Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Al-Saqr posted:

I died laughing at the entire popo sequence.

"It was worse when they made him blue, because then YOU KNEW THAT THEY KNEW."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
There's something really creepy about the way Pat says "little girl"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
"Pretending to be bad at games" just isn't as funny as it used to be really.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

I died laughing at the entire popo sequence.

"Oh Mr Popo only YOU can beat the watermelon demon!"

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I'm a dumb America that doesn't know maps, where is Grenada?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

HGH posted:

When was this?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I assumed the last part of the Xenoverse was just intentionally over the top but I guess they could have been genuinely confused at the rings after skipping the tutorials?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

HGH posted:

I assumed the last part of the Xenoverse was just intentionally over the top but I guess they could have been genuinely confused at the rings after skipping the tutorials?

Considering Team Four Star, a group literally all about DBZ for years, haven't learned to use items in battle in their playthrough (3 hours in), the ring thing might be real.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

cmykjester posted:

It's an island (or islands I guess) in the Caribbean.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Haha I just looked at the comments on the Xenoverse video :suicide:

Even Plague's gettin in on it

Kinda.

Yeah I kind of glanced at them and I thought it was really bizarre the number of comments from people just losing their poo poo that Two Best Friends was on Machinima, as if this was some new development that's the harbinger of the channel's downfall. I mean I know they were on the Respawn channel for a while, but jeez people this is not a new thing.

And now today it's just people spergin out over DBZ. :suicide:

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 8, 2015

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Kimmalah posted:

And now today it's just people spergin out over DBZ. :suicide:

Screwattack did a Death Battle between Goku and Superman back in Jan 2013, in which Superman won; people are still actively bitching about it right now, and it gave birth to this 25000-word cry for help. DBZ breeds a truly special type of fan.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
ARE YOU OKAY?! BUSTER WOLF!

cmykjester posted:

It's like Jamaica only smaller.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Mar 8, 2015

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

cmykjester posted:

Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the Internet.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=where+is+Grenada

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The thing is I looked before and it pointed to some city in Spain and I wasn't sure if that was right.

Thanks for being a passive-aggressive rear end in a top hat though!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

cmykjester posted:

The thing is I looked before and it pointed to some city in Spain and I wasn't sure if that was right.

That's Granada and it's apparently a common enough mix-up that it's mentioned on the Wikipedia page for Grenada.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

cmykjester posted:

I'm just gonna be plain aggressive and say how could you possibly mistake Grenada for Granada they're two completely different words it's like thinking jogos is Spanish.

:v:

HGH posted:

There's literally a Steam Community tutorial about those rings and how to enter them. They wouldn't be the first ones to be confused.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Dias posted:

I'm just gonna be plain aggressive and say how could you possibly mistake Grenada for Granada they're two completely different words it's like thinking jogos is Spanish.

What a mysterious Grenada.

quote:

There's literally a Steam Community tutorial about those rings and how to enter them. They wouldn't be the first ones to be confused.

To be fair, it tells you to lock on to those rings in the tutorials they didn't read.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Dias posted:

You're assuming that people know there's any difference in pronunciation there for one thing.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have really been enjoying all these DBZ Xenoverse videos all over the internet this week because it just seems like for the most part if you were a male with a television under the age of 25 before the early 2000s then there is a 95% chance you are an expert on DBZ. I have been cracking up so much at people that don't describe themselves as DBZ fans but still can cite most plot points throughout each arc because there was just no getting away from it (I watched a vid where someone said Murai-Trunks and the memories of being 14 years old and browsing planetnamek.net came back). I'm definitely part of this guild as well and it is just fascinating to see it so well in action all these years later. I loving loved how quickly everyone broke down that "what if you put a hyperbolic time chamber inside a hyperbolic time chamber?" question.

edit:

cmykjester posted:

Oh quit being such a whiny bitch.

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 8, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

beep by grandpa posted:

Oh quit being such a whiny bitch.
He might as well have just lmgtfy'd him which is just as annoying though

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What's your guys most unremembered TBF video? Cause I didn't even remember that they literally played all of Night Slashers X. Maybe it was because of a fever dream of alcohol, but yeah. Didn't even know that they played that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

He might as well have just lmgtfy'd him which is just as annoying though

It would be deserved tho, except for Grenada/Granada being legit confusing if you're not pronouncing Granada like you're Fahndanhgo.

beep by grandpa posted:

I have really been enjoying all these DBZ Xenoverse videos all over the internet this week because it just seems like for the most part if you were a male with a television under the age of 25 before the early 2000s then there is a 95% chance you are an expert on DBZ. I have been cracking up so much at people that don't describe themselves as DBZ fans but still can cite most plot points throughout each arc because there was just no getting away from it (I watched a vid where someone said Murai-Trunks and the memories of being 14 years old and browsing planetnamek.net came back). I'm definitely part of this guild as well and it is just fascinating to see it so well in action all these years later. I loving loved how quickly everyone broke down that "what if you put a hyperbolic time chamber inside a hyperbolic time chamber?" question.

I don't think I've met a single male adult between the ages of 18 and 25 that doesn't know way too much poo poo about DBZ and Pokémon.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dias posted:

I don't think I've met a single male adult between the ages of 18 and 25 that doesn't know way too much poo poo about DBZ and Pokémon.

Did you know that Super Sayian 3 actually did nothing to forward the plot? It was only a smokescreen to make you think it did.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

https://instagram.com/p/z9y5k5gU8a/

:unsmith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I hope Matt finally gave the dude a Twin Peaks DVD set.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

cmykjester posted:

Sorry, didn't mean to be passive at all! And hey, you actually spelled it correctly, how was I supposed to know you spelled it wrong before.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Pro-click zone.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Catching up on the podcast and holy poo poo Pat reminded me that I quit playing Majoras Mask after I rented it from block buster because I didn't want to find those loving kids. Thanks for the 15 year old memory.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Screwattack did a Death Battle between Goku and Superman back in Jan 2013, in which Superman won; people are still actively bitching about it right now, and it gave birth to this 25000-word cry for help. DBZ breeds a truly special type of fan.

It happened again with Buu vs Kirby. They had Kirby rightfully win and every Kirby video on youtube, almost all of them no matter what have BUU SHOULD OF WON written somewhere on it, it's loving insane.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Man I will never not be a fan of these guys because they remember dumb poo poo that I like, like Franco Bash. Also double thanks to the nation of Italy for making this game since going back and playing the first Fatal Fury or even KOF 94 is roooooough.

Then they took a picture of him holding today's newspaper... for later.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Well I guess it's time to close up shop, because you've just peaked.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Wasn't Beast Wars heavily censored in Canada, or am I thinking of something else?
Also screw you Pat Waspinator is the best.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
So the Zaibatsu video was hype enough that I'm considering getting Xenoverse. Is this a good idea?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Solaris Knight posted:

So the Zaibatsu video was hype enough that I'm considering getting Xenoverse. Is this a good idea?

Depends entirely on how much you like DBZ. It's objectively a mediocre game but the DBZ factor with all the fanservice is obscene.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Solaris Knight posted:

well it's not like they liked Xenoverse itself they were just having ablast making fun of DBZ's bullshit.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Solaris Knight posted:

By DBZ game standards its probably in the top 3 released yet, and once the inevitable sequels add a metric fuckton of characters like Tenkaichi 3 and Raging Blast 2 did it'll probably be the undisputed best series so far.

Outside of DBZ game standards, its a fun and satisfying beat-em-up with some irritatingly grindy mechanics dragging it down a bit. I'd definitely recommend it, but its not gonna be redefining the face of gaming.

If you have no patience for grind I'd stay away, though. Even as someone who loves the game that hovers a bit close to dealbreaker territory for me, and a "we're sorry we'll fix the rng fuckery" patch would make the game so, so much better.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah what the bee said is basically 200% true

if you're really into DBZ it's the best but be prepared for massive RNG fuckery

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

HGH posted:

What if you actually are bad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Xenoverse is fun, but it's also pretty repetitive when you're grinding for certain items/skills, and when you're in the wrong side of a 2v1/3v1 it's fuckin' bullshit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

HGH posted:

Wasn't Beast Wars heavily censored in Canada, or am I thinking of something else?
Also screw you Pat Waspinator is the best.

Beast Wars was made in Canada by the aame Canadian studio that did Reboot and that one about the planets (War Worlds or something). It wasn't censored but the Canadian titles were different because you can't use the word war in the name of a kids show in Canada. Beast Wars became Transformers: Beasties and War Worlds became Shadow Raiders. They were otherwise completely identical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
War Planets had one of the best cartoon intros of all time. It's just so loving BADASS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN-hErLXS5A

The show was shockingly good too considering the kinda lovely toyline it's based around. Really ambitious and looked really good for something airing in 1998, especially compared to Beast Wars which looked like hot steaming garbage 90% of the time.