Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Ernie. posted:

his follow-up unvoting is too thick to lay on for scum

How so? He made a defense that was, itself, indefensible. At that point, your only options are to double down or bail, he chose to bail. I don't see where hoping to be forgiven is something scum would never do.

Somberbrero posted:

King, Ernie, do you two remember The Grand Hotel Budapest? Do you remember how I spent a lot of day one trying to break that silly cash/item mechanic to try and keep all the money in town hands?

None of that was poor reasoning. None of it was really wrong. However, I was scum and it let me establish an early and effective town leadership position. That distraction, along with many many other distractions, kept the town from ever getting their act together.

I think, almost exactly, one of the town players said "Well I can't imagine that scum would put so much effort into trying to break the game."

This is irrelevant, and that Somber felt the need to even make this argument pings my scumdar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I think the issue here is that you are of the opinion that there's Town setup speculation and Scum setup speculation. On day one, I think setup speculation is almost always anti-town behavior regardless of alignment. The different system here does not change that. I'm interested in lunching scum and none of the work presented helped accomplish that. In fact I'd be willing to say that it has significantly set back discussion.

I also don't see how your argument makes any sense for me as scum. You know that laziness is not indicative of alignment. You may be annoyed at my play but I don't see how you can actually think that I'm scum because of it.

The set-up has a unique item in it that could potentially help town find scum and clear other town members in how the ballots are handled. Scum would absolutely not want us to try ballot tracking because of the mechanics. That's why it is scummy.

Murmur Twin posted:

Because the fact that there is such a bandwagon on Somber (while Mac's, Meinberg's and PMom's relative lurkiness go unquestioned) on D1 is suspicious. At least, that's my answer.

D1 weekend lurking, two of three from known D1 lurkers. I'm going to deal with them tomorrow.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I think we generally agreed that being completely open in the thread would do more harm than good.

No, we never came to a consensus at all because people like JJ and Somber completely stonewalled.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You know, whatever. What do you want me to do again?

I don't really want to go for JJ right now but I'm at a loss otherwise. My gut says Pmush.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

You know, whatever. What do you want me to do again?

I don't really want to go for JJ right now but I'm at a loss otherwise. My gut says Pmush.

Pmush is another lurker I'd go for.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also my room has one lurker and I'm in favor of hitting a lurker instead of Somber if possible. Assuming no scum PRs that would interfere, killing town will statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not. Offing lurkers is more beneficial than normal, I think.

Roleblocker Room Voter 4 is scum. Also won't tell us anything, but yeah, scum.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Really, just murder all PMXes

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

jon joe posted:

Pmush is another lurker I'd go for.
You realize I replaced Taste just yesterday, right?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

You realize I replaced Taste just yesterday, right?

Oh, you're a replacement? No, I did not notice. Disregard.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

Oh, you're a replacement? No, I did not notice. Disregard.
With that in mind, how do you feel about Somber's read on me?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

With that in mind, how do you feel about Somber's read on me?

It's a gut read. :)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Byers2142 posted:

No, we never came to a consensus at all because people like JJ and Somber completely stonewalled.

This was what I thought and I still kinda think it's okay being open. As I said earlier, I admitted I have a roleblock ballot. What does scum gain from knowing that? Not a thing. Only town gains from knowing who voted what.

On the subject of the day's plorp, I don't really have a strong read one way or another on anyone. Somber has the most votes and he was pushed at first by KB and there's a bunch of really loving lame and weak votes on him, especially after KB unvoted and dropped it. I was thinking at first that PMush had replaced Asiina and there's no loving way I'd vote Asiina after that meltdown but he replaced TT and I could go for that. After his opening post, which is an easy vote on Somber, he pretty much posts nothing of value. Somber comes off as mostly townie to me, personally, so if I were going to drop a vote anywhere it'd be PMush.

I would vote Jon Joe for being so anti-helpfuk to using the mechanics to break the game. I think it's in our best interests to be open and honest with our votes and what we do, personally, because once those votes are done it's not like scum can do anything to harm us unless they can, like, manipulate votes after the fact or something. Which would make no sense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

jon joe posted:

It's a gut read. :)
You think it's genuine, then?

A gut read about a gutread. :v:

If we're gonna Ecco Gambit this one, I'm alright with PMom as a target, though I'm still really feeling Somber.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

i'm trying to not be an rear end in a top hat but some of these arguments make me want to throw things and call people bad names. am i posting different than i do when i'm town, presumably? over what sample size? in what way? are those behaviors scummy by themselves?

Burn meta cases/defenses. Seriously, all of them. SA's become so enamored with meta that it's now worthless.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Little Mac posted:

I was thinking at first that PMush had replaced Asiina and there's no loving way I'd vote Asiina after that meltdown but he replaced TT and I could go for that. After his opening post, which is an easy vote on Somber, he pretty much posts nothing of value. Somber comes off as mostly townie to me, personally, so if I were going to drop a vote anywhere it'd be PMush.
Her. :eng101:

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I apologize again. I'm bad at this. :(

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

You think it's genuine, then?

A gut read about a gutread. :v:

If we're gonna Ecco Gambit this one, I'm alright with PMom as a target, though I'm still really feeling Somber.

Yeah, it's genuine. It's also ironic because you were dug into for gut reading.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

I would vote Jon Joe for being so anti-helpfuk to using the mechanics to break the game. I think it's in our best interests to be open and honest with our votes and what we do, personally, because once those votes are done it's not like scum can do anything to harm us unless they can, like, manipulate votes after the fact or something. Which would make no sense.

I don't feel the game can be broken. I think it's not in our best interests to be open and honest with our ballot passes. I do think the scum can manipulate passes. This is why I am against the plan.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

I don't feel the game can be broken. I think it's not in our best interests to be open and honest with our ballot passes. I do think the scum can manipulate passes. This is why I am against the plan.

But MMM pretty much said after re-opening the thread that arguing about how best to manipulate this system is what the game is all about so it HAS to be able to be broken.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

But MMM pretty much said after re-opening the thread that arguing about how best to manipulate this system is what the game is all about so it HAS to be able to be broken.

I think we have two different reads on what MMM said and what that means.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

jon joe posted:

You've not been able to detail a single solid reason to think this.

Also, something's happening in the Roleblock Room. Something that might be big for today's vote for lynch.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

You've not been able to detail a single solid reason to think this.

Sorry if my reasoning has been too implicit, here is my single solid reason:

I have trust in MMM as a game designer and balancer too much to believe that he would allow his game to be broken in such a way.

To further expound, this comes from my work with him in designing games for OWURG.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Furthermore, it is the Word of Mod in the votedocs that revealing things may be a bad idea.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Porpoise!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I hope my previous two posts have elucidated for you my reasoning.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

Furthermore, it is the Word of Mod in the votedocs that revealing things may be a bad idea.

I don't believe in Mod.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

jon joe posted:

I hope my previous two posts have elucidated for you my reasoning.

I have a hard time buying that MMM would have thought of everything here and we should kick the tires to see if we can get an advantage. You're basing your decision, at the end of the day, on MMM being a flawless game designer.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Just got home, should be around for deadline.

Byers2142 posted:

Also, something's happening in the Roleblock Room. Something that might be big for today's vote for lynch.

:munch:

Summary for those of us not in the loop?

Little Mac posted:

I don't believe in Mod.

You're an SA-theist?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Roleblocker Room Voter 4 is scum. Also won't tell us anything, but yeah, scum.

Is this a read or a proof thing (ex: he slipped up and said 'I am groot scum'

Without revealing which room I'm in, I've got my own read on one of the voters there.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

I have a hard time buying that MMM would have thought of everything here and we should kick the tires to see if we can get an advantage. You're basing your decision, at the end of the day, on MMM being a flawless game designer.

Not a flawless one. A capable one. Coupled with this warning, I believe this to be sufficient reason to not reveal what ballot one holds en mass, or to reveal who one is passing ballots to. I think discussing of targets in this chat is good, though.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Murmur Twin posted:

You're an SA-theist?

More like a Gasnostic.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

:munch:

Summary for those of us not in the loop?

People posting in other people's columns.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

People posting in other people's columns.

I am going to assume this is little mac trolling for fun (regardless of alignment) until proven otherwise.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Right now, we know that roleblockers are Little Mac, KB, and me in this thread. Someone in the doc said they were Meinberg, in Little Mac's column. Someone else (based on the writing style) posted a bunch of bullshit in Little Mac's column as well.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

I am going to assume this is little mac trolling for fun (regardless of alignment) until proven otherwise.

Quite the opposite, actually!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

jon joe posted:

Little Mac is the victim. :psyduck:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Little Mac is the victim. :psyduck:

The perfect crime. :)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Somber, I'll stop voting you if you tell me what room you're in. I'm hunting for the Roleblock Room, Voter 4.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Somber, I'll stop voting you if you tell me what room you're in. I'm hunting for the Roleblock Room, Voter 4.

Do you really think this unknown person's behavior is scummier than your main scum target? Furthermore, what about this behavior's is indicative of scumminess rather than trolling? Finally, shouldn't we give this person an opportunity to just claim who they are in thread and claim why they did what they did? (hint: they were having fun)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

May not be here for deadline. ##vote pmush

• Locked thread