Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Epsilon Plus posted:

I got HiipFire's ballot. I believe I did, at least. I thought he was in my room yesterday but I guess not.

If you were in the doc room, I was the person who wasn't talking in there.
I've been sick the last couple days so I'm gonna PM MMM if he can get a replacement for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HiipFire posted:

If you were in the doc room, I was the person who wasn't talking in there.
I've been sick the last couple days so I'm gonna PM MMM if he can get a replacement for me.

Hey Hiip, sorry you aren't feeling well. Just in case you replace out, can you confirm everything you did? You were in doc room, you sent your ballot to Epsilon, and you voted for who to doc?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Does this mean I win our POSTING DUEL by default

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I also owe Little Mac an explanation about my hard read-claims on Hal. It is, however, 1:30 in the morning right now, so I'm not super lucid. The short version is that I can't think of any legitimate motivation to admit to voting out of self-preservation for its own sake. Therefore, there must be an outside reason. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume that the reason is in-game, rather that out-of-game. (There's no use trying to predict what out-of-game events might cause a reaction, that way lies madness.)

So, operating on what I hope is the reasonable assumption that Hal would not intentionally sabotage himself without good reason, and that his reason for admitting to self-preservation comes from being within the game, I'm left with a very short list of reasons why he would claim such selfish motivations. And at the top of that list, with a loving literal gulf in between it and the second one, is that he's breadcrumbing. And what would you breadcrumb with a line like that, but survivor?

If I'm not misunderstanding you here btw, regardless of alignment, I would always vote anyone over myself to save myself from being cuddled. If I'm town, it is because I'm 100% sure of my alignment and in most cases I don't have that luxury with anyone else, so odds are better of a scum flip on anyone but me. If I'm not town, then my reasoning is super obvious.

Either way, I don't see someone voting with self preservation in mind to be a bad thing.

Having said that, right now I'm leaning Hal as scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Hal, when you see this, please confirm your room and voter # from yesterday.

I am voter 2 from the doctor room

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok. That makes things harder.

No way of knowing which one of Pmush and Hal didn't get their ballot to Ernie.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Did you get any ballots today, Hal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Ok. That makes things harder.

No way of knowing which one of Pmush and Hal didn't get their ballot to Ernie.

Well except that PMush clearly lied and if you need me dead to prove that I'm ok with it.

Also I have two ballots don't turbo me or anything before I get to vote

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hiipfire, vanilla town, has been modkilled. His ballots will be randomly distributed at the end of the day.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 10, 2015

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well except that PMush clearly lied and if you need me dead to prove that I'm ok with it.

Also I have two ballots don't turbo me or anything before I get to vote

Yeah, absolutely no turbos today. We need to make sure everyone votes. And I feel like we need a lot more information sharing today, at the very least about yesterday's actions.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MildManeredManikin posted:

Hiipfire, vanilla town has been modkilled. His ballots will be randomly distributed at the end of the day.

Ugh. :(

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Hiipfire, vanilla town, has been modkilled. His ballots will be randomly distributed at the end of the day.

:ghost: what a bitch :ghost:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

if pmush is lying i'm going to be super frustrated that they're basically setting me up as their scumbo like this >:[

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Okay. Since he's dead and someone's getting it at random now:

I was Voter 5 in the cop room yesterday. I believed Hiipfire was a cop planning on investigating himself, so I breadcrumbed my existence in the room by posting the phrase "lel" in both places. Because that's the kind of poo poo I wouldn't say normally! Hiipfire got my ballot. The cop room is now at four people, so people should be vigilant about discussion there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Okay. Since he's dead and someone's getting it at random now:

I was Voter 5 in the cop room yesterday. I believed Hiipfire was a cop planning on investigating himself, so I breadcrumbed my existence in the room by posting the phrase "lel" in both places. Because that's the kind of poo poo I wouldn't say normally! Hiipfire got my ballot. The cop room is now at four people, so people should be vigilant about discussion there.

Hmmm. Interesting.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I wish the people who got to perform the cop/doc/rb actions weren't sleeping so I could find out the results.

I guess it'll have to wait for tomorrow.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I was in the cop room yesterday. I did not get to do the cop action.

(which is probably for the best since I think at least one person voted for me :v: )

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

wall monitor posted:

I was in the cop room yesterday. I did not get to do the cop action.

(which is probably for the best since I think at least one person voted for me :v: )

I fell asleep early last night. I was #3 in the cop room yesterday, and Wall Monitor is town.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

I fell asleep early last night. I was #3 in the cop room yesterday, and Wall Monitor is town.

On one hand, yay.

On the other hand, this is probably going to continue my endless streak of getting killed N2.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck, Vanilla Town, has been killed.

Players who performed a night action have been PMed a result. Players who have received a ballot have been PMed information. If you are neither of those things, you did not get a PM. Yesterday's rooms are closed but you can still review chat. I put an extra hour on the deadline because of the long processing phase
:ghost: short game :ghost:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Catching up.

King Burgundy posted:

Voter 4 confirmed as Meinberg, just fyi.

##vote Meinberg

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Either you're scum flying under the radar or you're a lurker who went two RL days without posting

Either one is no real loss

Seriously, wall is scum. look at his posts around Ernie. Look at this. This is a call to lynch someone that justifies it by saying what their alignment is doesn't matter.

##vote wall

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

no ballot, no action. vt lyfe.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Seriously, wall is scum. look at his posts around Ernie. Look at this. This is a call to lynch someone that justifies it by saying what their alignment is doesn't matter.

##vote wall

Murmur Twin posted:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

He's concerned with self-preservation. But scum wouldn't be that obvious about it. The only reason to make it that obvious is if he's breadcrumbing for a later Survivor claim.

10 minutes from deadline, everyone is concerned with survival. Are you scum, PMush? Tell me truth, swear on our Survivor bond.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Oh, Wassap.

Bananas.

Turpentine.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

I have the two ballots that I guess two people yesterday said they sent me.

I sent you a roleblocker.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

##vote wall

Are... are you for real?

Pinterest Mom posted:

no ballot, no action. vt lyfe.

Shhh, saying you don't have a ballot narrows down the list of people who do. It's the same reason you don't claim vanilla town.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Alright. Let's get this rolling then.

I think the big three early cuddleleaders are going to be:
1. Me. My entrance was awkward, and I doubled-down on cuddling Somber.
2. Hal. His posting has been opportunistic, and I'd honestly be 100% up for turboing him if it weren't for the ballot thing.
3. Ernie. He's been posting in a way that's made people think he's running interference for me.

I also owe Little Mac an explanation about my hard read-claims on Hal. It is, however, 1:30 in the morning right now, so I'm not super lucid. The short version is that I can't think of any legitimate motivation to admit to voting out of self-preservation for its own sake. Therefore, there must be an outside reason. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume that the reason is in-game, rather that out-of-game. (There's no use trying to predict what out-of-game events might cause a reaction, that way lies madness.)

So, operating on what I hope is the reasonable assumption that Hal would not intentionally sabotage himself without good reason, and that his reason for admitting to self-preservation comes from being within the game, I'm left with a very short list of reasons why he would claim such selfish motivations. And at the top of that list, with a loving literal gulf in between it and the second one, is that he's breadcrumbing. And what would you breadcrumb with a line like that, but survivor?

I sent one of them.

This seems extreme. I don't like how PMush posted at the end of the day, I don't like the call on Hal with 10 minutes to go, especially not when part of PMush's own scrambling was self-preservation.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

All of this posting is noise and serves nothing but a misplaced self-martyrdom hope that misled town will fix their ways. Let me show you how we can do it and let's do what we should have done yesterday ##vote little mac

Do you think PMush is town? After that end of day and the effort post to start D2?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I really wish everyone had claimed their ballot. Would be pretty easy to eliminate a lot of scum pairings now.

Gee, if only you and I had asked everyone to do tha... ohwait.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Hmmm.

##vote PMush

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Are... are you for real?

Yes, advocating a lynch as being a good thing regardless of the target's alignment is a scum move, because it lets them avoid being tied to an alignment call.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I'm trying to decide if Murmur is town or not. I voted for Ernie, if Murmur was #3 then he said he was voting for Ernie... that's two votes. So either #3's ernie talk was intended to throw scum roleblockers/nk off the trail (good idea), everyone else voted WM or the two WM votes got in first to cause a tiebreaker, or Murmur is scum who got a scum result on someone and named me as the false target with town result instead to build up some credit when I do flip town.

:tinfoil:

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Byers2142 posted:

Yes, advocating a lynch as being a good thing regardless of the target's alignment is a scum move, because it lets them avoid being tied to an alignment call.

I don't understand this statement. Could you please rephrase?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

I don't understand this statement. Could you please rephrase?

You said that lynching Meinberg, we either get scum or a town who went off to lurk for 2 IRL days. That's saying that regardless of his alignment, it's a good lynch. But you're making a case that completely removes any responsibility from you to make an alignment read on Meinberg and own it. Either way, you get to say it was a good lynch. That's scummy.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

wall monitor posted:

I'm trying to decide if Murmur is town or not. I voted for Ernie, if Murmur was #3 then he said he was voting for Ernie... that's two votes. So either #3's ernie talk was intended to throw scum roleblockers/nk off the trail (good idea), everyone else voted WM or the two WM votes got in first to cause a tiebreaker, or Murmur is scum who got a scum result on someone and named me as the false target with town result instead to build up some credit when I do flip town.

:tinfoil:

JJ was a cop, and he said he voted me. So if what you are saying is true, at least one of you and PMom is lying.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

JJ was a cop, and he said he voted me. So if what you are saying is true, at least one of you and PMom is lying.

Or JJ, I guess.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Okay, here's what I've got on Cop Room identities and votes:

#1 Didn't Talk - Voted ???
#2 Wall Monitor selfclaim - Voted Ernie
#3 Murmur Twin selfclaim - Voted ???
#4 JJ according to Byers - Voted Byers
#5 Epsilon Plus selfclaim - Voted WM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mafia edit:

quote:

The next day there was discussion about where the vote should go (and MMM said we could have a mulligan due to the ambiguity on the deadline) and I was honest about who I thought would be a good target, but I was afraid of two scum being in that room and moving the vote to the NK target so I figured that two votes to cop WM (that were put in Sunday) would be a safe bet to get a result.

Wow that was one hell of a run-on sentence.

Murmur Twin fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 10, 2015

• Locked thread