Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because a world with no Iranian state is preferable to a world with a nuclear Iran.

The first one won't happen unless Congress continues to be gently caress wits. The second one is ANY DAY NOW that also won't happen unless Iran does something really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Thanks, I'll try and watch it.

I know you don't care about anyone who isn't American or Israeli (and only then if they vote/live in Chicago), but I'm very sure those 60 million Iranians would be pleased as punch to watch America bomb them and I'm very sure that they wouldn't do anything to retaliate against the navy that would certainly be sitting in the Persian Gulf bombing them, and I'm even more sure that this would totally not vindicate the idea that Iran needs a nuclear weapon in the eyes of the Iranian leadership and people, no sirree.

Let's just hope Malaysia Airlines is smart and avoids the US Navy in the Persian Gulf if MIGF gets his way...

Caros
May 14, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because a world with no Iranian state is preferable to a world with a nuclear Iran.

Why? Why is the suffering of millions of Iranians preferable to Iran getting a nuclear weapon that they will never, ever use.

Because you can't bully them and make blustering threats if they have a nuke?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Caros posted:

Why? Why is the suffering of millions of Iranians preferable to Iran getting a nuclear weapon that they will never, ever use.

Because Iran getting a nuke guarantees they will continue to attack American interests. I'd rather 60 million Iranians die than one US embassy be bombed by Iranian state actors.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because Iran getting a nuke guarantees they will continue to attack American interests. I'd rather 60 million Iranians die than one US embassy be bombed by Iranian state actors.
MIGF wants genocide.

Film at 11.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Caros posted:

Because his paycheck is dependent on it.

My Imaginary GF posted:

And now we add genocide to the list of MIGFs foreign policy objectives.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Gravel Gravy posted:

And now we add genocide to the list of MIGFs foreign policy objectives.

You're either with us or against us.

Caros
May 14, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

So you are a sociopath with no measure of value for human life unless it is American life. That is pretty hosed up dude. Get help.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

I can guarantee you that if an Iranian state actor bombed a US embassy with a nuke at least 77.45 million Iranians will die. Probably a lot of other people will die in the immediate vicinity as well since maintaining the stigma of nuclear weapons being the worst thing any country can do is essential to the relatively global stability we've had since we dropped the first two.

vvv Holy poo poo! An unironic Untermensch callout vvv

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Caros posted:

So you are a sociopath with no measure of value for human life unless it is American life. That is pretty hosed up dude. Get help.

American lives matter. The lives of citizens of America's allies matter, and their safety is an interest of the united states. The lives of terrorists and citizens of rogue states are forefeit until they earn them back.

A Winner is Jew posted:

I can guarantee you that if an Iranian state actor bombed a US embassy with a nuke at least 77.45 million Iranians will die. Probably a lot of other people will die in the immediate vicinity as well since maintaining the stigma of nuclear weapons being the worst thing any country can do is essential to the relatively global stability we've had since we dropped the first two.

What if they bombed a US embassy, while Iran possessed a nuke? What if Iran carried out 9/11, while Iran possessed a nuke?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

What if they bombed a US embassy, while Iran possessed a nuke? What if Iran carried out 9/11, while Iran possessed a nuke?

Only Russia and maybe China could survive a US nuclear assault long enough to hit back, if it came to that.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

American lives matter. The lives of citizens of America's allies matter, and their safety is an interest of the united states. The lives of terrorists and citizens of rogue states are forefeit until they earn them back.

If 'if's and 'but's were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ReidRansom posted:

Only Russia and maybe China could survive a US nuclear assault long enough to hit back, if it came to that.

Would Israel?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
War doesn't follow smoke em if you got em rules migf.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
A Nuclear Iran isn't a threat to Israel or the U.S.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That's Israel's problem, not the US. We're not here to fight Israel's wars.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

My Imaginary GF posted:

What if aliens did 9/11.

Nuke space, just to be sure.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Getting nuclear weapon 6000 miles across the ocean is somewhat challenging.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Unless...

maybe Israel goes early bird and decides to allow itself to be annexed.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Maybe they can get some sort of defense system, perhaps some sort of semi-spherical, metal-like covering?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Venom Snake posted:

A Nuclear Iran isn't a threat to Israel or the U.S.

Not a threat to the US sure, but Israel would have to publicly declare that they had nuclear weapons, and then Saudi Arabia would totally want them to.

What if aliens did 9/11.

That's "It's the only way to be sure" you philistine!

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Didn't know that the life's purpose of an Iranian citizen was to gain your acceptance. It's like high school all over again.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

What if aliens did 9/11.

Well, yes, I support funding for those programs. Don't you?

ReidRansom posted:

Unless...

maybe Israel goes early bird and decides to allow itself to be annexed.

See! This is why a nuclear iran cannot exist! Because individuals like you would throw Israel's existance under the bus.

Phlairdon posted:

Didn't know that the life's purpose of an Iranian citizen was to gain your acceptance. It's like high school all over again.

The best method to gain American acceptance would be for Iranians to restore the Shah or appropriate governing institutions.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Why are people engaging with MIGF like these are real opinions and not just him trolling out of boredom?

My bet is he doesn't like the avatar someone bought him and is trying to bait one of you into buying his old one back

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So when did Rahm give his account to Bibi?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

See! This is why a nuclear iran cannot exist! Because individuals like you would throw Israel's existance under the bus.

And individuals such as yourself are the reason why a nuclear Iran might exist when you openly advocate holocaust.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Gravel Gravy posted:

And individuals such as yourself are the reason why a nuclear Iran might exist when you openly advocate holocaust.

I wouldn't advocate nuking Iran if they agreed to the terms of a good deal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
At least Amergin is fun to argue with, he parrots actual conservative talking points. This troll is just a mundane attempt at baiting the USPol thread.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Also we can't talk about nuking space without mentioning the hilarious clusterfuck that was operation plumbbob and how that lead to the Orion project, the space colonization plan for those who have the hard eyes realism and grit to do what really must be done to get our species to the stars

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

What? No, their continued existence would be guaranteed virtually indefinitely, as a state within the US, just like all the others. That's my offer, if I'm the one making them, and the same I would extend as a courtesy to all other rogue states.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Fried Chicken posted:

Also we can't talk about nuking space without mentioning the hilarious clusterfuck that was operation plumbbob and how that lead to the Orion project, the space colonization plan for those who have the hard eyes realism and grit to do what really must be done to get our species to the stars
That was the greatest dumb idea.

"Let's just nuke [HAPLESS COUNTRY THAT WE PAY OR INVADE TO COLONIZE SPACE FROM] so that a spaceship can fly to Mars."

Caros
May 14, 2008

My Imaginary GF posted:

So to be clear, what you are saying is that these people here don't deserve to live. If they live, great, if we have to hit them with a 2000lbs bomb that rends them limb from limb as part of devastating their energy sector you are also fine with that. These people who have done nothing wrong to you, who you have actively wronged for generations in the form of throwing over their democratically elected government, in the form of propagating a war between them and their neighbors, in the form of destabilizing their entire region through pointless and costly military invasions, these are the people who have to earn their right to not be murdered by you.

You have a hosed up god complex. Every time I see you post poo poo like this I have to pray you are a troll because it causes me very real stress to think that there is someone in the world who is okay with murdering sixty million people if it might possibly at some point prevent an attack on americans. You have no sense of proportionality and your lack of regard for the lives of others is literally frightening.

Look at those people who you are okay with brutally murdering. Then get help.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

Oh, So now we are discussing diplomacy. That's good. What is this better deal you and Netanyahu keep referring to?

Now here we have a relatively moderate Rouhani trying to reign in Iran while the Ayatollah and IRG are pushing for greater capability. Undermining the talks here you aren't just hurting the US diplomatic integrity but also the recently elected, more moderate Rouhani. Once these talks are sabotaged do you think he or any other future candidate will be eager to go back to the table?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

It's too bad the Outer Space Treaty prohibits countries from putting weapons of mass destruction in orbit around earth though since sending Orion drive propelled generation ships would really help to solve a ton of overpopulation and environmental issues we have right now.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Gravel Gravy posted:

Oh, So now we are discussing diplomacy. That's good. What is this better deal you and Netanyahu keep referring to?

Total unconditional surrender of all nuclear materials to the State of Israel. For safe-keeping don't you know.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

My Imaginary GF posted:

I'd rather 60 million Iranians die than one US embassy be bombed by Iranian state actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhYgeGT_vcU&t=58s

My Imaginary GF posted:

Whew, I'm glad that the difference between peace and nuclear destruction is "a good deal".

Oh poo poo, I'm getting trolled aren't I.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Caros posted:

So to be clear, what you are saying is that these people here don't deserve to live. If they live, great, if we have to hit them with a 2000lbs bomb that rends them limb from limb as part of devastating their energy sector you are also fine with that. These people who have done nothing wrong to you, who you have actively wronged for generations in the form of throwing over their democratically elected government, in the form of propagating a war between them and their neighbors, in the form of destabilizing their entire region through pointless and costly military invasions, these are the people who have to earn their right to not be murdered by you.

You have a hosed up god complex. Every time I see you post poo poo like this I have to pray you are a troll because it causes me very real stress to think that there is someone in the world who is okay with murdering sixty million people if it might possibly at some point prevent an attack on americans. You have no sense of proportionality and your lack of regard for the lives of others is literally frightening.

Look at those people who you are okay with brutally murdering. Then get help.

Sometimes people have to die for no fault of their own. It happens. If they don't want it to happen, they have the capacity to GTFO or work to install a moderate regime in accord with American interests.

How many would you have killed to stop 9/11? Ten people? Five thousand folks? A million? Point is, when you have to stop an attack like that, the priority of American officials is to protect America at any cost. Any cost, including having to live with ourselves after destroying all Iranian institutions from the continued pages of history.

It is a shame that individuals will die for no fault of their own, and a failing of their leadership. If they had better leadership, America would not be forced to eliminate Iranian infrastructure and permanent energy production capacity.

What do you expect to happen if Iran commits to acquiring a nuclear bomb? Once you bomb them, you have to bomb to win---you destroy their refining capacity, their production wells, their nuclear sites and power production facilities. Tens of millions could die as a result. This is why Iran must sign a deal that can pass the current Congress. If they refuse to, then we cannot guarantee Iranian lives will continue to benefit from American protection against the consequences of Iranian policy.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

"American protection"

If by American protection you mean not letting go of the leash of the mad dog the US fostered.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Gravel Gravy posted:

If by American protection you mean not letting go of the leash of the mad dog the US fostered.

Marines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Are US marines actively protecting Iran?

• Locked thread