Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hahaha nah, Thunderdomes are the bestest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

I had a lot of fun though, LM.

Being unplorpable was just fantastic.

I disagree with the scumdoc. I wasn't playing as a survivor. I would never be that free with my thoughts as a survivor. I was playing as someone who absolutely did not care if anyone thought I was scum.

I thought you were playing like a survivor fwiw

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also pmom and rar mirrored each other all game aaaaargh

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Little Mac posted:

Hahaha nah, Thunderdomes are the bestest.

I wish I could have played and used my powers and poo poo :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Day One Thunderdomes are kinda weird.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

Scum were overpowered but town played like poo poo too.

I'm not going to say I'm innocent of that but cmon guys you had a claimed skrull character from the comic

I don't read comic books.

:shrug: and/or :smuggo:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I still stand by my statement that The Hood is boring and sucks

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Well I was just shocked at how quickly you gave up that last vote. Also you almost delayed a lynch into a nolynch!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kate bishop claim was on par with hostess fruit pie in believability

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Tremendous Taste posted:

For what it's worth, she did shapeshift into Kate Bishop!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I thought you were playing like a survivor fwiw

Apparently playing like a survivor is not caring if you survive?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

One of the most fun aspects of this was mirrored flavor. Whenever someone was nightkilled they received a long, flavor narrative of their death. The killer would get that same narrative from their own perspective. It was a fun writing exercise.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Batroc the leaper was more plausible

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Glockenapfel posted:

Well I was just shocked at how quickly you gave up that last vote. Also you almost delayed a lynch into a nolynch!

Krell is the definition of an easy target.

The fact that he appeared to steal my ability just sealed it for me, lylo or not.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

And thanks Little Mac, the flavor was great. Many gems of hilarity were contributed by players as well.

"Plorp" is definitely my favorite of the town kill name alternatives.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i thought for sure for sure krell was an SK, because the kills we weren't responsible for (Somber/KB/Taste) didn't really make sense for town

but no Punt was just a bad shot :v:

Tremendous Taste posted:

why wouldn't there be Hawkeye, basically an avenger, in a marvel-flavoured game :colbert:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Glockenapfel posted:

Wrong about me, I didn't get recruited until night 5.

My bad then bud

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

One of the most fun aspects of this was mirrored flavor. Whenever someone was nightkilled they received a long, flavor narrative of their death. The killer would get that same narrative from their own perspective. It was a fun writing exercise.

This is my favourite thing about running games. I love doing this so much.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The posts that Punt killed me over were me breadcrumbing my flavor. It spelled out Hawkeye, using some morse code.

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Somberbrero posted:

The posts that Punt killed me over were me breadcrumbing my flavor. It spelled out Hawkeye, using some morse code.

And I tracked you over those posts.

Maybe you should have breadcrumbed "don't kill me!"

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Rurea posted:

loving Byers

Another quality game!

Sorry, F4, Elder Scrools, and this were like my trifecta of lovely play. Then I had to replace out because someone told me things oot I wasn't supposed to know, so thanks to Diqnol for being willing to step into a shitshow of a position I left him in.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Rurea posted:

if town loses because Luke Cage couldn't keep it in his pants I will never forgive you byers

Quoting this post from day 1 .

So salty

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Rurea posted:

Quoting this post from day 1 .

So salty

But in character!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Ernie. posted:

Comments re: my death

I can't defend myself if Allen wren isn't actually told my role. I know you couldn't tell him that I had a cop that I could control the result of Mac, but you could have just said my ability was the skrull ray. Or at least not said I had a sane day cop which I didn't. If I was asked to use my day cop a second time I couldn't even though you told the town I had it......

Also Jesus Christ Allen wren if this game wasn't the 1 in 100 that literally had a scum conversion mechanic you were wrong about everything all game.

I'll let townies who had to deal with the reveal in thread take care of telling you how they'd have rathered play against the ability.

why do I even bother

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

literally the one time I actually follow my gut and make a move, I get poo poo on

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Allen Wren posted:

literally the one time I actually follow my gut and make a move, I get poo poo on

you're not getting poo poo on, i'm just saying that you were making GBS threads on everyone after i flipped, and it was basically a 1% chance of you being right

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I got to make like two posts after your flip because I was at work the whole time people were turboing before I got whacked?

I don't see how it's a 1% chance kind of deal, whether or not my initial suspicion was correct (which it wasn't) has no bearing on the fact that I saw what looked like anti-town play and decided to act on it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

i thought for sure for sure krell was an SK, because the kills we weren't responsible for (Somber/KB/Taste) didn't really make sense for town

why wouldn't there be Hawkeye, basically an avenger, in a marvel-flavoured game :colbert:

You are responsible for my death, actually. ;)

What I've learned from this experience is to always use any abilities I can immediately. I'm sad I didn't use MJOLNIR.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

You are responsible for my death, actually. ;)

What I've learned from this experience is to always use any abilities I can immediately. I'm sad I didn't use MJOLNIR.

Another reason Byers is dumb. You should have just mjolnir'd his face in on day 1

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Man, Little Mac, there is so much cool poo poo and work put into this setup.

I wish we could play it again to see some of the things that didn't happen, happen.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
This game was pretty much a whirlwind throughout.

Though I understand the amount and diversity of roles, the sheer number and complexity was found confusing by all.

Not helping in the matter also, is that despite numerous amounts of evidence, most of my fellow town lynched me, causing them to lose the game.

Overall, I give this game a B-/C+, probably closer to a C+. A functional, yet flawed, game.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

e: nm

hexwren fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 9, 2015

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

I have a list, see, and that list is very simple.

·Kill skrulls
·Find out why pmom says he's Hawkeye from young scavengers when Clint Barton is dead
·Kill Spiderman

It's that simple

I mean autocorrect didn't do me any favors with this post but ol' Norman feels vindicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Thanks mac! I'm very sorry for murdering 3 townies guys, I was gonna claim once my vig ran out but I died before then, oh well.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hey now I murdered somber, opop and taste. And they made perfect sense at the time. I'm not a bad shot all three of them died, I'm just bad at choosing my targets!

• Locked thread