Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I assumed it was the game's way of telling you that character had reached maximum rest bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Broose posted:

Well, that's a load off my shoulders.

Just as a bit of friendly advice for medal hunting – the only real way that I found to do a follow up as Barry in chapter 2 is to trick one of the spewing enemies into hitting a revenant and then do a follow up when it's down. Just shooting it or throwing bricks doesn't seem to work.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

I'm going to sound like an rear end for this, but I literally haven't played the campaign at all because of the framerate issues so that is my excuse--Do you get bonus parts/taunts/skill-points for Raid Mode by completing the campaign challenges like in Rev1?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

RoanHorse posted:

I'm going to sound like an rear end for this, but I literally haven't played the campaign at all because of the framerate issues so that is my excuse--Do you get bonus parts/taunts/skill-points for Raid Mode by completing the campaign challenges like in Rev1?

The two game modes seem to be completely separate.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...

Grey Fox posted:

Nope. Only episode one shows up as purchased; episode two shows a $5.99 price tag. I'm wondering if it's because I bought the in-game season pass at $20; that version isn't even an option on PSN, as far as I can tell.

I'm reinstalling the whole thing again to see if that does anything, but other folks haven't had much luck there, either.

edit: the in-game season pass gave me Hunk and nothing else. if I try to "redownload" episode two in those instances where the game realizes I purchased it, it just points me back at Hunk's add-on file and doesn't do anything

edit2: sony is apparently aware of the issue and hasn't commented further

Sweet! Someone else who made the poor decision of thinking they would buy the in-game $19.99 season pass instead of just throwing their $5.99 down the toilet and buying the $24.99 pass! Here's a chronicle of what I've been dealing with when it comes to that problem:

Patrick Klepek at Kotaku wrote an article about this as well and linked to my YouTube video in it: http://kotaku.com/something-is-wrong-with-resident-evil-revelation-2s-se-1689843368

YouTube video of what happens with my in-game store: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A99XH-COF1E

--------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

I purchased Episode One of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and then decided to purchase the Season Pass after enjoying it. I purchased the $19.99 Season Pass from the in-game store instead of the $24.99 season pass on the PSN store because I did not want to feel like I wasted the $5.99 on Episode One. Apparently I should have just eaten the $5.99 and bought the pass from the PSN store because the in-game season pass is currently BROKEN. Thanks Capcom and Sony!

After selecting "Download Again" it takes me to my add-on content but all I have there is HUNK for Raid Mode. I'd really like to play Episode 2 since I paid for it...

*UPDATE 1*

I just saw that Patrick Klepek has reported on this video in an article on Kotaku. Mr. Klepek is a phenomenal journalist and great reporter! I followed him during his Giant Bomb days and I'm looking forward to seeing what all he gets with his freedom at Kotaku.

ANYWAYS! Here's a small report on this situation. I just logged in today to see if anything was resolved and now the in-game store is telling me that I DON'T EVEN OWN THE SEASON PASS! This is quite a frustrating situation!

http://i.imgur.com/yf5ivUR.jpg

*UPDATE 2*

I took screenshots of what my debit card's purchase history and my PSN account purchase history looks like. I suppose now I just need to contact Sony!

http://imgur.com/a/FCBFt

People at the official Sony Community boards have a thread about this issue and a moderator named MercuryValentine commented on it:

http://community.us.playstation.com...t/false/page/22

MercuryValentine posted:

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you an update that this has been resolved for anyone buying the game in the future.

For those of you who already bought the game, we are looking into getting this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. We'll update this thread with more information once it becomes available.

Thanks for your understanding,

- MV

I tried contacting Sony's customer support chat agent but Mario couldn't help me at all:

Mario posted:

Bahahaha I tried contacting customer support but the employee couldn't help me at all.

[QUOTE=Mario]Mario: Hello, My name is Mario how may I assist you today?
You: Hi Mario! I'm currently having difficulties with Resident Evil: Revelations 2's in-game season pass.
You: Oh! I see "MercuryValentine" has just responded in the current thread for this issue in the Community Forum.
You: "Hi all, Just wanted to give you an update that this has been resolved for anyone buying the game in the future. For those of you who already bought the game, we are looking into getting this issue resolved for you as soon as possible. We'll update this thread with more information once it becomes available. Thanks for your understanding, - MV"
You: Do you know anything more about this issue or should I just wait and see what Sony ends up doing?
You: Basically: I purchased Episode One of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and then decided to purchase the Season Pass after enjoying it. I purchased the $19.99 Season Pass from the in-game store instead of the $24.99 season pass on the PSN store because I did not want to feel like I wasted the $5.99 on Episode One. Apparently I should have just eaten the $5.99 and bought the pass from the PSN store because the in-game season pass is currently BROKEN. Thanks Capcom and Sony! After selecting "Download Again" it takes me to my add-on content but all I have there is HUNK for Raid Mode. I'd really like to play Episode 2 since I paid for it... *UPDATE 1* I just saw that Patrick Klepek has reported on this video in an article on Kotaku. Mr. Klepek is a phenomenal journalist and great reporter! I followed him during his Giant Bomb days and I'm looking forward to seeing what all he gets with his freedom at Kotaku. ANYWAYS! Here's a small report on this situation. I just logged in today to see if anything was resolved and now the in-game store is telling me that I DON'T EVEN OWN THE SEASON PASS! This is quite a frustrating situation! http://i.imgur.com/yf5ivUR.jpg *UPDATE 2* I took screenshots of what my debit card's purchase history and my PSN account purchase history looks like. I suppose now I just need to contact Sony! http://imgur.com/a/FCBFt
You: http://youtu.be/A99XH-COF1E
You: I apologize for the wall-o-text
Mario: I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue. I understand how frustrating it can be.
Mario: However, I'd be happy to look into this for you today.
Mario: Although you have entered information about SEN account before this chat, could you please be so kind and provide me with the following information to confirm the *exact* account you need assistance with?

-First and Last Name.
-Sign-In ID (Email address).
-Online ID (Game tag or Nickname in the Network).
-Console related to this account. (Example: PS3 or PS4)
You: [MY NAME]
You: [MY E-MAIL]
You: FatalT1
You: PS4
You: Resident Evil: Revelations 2
Mario: Thank you [MY NAME]. One moment while I access your account please. And while I do this can you please tell me have you tried any kind of troubleshooting steps in order to fix this before?
Mario: Are you still there?
You: Let's see. I've deleted the game and redownloaded it. I've deleted only the add-ons and then redownloaded them. I've tried doing "Restore Licenses" and I've tried booting into safe mode and rebuilding the database. I've tried downloading the game and content from the webstore to the PS4.
You: Sorry, was typing.
You: At this point all I can think of to do is to just wait and not be able to play Episode Two. From reading others' reports on the official Sony Community forum, other users with this issue were offered refunds but then had the refunds cancelled the following day so I really don't want to be put in that position.
You: For example, if I was refunded the $19.99 I could then purchase the $24.99 season pass from the PSN store and everything would work perfectly. Well I guess now that the $19.99 season pass is allegedly fixed I could purchase it again but either way I do not want to take the risk of having the refund cancelled and then being screwed out of $24.99 or $19.99 depending on which one I went with.
You: I just purchased Helldivers and Zombie Army Trilogy yesterday so I'm perfectly content with playing those until this issue is resolved but I was just wondering if you knew anything new about it or whether this problem was getting more attention. Apparently the in-game season pass has had an issue with even the "Throwback Map Pack" ever since it was released last Tuesday.
Mario: Well answering your question we do not have any specific information about this, only basic troubleshooting to the console, which you already have tried, now in this case my best recommendation would be to contact the game developer which in this case it's Capcom:

650-350-6700 and also you can try this website https://www.capcom.com
Mario: They will give you more detailed information about this issue.
Mario: It has been a pleasure assisting you today. Please click on the following link to evaluate the assistance that you have been given today, we as PlayStation would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much!

https://support.us.playstation.com/ci/documents/detail/5/553/12/a28f9344caa3210c8529d6c36d68bd46b0a66e79
Mario: Is there anything else I can assist you with today [MY NAME]?
You: Alrighty, I can certainly try that. I know this issue is finally getting media attention with websites like Kotaku and Checkpoint Games but only Sony is taking flak, not Capcom so far. I'll certainly try that.
You: I think that about covers it.
You: I appreciate your help!

SO BASICALLY WE'RE SCREWED! I hope you haven't played too much Raid mode and you have something else to play!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Speedball posted:

The two game modes seem to be completely separate.

This is almost completely true. The one exception is that you can convert BP from campaign to raid gold. It's a one-way procedure, and I can't imagine anyone playing the campaign enough to by everything and then having BP left over.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 for the first time. Well, that's a lie-- I rented it once the year it came out but never ended up playing beyond 1-2 or whatever, so I don't count that. So far I've narrowly avoided being crushed by a boulder only to step in a bear trap, get blown up by dynamite, then have Leon stand back up into the same bear trap just to get blown up with dynamite again (this kills Leon). I also filled up half of my inventory with fish.

That's about it. I just wanted to share my very important fish progress in a game that came out ten years ago.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Jesus christ all of you complaining about framerate problems at least you can get the loving game to work.

Shoulda got it on xbone. :cool:

edit

FatalT posted:

SO BASICALLY WE'RE SCREWED! I hope you haven't played too much Raid mode and you have something else to play!

Uhhhhh, I think you might've been talking to a robot. :stare:

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Mar 7, 2015

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Ok, this game isn't really scary per se, but I find fighting Glasps to be tense.

"It's coming closer!" "No, shoot more to the left!" "Hurry!"

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Speedball posted:

Ok, this game isn't really scary per se, but I find fighting Glasps to be tense.

"It's coming closer!" "No, shoot more to the left!" "Hurry!"

It's been a while since a Resident Evil game made me feel any genuine dread, but I flinched every time my screen hinted that they were nearby.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I want to like this game, but I just can't handle this framerate garbage any more. While I'm struggling with single digit fps, enemies keep getting free shots in and sometimes even chain grabs until I die. I preordered this game based on capcom's history of decent pc ports, too.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Sir Tonk posted:

Shoulda got it on xbone. :cool:

I finally got the game to actually boot and load into the campaign and not run at a stupid resolution. Even though I experienced like four more crashes in the process.

and then the framerate is so bad the game is borderline unplayable anyway. No sir, there is no winning with this turd. 4/10 pc port not even loving trying

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kaubocks posted:

I'm playing through Resident Evil 4 for the first time. Well, that's a lie-- I rented it once the year it came out but never ended up playing beyond 1-2 or whatever, so I don't count that. So far I've narrowly avoided being crushed by a boulder only to step in a bear trap, get blown up by dynamite, then have Leon stand back up into the same bear trap just to get blown up with dynamite again (this kills Leon). I also filled up half of my inventory with fish.

That's about it. I just wanted to share my very important fish progress in a game that came out ten years ago.

Don't worry, that's pretty much what happens during everyone's first playthrough of RE4.

Advice : get the Red9, and don't forget there's a way to get the Broken Butterfly without having to pay for it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ah, RE4. The game so good it ruined the franchise.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Man, the second part of episode 2 is somewhere between good tension and loving frustrating. The invisible bug dudes are a great idea that aren't overused, but then I gotta deal with either stealth killing too many revenants or wasting bullets on them and that isn't fun in the least. Also I thought the boss of the first part of episode 2 was difficult....but then I fought the drill wielding balls maniac that is mutant Pedro and I died way, way too many times. Did anyone else have that much trouble with that boss or was it just me?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Niggurath posted:

Man, the second part of episode 2 is somewhere between good tension and loving frustrating. The invisible bug dudes are a great idea that aren't overused, but then I gotta deal with either stealth killing too many revenants or wasting bullets on them and that isn't fun in the least. Also I thought the boss of the first part of episode 2 was difficult....but then I fought the drill wielding balls maniac that is mutant Pedro and I died way, way too many times. Did anyone else have that much trouble with that boss or was it just me?

I had a lot of trouble my first playthrough because I wasn't sure if you were supposed to kill him or kite him into the drill wall, so I died a few times. I also had a lot of trouble getting the medal for shooting off his eyes because I'd end up killing him the normal way first.

If you're worried about Revenants, play as Natalia. They can't grab her, and their slashes shouldn't do too much damage. If you run through areas they'll rough up Barry, but I haven't had (AI-controlled) him die on me yet. Anywhere with a blue door or a metal shutter you can just skip right through without fighting them. Works great on places like the forest in chapter 1 or the big warehouse room in chapter 2. In keeping with tradition, sometimes standing your ground and fighting is actually the more dangerous option.

One of the things that I love about this series is the drastic contrast between your first playthrough and your replays. When you don't know what's coming, have no idea what you'll have to shoot and what you can avoid, it's tense as hell. After you've seen things before, it gets so much easier and less nerve-wracking.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
The animation when a Glasp catches you is pretty great.

About Barry's boss - make sure to open all the doors in the room so you have two ways to exit the boss room. Makes circling around it easier.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I had alot of trouble with the boss fight until I realized you can just switch to the girl and she can see which eye to shoot next instead of wasting all your ammo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
For the big ball and chain guy in Claire's route ep2, you can stand behind and knife him in the rear end, he'll turn around and try to counter once to dodge back and just keep getting behind him and knifing.

Killed him with no ammo used. :slick:

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
FIghting Barry's boss in coop is pretty great and tense. The game will highlight weak spots for Barry for a few seconds if the coop partner points for a while / accurately (not sure which) but otherwise you just have to shout at each other.

-THE LEFT ARM IT'S THE LEFT ARM, NO THE OTHER LEFT
- poo poo HE'S COMING ARGH *dies*

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Barry's Boss: Yeah, I wasted a lot of ammo trying to destroy his other eyes rather than going in order cause who'd think that these bright vulnerable areas had to be shot in order? I mean, after dumping a mag into one eye I kinda guessed as much, but switching to Natalia seemed like a deathwish because that guy was always right next to me swinging that drill. So I just started testing each eye. Of course he died by the time I just found the second. How the hell did the pilot get down to the ground floor and slump up against a car before being crisped?

Barry's Ending: They really want you to think the beast thing is Moira, don't they?

I enjoyed the second episode more than the first. I don't know how I'm going to stop them from breaking the windows though. Also, does anyone else on the PC have trouble with floaty mouse movement?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

... Huh, something just occured to me. Has anyone tried share play on the PS4 to allow for online co-op?

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Broose posted:

Also, does anyone else on the PC have trouble with floaty mouse movement?

That's a framerate issue. It manifests as one axis being 'unbound' relative to another (horizontal & vertical sensitivity desyncing because one is running on a different fps?) and general problems with sudden changes in framerate. If you've played Payday 2 on a suboptimal PC with variable framerate, it's basically that in a third person game... regardless of your frame cap...

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
I actually found it easy to kill Pedro as Claire since I had a gently caress load of shotgun ammo and machine pistol ammo and I just layed him out. Also if you kill him early as Claire, Barry's episode is like 20 minutes shorter.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Hey, I've been looking into some stupid line of inquiry from lovely transphobes and I was wondering if anyone has info on this.
Is Jessica Sherawat trans in the Japanese script of Rev1?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Where are you getting all this trans stuff from, dude.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
his fantasies

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Ah, RE4. The game so good it ruined the franchise.

Hell I'd say it was the game so good it dominated most over-the-shoulder shooters for decades.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
RE4 is a top five game ever made. Every time I play it I am blown away by how great it is.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

beergod posted:

RE4 is a top five game ever made. Every time I play it I am blown away by how great it is.

Super Bunnyhop lays it all out the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urpHwgOujcw

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Kind of sad it wasn't that USE YOUR SHOTGUN BITCH thing. Anyone know what I'm talking about? :v:

also nine years, gently caress.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RoanHorse posted:

Hey, I've been looking into some stupid line of inquiry from lovely transphobes and I was wondering if anyone has info on this.

What

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

RoanHorse posted:

lol, loving no, what

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I shot all the blue medallions and got a free handgun from the merchant. I am burning through a ton of restorative items because of how bad I am at this game (or at the very least you kinda go down to no health in two hits).

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Countdown Mode in Rev 2 is frustrating but also kind of really awesome once you get into it. You need to get very good, very fast. It helps that, I think, the enemies are programmed to have less health so they go down more easily and you don't waste a lot of time on bullet sponges.

Protip: do not bother with lockboxes in Countdown Mode. As far as I can tell it has no weapon customization to speak of and the lockboxes do not contain hourglasses, just gems worth BP.

Invisible Mode is kind of a whole different headache, sadly.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

I shot all the blue medallions and got a free handgun from the merchant. I am burning through a ton of restorative items because of how bad I am at this game (or at the very least you kinda go down to no health in two hits).

Situation is normal, please proceed to next part.

Speedball posted:

Countdown Mode in Rev 2 is frustrating but also kind of really awesome once you get into it. You need to get very good, very fast. It helps that, I think, the enemies are programmed to have less health so they go down more easily and you don't waste a lot of time on bullet sponges.

Protip: do not bother with lockboxes in Countdown Mode. As far as I can tell it has no weapon customization to speak of and the lockboxes do not contain hourglasses, just gems worth BP.

Invisible Mode is kind of a whole different headache, sadly.

Do you get any rewards for beating the countdown and invisible modes?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

poptart_fairy posted:

Kind of sad it wasn't that USE YOUR SHOTGUN BITCH thing. Anyone know what I'm talking about? :v:

also nine years, gently caress.

Yup.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Broose posted:

Do you get any rewards for beating the countdown and invisible modes?

I think it unlocks some more gallery stuff, and you get a large chunk of BP and a Trophy/Achivement. It's largely there just for the challenge, like how Survival difficulty is entirely optional.

Wouldn't recommend trying out countdown or invisible until you have significantly upgraded your characters on the skill tree. Being able to dodge better, use the knife and have your parter use their guns when you're not controlling them is critical.

There are also no collectibles in Countdown or Invisible Mode.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

RoanHorse posted:

Are you for real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

... Huh, something just occured to me. Has anyone tried share play on the PS4 to allow for online co-op?

I've been doing it since launch it works flawlessly