Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Are you for real?

I looked this up and I found exactly one thread about it on gamefaqs and even there they say that it's a dumb rumor spread amongst idiot teenagers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

iamthehans posted:

I've been doing it since launch it works flawlessly

poo poo, I need to get someone in on that then. It will solve my big problem with the game.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

:shrug:
Raymond's canonically gay (apparently???) so I figured there might be some truth to the Jessica rumor. I only asked because I couldn't find anything on the net.

I hope Raid Mode comes back in Re7 because I don't think the next couple of episodes are going to have any particularly interesting levels.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Toxsyl posted:

I actually found it easy to kill Pedro as Claire since I had a gently caress load of shotgun ammo and machine pistol ammo and I just layed him out. Also if you kill him early as Claire, Barry's episode is like 20 minutes shorter.

Wait, what the poo poo? You can kill Pedro in the village just by hammering the poo poo out of him? What does that change in Barry's episode 2?

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Wait, what the poo poo? You can kill Pedro in the village just by hammering the poo poo out of him? What does that change in Barry's episode 2?

Claire doesn't get the drill either way. Barry will get the it in the village and can end up skipping all of the apartment section if you want since there's no boss fight for Barry now. It makes the ending kind of anti-climatic since I was thinking the Alex Wesker part was going to be the end of the chapter boss but instead it's just a cutscene and boom end of episode.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RoanHorse posted:

:shrug:
Raymond's canonically gay (apparently???) so I figured there might be some truth to the Jessica rumor. I only asked because I couldn't find anything on the net.

I hope Raid Mode comes back in Re7 because I don't think the next couple of episodes are going to have any particularly interesting levels.

you keep going on about transgirls and gay dudes what the hell

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

codenameFANGIO posted:

I looked this up and I found exactly one thread about it on gamefaqs and even there they say that it's a dumb rumor spread amongst idiot teenagers.

Who gives a poo poo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Who gives a poo poo.

I believe I already mentioned that it is mainly the domain of idiot teenagers, possibly (but not exclusively) on gamefaqs. Nobody likes you. :geno:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Del Lago is a really cool boss fight.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Broose posted:

Barry's Ending: They really want you to think the beast thing is Moira, don't they?

The creature at the end of Barry part 2 clearly has the same voice as the woman on the bracelets

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Some details about bonus episodes have popped up. One will star Moira, while the other will star Natalia. Both of these episodes have some...odd parameters, in terms of gameplay mechanics.

So yes, one of Moira's alternate outfits has an in-game justification, and it will be seen here.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
Should I wait for the retail version of reve2 or buy the episodes? I have poo poo connection so downloading sucks

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

ManOfTheYear posted:

Should I wait for the retail version of reve2 or buy the episodes? I have poo poo connection so downloading sucks

I'd say unless you're dying of boredom to wait, if only cause the season pass and stuff is borked for so many people. I still can't access the raid throwback pack for example.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

OxMan posted:

I'd say unless you're dying of boredom to wait, if only cause the season pass and stuff is borked for so many people. I still can't access the raid throwback pack for example.
You aren't missing much, cause seriously gently caress three out of four of those throwback maps. Super fast and poisonous scagdeads after fighting through a swarm of bullshit and dying to instant death ain't fun. Neither is a map that is half slingers and half revenants.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

Niggurath posted:

You aren't missing much, cause seriously gently caress three out of four of those throwback maps. Super fast and poisonous scagdeads after fighting through a swarm of bullshit and dying to instant death ain't fun. Neither is a map that is half slingers and half revenants.

Well, alright. It's not a long wait anyway.

Might as well try re2 out in the meantime. Haven't played any of the old re games before, so how accessible is it?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

ManOfTheYear posted:

Well, alright. It's not a long wait anyway.

Might as well try re2 out in the meantime. Haven't played any of the old re games before, so how accessible is it?

Pretty accessible. Also highly replayable, believe it or not: you get a different experience playing as Claire first Leon Second and Leon first Clair Second. RE may have started the series but RE2 was what pushed the series through the roof, quality-wise.

It's got my favorite boss monster of the whole continuity.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
You should also wait for them to fix all the optimization/performance issues they've got going on.

FatalT
Sep 11, 2001

I'm BLUE da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee da ba di, da ba dee...
The PS4 in-game $19.99 season pass is still borked for all the people who bought it previously. It's not even showing up as purchased now. Dammit Sony I want to play Episode 2!

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
I about had a heart attack when I thought I heard a chainsaw trying to be started.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
For anyone struggling with terrible stutter, there's a fix on the Steam forums that helped me a ton. link.

I think the ini fixes combined with forcing triple buffering were what did it, for the most part.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Wait, are the bonus episodes set before or after the events of episodes 1-4?
Moira's sounds like a different continuity entirely.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
RE2 is one of the best examples of the old-school RE games. Actually, if I had to put them in order it'd be REmake, 2, then 3. Also, if you're playing 2 and you're frustrated the dual shock version has an absurdly easy infinite ammo cheat, for some reason.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RoanHorse posted:

Wait, are the bonus episodes set before or after the events of episodes 1-4?
Moira's sounds like a different continuity entirely.

Something tells me Moira's refusal to use guns is going to be tied into her accidentally shooting the dude.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Full Battle Rattle posted:

RE2 is one of the best examples of the old-school RE games. Actually, if I had to put them in order it'd be REmake, 2, then 3. Also, if you're playing 2 and you're frustrated the dual shock version has an absurdly easy infinite ammo cheat, for some reason.

Resident Evil 2 is the one I send people toward if they try to get into the old series. The original game has aged like horse poo poo and REmake is the final test of putting all your skills in the weird genre difficult. Resident Evil 2 is the right balance of having aged alright and still playing pretty well.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Dammit, I really wish Capcom had remade RE2... It's soooooo good already.

The Dark Id posted:

Resident Evil 2 is the right balance of having aged alright and still playing pretty well.

It also plays pretty well on the Vita/PSP, if you've got one of those. Easy to pick up and play for a bit.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I nearly bought 2 and 3 on the Gamecube because I thought they would be like REmake. They are not. They are the PSX versions.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Butt Ghost posted:

I nearly bought 2 and 3 on the Gamecube because I thought they would be like REmake. They are not. They are the PSX versions.
What was especially odd to me was that there was some additional content for the N64 version of RE 2 (and possibly 3) that was cut from the later Gamecube version.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

poptart_fairy posted:

Something tells me Moira's refusal to use guns is going to be tied into her accidentally shooting the dude.

The episodes are probably going to be "What If?" kinda things.

Im also thinking Moiras fear of guns is going to be about her accidently killing her sister or mom. Bonus points if one of em was transformed by a virus.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Just finished episode 2 and liked it quite a bit despite the huge amount of technical issues. Getting killed because you couldn't dodge a OHK due to stuttering is pretty frustrating! Also frustrating is how dumb Claire's AI can be. Don't run into iron heads before they're stunned, please.

poptart_fairy posted:

The bonus episodes just seem like non-canon minigames, so I doubt that will be the case.

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

I'm betting Moira's refusal to use guns will be due to her terrifying childhood experiences with Barry using his gun to gesture at things and people.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Resident Evil 2 is the one I send people toward if they try to get into the old series. The original game has aged like horse poo poo and REmake is the final test of putting all your skills in the weird genre difficult. Resident Evil 2 is the right balance of having aged alright and still playing pretty well.

The HD Remaster of Remake is much, much easier than the GC version. Even without the new 'easy' setting (which was so insultingly easy I actually started over) the new controls really make evasion so much easier.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Trick Question posted:

I'm betting Moira's refusal to use guns will be due to her terrifying childhood experiences with Barry using his gun to gesture at things and people.

"I HAVE THIS" (muffled gunshot)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Niggurath posted:

What was especially odd to me was that there was some additional content for the N64 version of RE 2 (and possibly 3) that was cut from the later Gamecube version.

Yeah, it really didn't make any sense they didn't keep stuff like the EX files in for the Gamecube release

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Forget cheats, I think if you play on easy the game gives you some kind of machine gun with 1000 rounds or something.

RE2 was the first RE game I played and it was all right. I still enjoy RE4/5/6 more because gently caress tank controls when you have fixed camera angles, but RE2 had a great atmosphere at the time and I don't remember the backtracking being all that excessive.

I just started Revelations 1 and it's weird. I'm on Chapter 3 and I think I hosed up and went too far ahead, now I have to fight a mutant communications officer and I only just got the ability to do weapon upgrades, also I haven't unlocked the shotgun yet. I really like the atmosphere of this game, but I really prefer the RE6 way of punching your way through hordes of enemies. In Revelations I'm constantly having to just slip past enemies because I never have enough ammo.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Gamecube ports are literally just the Playstation 1 versions with zero graphical upgrades of any kind.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I'm pretty sure the Gamecube ports are literally just the Playstation 1 versions with zero graphical upgrades of any kind.

That's a shame, the DC version of 3 was fairly good for the time, smoother textures and mini games/costumes unlocked from the start. I still think simply throwing some higher poly models in would warrant me buying them again.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

The REMake was more than just throwing an amazing new coat of paint on everything. They changed things up, expanded the mansion, added a whole new side-plot involving that one mutant, added in counterattack emergency weapons, altered some of the scripted scares or item locations so longtime fans would still be surprised, and added in Crimson Heads.

Crimson Heads changed _everything_.

I mean, yeah, you could try to do to RE2 what they did for RE1 but good golly it'd be an undertaking.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Trick Question posted:

Alternate theory: a young Moira is fooling around with Barry's magnum until it fires, and the recoil causes the gun to smack her square in the head so hard she has a concussion and her eardrums get blown out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barry has two daughters and the other hasn't been mentioned yet I think. Kinda got a suspicion that has something to do with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

1st AD posted:

I just started Revelations 1 and it's weird. I'm on Chapter 3 and I think I hosed up and went too far ahead, now I have to fight a mutant communications officer and I only just got the ability to do weapon upgrades, also I haven't unlocked the shotgun yet. I really like the atmosphere of this game, but I really prefer the RE6 way of punching your way through hordes of enemies. In Revelations I'm constantly having to just slip past enemies because I never have enough ammo.

Rev1 is more sandboxy than other more linear games. Sure there are locked doors and plot events that cutoff areas, but you have a surprisingly free roam of the ship, so don't be afraid to go back and visit places for health and pickups you might have left behind, or unlock optional doors. Use the genesis at all times. Outside the very beginning I wasn't starved for ammo. There are also certain mods you can miss out on if you take different paths through the ship during some events.