Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SurrealityCheck posted:

If she had a piece of pizza stuck to her butt...

Yes...

Alternate alternate ending: Dante and Virgil fight inside a Pizza Hut over toppings.

I don't see why they bother to change the ending scene when we still have this in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oL29x7Reh8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

SurrealityCheck posted:

If she had a piece of pizza stuck to her butt...

Yes...

Just thinking about her...sweet can-...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't Kat like, sad over Vergil betraying them and them almost fighting to the death? Is that supposed to be wacky-charming instead of making him look like a creeper?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't Kat like, sad over Vergil betraying them and them almost fighting to the death? Is that supposed to be wacky-charming instead of making him look like a creeper?

Yeah. Think also this is after Dante saying "I don't know who I am" being completely serious.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
That's so weird considering they removed some explicit dialogue from the game. For example: Lilith cuts from "at last the world is your bitch" to "what's the matter?" rather abruptly, and the whole section with her saying "and so am I blah blah please gently caress me" has been removed (not even particularly elegantly I might add).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Quality story telling right here. Ninja Theory you did it again!

Did NT even make these cuts or was it all Capcom?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

That's so weird considering they removed some explicit dialogue from the game. For example: Lilith cuts from "at last the world is your bitch" to "what's the matter?" rather abruptly, and the whole section with her saying "and so am I blah blah please gently caress me" has been removed (not even particularly elegantly I might add).

Next you're gonna tell me they cut out the sniper abortion scene.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I'm pleased to announce that the sniper abortion scene is still in. :downs:

Oxxidation posted:

NT worked on the remaster directly. No way to tell whose idea it was, though.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

DmC: Mea Culpa Edition seems to be available for consoles (PS4/XBone) now, and there's a little-advertised change that dramatically alters the game for the better:

Vergil's sick fedora? Gone.

RIP Fedora. :qq:

Pfft.
---

Hey look, now the fight actually looks fast paced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xgiUSQCFRg
and the lock-on makes Dante flail around less like a spastic. Gee, it's almost like the complaints about its absence were legitimate. And they finally got round to giving boss Vergil a basic loving yamato combo.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 9, 2015

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Oxxidation posted:

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Apparently NT's, if this article is to be believed;

quote:

In a statement to Eurogamer, Ninja Theory's chief creative director Tameem Antoniades admitted the developer had decided to trim the scene for DmC's new release, but insisted the decision had not been taken with a view to censoring its content.

Instead, the change was due to the pacing of the scene, and the fact that the line was not liked internally.

"We did make an edit to the opening cut-scene," Antoniades explained. "It wasn't a case of censorship as there are far more suggestive scenes in the game. We felt that scene in particular drags on a little bit for the opening sequence and frankly, we didn't like the line.

"Those few seconds were irrelevant to the scene and is covered effectively in a later scene where Mundus is metaphorically shafting world leaders. For the Definitive Edition we took the opportunity to review all aspects of the game, and change things that we didn't like or couldn't add in time. As part of that, we also added a brand new cutscene that didn't make it in time for the original game."
source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-09-ninja-theory-cut-one-of-devil-may-crys-most-sexually-suggestive-lines-for-definitive-edition

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

NT posted:

we also added a brand new cutscene that didn't make it in time for the original game.

Please tell me that's the rear end grab ending.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Please tell me that's the rear end grab ending.

That would seem to be the only thing that it could be. :psyduck:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
The combat changes in Definitive Edition look mostly really good. That fight looks a lot better, and it feels like angel evade is now excellent.

I will enjoy giving this another bash!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

This makes so many things about the remaster even funnier. They sprinted away from the old games' aesthetic, their reboot bombed, and now they're pushing Dante 1.0 front and center in all their promo materials. Have you no principles, Ser Antoniades

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pesky Splinter posted:

RIP Fedora. :qq:

Pfft.
---

Hey look, now the fight actually looks fast paced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xgiUSQCFRg
and the lock-on makes Dante flail around less like a spastic. Gee, it's almost like the complaints about its absence were legitimate. And they finally got round to giving boss Vergil a basic loving yamato combo.

Hey, now that actually looks fun!

NuDante's face looks loving stupid on the classic suit though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

NuDante's face looks loving stupid on the classic suit though.

Yeah, I appreciate the idea but it just doesn't fit at all.

It really is nice to see it sped up and looking a lot more like actual DMC gameplay. That said, that's the final boss who is probably the most DMC thing in the game. I'm curious to see how the rest of the game looks.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
At least while playing we'll almost never see his face anyway.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

At least while playing we'll almost never see his face anyway.

Nah, you see it all the time. Remember, the game does those "zoom in on his face" thing when new enemy waves spawn

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I still can't believe DmC Vergil didn't even have a basic melee combo against you. I'm pretty sure every single attack of his involves teleporting away first.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

toasterwarrior posted:

I still can't believe DmC Vergil didn't even have a basic melee combo against you. I'm pretty sure every single attack of his involves teleporting away first.

I was in the process of writing a breakdown of the game's various shortcomings, when compared to the main series, and the Vergil fight puzzled me for the longest time, because I couldn't understand what felt missing, until I pulled up a movelist, and discovered that he lacked a basic combo.

Yeah, prior to the definitive edition, his main MO was to teleport away and charge up an attack, or just block you at close range without fighting back.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That actually looks like something to enjoy.
Mea culpa accepted NT. Good job.

Now to see if theyve learnt anything and if theyll apply it to their coming game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PS the game still looks bad. I'm glad they sped it up and Vergil doesn't eat poo poo as hard as he used to, but it still looks like it's pretty easy to overwhelm him and poo poo all over his attempts to fight back. It's nice to Angel Dodge is good though, I guess. I can't imagine the other boss fights are going to be much better given they're really awful giant bosses and increasing their aggressiveness/speed isn't gonna really help them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
DmC was the rare game that I never even curiosity-bought for $10 or whatever because it was so aggressively ugly and unpleasant with or without the gameplay shortcomings. The remaster probably isn't going to do much to fix that.

Though I doubt I'll grab the DMC4 remaster either, think I bled that one dry on my first go-round.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Oxxidation posted:

DmC was the rare game that I never even curiosity-bought for $10 or whatever because it was so aggressively ugly and unpleasant with or without the gameplay shortcomings. The remaster probably isn't going to do much to fix that.

Though I doubt I'll grab the DMC4 remaster either, think I bled that one dry on my first go-round.

It's not THAT bad. I mean any Platinum game shits all over it 3 ways to Sunday but its still got some fun in it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I think now more than ever is the time to vote with your wallet as I think they're seeing which one sells more and will continue the series. So yes please buy DMC4 SE.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

Vergil gameplay, though!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

It's not THAT bad. I mean any Platinum game shits all over it 3 ways to Sunday but its still got some fun in it.

Maybe, but between the downright insulting PR campaign, that one homophobic presentation NT gave on the difference between old and new Dante, and the fact that they actually went ahead with the infamous Sniper Rifle Abortion scene, I outright refuse to give NT any of my money. Especially not for a mediocre action game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Also their mo-capped faces seriously nauseate me, it's like the characters' flesh is some separate organism that latched onto their bare, smooth skulls.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Come to think of it, there's not much coming on the character action front beyond the DMC4 re-release, is there? I have a hunch that Scalebound might end up being more of a curveball and noone knows what the gently caress Devil's Third is supposed to be but it's clearly not character action... what else is there? Ninja Theory's new game? No thanks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

EightFlyingCars posted:

There's actually a good reason for this, it's necessary to double up on dodge buttons to be able to do angel evades and demon dodges without having to try to hit R1 and R2 at the same time or whatever.

This is a problem you shouldn't even be encountering in the first place.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Shakespearean

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Come to think of it, there's not much coming on the character action front beyond the DMC4 re-release, is there? I have a hunch that Scalebound might end up being more of a curveball and noone knows what the gently caress Devil's Third is supposed to be but it's clearly not character action... what else is there? Ninja Theory's new game? No thanks.

Metal Gear Rising 2 has been announced, I think? Though I don't know of the release date, I doubt it's soon.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Szurumbur posted:

Metal Gear Rising 2 has been announced, I think? Though I don't know of the release date, I doubt it's soon.

It has not. There was a teaser, but apparently that was just for the game's 2 year anniversary.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

Also their mo-capped faces seriously nauseate me, it's like the characters' flesh is some separate organism that latched onto their bare, smooth skulls.

Stylistic choice. Every character is a demon except for Kat whose BIG EYES are windows into her gentle soul.

(I don't find the mocapped facial animations to be that bad at all, considering the industry standards.)

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Stylistic choice. Every character is a demon except for Kat whose BIG EYES are windows into her gentle soul.

(I don't find the mocapped facial animations to be that bad at all, considering the industry standards.)

Big eyes, big rack. Goddamn, Kat might as well have "i'm so animeee~" plastered all over her face.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

So for anyone who has played the Definitive Edition, did they cut or add an option to skip that awful interactive cutscene where you have to defend Kat when Vergil's 4chan HQ is raided by cops? You do nothing but follow her for five minutes and press a button to knock down debris two or three times.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Szurumbur posted:

They haven't announced anything but they've been teasing it lately, mostly by posting big 2's everywhere and then announcing other Rising-related stuff that plausibly corresponds with a 2, like 2nd anniversary wallpaper or whatever.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

They haven't announced anything but they've been teasing it lately, mostly by posting big 2's everywhere and then announcing other Rising-related stuff that plausibly corresponds with a 2, like 2nd anniversary wallpaper or whatever.

The big 2 that was shown wasn't for Rising at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Peewi posted:

It has not. There was a teaser, but apparently that was just for the game's 2 year anniversary.

That's a shame, but there's still a chance of a sequel, there's hook enough in the first game. Oh well.

• Locked thread