Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Meinberg posted:

I don't see the PMush case myself, could anyone explain it to me?
I entered with some wordy opinions, then disappeared for a day, which the case on me says is evidence that I was being disingenuous (and thus scummy), since I apparently didn't have anything else to share but what I said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My ballot doc is totally lame

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Poison Mushroom posted:

I entered with some wordy opinions, then disappeared for a day, which the case on me says is evidence that I was being disingenuous (and thus scummy), since I apparently didn't have anything else to share but what I said.

how dare you

##vote little mac

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poison Mushroom posted:

I do not like it when people choose to be the one to (dismissively) state the case on themselves when some asks for a summary

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

When Somber calls him out, Jon Joe attempts to shift attention onto Somber.

I'm curious which posts you read this in?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

jon joe posted:

I'm curious which posts you read this in?

Looking back over your posts, it doesn't appear to be there. That particular aspect of my opinion may have just emerged as a result of the speed of my re-read.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Looking back over your posts, it doesn't appear to be there. That particular aspect of my opinion may have just emerged as a result of the speed of my re-read.

Ah, okay. With this in mind, do you still think I am scummy? If so, is it gut?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

jon joe posted:

Ah, okay. With this in mind, do you still think I am scummy? If so, is it gut?

I'm leaning more towards null on you.

This post feels ~weird~

jon joe posted:

Oh, is the deadline that close? Well'p.

I vote for. Little. Mac.

##vote Little Mac

What? You want a reason? Well, it's a lurker vote! Hohoho!

But maybe I need to look at the context in further depth.

In related news, I noticed that Somber's mini-meltdown was in reaction to Epsilon Plus. I don't know how I confused you two.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Holy crap I just remembered hiipfire is playing.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
The Current Day 1 Votecount

Hal Incandenza (3): Pinterest Mom, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy
Somberbrero (2): King Burgundy, wall monitor, Poison Mushroom, Byers2142, Epsilon Plus, -King Burgundy, -wall monitor, -Byers2142, Byers2142, -Poison Mushroom
Little Mac (2): jon joe, -jon joe, Ernie., Meinberg
jon joe (2): HiipFire, Somberbrero
Poison Mushroom (2): Little Mac, Murmur Twin
Pinterest Mom (1): jon joe, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
Meinberg (1): Byers2142, -Byers2142, wall monitor, King Burgundy, -King Burgundy
Ernie. (0): wall monitor, -wall monitor, jon joe, -jon joe
wall monitor (0): Meinberg, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., Byers2142, -Epsilon Plus, -Byers2142, -Ernie., -Meinberg
Epsilon Plus (0): Ernie., -Ernie.

Not Voting (2): Fast Luck, Hal Incandenza

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 9 minutes.

Epsilon Plus is currently beating hiipfire 18 to 13

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

BTW, I'm sending my ballot to King Burgundy.

Upon a re-read, Epsilon Plus doesn't look good.

This is where he starts putting some pressure onto Somber. Admittedly, Somber doesn't react particularly well to this pressure, but I still feel worse about Epsilon in the exchange.

Epsilon Plus posted:

I don't like Somber's posting. I like Somber as a person and I am sad I will not be playing this game with him, but he's acting at the opposite end of the spectrum from Asiina.

##vote Somberbrero

And here he is, advocating for a lurker vote out, not caring whether said lurker is town or not:

Epsilon Plus posted:

Also my room has one lurker and I'm in favor of hitting a lurker instead of Somber if possible. Assuming no scum PRs that would interfere, killing town will statistically put a ballot in town hands more often than not. Offing lurkers is more beneficial than normal, I think.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

Holy crap I just remembered hiipfire is playing.

Hehe, yeah.

We're also an hour out from deadline and FL still hasn't actually put down a scum opinion or vote. C'mon man, it isn't like there isn't a lot here to work with now.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meinberg posted:

Upon a re-read, Epsilon Plus doesn't look good.

This is where he starts putting some pressure onto Somber. Admittedly, Somber doesn't react particularly well to this pressure, but I still feel worse about Epsilon in the exchange.

And here he is, advocating for a lurker vote out, not caring whether said lurker is town or not:

Actually, I had forgotten about him too and think these are good points. The "advocating for a lurker vote out" post in particular felt like scum trying to generate content (see my earlier post on him)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I gave my ballot to Hal already because he was next in the player list below me. Now I'm reading post histories of the top vote-getters. I mean, you say there's a lot to work with here but I'm really not getting anything. Interestingly, with the talk about lurkers and the names getting thrown around, people started forgetting Hiipfire existed (as was pointed out). I just clicked his post history and it's the most useless of anyone's in this game. But I've been in a game with him once before and I guess that's just sort of how he is.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Let's see what happens if I do this:

##vote Epsilon Plus

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Awww thanks Fast Luck, that was really nice of you

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Now I'm kind of confusing myself trying to figure out if I should care who I passed my ballot to when it comes to voting. I guess it doesn't really matter. I'll go ahead and ##vote Hal ... I've written a lot of words in a couple of previous games but this time I'm sort of drawing a blank. Browsing through Hal's posts, they mostly just seem to be sass... Non-serious stuff or poking holes in stuff other people are doing. "Meinberg's not a bad guy" or "Don't you always think Mac is scummy."

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hal Incandenza posted:

Awww thanks Fast Luck, that was really nice of you
LOL, just saw this post. Um, sorry

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Meinberg posted:

##vote Epsilon Plus

You hit! Epsilon Plus's feelings are hurt for 23 damage.

Just got home. Let me check things and see how I feel.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Meinberg posted:

##vote Epsilon Plus

I just re-read Ep+ and while he's suspicious to me I still have both PMs and Ernie as my top picks and would prefer one of those three.

PMom - too lurky to rule him out as scum
PMush - all the stuff she said (plus the tunneling on Somber feels faked, plus Ernie not casing her feels suspicious)
Ernie - I don't think the thought processes behind his cases on WM and Mac warrant his confidence in them

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I just re-read Ep+ and while he's suspicious to me I still have both PMs and Ernie as my top picks and would prefer one of those three.

PMom - too lurky to rule him out as scum
PMush - all the stuff she said (plus the tunneling on Somber feels faked, plus Ernie not casing her feels suspicious)
Ernie - I don't think the thought processes behind his cases on WM and Mac warrant his confidence in them

I have to admit, your Pmush/Ernie thing is the most intriguing thing on the table for me right now. I'm thinking of leaving my final vote on Pmush.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Current Day 1 Votecount

Hal Incandenza (4): Pinterest Mom, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin, Poison Mushroom, King Burgundy, Fast Luck
Somberbrero (2): King Burgundy, wall monitor, Poison Mushroom, Byers2142, Epsilon Plus, -King Burgundy, -wall monitor, -Byers2142, Byers2142, -Poison Mushroom
jon joe (2): HiipFire, Somberbrero
Poison Mushroom (2): Little Mac, Murmur Twin
Little Mac (1): jon joe, -jon joe, Ernie., Meinberg, -Meinberg
Epsilon Plus (1): Ernie., -Ernie., Meinberg
Pinterest Mom (1): jon joe, Murmur Twin, -Murmur Twin
Meinberg (1): Byers2142, -Byers2142, wall monitor, King Burgundy, -King Burgundy
Ernie. (0): wall monitor, -wall monitor, jon joe, -jon joe
wall monitor (0): Meinberg, Epsilon Plus, Ernie., Byers2142, -Epsilon Plus, -Byers2142, -Ernie., -Meinberg

Not Voting (1): Hal Incandenza

:h: With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 31 minutes.

Epsilon Plus is currently beating hiipfire 18 to 13

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

If you haven't already submitted your ballot, you have 30 minutes or less left to do so.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Hi I'm back! Why is Hal in the lead suddenly?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hal came out of nowhere with the "posts like this seem very scummy to me" thing about Mac without really making any comments about people's scumminess or lack thereof previously. He's not defending one of his own cases, and he's not making one, as there was no vote. Just "this seems very scummy". So I have to wonder what the motivation of that post was. To look like he's contributing? I'd vote Hal.

In fact, ##vote Hal Incandenza.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey Hal, you agreed with Asiina on setup stuff, right? Who did you send your ballot to?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And Pmush, that was something you didn't want to share?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

And Pmush, that was something you didn't want to share?
Oh. I sent mine to Ernie.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hrm.... ##vote Somberbrero I guess

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Hey Hal, you agreed with Asiina on setup stuff, right? Who did you send your ballot to?

I sent mine to Ernie

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Would rather vote hal than somb

##vote hal

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Man. I'm super torn. But with Ernie getting all those ballots, I really want confirmation on Pmush now.

##vote Pmush

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ok ##vote Pmush

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

damnit jon joe

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Well Ernie said I was scum because I was trying - which I disagree with, I didn't check my doc until hours before deadline and I still have an incredibly low post count, but I am in less games than I have been/am not running a game right now. Ernie always thinks I'm scum so whatever. I find Hal unreadable always. He doesn't post much and when he does it always seems to be in opposition to whatever side I happen to be taking.

Still sticking with Pmush.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Man. I'm super torn. But with Ernie getting all those ballots, I really want confirmation on Pmush now.

##vote Pmush
Wait, what?

How does that make any sense? You lynch me, which... somehow gives you insight on Ernie's alignment? If I was scum, what would stop me from lying about where I sent it? Or sending it to someone who people think I'm scumbuddies with to make them look bad?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

##vote Pmush

That's kind of a fair point. ##vote Pmush

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Will vote pmush to avoid nolynch, but prefer hal (and more prefer bigger lurkers)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It's plurality vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

jon joe posted:

Will vote pmush to avoid nolynch, but prefer hal (and more prefer bigger lurkers)

No such thing as NL. It's plurality. I think it's first-voted in effect of a tie, too, so we need not worry about double-lynching.

• Locked thread