Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm working late shift all this week so I won't be on at the normal goon hour™ which blows, since I want to get into these right away and establish good heist groups.

But we all know this poo poo isn't gonna work right until like, Friday anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New updated list of leaked Heist stuff including prices on new clothing and masks. Some of the new clothing items are pretty drat expensive! $45,000 outfit that comes in 4 different varieties, multiple $25,000 masks (including Impotent Rage and Princess Bubblegum), and I assume that the ones priced $0 are unlocks for beating certain heists.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Cute as heck posted:

Hey that me!

Also oh, that's what happened to my parachute. :mad:

That me too!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Policenaut posted:

New updated list of leaked Heist stuff including prices on new clothing and masks. Some of the new clothing items are pretty drat expensive! $45,000 outfit that comes in 4 different varieties, multiple $25,000 masks (including Impotent Rage and Princess Bubblegum), and I assume that the ones priced $0 are unlocks for beating certain heists.

I'm not super surprised. With Heists paying out more inflation was sure to happen. Goddamn irrational exuberance.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Duke Chin posted:

I'm not super surprised. With Heists paying out more inflation was sure to happen. Goddamn irrational exuberance.

Good thing I'm so rich at this point heists are meaningless. I will gladly bankroll tons of failed heist attempts for goons with only one caveat: Camera lock=First person muhahahaha

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Note to self: don't play with frenton

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Sapient Afro posted:

According to one of the leakers, we'll finally be able to get chrome rims!

You just have to grind incessantly to get them:

:suicide:

If that's true gently caress R* Right square in their ear. Those game modes are horrible.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
This was from a few nights ago while we were doing a bunch of Geeves races. Featuring my mediocre driving and my dumb voice minus the rest of the party's audio (this should be easier/actually possible to implement dammit):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNTjTuQv0E

BitBasher posted:

If that's true gently caress R* Right square in their ear. Those game modes are horrible.

I've noticed they seem to push those modes whenever there's a double rp/cash playlist thing going on too :geno:

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

SamuraiPaul posted:

It was I. I was the goon murdered by a car bomb. When you left immediately after I thought you just didn't like me. I don't blame you for leaving since I was aiming to shoot you for your treachery.

My apologies to you, it was shame that made me leave, avoiding the righteous shooting I richly deserved.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Brightman posted:

I've noticed they seem to push those modes whenever there's a double rp/cash playlist thing going on too :geno:

Instead of loving people into playing poo poo game modes because they are unpopular maybe they should working on making them less poo poo.

If people don't play something there is generally a reason.

Also, the one class of cars that should have chrome rims, muscle, has the absolute most poo poo requirement.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 9, 2015

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I'm still kinda sad that parties for heists are 4 people only.

I want to play with EVERYONE.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

BitBasher posted:

Instead of loving people intovplayifng poo poo game modes because they are unpopular maybe they should working on making them less poo poo.

If people don't play something there is generally a reason.

Also, the one class of cars that should have chrome rims, muscle, has the absolute most poo poo requirement.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at Rockstar and see usage numbers - I can't remember the last time I received a free roam invite to a Capture. The only time I've played a Capture in the last several months was with Goons. Same with LTS - though I see a ton of Deathmatch invites.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I think captures are good in theory. But people don't want an objective (deliver a bus :downs: ) when they can just as easily kill other players.

Policenaut posted:

Bowties! How many Pee-Wee Hermans will there now be?

Brightman posted:

This was from a few nights ago while we were doing a bunch of Geeves races. Featuring my mediocre driving and my dumb voice minus the rest of the party's audio (this should be easier/actually possible to implement dammit):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNTjTuQv0E

Mine says it's set to record my voice, but it never does. I just realize my races usually end up like that blue dot rube goldberg mega posts from GBS. My POV is also lacking. I would like to see Mr_Dread's from last night tho. Just seeing a random explosion high up in the air, he must have done something quite spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYepAZ7Ijg

geeves fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 9, 2015

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

We've had bowties.

So excited for the fitted leather jacket, driving gloves, tuxes, and the Casco/Endura.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

We've had bowties.

So excited for the fitted leather jacket, driving gloves, tuxes, and the Casco/Endura.

sort of weird how they melded most of the maserati 3500 gt with a 1963 corvette. a 'vette, of all things!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

geeves posted:

Mine says it's set to record my voice, but it never does. I just realize my races usually end up like that blue dot rube goldberg mega posts from GBS. My POV is also lacking. I would like to see Mr_Dread's from last night tho. Just seeing a random explosion high up in the air, he must have done something quite spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYepAZ7Ijg

Haha, forgot it was you I ramped.

The audio recording thing is weird, it should record it for you, but you have to set it in like devices or some crap. Based on discussion in the PS4 thread if it's just set in the party you created then I think that just let's the party audio get captured for a stream, but not for a straight up capture. So you'd have to stream it to twitch with archive on, then export that to youtube through whatever means, and edit it there. Or we could just use the in-game chat system and then it should capture it but it'd be a lot quieter. Best option is probably to continue not caring.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Who is going to be around tomorrow for some heist-action? I'll almost definitely be on tomorrow night after 8:30 EST - maybe during the day even.

This is when it is tough to WFH, I'm going to be tempted to ignore work.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I don't want to jinx things guys and gals, but I think we might actually get heists tomorrow...

Reliable servers on the other hand...

They're gonna choke. So bad.

Edit: I'll be online tomorrow night for sure, likely around 9et or so, will be looking to run a heist. Might pop in earlier to to see if the servers are up and browse what goodies the update unlocks.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'll be on a bunch provided it's not some crazy late release. Use PSN parties if you want reliable communications.

Also I've got the PS4 hooked up to videocapture gear again so I'll be able to grab voicecomms when recording heists.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 9, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

geeves posted:

Unless it secretly records and stores video (which it might, idk) I don't have anything. If you're talking about when I suicided during that race, I don't have any idea what caused it. I wasn't more than a couple of feet off the pavement then, though.

Brightman posted:

Haha, forgot it was you I ramped.

The audio recording thing is weird, it should record it for you, but you have to set it in like devices or some crap. Based on discussion in the PS4 thread if it's just set in the party you created then I think that just let's the party audio get captured for a stream, but not for a straight up capture. So you'd have to stream it to twitch with archive on, then export that to youtube through whatever means, and edit it there. Or we could just use the in-game chat system and then it should capture it but it'd be a lot quieter. Best option is probably to continue not caring.

I can't even select the option to allow mine to record. I'm using a Yeti USB mic, which the playstation sees as a headset. I have to set all audio to go through the headset and use a workaround to get it to output through the monitor. For some reason this greys out the "allow my voice to be recorded" thing.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

Who is going to be around tomorrow for some heist-action? I'll almost definitely be on tomorrow night after 8:30 EST - maybe during the day even.

I'll be around for sure and definitely down. You're probably the only goon left who trusts me. I think.

Maybe?

Eh, I wouldn't blow you up anyway. We go back. These other posers get their poo poo blown up for good reason, too.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I wonder if Heists will be "released" with the PSN store update, or if they will come earlier with a patch and a server update.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

titties posted:

Unless it secretly records and stores video (which it might, idk) I don't have anything. If you're talking about when I suicided during that race, I don't have any idea what caused it. I wasn't more than a couple of feet off the pavement then, though.

I can't even select the option to allow mine to record. I'm using a Yeti USB mic, which the playstation sees as a headset. I have to set all audio to go through the headset and use a workaround to get it to output through the monitor. For some reason this greys out the "allow my voice to be recorded" thing.

Is that in the party chat options? Cause that's not that option....looking into it the option isn't where I thought it was: Share button > Options button > Share Settings > Video Clip Settings > Check "Include Microphone Audio in Video Clip". Some have said there's an option in Broadcast settings that'll let you be recorded for a party, but it sounds like it needs to be streamed, but it can also be captured normally while streaming, so that's sorta convoluted.

Fake edit: Apparently everyone needs to opt-in in those party settings since it's illegal in some places to record other people's voices without consent and that's why this is a mess.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

I'll be around for sure and definitely down. You're probably the only goon left who trusts me. I think.

Maybe?

Eh, I wouldn't blow you up anyway. We go back. These other posers get their poo poo blown up for good reason, too.

You get a co-win for my one victory in House Factory, so far as I am concerned you are indeed The Most Trustworthy Goon.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Feenix posted:

I wonder if Heists will be "released" with the PSN store update, or if they will come earlier with a patch and a server update.

Typically the patch is live Monday at like 4AM, but honestly I am wondering too since there is no update now, and it is suppose to launch tomorrow. I wonder if that means it will be 4am on a tuesday instead of monday for once?

Eithercase, knowing I need bookooo bucks, and even with some of those silly unlocks being 50+ heists, I still would like to get some bucks rolling in, so I can secure a new car, or jet and flare gun asap.

I hope the flaregun is as fun as the fireworks launcher.

titties
May 10, 2012

Brightman posted:

Is that in the party chat options? Cause that's not that option....looking into it the option isn't where I thought it was: Share button > Options button > Share Settings > Video Clip Settings > Check "Include Microphone Audio in Video Clip". Some have said there's an option in Broadcast settings that'll let you be recorded for a party, but it sounds like it needs to be streamed, but it can also be captured normally while streaming, so that's sorta convoluted.

Fake edit: Apparently everyone needs to opt-in in those party settings since it's illegal in some places to record other people's voices without consent and that's why this is a mess.

Yeah, even after checking Include Microphone under video clip settings and broadcast settings, as well as allowing party chat to be recorded under broadcast settings, I still can't opt-in under party settings. Apparently you do have to actually be streaming before that option is available, so it probably isn't actually my mic.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Oh, since heists are an actual thing now. Should we even try and think that R* might try and patch their game and add stuff, much more readily or more often in the future, given the excuse was "No updates until heists launch".

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Would love if it were even so much as like new cars being added to Legendary and SS like monthly and new clothes in the shops.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The new vietnam style chopper is so sick, is that the one with miniguns for passengers? I cant wait to roll heavy in that thing on pc. I have this game on 360 but im gonna try to not play it until PC so its fresher, but I might give in and have to try out a heist if anybody else is down on 360.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

It might be in your best interest to do the heists on console where cheating is less likely to happen, where I am sure the PC will be a wild west. Also your money transfers from 360->pc with the character, so why not?

edit; I'll be on probably all day, doing missions. I can do races and other stuff too I guess, but I need some fat stacks. I wish I saved more dubstas with trombone and suspension than just 1 platinum and gold version.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 9, 2015

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Kelly posted:

I'm down. I'll be on around 8:30 as well.

Do we have any idea how long a heist takes to complete?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

We've had bowties.

You know who else is excited? A combination (if only there were some way...) of these guys:

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Basically me.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

titties posted:

Yeah, even after checking Include Microphone under video clip settings and broadcast settings, as well as allowing party chat to be recorded under broadcast settings, I still can't opt-in under party settings. Apparently you do have to actually be streaming before that option is available, so it probably isn't actually my mic.

Well with those settings your voice should still come through on anything you record, but yeah, looks like the only "fix" for this is to have the party owner streaming on low quality to alleviate any lag, and have everyone opt-in. I think that'll let the party owner save videos with everyone talking but others wouldn't be able to, so it's still sorta poo poo, but I don't think it's anything we explicitly need right now even though I'm pretty sure most of us would have it on if it was a simple option to just let anyone record your voice in any manner.

Also I'll be down for heists tomorrow assuming they're working at all. Otherwise I'll probably be playing Hotline Miami 2 or something in the likely event the servers poo poo themselves.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

me your dad posted:

I'm down. I'll be on around 8:30 as well.

Look who showed up! :v:

The one review said it took them 2 or 3 hours to finish an entire heist - five missions altogether. The same group doesn't have to be together, just the one who launches it and bankrolls it. Everyone else gets paid after each mission, the mastermind only gets paid at the end.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

I will be on as well. I don't have a huge preference as to who's teamed up with me (I'll organize or be a pleb), but I would like that "Loyalty" (all with the same crew) million dollar bonus and the "In order" bonus.

me your dad posted:

The IGN video said it took them about 3 hours, but could probably shave off a bit after they knew what they were doing.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Kelly posted:

I'm going to try to get out of work at a reasonable time for at least the first day. Can't say much for the rest of the week, but we'll see.

vvv Also that, yes. I'm going to be trying to get as many of these as possible.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Mar 9, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

I will be on as well. I don't have a huge preference as to who's teamed up with me (I'll organize or be a pleb), but I would like that "Loyalty" (all with the same crew) million dollar bonus and the "In order" bonus.

The IGN video said it took them about 3 hours, but could probably shave off a bit after they knew what they were doing.

I didn't even think of that - I'd also like to stick with the same group for that reason if possible. Well, I guess we will see who's online tomorrow.

titties
May 10, 2012

I'll almost certainly be around as well, and heists were instantly exempted from my 1st-person-only crusade so I might even shoot a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
What are the rumored payouts for heists going to be? I'm so loving poor.

• Locked thread