Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

tjones posted:

I decided to do the initial heist with a random after work before I could play with friends this weekend. We've now been sitting parked on the side of the road for 15 minutes, him saying "gently caress!", "poo poo!", "GOD DAMNIT" every 15 to 30 seconds. He's trying to hack the bank security system. I have nothing to do.

This was all my fault.
Do donuts and kick the car in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I did the prison break one with three French guys and no communication at all, and it wasn't too bad except they couldn't figure out that they needed to leave an area to trigger the next part and just SAT THERE. Seriously it says to LEAVE at the bottom of the screen.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Popped my heist cherry with the cool yet silent Otiosely, just two chicks partying hard A+

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tjones posted:

I decided to do the initial heist with a random after work before I could play with friends this weekend. We've now been sitting parked on the side of the road for 15 minutes, him saying "gently caress!", "poo poo!", "GOD DAMNIT" every 15 to 30 seconds. He's trying to hack the bank security system. I have nothing to do.

This was all my fault.

i did the hack 3 times without error the first time i tried. just move a hair before you have to and it's easy as poo poo. I don't know why nobody can figure it out.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Oh God there's finally a matte black motorcycle helmet, sweet Jesus

That and the cop outfit have made this entire thing for me

Best game ever

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Mar 10, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

hiddenriverninja posted:

Popped my heist cherry with the cool yet silent Otiosely, just two chicks partying hard A+

Thanks for the drinks :cheers:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The armored karuma turns things into easy mode. I would imagine it's all anybody's going to be driving in free roam.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I bought the regular-rear end Kuruma but I'll probably get the Armored one too. It seems really sweet but god drat that price tag is daunting for just a Sports car.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I bought the regular one because I know everyone else will buy one for missions so I'll never need to.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I bought the regular one because I know everyone else will buy one for missions so I'll never need to.

but what about gang attacks?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yo Duke Chin and I are lookin' for cool crude PS4 dudes to do Prison Break with. Anyone around?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Looks like the update is out on ps3 and 360

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah get the gently caress in here we need to break some dude out.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah get the gently caress in here we need to break some dude out.

Invite me please I don't want to play with this idiot scrub who i'm currently playing with

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Those were fun races last night with some PS4 goons. If you're ever looking for another person for your dumb races, I'm down. PSN: Backup_Snacks

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Oh my god that loving armored sports car.

http://youtu.be/YxPBirVmoIo

First I terrorized pubbies.

Then I created a 5 star chase.
http://youtu.be/m5NmaQScAB4

Then I climbed Mt chiliad. http://youtu.be/-TxWTXbLRBQ

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Finally got the call for the third heist. who's in?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Powershift posted:

Finally got the call for the third heist. who's in?

Sure, I'm down, lemme just boot my PS4 up again (you are on PS4 right?)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sorry, i got 3 off IRC. one says they can only play for an hour, so if it runs longer than that someone might be able to jump in for the payoff.

sort of underestimated demand

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Do you need to be notified every time you do the heists, or is it just the first time you are running them? If you ignore Lester's call, does it resend the call, like the missions?

It paid to wait until morning - only a 35 minute download...so it says.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Powershift posted:

Sorry, i got 3 off IRC. one says they can only play for an hour, so if it runs longer than that someone might be able to jump in for the payoff.

sort of underestimated demand

There's an active IRC?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Non-goon irc. Is there a goon gta irc channel?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

loving work, taking my valuable gaming time. Living vicariously through this thread til 5 o'clock.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Anyone had the second heist activated yet?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ExplodingSquid posted:

Anyone had the second heist activated yet?

I'm on the third. fleeca, prison break, and now humane labs. it took an hour of dickin around to get the third to show.

Does anybody know how many there are?

edit: i guess there's 5. Pretty good deal for the low low price of free.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 10, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
The Guardian, she is beautiful :worship:

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Wee Bairns posted:

loving work, taking my valuable gaming time. Living vicariously through this thread til 5 o'clock.

Same, I'll be on this evening eastern, somebody lets do heists. Not that it matters, but I've never flown the titan into a building :smug:

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Wee Bairns posted:

Wee I hope we can be heist bros at some point.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't care how good of a pilot you think you are, if you get in the hydra, hide it in the god drat ship until the baddies are dead.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Did the first heist with Duke and teamed up with DigitalProphet and Otis (forget your real name) for the second one. These things are pretty sick, like I dunno if they're worth the 1.5 year wait but for a real deal co-op mission experience they're pretty fun. The finale for the Prison breakout is such an amazing clusterfuck!

This update has a ton of really fun little things they added too, like all these clothes! Good lord I'm loving it.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm liking the extra little things to do. Explode cars, explode cops. All good. Easy $10,000.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Policenaut posted:

Did the first heist with Duke and teamed up with DigitalProphet and Otis (forget your real name) for the second one. These things are pretty sick, like I dunno if they're worth the 1.5 year wait but for a real deal co-op mission experience they're pretty fun. The finale for the Prison breakout is such an amazing clusterfuck!

This update has a ton of really fun little things they added too, like all these clothes! Good lord I'm loving it.

It was good times, we kicked rear end.

I keep getting the call for Prison Break over and over. I guess I have to do it again?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Slim Killington posted:

It was good times, we kicked rear end.

I keep getting the call for Prison Break over and over. I guess I have to do it again?

Yeah heists progression is tied to your character. So you can help in anybody's random heist but if YOU host one it'll only be where you're at currently.

Ex: you haven't answered any of Lester's calls and didn't launch the first heist, but then you go help a buddy who launched HIS first or second or whatever heist... cool enjoy the cash. You still need to go launch that starter heist yourself at some point.

Long story short: heists are cool and we had a good crew that needs to see this through together to the end for the sweet extra $1M (and Otios needs a Mic :v: )

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 10, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I think I've got one actually, and I suppose I'll have to hang up my silent partner hat and give it a shot.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I got the call for the third heist like an hour after we broke up, so I guess tonight we can get in on that.

edit: Can anyone find where in the clothing menu the Earpiece gear is located? I thought they were hats but I can't find them anymore, and I could swear they were there before.

en1125
Jul 3, 2006
I have a very specific goal...and that is to have no goals.
Stuck at work until 6. Can anyone tell me the price of the armored kuruma and confirm that it can be stored in the garage?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Policenaut posted:

I got the call for the third heist like an hour after we broke up, so I guess tonight we can get in on that.

edit: Can anyone find where in the clothing menu the Earpiece gear is located? I thought they were hats but I can't find them anymore, and I could swear they were there before.

Yeah, I'm in for that. The earpiece is just in a "Gear" category where the accessories are at Ammunation.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

en1125 posted:

Stuck at work until 6. Can anyone tell me the price of the armored kuruma and confirm that it can be stored in the garage?

525,000, yes. You can also respray it apparently.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Any goons running heists? Just got in from work, PSN Gileadexile, have the small PS4 mic when needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

525,000, yes. You can also respray it apparently.

resprayable, and the roof/window armor is 1 color, the body is another, so you can make it look like a normal karuma from a distance.

• Locked thread