Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

MonsieurChoc posted:

FUckl Wendolo yuou goddman shitl.lm,

You DID get everyone SP Regen and upgraded all the combo attacks, right?

Brunom1 posted:

He says how the world he was previously in was reborn by the singing voice of a mechanical god but even that world was unable to escape the Apocalypsis; so, in the end, the MX world was gone and, in its place, the Alpha world was born.

Does this and Euzeth's thing in 2ndOG relate to what Shu was talking about with the Alpha world being wrong in stage 9 of Alpha Gaiden? It sounded like he knew about the Classic timeline or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Wasn't Euzeth's thing that he knew/orchestrated everything about every single SRW game and they were all canon alternate dimensions to the OG timeline?

Edit: oh and that every playthrough anyone has ever done is also a canon alternate dimension? Euzeth owns.

Also Wendolo is a poo poo of the highest order.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 6, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MarsDragon posted:

You DID get everyone SP Regen and upgraded all the combo attacks, right?

I got SP Regen on like 90% on my crew, and upgraded Rampage Ghost to the Max and Twin Bird Strike and Ratsel turning into a Horse a fair amount as well. It's having 6 bosses in a row in the same stage I did not expect. I should not have sold all my E Tanks and Cartridges for more upgrade money.

I'm in the penultimate stage now, with all the Battle Masteries so I'm all set. Just a slow slog of mooks with 100K+ hp and then Alfimi, while conserving ammo and SP, to trigger the boss. :sigh:

Edit: I put Viletta in the Ashsaber because Lamia was made for the Angelg. She's a goddamn beast.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 6, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Do you have Wild Wurger L?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Do you have Wild Wurger L?

No, I missed the last flag and then I saved before remembering.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Wait, did you not upgrade the HTB Cannon? Please tell me you upgraded the HTB Cannon.

And for that stage, don't bother with the boss mooks. Rouse yourself up (I think Radha has it, so if all else fails she can do your entire team on her own), priority on the combo attackers, then gun straight for Alfimi. Ignore everything else unless someone with really good will gains (so...Latooni or Leona) really needs an extra four Will on the way. There is no point to fighting any of those bosses.

Secret stage doesn't have any will problems, at least.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Just pound on the mooks enough for Will.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
wait there is actually a thing in SRW where all the universes are linked or something and that's not just someone's fanfic

Also what enigmatic thing does Kaworu say in L, or does he not show up there, because that's kind of a neat thing of him and I hope we can shake some answers out of him

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

wait there is actually a thing in SRW where all the universes are linked or something and that's not just someone's fanfic

Also what enigmatic thing does Kaworu say in L, or does he not show up there, because that's kind of a neat thing of him and I hope we can shake some answers out of him

Yes, many SRWs have direct or indirect references to other games. Even Z (which is explicitly about repeating universes) has NotCybuster running around.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Gyra_Solune posted:

It is someone's fanfic. Takanobu Terada's fanfic.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Kaworu is like Gilliam in that he remembers all the SRWs that he's been in. Which makes him being his actual gimmick in the Eva movies that much funnier.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kaworu's just a weird dude who fully aware of the fanbase and loves messing with them. It's why I love the doofus.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Choc's run into my problem with OG2's end game. It's not that it's hard. It's just mind numbingly tedious.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Gyra_Solune posted:

It's a plot point in OGS2nd that the final boss remembers the precious games he was beaten in.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Onmi posted:

Choc's run into my problem with OG2's end game. It's not that it's hard. It's just mind numbingly tedious.

Yeah. Still, managed to do it! Maybe I'm just not very good at these games, it's only the second one I managed to complete (the other one being Z2-1). I've got games at various points on other games in the series, and I was at the end of Z3-1 when I decided to restart on a Japanese account so I could get Rengoku-Hen.

Anyway, the ending was alright. The Einst really weren't interesting, especially compared to The Inspectors or the Mirror Universe team (cue video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfbsZRbwbJ4), which didn't help make the last two stages any more compelling. I'll miss you Axel, the Man with the Awesome Theme Song. Lots of unresolved and unexplained stuff, probably setting up for further sequels.

I don't particularly feel like doing a NEw Game + at the moment. So, I guess OG Gaiden is the next one?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OGG is next with the understanding that OGs2 (if you were playing OG2GBA) did some minor retconning which will come up in the plot. The most significant of which is the inclusion of the SRWR protagonists who join in that version, as well as the survival of Lee and some significant alterations to Axel's characterization.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

OGG is next with the understanding that OGs2 (if you were playing OG2GBA) did some minor retconning which will come up in the plot. The most significant of which is the inclusion of the SRWR protagonists who join in that version, as well as the survival of Lee and some significant alterations to Axel's characterization.

I'm following the OGs Let's Play: I'll see the differences as they come up there, I guess. I don't feel like playing the game all over again yet just to see minor story differences.

Yet.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Thinking about OGs, it still feels so crazy that we don't have the SRW W originals and Cobray to tie up the whole multiverse/record stuff. I guess that's next though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Thinking about OGs, it still feels so crazy that we don't have the SRW W originals and Cobray to tie up the whole multiverse/record stuff. I guess that's next though.

They appear to be implying that Cobray isn't a dimensional constant but rather only one Cobray exists and so they're saving him for the appropriate time.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ahhhhhh holy poo poo this Broken has hostages stage.

I forgot how incredibly annoying it is, having to turn of counter attack all the time.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Lostconfused posted:

Ahhhhhh holy poo poo this Broken has hostages stage.

I forgot how incredibly annoying it is, having to turn of counter attack all the time.

You can do it with a single button press or make it default to defense on the menu.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Onmi posted:

Yeah, OG2 is in some ways better designed than OG1, except that the endgame is complete bullshit even if you do the 'SP Regen on EVERYONE (no seriously, everyone), all your money into combo attacks, set up the SRX for maximum HTB Spam' stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing how it changes now there are finishers that actually pierce barriers, even if that still won't fix the fundamental problem in the last four stages or so. The bosses all have way too much HP and far too many of them have Large HP Regen, and yeah, the Einst are just really loving boring as antagonists. They're just kind of generically cryptic and mysterious when the Inspectors are supposed to be doing something sensible and got seriously sidetracked because they're all dicks and the Shadow Mirror are just trying to create inter-dimensional Outer Heaven. I sort of get why the Einst are supposed to be the biggest threat, but I really would've rather had Vindel be the final boss.

Rascyc posted:

Cobray is very likely to show up in OG3. I don't know about W. On one hand, it fits in so well with Alpha 3 it would be insane to not use it, on the other, we've still got J to go through. We could end up with OG3-1 and 2, but that would be terrible and I really hope they don't.

If I was in charge I'd introduce the W originals, do their first half with J, then after the Fury go down Hazel and the Database show up to wreck everything. That way the heroes can go into deep space without having to worry about taking care of anything else on Earth, which avoids the Alpha 3 problem of "okay, the entire galaxy is in danger and Balmar just got destroyed, let's go home and pretend the SEED villains are an actual threat before going back into space to clean up the Buff Clan and STMC". (even if yeah, the Fury are way more threatening than Blue Cosmos ever were)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ShiunTouya posted:

You can do it with a single button press or make it default to defense on the menu.

Hmmmm I only see an option for support defense setting and shoulder buttons only work for the primary unit in the pair.

Anywhoo the hiking route is kinda less interesting since you miss out "Celestial Being The Movie"! For whatever it's worth, that and I also enjoyed "Hahaha I can magic up my robot out of thin air assholes!" from Hibiki.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I would be okay if the SRW J originals were simply forgotten

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Rascyc posted:

i would say "let's forget the srw L and UX originals" but i already forgot them

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

J originals would be amusing just for having updated sprites for the world's most overdesigned super robot.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rascyc posted:

They already hinted at J in Dark Prison sorry.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Lostconfused posted:

Hmmmm I only see an option for support defense setting and shoulder buttons only work for the primary unit in the pair.

On Vita at least, the right stick toggles the secondary unit's option. Not sure about PS3.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Keep the units, toss out the pilots. Just have them find the mechs on the moon or something and give them out to some of the pilots who still don't have their own super custom mech.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Infinity Gaia posted:

Keep the units, toss out the pilots. Just have them find the mechs on the moon or something and give them out to some of the pilots who still don't have their own super custom mech.
Give them to the R originals since they seem so insistent on keeping their godmachines locked up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Fereydun posted:

i would say "let's forget the srw L and UX originals" but i already forgot them

The OG games need the L original because it is a straight up 100% pure super robot and they don't have enough of those.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rascyc posted:

the female MC had two moods, exasperated and pissed, and it was amazing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Anyone who advocates ignoring Calvina should feel bad about their opinion.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

She has her own arc and everything. Even if it's a cliché spurned love plot it's still better than anything Banpresto churned out in recent years.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I want Calvina in OG. Touya can join Giado & Garnet in the background for all I care.

Rascyc posted:

Give them to the R originals since they seem so insistent on keeping their godmachines locked up.

That would need them to stop actively making GBS threads on the R cast. Didn't they have to be told to even INCLUDE them in their support bot in OGs2nd in the first place?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Man they're both 2 note characters, Touya is rear end in a top hat Shinji and Calvina is just... um... well she's Sleigh Ver. OG2 except angrier. And when she's not angry she's angsty. So really they're both rear end in a top hat Shinji Ikari. Except they both grow out of it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Wat?

Edit: Unless that fan translation of J is incredibly wrong, ah that's not really accurate to the way the characters are portrayed.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 8, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, unless Calvina does a complete 180 midway through, she's more of a melancholic character than angry. The one time she got angry (from the stages I played), it was both completely udnerstandable and a pretty cool scene.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

She gets angrier in the second half of the games but she's never really angry as a rule. The Moon Knights really piss her off, and fair play to her, they kind of deserve it.

And she gets justifiably mad at her moon boyfriend for not telling her anything and trying to play Tortured Hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Touya's generic mecha teen, but I actually kinda liked Calvina's arc and the girls were moderately entertaining. Also her music kicked rear end.

• Locked thread