Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Stark Tower

Harold Krell sits in the living room reading a magazine. He begins to hear voices whispering his name and, all at once, begins to fear for his life. When those who were calling his name enter the room, he is simply... not there.[/i]

The Day has ended in a No Lynch. It is now Night 6. Please submit actions ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

The Daily Bugle

"So what've you found?" Jameson asks, rubbing his cigar into an ashtray. Urich merely slumps into his chair, holding close to his chest a folder full of photos and clippings.

"Nothing good," Urich sighs. "Just more dead. More evidence that someone out there is fighting a losing battle and that, come the end of this we're not gonna be in charge of our own planet anymore." There's a cold silence between the two. Jameson sighs.

"You heard from your contacts?" he asks.

"Just some low-level masks who wanted to leave anonymous tips. Nothing big."

"What about Murdock?"

"Haven't seen him in weeks. Jonah, Wolverine died last night." Jameson buries his face in his hands.

"The mutant?" he grunts. "Thought that was his whole power, that he couldn't die."

"Murdered in the streets of Manhattan. No one saw the killer. One of the most prolific superheroes gets murdered in the streets and no one sees a thing." They pause again.

"I think we oughta publish what we got," Jameson sighs. "It might be our very last edition."[/i]

Allen Wren aka Wolverine (Earth-Aligned) has died Night 6. It is now Day 7. With 7 alive it's 4 to plorp. Deadline is still Monday.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 7

Not Voting (7): Asiina, CapitalistPig, Glockenapfel, Harold Krell, HiipFire, Pinterest Mom, Rarity

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 09th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Little Mac posted:

The Day has ended in a No Lynch. It is now Night 6. Please submit actions ASAP.

ofcourse he'd be lynch proof

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

:ghost: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You motherfucker did you steal my ability?

Why were you in my tower?????

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
helloooooooooooooo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh hey this game is open again.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes, and we only have about a day.

I'm assuming you protected yourself the other night, Rarity?

Also I'm seriously concerned Krell stole my ability with his action.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Yes, and we only have about a day.

I'm assuming you protected yourself the other night, Rarity?

Also I'm seriously concerned Krell stole my ability with his action.

Nope, I protected Allen that night. I woulda protected him last night as well but I can't do the same player twice in a row.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

I got role blocked last night. I think Krell needs to full claim. And I don't think we have two town who are unlynchable. So one of Krell and Asiina is scum.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
its probably krell

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I honestly have no idea what's going on in this game.

If the Skrulls are a cult then who the hell knows who is scum.

What I do know is that Krell either copied or stole my power and that's not cool.

##vote Krell

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

What I do know is that Krell either copied or stole my power and that's not cool.

##vote Krell

You realise this might be LYLO, right?

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Asiina posted:

##vote Krell

I'm actually surprised by the results of last night as well.

However, I can say that I am definitely town, so you're wrong in attempting to lynch me.

Hmmm... it will perhaps take some time to see how such an outcome could be possible.

Regardless, I suppose I should be thankful that I miraculously survived some how.

Very interesting...

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
##vote krell

yeah I guess krell can steal powers and ernie's cop doesn't work on scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote krell take two

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
##vote Krell

Nevermind

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, Harold Krell!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

quote:

Central Park

In the middle of New York City, the battle between Earth and the Skrulls begins to rage out of control.

"At this point, they had given up all pretenses of it being "secret" at all. The Earth was being invaded. In the middle of the city, Avengers, X-men, Thunderbolts, and other assorted heroes did very public battle with an army of Super-Skrulls." From the sidelines, J. Jonah Jameson scribbles this hastily into a notebook, locking arms with Ben Urich. He slips the notebook into his pocket and looks to his friend.

"What do we do, Ben?" he cries over the explosive battle.

"We hide!" Urich yells and they duck into a nearby building.

In the center of the battle, Stark's "Mighty Avengers" seem to be the last group standing, along with assorted Thunderbolts. Ms. Marvel fires a blast at a Skrull who merely phases through it and notes Bullseye running away.

"One of the 'Bolts is off his leash," she says to Stark. "Think we should give chase?"

"Bigger fish to fry, Carol," Stark replies, clearing a path through the Skrulls with his unibeam. Dust and blood clog his vision sensors and he watches as his teammates fall around him: Wonder Man, Ares, even the rest of Cage's team: Echo, Jessica. Iron Man watches helplessly as a Skrull with Adamantium claws runs through Marvel Boy.

"We're losing..." he grunts.

On the other side of the park, near a tree, Bullseye bides his time and uses what few weapons he has left when he approaches a Skrull. He doesn't want to fight this battle: Osborn's dead, so why not just be free? Who's even going to activate the nanobots? As he reaches the edge of the park, a figure clad in red lands before him.

"You knew how this would end, Lester," Daredevil says. "You're not leaving here."

"I do what I want, Murdock! No more teachers, no more books! The world's my oyster, Matt! I can go play baseball, or work for any crimelord I choose. Heck, why not relive ALL my greatest hits? Gimme your current girlfriend's address so I can go leave you a present before I skip town." Bullseye smiles and reveals a sai hidden in his boot. He tosses it at Daredevil who grabs it in mid-air and then, in one graceful move, leaps toward Bullseye and runs him through. He coughs blood onto the bright green grass.

"N-no!" he cries. "You're not s'posed to kill! N-not the way this works!"

"This is how it was always going to end, Bullseye. But take heart." Daredevil pulls him close, twisting the sai.

"He loves you."

"Hank?" the Wasp screams as Hank Pym in full Yellowjacket suit flies onto the field. She smiles as she flutters towards him but then he sticks his arm out and she feels a rumbling in her chest. "Wh-wh-?"

In the middle of the pitched battle, the Wasp begins growing uncontrollably, screaming as she does. Iron Man and Ms. Marvel come to her aid.

"Janet, what's happening?" Stark yells, only to be met with more screams of pain. Carol watches closely.

"It's the Pym Particles," says Ms. Marvel. "Something's wrong with them. She's growing- growing out of control. Tony, she's going to explode and take half the city with her!" Iron Man tries to respond but is forced to contend with two Super-Skrulls who latch onto the arms of his armor. Carol Danvers, knowing that time is short, begins siphoning off the energy being expended by the Wasp's furious change.

"Carol!" Tony yells.

"It's this or the whole city!" she responds. "Sorry, Tony. God, I'm so, so sorry." Carol glows with a bright light and Wanda does as well. Iron Man watches helplessly as the Wasp's explosion is contained, leaving Janet dead and Carol helpless before a cadre of Super-Skrulls. He watches them tear her apart, screaming anti-Kree epithets. He falls to his knees in shock. Removing his helmet, Tony Stark pounds his fist into the ground.

"Anthony Stark," calls a voice. It's a Skrull in what looks to be flowing, priestly robes. "I am Pagon. The one in the form of Henry Pym is Criti Noll. We mourn for your loss, Anthony Stark. Please know that we did not come here to slaughter your people. We wish only to have them embrace change. You see, Anthony, Earth is ours. Our prophets foretold it and our Queen demanded it: Earth is righteously and religiously ours. He loves all of you, Anthony Stark."

Through tears and agony, Stark can only eke out: "Wh-who loves us?"

"God." A blast of energy emits from Pagon's eyes and Stark falls to the ground, cold and dead.

quote:

Inside The Museum of Modern Art

"You think it's over?" Jameson asks, slumping against the wall. "What do we report tomorrow? Are we reporting about a war? How we lost a war?"

"No," Ben Urich replies, his face shifting into a green, bulbous mask. "Tomorrow we report only on the victors, and just how much He loves us." Jameson screams as Urich emits a bright, hot light.

quote:

One Year Later

Parades line the streets of New York City. Though there's still resistance here and there, for the most part humanity has embraced change. Humans take to their Skrull leaders more quickly than the remaining heroes would hope for. There is no more fear or hatred, only servitude to the one true God. The Statue of Liberty is changed into the visage of the departed Veranke to pay tribute to the true Empress of the new Skrull Empire.

And that's what this really is. Within a year, the Skrulls expect to use Earth as a staging ground to colonize the other planets in the Milky Way. Then they'll spread out further, perhaps against the Shi'ar or even further, towards those accursed Kree. Maybe even back to where their old homeworld now lies in ash and cosmic dust. The war in Manhattan is mostly forgotten as anything but a day for Earth's Victory.

The Avengers, of course, are for the most part all forgotten.

The End.

Harold Krell
aka The Wasp (Earth-Aligned) has been plorped Day 7.

hiipfire aka Bullsye (Earth-Aligned) has been endgamed.

CapitalistPig aka Ms. Marvel (Earth-Aligned) has been endgamed.

Asiina aka Iron Man (Earth-Aligned) has been endgamed.

Pinterest Mom aka Pagon the Infiltrator (Skrull-Aligned) has won the game!

Rarity aka Criti Noll the Invader (Skrull-Aligned) has won the game!

Glockenapfel aka Spider-ManSkrull Recruit (Skrull-Aligned) has won the game!

Skrulls Win

Thank you for playing! I hope you had fun!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Moddoc
Design Doc with Roles/Powers/Pre-Written Flavor
Scumdoc
Masondoc

The gists of this game were that:

1. The Skrulls were hopelessly outnumbered and the town had lots of good abilities.
2. The Skrulls could negatively effect those abilities, though sometimes it would give them better abilities (see Wolverine)
3. The Skrulls could offset their small numbers with a recruit.

In retrospect, the recruit was probably too unbalanced and should have been introduced on Day 4 instead of Day 3. Otherwise I think it was pretty balanced? Maybe? I dunno, it's hard to balance something full of powers like this! Whether you won or lost, I hope you enjoyed playing!

Edit: It's also worth noting that a lot of the pre-written flavor in the design doc was written not long after the ACTUAL Secret Invasion came out. I've been sitting on this game for a pretty long time.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Recruit threw basically all scumhunting out the window.

I would have done everything exactly the same.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Comments re: my death

I can't defend myself if Allen wren isn't actually told my role. I know you couldn't tell him that I had a cop that I could control the result of Mac, but you could have just said my ability was the skrull ray. Or at least not said I had a sane day cop which I didn't. If I was asked to use my day cop a second time I couldn't even though you told the town I had it......

Also Jesus Christ Allen wren if this game wasn't the 1 in 100 that literally had a scum conversion mechanic you were wrong about everything all game.

I'll let townies who had to deal with the reveal in thread take care of telling you how they'd have rathered play against the ability.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the "SK" was just punt hitting town targets every night? haha

gg this was fun! it felt really unfair to convert people and I kinda felt like it was impossible for scum to lose? but I had fun.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Right about Pmom and Glock, wrong about Rarity. I'll take it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

Comments re: my death

I can't defend myself if Allen wren isn't actually told my role. I know you couldn't tell him that I had a cop that I could control the result of Mac, but you could have just said my ability was the skrull ray. Or at least not said I had a sane day cop which I didn't. If I was asked to use my day cop a second time I couldn't even though you told the town I had it......

No I didn't. I told Allen it was one-shot, which it was once you were converted. This is literally the result he was given:

" You sniff around Ernie. for awhile. It would appear that he is "Mr. Fantastic" and he is a one-shot day sane/insane cop." I felt it needed to be told to him what your ability was in the most plain mafia-like terms available. The slash was basically to signify that you had the choice of how it acted, though of course I wasn't going to tell him that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I never would have interpreted it like that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It was tough to word it, to be sure. The Mr. Fantastic Skrull ability is a unique one, but telling him outright that he could choose alignment gives away that he's evil. I wanted room for interpretation.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh my god i gave allen the dayvig :swoon:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

It was tough to word it, to be sure. The Mr. Fantastic Skrull ability is a unique one, but telling him outright that he could choose alignment gives away that he's evil. I wanted room for interpretation.

But the way you presented it mod-confirmed that I "lied" about investigating Sandwolf because my ability was just a day-cop!

Maybe it's suboptimal but telling Allen that I had a Skrull Ray was way more preferable to me, because I could have argued that the result might be because he was bus-driven.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Man there are so many cool roles/abilities we didn't get to see because they were hidden behind the infiltration/abduction powers.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think it could've been easily interpreted that you didn't know whether it would've been sane or insane. There's a lot of ways that weird result can be interpreted. Wren could've even interpreted his own result as false since you obviously used the day action more than once in-game. I disagree that anything was 100% mod-confirmed.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Right about Pmom and Glock, wrong about Rarity. I'll take it.

Wrong about me, I didn't get recruited until night 5.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If a rolecop gets something like godfather or miller or framer then that confirms alignment too. It's not a terrible thing for a rolecop to be able to confirm alignment if they hit a role that can only be on one team.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

loving Byers

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had a lot of fun though, LM.

Being unplorpable was just fantastic.

I disagree with the scumdoc. I wasn't playing as a survivor. I would never be that free with my thoughts as a survivor. I was playing as someone who absolutely did not care if anyone thought I was scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rurea posted:

loving Byers

:agreed:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

If this game gives us anything, I hope that we can put the "lynch/cuddle/etc" wars to rest and settle, as a community, on "plorp."

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress thunderdomes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Scum were overpowered but town played like poo poo too.

I'm not going to say I'm innocent of that but cmon guys you had a claimed skrull character from the comic

• Locked thread