Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

i wanted to see if cpig's power could be used more than once

it's unlikely

##vote ernie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

explain your vote pls

what's scummy about trying to test whether cpig's ability can be used more than once (and the possibility that he might hold on to it to mylo or lylo if he were scum)

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

explain your vote pls

what's scummy about trying to test whether cpig's ability can be used more than once (and the possibility that he might hold on to it to mylo or lylo if he were scum)
Explain why you would need to know if he can do it more than once

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Magnus Gallant posted:

Explain why you would need to know if he can do it more than once

did you read the post i just wrote?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

and even if i didn't explain that, what exactly is scummy about finding out information about a turbo-ability? exactly, please.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapitalistPig posted:

Hi! You are welcome for hammering scum. It was one of the most thrilling moments in my mafia career.

Yeah, I really wish I had used this power when I had it in another game. Super exciting.

CapitalistPig posted:

It cant, I'm vt now.

In case it matters, when I had this power previously, I could use it twice during the game, but not consecutively. I'm sure different mods do things differently though.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

I'm going to look this up in a bit, but for the record, has there ever been a scum hammer power on an SA mafia game? Having one to fall on Somber is just enough to be plausibly busing, and I want to see if there is any precedent before we jump to CPig as having an essentially confirmed alignment.

Opopanax posted:

It doesn't matter if there were 100 or this was the first, don't confirm people based on role

I have a hard time imagining Cpig scum doing that to Somber scum as bussing. I know Cpig will do things for comedy, but that seems cruel. I'm pretty sure Cpig is town now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

There isn't a lot to glean from Somber's post history. His interactions with Chic don't seem like bussing to me, but I could maybe see his interaction with Rurea in that light. Similarly, Rurea's interactions with Somber seem to have a really light touch. I could see a Rurea/Somber scum team.

We didn't get a lot of content out of day 1, so there isn't much to go on yet, but this seems like a good start.

##vote Rurea

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

and even if i didn't explain that, what exactly is scummy about finding out information about a turbo-ability? exactly, please.

Because scum have to be afraid of the lynch unless they can swing it in their favor. Prying for details on it doesn't make sense as town, because it's not something they should be trying to game or steer.

Also, if it's a scum power, why blow it on Day 1 on a jokevote bandwagon against scum?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Also, if it's a scum power, why blow it on Day 1 on a jokevote bandwagon against scum?

Tons of town cred, theoretically.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Because scum have to be afraid of the lynch unless they can swing it in their favor. Prying for details on it doesn't make sense as town, because it's not something they should be trying to game or steer.

yes... as town i should feel super okay about someone being able to control the one ability i have (my vote) without question. anything i say about this topic is steering conversation in a bad direction, and is not me trying to figure out if i should be careful of placing my votes in the future or not.

and if it's a scum ability, i don't see why scum wouldn't use it on d1? but never mind that the ability could be a 3p one or something, let's just arbitrarily decide that talking about a turbo is scummy.

sigh

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

Tons of town cred, theoretically.

Possibly, but I wouldn't pursue anything to that effect at this point.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also i asked magnus the question because i think magnus is on his scum game here

he's not being his normal lax self and prompted me to answer a question first so that he could go 'lol look at this bad answer'

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

yes... as town i should feel super okay about someone being able to control the one ability i have (my vote) without question. anything i say about this topic is steering conversation in a bad direction, and is not me trying to figure out if i should be careful of placing my votes in the future or not.

and if it's a scum ability, i don't see why scum wouldn't use it on d1? but never mind that the ability could be a 3p one or something, let's just arbitrarily decide that talking about a turbo is scummy.

sigh

Climb down from your loving cross, nothing has happened to you yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

but never mind that the ability could be a 3p one or something

This is actually a fair point as well. I really can't imagine Cpig as scum, but that doesn't discount 3p.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

This is actually a fair point as well. I really can't imagine Cpig as scum, but that doesn't discount 3p.

It's a fair point that proves precisely nothing, and your agreement means even less.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Climb down from your loving cross, nothing has happened to you yet.

jesus loving christ you're daft

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It's a fair point that proves precisely nothing, and your agreement means even less.

Wow. Aggressive much? Thanks for your feedback now that you have decided to actually play the game after your whopping 1 post on D1.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Ernie. posted:

jesus loving christ you're daft

Please explain why your martyrdom complex is kicking in because people are scrutinizing your ideas. I don't see why you're going so defensive and hopeless this early-you don't even have a loving vote on you yet.

King Burgundy posted:

Wow. Aggressive much? Thanks for your feedback now that you have decided to actually play the game after your whopping 1 post on D1.

Hi. Have we met? I'm The Betrayer, and people get suspicious when I'm not aggressive.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Please explain why your martyrdom complex is kicking in because people are scrutinizing your ideas. I don't see why you're going so defensive and hopeless this early-you don't even have a loving vote on you yet.

He does

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

oh my godddd

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also no one scrutinized my ideas, people had a knee-jerk reaction to them

when i scrutinized yours your response was 'climb down your loving cross'

are you even a little self-aware?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Rurea posted:

He does

Whoops. Excuse me for ignoring ernie's precarious position.

I'll try to treat him with kid gloves because he's clearly a frightened child.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
When I saw what CPig did (and the result of it) I immediately thought, oh nice one CPig. Not oh my god CPig can control my vote? My agency is gone! The game is ruined!

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So thats a really interesting day/night cycle we just had. MCS, is there any particular reason why you phrased your question to CPig in a hypothetical where you're scum? Why not just ask him directly? Feel free to explain it to me like i'm a literal child because I'm genuinely curious what the motivation was there.

Apart from that I don't have a lot of questions yet, and I don't think throwing heaps of shade around is going to help us at this particular moment but there's been some very interesting claims on D2 so far that I'd like to talk about tomorrow. I'll be around but I don't really want to step in any poo poo because I really wanna survive today just to get some answers

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
sorry that was ernie, i'm getting my people mixed up

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Like most of your reasoning is sound and I think i'm in agreement with you, i'm just really curious as to why you phrased it in that particular way

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MC Eating Disorder posted:

sorry that was ernie, i'm getting my people mixed up

I have a history with cpig where we troll each other as scum/town. I wanted to see if he'll gently caress around with me or get playful if I put myself in a weaker position.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yeah that felt to me like joking around. I'm more concerned about the people who are lurking. I know I haven't posted much and people may be suspicious of me too.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ernie. posted:

I have a history with cpig where we troll each other as scum/town. I wanted to see if he'll gently caress around with me or get playful if I put myself in a weaker position.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yeah that felt to me like joking around. I'm more concerned about the people who are lurking. I know I haven't posted much and people may be suspicious of me too.

Fair enough, I'm not really familiar with any of the posters here so I guess I should probably read through a bunch of old mafia games to see how you all play town/scum but its a lot of effort.

I dont really think lurking D1 is particularly suspicious because it always seems like a clusterfuck, but I think we're at a really interesting place right now and i'd be genuinely surprised if anyone was still lurking by the time we're 24 hours or so into D2

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It's also the weekend so postings gonna be down for the next couple days compared to what it might normally be, or at least that's how it normally goes.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Yo chic is legit scummy this game

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

All of you are legit scummy this game

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Rurea posted:

All of you are legit scummy this game

Reread chics history and they're most recent post.

##vote chic trombone

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
Is Ernie attempting some sort of bizarre jesterbluff and/or is this me-on-a-bad-day level play? I am admittedly a bit dazed and confused.

I'm thinking the Burgundy/Rurea dynamic is slipping under our attention; one of the two is probably scum, with the very methodical posts by KB and the single "he does" by Rurea.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

##vote Rurea

Also, the following will be relevant in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBIa0o36pPo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcr6y3HDKWE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xweiQukBM_k

MiltonSlavemasta
Feb 12, 2009

And the cats in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man on the moon
"When you coming home, dad?"
"I don't know when
We'll get together then son you know we'll have a good time then."
##vote Rurea

I kinda buy King Burgundy's argument about a Rurea/Somber scum team. But Ernie is giving me weird vibes too.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Rurea posted:

I think I got roleblocked :(

Would scum post this? I'm still a newbie so maybe but idk.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Would scum post this? I'm still a newbie so maybe but idk.

It's a pretty nebulous claim. I've done it as scum and town before.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

##vote Rurea

I kinda buy King Burgundy's argument about a Rurea/Somber scum team. But Ernie is giving me weird vibes too.
Yo this post and this vote stink. What is king burgundys argument? That because I voted somber it must be me bussing him?
This guy and kb and Cardinal x are poops and should be voted out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone do the legwork for me but I'm pretty sure Ernie is the type to joke claim scum when he is in fact scum

• Locked thread