Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

May not be here for deadline. ##vote pmush

Why Pmush?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

jon joe posted:

Do you really think this unknown person's behavior is scummier than your main scum target? Furthermore, what about this behavior's is indicative of scumminess rather than trolling? Finally, shouldn't we give this person an opportunity to just claim who they are in thread and claim why they did what they did? (hint: they were having fun)

There is a person in our room that faked a conversation with themself. Yeah, that's scummier than Somber.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Nevermind, I read your post that was about me (I read the parts that weren't about me)

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

There is a person in our room that faked a conversation with themself. Yeah, that's scummier than Somber.

What is scummy, rather than funny, about this behavior?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

jon joe posted:

What is scummy, rather than funny, about this behavior?

If you're scum wanting to fake a little content in the room, would you rather have to do so in conversation with a real person, or post a straw man you can have the conversation with? And if someone catches you, wouldn't you be happy to hide behind anonymity?

##vote Meinberg

And if there is anonymity, would scum maybe have a little fun with throwing their own name out there and later claiming it was a ruse?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

I'm the one being accused of this and um

I didn't do that

and also "hi i'm a chameleon" is hardly incriminating

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Byers, I live in doctor box.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

If you're scum wanting to fake a little content in the room, would you rather have to do so in conversation with a real person, or post a straw man you can have the conversation with? And if someone catches you, wouldn't you be happy to hide behind anonymity?

##vote Meinberg

And if there is anonymity, would scum maybe have a little fun with throwing their own name out there and later claiming it was a ruse?

Whoever this person is, they did a great job giving the thread entertainment based on your reaction alone. I rate their actions 5 out 5 mr. capps, the official measurement of something awful mafia funniness.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's quiet in doctorbox.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

Whoever this person is, they did a great job giving the thread entertainment based on your reaction alone. I rate their actions 5 out 5 mr. capps, the official measurement of something awful mafia funniness.

Alternatively you and/or little mac are scum attempting to bait our room claims by staging this. :shrug: (if so, good job!)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

jon joe posted:

capps is a crazy person. Also, PMom and I just did a test of the Google attribution system, and it sucks.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Byers2142 posted:

capps is a crazy person. Also, PMom and I just did a test of the Google attribution system, and it sucks.
I just sign into the thing with an Incognito window, and then stop paying attention entirely. :shrug:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fix your programming, Google!

##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

for the thread's benefit, I'm going to reproduce the alleged faked conversation:

1. this is voter 1, wassup

5. hi
I have to warn you that I have access to very powerful forensic linguistics software

1. is cool. im a chameloen.

that's it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

for the thread's benefit, I'm going to reproduce the alleged faked conversation:

1. this is voter 1, wassup

5. hi
I have to warn you that I have access to very powerful forensic linguistics software

1. is cool. im a chameloen.

that's it.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

Cool.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i wanna kill hal ##vote hal

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

i wanna kill hal ##vote hal

If I may ask the world's most frustrating question, why?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just sign into the thing with an Incognito window, and then stop paying attention entirely. :shrug:

What we found is if two people enter data close enough together, it just attributes to one person. Someone was lazy that day...

We've still got the utterly silent Voter 4, who is apparently also lurking in the doc but visible. He left soon after I called him out.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

he popped in, made a sarcastic snip at ernie, and then said "oh we have to vote Ernie now" and the whole thing is super sketchy. it doesn't look like a real opinion.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Pinterest Mom posted:

and also "hi i'm a chameleon" is hardly incriminating

However, acting like one (in the context of Mafia) kind of is.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

he popped in, made a sarcastic snip at ernie, and then said "oh we have to vote Ernie now" and the whole thing is super sketchy. it doesn't look like a real opinion.

Yeah, no, not seeing that. Sorry.

I would still vote him though because he's a lurker, but because you're my current lurker vote, I'm sticking there until I have good reason otherwise (namely, more people on another lurker vote)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Yeah, I'm not going to be up much longer, and I don not like Somber's play today. At all.

##vote Somber

Roleblock Room, Voter 4 is scum. I wish I knew who that was so I could vote them. Your precious anonymity is protecting scum, JJ!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to be up much longer, and I don not like Somber's play today. At all.

##vote Somber

Roleblock Room, Voter 4 is scum. I wish I knew who that was so I could vote them. Your precious anonymity is protecting scum, JJ!

Hey, I may want anonymity, but you all know my room. I have nothing to do with the current situation.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

jon joe posted:

Hey, I may want anonymity, but you all know my room. I have nothing to do with the current situation.

Well, other than laugh. I have that to do.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

##vote Somber

Voter 4 may still be meinburg, who may have misposted in voter 1's column midway through.

His lack of presence in the doc would also be very meinburg like.

I mean, bottom line, either Voter 4 is Meinberg, or one of our mystery voter 1 chatters said they were Meinberg for some reason.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Pmom.... no!

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

##vote wall monitor

Or was it... a gambit!?!?!!!??!

Meinberg posted:

My only concern with a truly open sharing of information is that it would allow scum, whatever their powers are, to be more efficient at using them.

The roleblock power seems like it could be potentially very powerful, if the scum are the ones whose abilities are more tied to a single user, but that with the random distribution of action, that it could also prove to be accidentally disastrous. Still, I don't think there's an option to not use a given power on a night.

This is the entirety of Meinberg's non-jokeposting so far. Fingering me for something I think was kinda weak, then making a single statement of speculation about scumpowers.

Yeah, I'm feeling good about this one.

##vote Meinberg

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi Hal, help us find the scum!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote PMom

I feel like we would have seen more contribution to scumhunting by now if he was town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:shrug: see above re: exam. i had a big paper due and an exam on the same day. i got out 90 minutes ago, went grocery shopping.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

wall monitor posted:

This is the entirety of Meinberg's non-jokeposting so far. Fingering me for something I think was kinda weak, then making a single statement of speculation about scumpowers.

Yeah, I'm feeling good about this one.

##vote Meinberg

This is where I'm at for the moment.

I'm still willing to consider other things though. We've got about 2 and a half hours.

##vote Meinberg

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal is the player whose posts pinged me most when I read the thread

This isn't scum Somber.

I'm giving my rb ballot to KB.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hello this game

Mac voting pmush is pretty bad ##vote Mac

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I feel like Hal and PMom have both at least shown that they're online and reading the game by posting here in the last hour, and they still haven't contributed. PMush is also suspicious - yeah she subbed in, but there's been plenty of time at this point and I feel like she's just kind of jumping on easy/existing cases. My preference would be to lunch one and then cop/roleblock the other two.

Meinberg simply hasn't been here, and glancing at his post history it seems like he hasn't been here since yesterday. If anything I feel like he'll eat a modkill (or get subbed) soon, which would make him a waste of a lunch.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

:shrug: see above re: exam. i had a big paper due and an exam on the same day. i got out 90 minutes ago, went grocery shopping.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hal is the player whose posts pinged me most when I read the thread

This isn't scum Somber.

I'm giving my rb ballot to KB.

Upgrading you to null-leaning-scum~

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What is the case on Meinberg?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Murmur Twin posted:

Upgrading you to null-leaning-scum~

##vote Hal

Murder 2 win... noooooooooo

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Can someone post votefinder? I'm on a phone.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like Hal and PMom have both at least shown that they're online and reading the game by posting here in the last hour, and they still haven't contributed. PMush is also suspicious - yeah she subbed in, but there's been plenty of time at this point and I feel like she's just kind of jumping on easy/existing cases. My preference would be to lunch one and then cop/roleblock the other two.

Meinberg simply hasn't been here, and glancing at his post history it seems like he hasn't been here since yesterday. If anything I feel like he'll eat a modkill (or get subbed) soon, which would make him a waste of a lunch.

I don't disagree with the top part of your post re:Hal and Pmush at least. PMom is at least talking in the doc now even if still not saying much in thread.

I disagree with the second part because my experience has been Mods take for loving ever to clear out lurkers. I want people around who are playing and posting and talking in the docs. People we can read and get things out of.

So, Meinberg is #1 at not being those things at the moment, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

Can someone post votefinder? I'm on a phone.

The Current Day 1 Votecount

Somberbrero (3): King Burgundy, wall monitor, Poison Mushroom, Byers2142, Epsilon Plus, -King Burgundy, -wall monitor, -Byers2142, Byers2142
Hal Incandenza (2): Pinterest Mom, Murmur Twin
jon joe (2): HiipFire, Somberbrero
Meinberg (2): Byers2142, -Byers2142, wall monitor, King Burgundy
Little Mac (1): jon joe, -jon joe, Ernie.
wall monitor (1): Meinberg, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., Byers2142, -Epsilon Plus, -Byers2142, -Ernie.
Pinterest Mom (1): jon joe, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
Poison Mushroom (1): Little Mac
Ernie. (0): wall monitor, -wall monitor, jon joe, -jon joe
Epsilon Plus (0): Ernie., -Ernie.

Not Voting (2): Fast Luck, Hal Incandenza

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 37 minutes.

Hiipfire is currently beating Epsilon Plus by 8 to 7

• Locked thread