Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Somberbrero posted:

Can you explain Epsilon's vote to me?
It's pretty obviously a Day 1 gutread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Logic only works when you have all the information, though. Otherwise you get a spectacularly lethal guess-and-check.

Also I forgot to ##unvote

Can you expand on this post Epsilon?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's pretty obviously a Day 1 gutread.

are you ~kidding~ me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

A reminder that all actions must be in before the day ends which is in like ~12 hours Max but could be earlier if a majority vote is reached

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

i forgot that that's where my vote is ##unvote

afaik wall monitor is not new, but his post read like someone responding to the case they think was against them, but not the one that was actually presented. as if he had at the ready a defense ready for his actions which is... out of the ordinary.

his follow-up unvoting is too thick to lay on for scum

Why would you think that wall monitor isn't new? What's your definition of new?

I also haven't read the post in question yet but I really don't like 'too scummy to be scummy' arguments in general.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Ernie. posted:

i forgot that that's where my vote is ##unvote

afaik wall monitor is not new, but his post read like someone responding to the case they think was against them, but not the one that was actually presented. as if he had at the ready a defense ready for his actions which is... out of the ordinary.

his follow-up unvoting is too thick to lay on for scum

Ernie. posted:

I can't put my finger on it but JJ seems to intentionally be pretending to be scummy. I don't know somber as a person who goes after low hanging fruit either. So basically they're both weirdos. Glad we had this talk.

I find the vagueness of Ernie's reasoning combined with his posting:scumhunting ratio to be suspicious. The only opinions he's shown are that JJ/Somber are "weirdos" and a vote on WM (from a post really early on in the game) that he took back when called out on it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm on my phone and will have a more substantial post when I'm home later today, but with votes needing to be in prior to the end of day did we come to a consensus on what we're doing as a group with the three powers? Are we sharing our votes publicly in thread?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Little Mac posted:

I'm on my phone and will have a more substantial post when I'm home later today, but with votes needing to be in prior to the end of day did we come to a consensus on what we're doing as a group with the three powers? Are we sharing our votes publicly in thread?
I think we generally agreed that being completely open in the thread would do more harm than good.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

Why would you think that wall monitor isn't new? What's your definition of new?

I also haven't read the post in question yet but I really don't like 'too scummy to be scummy' arguments in general.

i just thought he was an old returning player?

that said too bad, i love those arguments and they've never betrayed me

also, if you're looking for somewhere to park your vote so you survive go ahead and vote me (seriously i'm not being snipey). you seem to want to play this game a lot more than me and you said you're voteleader and i don't think you would be this flippant about being the voteleader as scum.

Murmur Twin posted:

I find the vagueness of Ernie's reasoning combined with his posting:scumhunting ratio to be suspicious. The only opinions he's shown are that JJ/Somber are "weirdos" and a vote on WM (from a post really early on in the game) that he took back when called out on it.

the thread somehow turned into a battlefield of opinions. i've already said why i'm intentionally not engaging the thread on its own terms.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

i just thought he was an old returning player?

that said too bad, i love those arguments and they've never betrayed me

also, if you're looking for somewhere to park your vote so you survive go ahead and vote me (seriously i'm not being snipey). you seem to want to play this game a lot more than me and you said you're voteleader and i don't think you would be this flippant about being the voteleader as scum.

the thread somehow turned into a battlefield of opinions. i've already said why i'm intentionally not engaging the thread on its own terms.

Oh weird, maybe I'm misremembering it then. That sounds right actually.

I don't think voting you would help me or the game as a whole so no thanks. Honestly I'm thriving off the martyr complex right now.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

Can you expand on this post Epsilon?

Hiipfire says we should be open to deduce scum via logic. The issue is that there's too many unknowns to deduce anything logically. We don't know 100% if we will know who we got our ballots from, or what power roles scum may have. While we should still attempt to reason things out, I am suspicious of anyonr who thinks a brand-new setup can be figured out D1.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

are you ~kidding~ me

You're not posting like you normally do and it's bothering me. It is, in essence, a gut read.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also my room has one lurker and I'm in favor of hitting a lurker instead of Somber if possible. Assuming no scum PRs that would interfere, killing town will statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not. Offing lurkers is more beneficial than normal, I think.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

You're not posting like you normally do and it's bothering me. It is, in essence, a gut read.

h
o
w

d
o
e
s

t
h
i
s

i
n
d
i
c
a
t
e

a
l
i
g
n
m
e
n
t

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i'm trying to not be an rear end in a top hat but some of these arguments make me want to throw things and call people bad names. am i posting different than i do when i'm town, presumably? over what sample size? in what way? are those behaviors scummy by themselves?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Somberbrero posted:

i'm trying to not be an rear end in a top hat but some of these arguments make me want to throw things and call people bad names. am i posting different than i do when i'm town, presumably? over what sample size? in what way? are those behaviors scummy by themselves?

My completely unscientific (based on 3-4 games tops) meta on you is that you act emotionally invested when you're town, and low-effort/detached when scum. The post I'm quoting, along with some of the votes on you seeming :bandwagon:'y makes me lean town. If anything I might put it out there that you'd be a good cop target for N1.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also my room has one lurker and I'm in favor of hitting a lurker instead of Somber if possible. Assuming no scum PRs that would interfere, killing town will statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not. Offing lurkers is more beneficial than normal, I think.

Wouldn't killing anyone statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not?

Also, let's name names - I agere with your general point, but which people are you referring to when you say "hit a lurker"?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Ernie. posted:

Can you rehash this? I honestly don't understand what you mean here.

And, uh...can we get a prod on some people? For a game whose D1 deadline was supposed to be yesterday, there's been almost nothing from Hal, Hiipfire, Mac, Meinberg, or PMom which makes it a bit tough to play the game.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What are your thoughts on voting one of those people instead of Somber? Somber came in and very strongly and forcefully argued against Asiina's vote plans. Would a scum player want to be so visible? I'm not really feeling it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Joe joe, can you give me your top three scum picks?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Wait, why does anyone think Byers is town? I don't have time to push a case but I'm getting a gut scum read off him and again, he hasn't really pushed much relevant alignment discussion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

Not really, but I do remember I had a couple points I wanted to go over last night. I'll do a quick read. I wish there was more to push because as it is I'm going to be lunched.

It doesn't look like you ever revisited this.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Joe joe, can you give me your top three scum picks?

uhhhhh, not really

I'm pretty much lost as to scum right now. I think the major interactions are town-town this game, so if I were to pick top 3, it'd just be throwing the lurkers into a hat and pick out 3 of them.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Somberbrero posted:

I think the issue here is that you are of the opinion that there's Town setup speculation and Scum setup speculation. On day one, I think setup speculation is almost always anti-town behavior regardless of alignment. The different system here does not change that.

I'm willing to concede the first part of this, but not the last. I feel that this game demands setup speculation to properly handle our voting/ballot passing/etc. I believe that scum will win this game because people like you refused to take part. I agreed to play anyway because I decided I'd do my best to win anyway and enjoy the schadenfreude and getting to say I told you so if we lose.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm interested in lunching scum and none of the work presented helped accomplish that.

And I'm still not seeing you actually be the change you want to see. Where is your scum hunting? Your JJ case is weak and low effort and I haven't really seen anything since.

Somberbrero posted:

I also don't see how your argument makes any sense for me as scum. You know that laziness is not indicative of alignment. You may be annoyed at my play but I don't see how you can actually think that I'm scum because of it.

I don't recall saying anything about laziness. I specifically believed you to be acting against town solving things because as scum you wanted us to remain low information. I still find it anti town, but I'm having second thoughts about you as scum. I now also think it is possible you are just being a punk. ;) I'm willing to pursue one of our lurkers instead for this vote so that we keep people in the game who are willing to post and be read.

##unvote

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
And really, this kind of setup-spec madness is the perfect smokescreen to lurker scum to hide in.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
People have ~big emotions~ about ~democrazy~ (originally a typo but I decided not to change it)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Little Mac posted:

I'm treating it like we picked option C. I announced my room in thread(or asiina did), I announced how my ballot is going to, and I discussed how I was voting for in my room.

Side note, that the room discussion has been worthless because of lurkers. There is pretty much only one person participating in my room, maybe two if you want to stretch it. So god knows what is going to go down with that one.

This is part of why I'd like to switch to taking out lurkers now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, fyi, that I submitted my ballot.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

What are your thoughts on voting one of those people instead of Somber? Somber came in and very strongly and forcefully argued against Asiina's vote plans. Would a scum player want to be so visible? I'm not really feeling it.

Hey FL, do you have any opinions on scum? You've said a lot, but none of it has been about mafia things yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you rehash this? I honestly don't understand what you mean here.

And, uh...can we get a prod on some people? For a game whose D1 deadline was supposed to be yesterday, there's been almost nothing from Hal, Hiipfire, Mac, Meinberg, or PMom which makes it a bit tough to play the game.

Little Mac said he'll be back with content tonight. I'd be willing to consider all of the others, and possibly still Little Mac if he doesn't really come back.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

A reminder that in addition to the deadline for today being in 5 hours or so, the deadline for the following day is only 24 hours later. We don't have time to gently caress off and not post. Hopefully everyone comes out of the woodwork tonight.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

King Burgundy posted:

Hey FL, do you have any opinions on scum? You've said a lot, but none of it has been about mafia things yet.
Well, like I said, I don't feel like Somber's behavior is particularly scummy. I'd like to boot a lurker also. I don't think anyone has said anything that looks particularly scummy, which is why I'd like to target the lurkers. I do think scum could hide publicly in setup spec chat, acting townie by discussing set up strategy because it could help build town cred. But there's no one in particular whose posts about the set up ring particularly shady to me.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'd say Pmom is a p. good lurker target

##vote Pmom

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fast Luck posted:

Well, like I said, I don't feel like Somber's behavior is particularly scummy. I'd like to boot a lurker also. I don't think anyone has said anything that looks particularly scummy, which is why I'd like to target the lurkers. I do think scum could hide publicly in setup spec chat, acting townie by discussing set up strategy because it could help build town cred. But there's no one in particular whose posts about the set up ring particularly shady to me.

The amusing thing about this, is currently this description also fits you. ;) You are not tied to anyone by your posts yet(except maybe Somber now) as you've mostly just shot the poo poo or talked setup.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Hmm, lemme think. (I'll vote by deadline, promise) [b]##unvote[/b[

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

##unvote

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I still like Somber as a D1 target but gut is telling me to put some thought down first

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Sorry, just got in, catching up now. How much time do we have?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hi I just got out of an exam, what's going on

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Sorry, just got in, catching up now. How much time do we have?

4 hours-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh we have until midnightish so I'll post when I get home

• Locked thread