Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone was very happy that Eren can finally get hard.

This was a great number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Ofc they'd tease us with basement talk at the beginning of the chapter.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I'm impressed that Isayama can still bring out new Titan designs that evoke visceral horror. gently caress that thing. gently caress that bloating steaming belly-dragging hate-husk.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Squidster posted:

I'm impressed that Isayama can still bring out new Titan designs that evoke visceral horror. gently caress that thing. gently caress that bloating steaming belly-dragging hate-husk.

Yeah, loving scary thing. I guess we are having a boss fight on the next chapters

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
:lol: at Eren failing to coordinate.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The scariest thing this chapter was that Sasha wasn't hungry.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

JosephWongKS posted:

The scariest thing this chapter was that Sasha wasn't hungry.

This is obviously a sign of her imminent death.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hanji waving owned. The shot of the collapsed cave was amazing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
How Historia got her groove back.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I like that the manga is actually creepy again, it's been a while.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Anyone else a little disappointed we didn't get to see a new design for the rage titan? I don't mind that there was no punching, but was looking forward to seeing Eren armor up. Maybe next month.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Anyone else a little disappointed we didn't get to see a new design for the rage titan? I don't mind that there was no punching, but was looking forward to seeing Eren armor up. Maybe next month.

No, they aren't zoanoids.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Khagan posted:

Ofc they'd tease us with basement talk at the beginning of the chapter.

never heard of it before

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I like how the king got his powers by licking the serum off the floor and now he's just permenantly dragging his face on the ground, like he became a titan in that physical position and is like "ehhh guess i don't feel like standing up ever".

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
that drat basement

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The basement is going to be like the suitcase from Pulp Fiction. It'll be hinted at or referenced occasionally, but we will never see the contents.

Anyhew, chapter proper: Let's hope this Titan fight makes up for the big lack of them in recent chapters. Also, I'm predicting a Deus Ex (Kenny)Ackerman down the line, since we don't find out what happens to the Spec Ops people this chapter.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AradoBalanga posted:

The basement is going to be like the suitcase from Pulp Fiction. It'll be hinted at or referenced occasionally, but we will never see the contents.

Anyhew, chapter proper: Let's hope this Titan fight makes up for the big lack of them in recent chapters. Also, I'm predicting a Deus Ex (Kenny)Ackerman down the line, since we don't find out what happens to the Spec Ops people this chapter.

I bet Kenny totally stole one of those serums in all the chaos.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Red Suit posted:

I bet Kenny totally stole one of those serums in all the chaos.
That's one option. My only doubt on that option is that Kenny flew well away from Rod's transformation (in the direction of where the Spec Ops people were) while Rod's bag was near the heroes and Rod. And I doubt Levi would leave something like that unattended when he, of all people, knows Kenny the most.

Which leads to my next option: Kenny flying in at the last moment and pulling off crazy Devil May Cry-style gun combos to save everyone.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Behold, The Roast Chicken Titan!

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Sasha's death flag is at full mast. In the upcoming battle, she is going to find a herring can, pry it open, find it's empty, and lament the unfairness of her life while she is eaten.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

In It For The Tank posted:

Sasha's death flag is at full mast. In the upcoming battle, she is going to find a herring can, pry it open, find it's empty, and lament the unfairness of her life while she is eaten.

Nah, she'll be fine.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I didn't like how Isayama just skipped what happened between chapter 66-67 and instead give us a debrief of the event after the fact.

Also, given how hideously mid heavy Rod Reiss is at this point i doubt he'd be able to scale the wall seeing as he has clearly skipped leg day

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Khagan posted:

I didn't like how Isayama just skipped what happened between chapter 66-67 and instead give us a debrief of the event after the fact.

Also, given how hideously mid heavy Rod Reiss is at this point i doubt he'd be able to scale the wall seeing as he has clearly skipped leg day

I think they're a lot more worried about him going straight through the wall rather than over it.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Was Reiss lying that time he said he couldn't become a titan, or is this creepy disfigured titan form the reason he couldn't?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sub Harrison posted:

Was Reiss lying that time he said he couldn't become a titan, or is this creepy disfigured titan form the reason he couldn't?
I'm leaning to the former, but I also prefer to see it a different way.

Reiss has dropped hints that gaining the First King's power results in a big change in demeanor, due to presumably gaining past memories. As a result, the people who gain the power act differently and become more withdrawn/morally conflicted (this is only going by Rod's brother and especially Freida's attitudes post-Titan transformation, mind). Rod Reiss, as we've seen, is afraid of holding big responsibilities (such as the First King's power) and would rather have power without needing to work for it or get his hands dirty, which seems to be how he's in his current position of true king as well as how he relied a lot on Kenny Ackerman to be his personal muscle. This is also why he relies heavily on lies and manipulation to stay in power regardless of who he's lying to/manipulating, as we've seen with how he treated Historia throughout this arc. In short, Rod is a coward who prefers things gift-wrapped and handed to him by servants rather than say, taking the time to build it on his own with just his own two hands. So, think of his Titan form as Rod Reiss' first time of having to seize power while getting his hands dirty in the process. And well, it's not exactly going swimmingly, as we've seen by how Rod's basically crawling face down in the ground and is on a straight bulldozer-like path for Wall Sina.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hungry?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Ymir has the most bad rear end titan form. If youre going to stomp on people you may as well look like a Goya demon and not a dumbass out of a BodyWorlds exhibit.

Edit: or a rotisserie chicken wtf

EXTREME INSERTION fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 8, 2015

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Real version is out now:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?series_id=179&chapter_num=67

That's a pretty cool trick he learned.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Mar 9, 2015

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

afroserty posted:

This is obviously a sign of her imminent death.
Clearly she's building up an appetite.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011
Is it a good idea to try using the scream that close to the wall?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

yellowyams posted:

Is it a good idea to try using the scream that close to the wall?

They're much closer to Wall Sina than Wall Rose, aren't they? They should be far away enough from the regular titans.

yellowyams
Jan 15, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

They're much closer to Wall Sina than Wall Rose, aren't they? They should be far away enough from the regular titans.

I was more worried about the ones inside the walls.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I'm leaning to the former, but I also prefer to see it a different way.

Reiss has dropped hints that gaining the First King's power results in a big change in demeanor, due to presumably gaining past memories. As a result, the people who gain the power act differently and become more withdrawn/morally conflicted (this is only going by Rod's brother and especially Freida's attitudes post-Titan transformation, mind). Rod Reiss, as we've seen, is afraid of holding big responsibilities (such as the First King's power) and would rather have power without needing to work for it or get his hands dirty, which seems to be how he's in his current position of true king as well as how he relied a lot on Kenny Ackerman to be his personal muscle. This is also why he relies heavily on lies and manipulation to stay in power regardless of who he's lying to/manipulating, as we've seen with how he treated Historia throughout this arc. In short, Rod is a coward who prefers things gift-wrapped and handed to him by servants rather than say, taking the time to build it on his own with just his own two hands. So, think of his Titan form as Rod Reiss' first time of having to seize power while getting his hands dirty in the process. And well, it's not exactly going swimmingly, as we've seen by how Rod's basically crawling face down in the ground and is on a straight bulldozer-like path for Wall Sina.

even so, there's no way he was about to turn historia into turkey lurkey. There's gotta be something else that determines what your titan form is.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I want that fat titan to die

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Question, when Historia says "That time, when I became a Titan" [/s] what is she referring to? Have I missed something? [s]When her dad tried to inject her she broke the vial and kicked his rear end.

But then there was that thing in chapter 65, where it ended with a giant titansplosion, but in the beginning of the next chapter there were no titans.

I seem to be missing something?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Mar 9, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sub Harrison posted:

even so, there's no way he was about to turn historia into turkey lurkey. There's gotta be something else that determines what your titan form is.

Personality? Rod is a giant chicken.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Question, when Historia says "That time, when I became a Titan" what is she referring to? Have I missed something? When her dad tried to inject her she broke the vial and kicked his rear end.

But then there was that thing in chapter 65, where it ended with a giant titansplosion, but in the beginning of the next chapter there were no titans.

The ending of 65 was there to be a cliffhanger like "Oh no, Historia has become a Titan?!" but then the beginning of 66 shows us what REALLY happened.

Also, not sure what you're referring to with that first question? When did she say that?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I see Historia is still being awesome.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

my dad posted:

I see Historia is still being awesome.

gently caress yeah she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Terper posted:

The ending of 65 was there to be a cliffhanger like "Oh no, Historia has become a Titan?!" but then the beginning of 66 shows us what REALLY happened.

Also, not sure what you're referring to with that first question? When did she say that?

Nevermind, before the Crunchyroll translation was available the crappy fast translation said "that time, when I was a titan...i really was going to kill you." but the official translation says "when we were back there...I really did intend to become a titan and kill you".

I'm only mentioning this as a reminder that aside from it being intrinsically good to support the official release, the day-1 translations are truly poo poo and you're just cheating yourself by reading them to the exclusion of the official version.