Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Stupid lovely goonstream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Will the update download overnight if I leave poo poo alone with rest mode activated or will I have to trigger it?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Maytag posted:

PS3, sent a few friend requests out, I should be on 9 pm EST Tuesday.

I will be on as well then.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

How in the world do people make these loops of ramps? Amazing

e: Maze Bank Mega Jump is on now, watch it.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 10, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Can anyone join missions or such things? I've been trying to do races, missions, heck I even tried DEATHMATCH trying to get a job but Rockstar keeps telling me they're down or my data is invalid. Is Heists finally happening?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Maytag posted:

PS3, sent a few friend requests out, I should be on 9 pm EST Tuesday.

I'll be on Thursday night, on vacation until then.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Roadrace going into army compound then police chase race needs to be officially featured.

e: Goliath Escape Artist?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 10, 2015

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Apparently according to randoms on twitter the update's out now on XBone and PS4 :woop:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Icedude posted:

Apparently according to randoms on twitter the update's out now on XBone and PS4 :woop:

Confirming, 4.75 gigs for Euro PS4

From 11 to 12 then 13 minutes left on download :smith:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

gently caress yes, time to Heist (after downloading). Who's up for this poo poo on PS4 LET'S GO

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

MrLonghair posted:

Mine says 4 hours. :suicide:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Mine says 7 hours and i'm on a wired connection with 100mbit internet. the speed test in network settings has never gone above 7Mbps for me when i can download off usenet at a full 12 MBps.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Lucky for me my PS4 only says 102 minutes!

... 103, 104,105, 106, aw gently caress.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I expect to wake up and witness the lamentations of your pixel women.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Policenaut posted:

gently caress yes, time to Heist (after downloading). Who's up for this poo poo on PS4 LET'S GO

i hope i can download in time

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
I've got 16 minutes until download completes, here we go boys!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How do I prompt the update on Xbone?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DMZed the ps4. Got it down to 61 minutes.

I hope you can do this shot alone because I hate people. Might have to play with some of you guys. I'm in the old goon 360 group and have a bunch of goons I don't know in my ps4 friends list.

I just reactivated psn plus and accepted a pile of friend requests.

My tag is powerswift of anyone wants to play with me tonight.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Agoat posted:

How do I prompt the update on Xbone?

Just start the game. It will prompt you for a download.

The XB1 update is clocking in at 4.2 GB for me, and the PS4 is showing up as 4.75 GB. I wonder why there is that much of a size difference between the two?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Aardmania posted:

Just start the game. It will prompt you for a download.

The XB1 update is clocking in at 4.2 GB for me, and the PS4 is showing up as 4.75 GB. I wonder why there is that much of a size difference between the two?

I had to restart my console, lols.

I'll be ready in less than 10 minutes, any goons on the Xbone should add Agoat944 for quick heists.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Done downloading, here we go. :smug:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Restarting the download helps, and it got better after I removed google's 8.8.8.8 DNS from my PS4 settings. 20some minutes I guess.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Just got new non-stolen PS4 - set poo poo up, got my old PSN account hooked up and got the system updates etc etc... go to start up the long, arduous task of installing the game and what's that? A 4.whatever gig patch download?

Man, talk about fuckin' timing. :getin:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

MrLonghair posted:

Restarting the download helps, and it got better after I removed google's 8.8.8.8 DNS from my PS4 settings. 20some minutes I guess.

Wait, what do I do here? Do I replace it was something else or just wipe clean the 8.8.8.8 field?

ed: pausing and resuming kicked mine from 4 hours to 50 minutes. :toot:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 10, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

edit: Glads to see you'll be back in action, Duke.

No way in hell I'm going to be able to play tonight, even though my download should be done in about 20.

Wee needs his beauty sleep. All of the beauty sleep.

See you magnificent PS4 bastards tomorrow night.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Duke Chin posted:

Wait, what do I do here? Do I replace it was something else or just wipe clean the 8.8.8.8 field?

probably although you can set it to dhcp and it should figure it out for you. short of that look on some other device on your network to see what your home network gateway is and set it to that.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

fyodor posted:

probably although you can set it to dhcp and it should figure it out for you. short of that look on some other device on your network to see what your home network gateway is and set it to that.

Yeah I need to clean up my old router's settings and optimize it for PS4 instead of my old rear end Xbox.

Priorities!!!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Duke Chin hurry up and get downloading I need to Heist with you and shoot things

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i can confirm, con and firm, that ps3 is the same old poo poo! woo hoo havin a ball here.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Something happened and it snapped from 13 minutes to 80 seconds remaining. I'll see if I can drop some useful screenshots in here.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Policenaut posted:

Duke Chin hurry up and get downloading I need to Heist with you and shoot things

Imma downloadin' as fast as I can! And I probably still need to "install" the game from disk on the new box.

ed: 36 minutes left nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Sorry for dropping out of the race playlist, but I'd rather get this heist file downloaded and do that.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Who is bjayyz? You a goon? Speak up if you are cause I got friend requested from him a wee bit ago and dunno if he's One Of Us™ or not.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Daily objectives come in threes? Participate in a GTA Race, parachute from 500ft, perform a stunt jump are my three first.

Dumbass forgot how to trigger heists but there are options to replay and cancel them.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

MrLonghair posted:

Dumbass forgot how to trigger heists but there are options to replay and cancel them.

From the room in your apartment I would imagine. I don't recall reading anywhere how to do it.

How about car prices?

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 10, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

1) Did a mission from Lester (Hooray for Buzzard ownership!)
2) Was called up by Trevor, opened up the "hunt down planes" mission
3) Texted by Lester about how he sent some people around to refurnish my Heist room
4) Then called, to go meet him at his shirtshop

Upon leaving the cutscene and area, "Lester will be in contact about the job soon"

Gerald contacted me about taking out cars

FlareGun 5520, $100 for two flares, carries 20, doesn't cause harm, scares people

e: graphical improvements

e: FLAREGUN TINT COLOUR DEFINES COLOUR OF FLARES
e: they can also set you on fire

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 10, 2015

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

MrLonghair posted:

Daily objectives come in threes? Participate in a GTA Race, parachute from 500ft, perform a stunt jump are my three first.

Any idea what the reward is?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Finally finished here, hopping in now.

Also that sucks that the flare gun causes no damage. :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Significan transitional improvements inside and out, you will say wow and also I believe it performs better!

First thing you get unlocked (green colour) is scoping out security, collecting Paige and some equipment from a factory and getting back, requires two players and begins a setup

Doubletap R3 to point

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Tuxedos, coveralls and bio-hazard suits are available to purchase now.

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 10, 2015

• Locked thread