely believed Somb was scum. If you legitimately think this, I am really interested in re-reading what I posted.

You could have pushed the "don't lynch a true newbie d1" line earlier.

I have never supported this policy. It would have been a break of an 8 year meta to argue that. I thought some people would be aware of that.

You could have had your vig shoot someone to distract.

I assumed Chic would have given the other scum team a vig and I would have been outed for NK. I was correct.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm an rear end in a top hat

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

If you're going to troll, there's not much point in having this conversation. Please let me know. :shrug:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mills posted:

I don't think you can seriously sit here and say I had no emotion. It was all over my posts. Are you trolling or did you really not read me that way? It's patently clear I genuinely believed Somb was scum. If you legitimately think this, I am really interested in re-reading what I posted.

Your case was so bad I found it laughable anyone could believe it, but you pushing him felt cold, not heated like you would expect.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Man I sure feel like an idiot now that the game is over geez.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Your case was so bad I found it laughable anyone could believe it, but you pushing him felt cold, not heated like you would expect.

I think it was a great case but I will note how you view such cases for future games!

Did you think the arguments I pushed in The Breach were heated?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

No. I felt you were very reasonable in The Breach but disengaged. You engaged in this game. I spotted you as scum on d1.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You can't help trolling a little, can you? :angel:

OK. I'm going to find another game we were in where I was engaged but you considered me heated. I'll hassle you tomorrow. Rugby League is about to start!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Oh dear. Stop it friend.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Listen, Mills died at the beginning of the game. Town won at the end of the game. The rest is all details.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Little Mac posted:

Listen, Mills died at the beginning of the game. Town won at the end of the game. The rest is all details.

tbh i think lm just one upped you though d

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

ah gently caress i just checked vf quickly, we havent played another game that i can find in the last year

tbc another time, might take it to PMs, cheers

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I would have not saved AT.

mills wouldn't either, he was going to bus AT

but i went out of my way to defend AT because I am nice

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

What do I get for listening to you Ernie? Trolls! Remember this moment. :3:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Regardless of Mills stamping his feet, I had fun this game. Apologies to Met and Meinberg, both of whom I felt bad about lynching.

why didn't you listen to me RE: Capps

you knew there were two scum-teams, why not trust my scum-hunting ability to find the other team?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Mills posted:

What do I get for listening to you Ernie? Trolls! Remember this moment. :3:

uhh thank you i guess

next time you tell me we should bus our very new player scumbro on d1 of a game i will consider saying yes

promise

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

diqnol right now is the literal equivalent of me asking him if he prefers to gently caress horses or dogs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ernie. posted:

why didn't you listen to me RE: Capps

you knew there were two scum-teams, why not trust my scum-hunting ability to find the other team?

I copped him later, did I not?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ernie. posted:

uhh thank you i guess

next time you tell me we should bus our very new player scumbro on d1 of a game i will consider saying yes

promise

I will remember this. :colbert:

And besides, it's not like I didn't spend some significant time trying to coach him first. I tried. :3:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I copped him later, did I not?

fair

i really wanted to cut a deal w/ you in thread that if you left me alive the other scum-team will have to waste an nk on me, and i just wanted to rip them to shreds one by one

but i doubt the game would've let me pull it off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm literally an rear end in a top hat

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 7, 2015

• Locked thread