Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's kinda funny how creating multiple brands in my ECW game has forced me to actually think of how to use them. I have Shaggy 2 Dope going around trying to find a replacement for Violent J as his tag partner, Edge gearing for a tilt at the Television title, Charlie Haas being turned into a submission machine and setting up my Anarchy Rules ME of Vader & Bam Bam vs Taz & Sabu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Good news for the 2 people still playing Supercard! It sounds like sandbagging may be going away!

http://i.gyazo.com/6fa81e6a41b12034d6798f398e023938.png

Not sure what this means for my strategy of purposely losing KOTRs in order to get fodder for the fusion chamber.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I'll believe it when I see it. I've been trained by other lovely f2p mobile games to expect the developers to be liars and/or idiots.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Took me until now to realise the theme of this PCC was 'teams that turned on one another'

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Happitoo posted:

Good news for the 2 people still playing Supercard! It sounds like sandbagging may be going away!

http://i.gyazo.com/6fa81e6a41b12034d6798f398e023938.png

Not sure what this means for my strategy of purposely losing KOTRs in order to get fodder for the fusion chamber.

Probably just going to rank you based on the cards you have in your deck, not the particular cards you've chosen for that mode. Why that wasn't a thing from the get-go I'll never know.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Is there anything else like Supercard that's good? (Well maybe not good but worth the timesink)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Is there anything else like Supercard that's good? (Well maybe not good but worth the timesink)

There's the nba game that it's an exact copy of.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

Hearthstone is free to play actually a good game, so maybe check that out.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Wait so you don't like the trappings and are primarily interested in the mechanics of Supercard?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fumaofthelake posted:

Wait so you don't like the trappings and are primarily interested in the mechanics of Supercard?

I think he just wants a mobile game that's like Pokemon.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Toshimo posted:

I think he just wants a mobile game that's like Pokemon.

Now that I think about it...yeah, that's what i want. :shobon:

Guess I might as well pick up one of the new pokemon games. I do have Y but I didn't get far in it.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Thanks to the fusion chamber I'm finally at a point with Supercard where I can regularly win +5 matches.

Of course I can't place anywhere in the top 5000 since I'm not paying money on this dumb game, but at least I'm close!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BigRed0427 posted:

Now that I think about it...yeah, that's what i want. :shobon:

Guess I might as well pick up one of the new pokemon games. I do have Y but I didn't get far in it.

I'd finish Y before you pick up the new Ruby/Sapphire since it's (IMO) a more modern and better game, even with the improvements added back into R/S

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
The NXT character DLC for 2K15 comes out on Tuesday so get ready for NXT stars Emma, Adam Rose, The Ascension, and JBL!!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I kind of want NXT cards for Supercard but I guess they'd all have low stats because developmental.

At least give me Regal, come on.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Good news SuperCard players. In 18 hours we're getting a new tier. Wrestlemania! At least according to the countdown on my phone when you look in the card store.

Not sure how that's going to work with RTG. If they'll drop all the points needed for each level, or just change the first level to uncommon. Or keep RTG cards as survivior and Wrestlemania cards as something else. Whatever it is this next update should be interesting. Not sure if it'll finally kill the game for me though. I'm at the point where I play RTG and that's about it. I lose KOTRs on purpose to gain fusion fodder, and the only time I reason I play any exhibition/PCC at all is to get my RTG cards powered up. I'll be interested to see how this goes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Looking forward to Summerslam tier in August.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The constant adding of new tiers in Supercard is hilarious. How can anyone spend money on this game when they've clearly shown that all cards will be out of date within a couple months or sooner?

And "Legend" being a fairly middling tier now is great.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

triplexpac posted:

The constant adding of new tiers in Supercard is hilarious. How can anyone spend money on this game when they've clearly shown that all cards will be out of date within a couple months or sooner?

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Swagger Dagger posted:

Looking forward to Summerslam tier in August.

But you can't have SummerSlam tier out-rank Wrestlemania tier. Wrestlemania is the biggest of them all!! You'll need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new name for the next tier. Like Wrestlemania 2.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Happitoo posted:

But you can't have SummerSlam tier out-rank Wrestlemania tier. Wrestlemania is the biggest of them all!! You'll need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new name for the next tier. Like Wrestlemania 2.
Aren't the blue Survivor cards essentially a separate tier from the red cards? Maybe they can artificially add more tiers that way and we can make our way through the Wrestlemania rainbow.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Happitoo posted:

Good news SuperCard players. In 18 hours we're getting a new tier. Wrestlemania! At least according to the countdown on my phone when you look in the card store.

Not sure how that's going to work with RTG. If they'll drop all the points needed for each level, or just change the first level to uncommon. Or keep RTG cards as survivior and Wrestlemania cards as something else. Whatever it is this next update should be interesting. Not sure if it'll finally kill the game for me though. I'm at the point where I play RTG and that's about it. I lose KOTRs on purpose to gain fusion fodder, and the only time I reason I play any exhibition/PCC at all is to get my RTG cards powered up. I'll be interested to see how this goes.

GAAHHH. I *finally* got my first pair of Survivors a couple of days ago, too.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it's seemed to change back to "legendary to survivor" on the store. you would think that they'd hold off a bit since the fusion cards just came out but then I remember how F2P game development works

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

stop playing the game dummies

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

epitasis posted:

Never!!!

I just got a pair of Suvivor AJs, do you want me to just throw all this progress away?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

throw your phone away imo

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

I enjoy playing the game because I am a weak minded moron forever addicted to collecting things and big numbers

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

open the calculator app and type some big numbers in

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

epitasis posted:

open the calculator app and type some big numbers in

the numbers aren't next to a nice picture of Daniel Bryan so it doesn't count

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

Bard Maddox posted:

it's seemed to change back to "legendary to survivor" on the store. you would think that they'd hold off a bit since the fusion cards just came out but then I remember how F2P game development works

They may hold off a bit longer releasing it, who knows. Survivior came out back in October/November I think though so they have to be fairly close to releasing a new tier. And it makes sense with Wrestlemania right around the corner. And they've made as much as they're going to off the idiots paying $300+ for fusion cards. Might as well start milking the new hotness now. Otherwise those idiots will find other things to drop hundreds of dollars on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

triplexpac posted:

How can anyone spend money on this game when they've clearly shown it's completely loving awful?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Endless Mike posted:

How can anyone spend money on this game when they've clearly shown it's completely loving awful?

Seriously. I stopped playing the game after about the first day when I realized it was a random number generator to collect digital playing cards.

I could make an argument about it not being complete trash if you actually played against other people though.

Anyways... WWE 2K15 DLC drops tomorrow. Adam Rose,Konnor, Viktor, Emma, and JBL are all playable

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I think 2k15 is the record WWE game where I got bored of it in x amount of time. aka not even a month. I dusted off my HCTP copy and it's amazing how gamey it actually is, and shows you how realism sometimes isn't always needed in a vidya game. Jumping to 2k15 is like switching from watching Xtreme SPORTZ to Golf. It looks nice though!

edit: actually, 2k15 does have a favourite feature of mine. Create a wrestlers with inappropriate face textures. If you've seen the Road Dogg download, you'll know what I mean. poo poo eating grin!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

the numbers aren't next to a nice picture of Daniel Bryan so it doesn't count

This is the web version, so that'll be 99.99. Mobile version launching next year or never.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

They (we) have legitimate mental disorders.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

A new tier to me doesn't really feel like it's making GBS threads on existing cards, it's basically endgame content akin to raising the level cap on an MMO.

Of course if I'd spent a load of money on Fusion cards (they helpfully made doing so so cost ineffective I doubt anyone seriously considered doing this outside of the 1-2 crazies who have to be 'first') assuming they'd be the best forever maybe I'd feel differently, but the whole point of the game is using your good cards to earn better ones so for the people who reached the point of having a dozen maxed out pro survivors it's something for them to do, and pushes them out of survivor tier so people without have an easier time in KOTR

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Fumaofthelake posted:

They (we) have legitimate mental disorders.

also this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Stop talking about your bad card games and talk more about bad phone fighting games.

I'm getting close to unlocking my Evolved Daniel Bryan and I still haven't gotten a Cena from gold packs, gently caress this poo poo.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Mar 9, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I find it hard to find a reason to go back to Immortals. I guess I could grind to get gold packs and unlock all the gold characters, but it's unnecessary. I was able to basically squash all the AI to get the Daniel unlock, it was pretty easy with my current setup.

At least Supercard keeps me on the treadmill to try and get better cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I'm the opposite, I stopped playing Supercard ever since downloading Immortals. Now I'm getting tired of Immortals. I think the curse might finally be broken!