Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

JJ was a cop, and he said he voted me. So if what you are saying is true, at least one of you and PMom is lying.

Hmm? I don't understand how I factor in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hmm? I don't understand how I factor in here.

Sorry, meant Murmur Twin. Not sure how I transposed you two.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:siren: poo poo I meant to quote and hit edit on the last page

I just changed the word "cops" to scum where I bolded, hopefully someone can confirm that.

Wow, I've messed up quote != edit before, but not the other way

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

:siren: poo poo I meant to quote and hit edit on the last page

I just changed the word "cops" to scum where I bolded, hopefully someone can confirm that.

Wow, I've messed up quote != edit before, but not the other way

I can confirm that, because I remember being very confused by what you'd typed and intended to ask you about it once I had a moment.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

I can confirm that, because I remember being very confused by what you'd typed and intended to ask you about it once I had a moment.

There was slightly more that I missed; thankfully I still have the old post in my cache. Hopefully this suffices:

Original:

Wall Monitor posted:

I'm trying to decide if Murmur is town or not. I voted for Ernie, if Murmur was #3 then he said he was voting for Ernie... that's two votes. So either #3's ernie talk was intended to throw scum roleblockers/nk off the trail (good idea), everyone else voted WM or the two WM votes got in first to cause a tiebreaker, or Murmur is scum who got a scum result on someone and named me as the false target with town result instead to build up some credit when I do flip town.

#5 (Ep+ I believe?) said he was voting for WM on Sunday night because he was under the impression that night actions needed to be in. I thought I had made a mistake about the voting deadline not being moved up so I joined in at like 11:56pm.

The next day there was discussion about where the vote should go (and MMM said we could have a mulligan due to the ambiguity on the deadline) and I was honest about who I thought would be a good target, but I was afraid of two cops being in that room and moving the vote to the NK target so I figured that two votes to cop WM (that were put in Sunday) would be a safe bet to get a result.

It might not have been the most optimal play, but it felt like the safest.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I can't really, in any fairness, comment on the honesty or fakeness of MT's posts. She always pings me as scum, and I'm never sure why. You're still making a mistake, though.

Please feel free to case me if there are any posts in particular of mine you think appear scummy! No one ever cases me

King Burgundy posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTpxeNQfDo4

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

wall monitor posted:

Shhh, saying you don't have a ballot narrows down the list of people who do. It's the same reason you don't claim vanilla town.

What? I don't understand this logic.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Meinberg posted:

What? I don't understand this logic.

Sorry, are we still not claiming ballots?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

wall monitor posted:

Sorry, are we still not claiming ballots?

Oh huh, I thought everyone realized how stupid it was not to claim. Everyone in the roleblock doc came to that realization at least.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also, Byers, it may have been subtle, but Murmur Twin was claiming that she performed the cop action on wall monitor last night and got a town result. Unless I horribly misread things!

There's especially no reason to hide this information after the fact. What is scum going to do, kill the person that -used- to be the doctor?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Also, Byers, it may have been subtle, but Murmur Twin was claiming that she performed the cop action on wall monitor last night and got a town result. Unless I horribly misread things!

There's especially no reason to hide this information after the fact. What is scum going to do, kill the person that -used- to be the doctor?

Yeah, this is why I'm not voting wall. The debate was who Murmur voted to use the cop on.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Yeah, this is why I'm not voting wall. The debate was who Murmur voted to use the cop on.

This is why I shouldn't read my Mafia threads right when I wake up.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I was Doctor Voter number 1. So I genuinely don't know why Ernie didn't get mine, unless he's not allowed to have two ballots in the same room?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

FOR gently caress'S SAKE PLEASE LYNCH SOMBER TOMORROW.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Hal confirmed for Somber's scumbro. If you don't lynch one of them tomorrow, you all deserve to lose.

You seemed really sure about this, what went wrong?

quote:

I also owe Little Mac an explanation about my hard read-claims on Hal. It is, however, 1:30 in the morning right now, so I'm not super lucid. The short version is that I can't think of any legitimate motivation to admit to voting out of self-preservation for its own sake. Therefore, there must be an outside reason. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume that the reason is in-game, rather that out-of-game. (There's no use trying to predict what out-of-game events might cause a reaction, that way lies madness.)

On a scale of 1-10 how sure do you feel that Hal is scummy?

quote:

I can't really, in any fairness, comment on the honesty or fakeness of MT's posts. She always pings me as scum, and I'm never sure why. You're still making a mistake, though.

For serious though, what makes you say this game? It's a fair opinion, but I feel like I've come across as "pretty obviously townl" (which I have been) in the last few games we've been in together and you've never cased me that I can think of, so this felt out of the blue.

Is there a post or two that set off said gut read?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

You seemed really sure about this, what went wrong?
I thought Somber was putting up an act, and was reading Hal's posts in the context of a scum Somber. I'm still feeling scum Hal, but it changes the timber of a lot of what he said before deadline yesterday.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I did vote byers. Can we focus on how/why wall monitor was the cop target (if he really was at all?)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

jon joe posted:

I did vote byers. Can we focus on how/why wall monitor was the cop target (if he really was at all?)

Well, I voted for him. Can't speak for anyone else, of course.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Phone posting in the hopes I'll be able to read the answers when I get home.

Hal and Pmush what can you tell us about the doc room yesterday? Any information would be helpful. Things discussed. Votes made. Etc.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm pretty certain I performed the roleblock. I blocked Wall Monitor. I now have a doctor ballot.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Unless everyone in the RB room got a PM saying "You roleblocked wall monitor successfully."

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Unless everyone in the RB room got a PM saying "You roleblocked wall monitor successfully."

I did not receive such a PM. I will admit to voting for wall monitor, I had my doubts about him yesterday.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Alright. Let's get this rolling then.

I think the big three early cuddleleaders are going to be:
1. Me. My entrance was awkward, and I doubled-down on cuddling Somber.
2. Hal. His posting has been opportunistic, and I'd honestly be 100% up for turboing him if it weren't for the ballot thing.
3. Ernie. He's been posting in a way that's made people think he's running interference for me.

I also owe Little Mac an explanation about my hard read-claims on Hal. It is, however, 1:30 in the morning right now, so I'm not super lucid. The short version is that I can't think of any legitimate motivation to admit to voting out of self-preservation for its own sake. Therefore, there must be an outside reason. Therefore, it seems reasonable to assume that the reason is in-game, rather that out-of-game. (There's no use trying to predict what out-of-game events might cause a reaction, that way lies madness.)

So, operating on what I hope is the reasonable assumption that Hal would not intentionally sabotage himself without good reason, and that his reason for admitting to self-preservation comes from being within the game, I'm left with a very short list of reasons why he would claim such selfish motivations. And at the top of that list, with a loving literal gulf in between it and the second one, is that he's breadcrumbing. And what would you breadcrumb with a line like that, but survivor?
I don't like this post~

Pmush comes at the game in a really analytical and detached way, tries to set the agenda/frame the discussion by naming three people she thinks will be in danger of being cuddled (naming herself as well), and doesn't really make any sensical alignment calls on either LM or Hal.

I'm p. sure this post is 100% manipulation.

##vote pmush

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

jon joe posted:

Murmur Twin posted:

#5 (Ep+ I believe?) said he was voting for WM on Sunday night because he was under the impression that night actions needed to be in. I thought I had made a mistake about the voting deadline not being moved up so I joined in at like 11:56pm.

The next day there was discussion about where the vote should go (and MMM said we could have a mulligan due to the ambiguity on the deadline) and I was honest about who I thought would be a good target, but I was afraid of two (scum) being in that room and moving the vote to the NK target so I figured that two votes to cop WM (that were put in Sunday) would be a safe bet to get a result.

It might not have been the most optimal play, but it felt like the safest.

You said you were in the cop room, right?

Poison Mushroom posted:

I thought Somber was putting up an act, and was reading Hal's posts in the context of a scum Somber. I'm still feeling scum Hal, but it changes the timber of a lot of what he said before deadline yesterday.

To me, the natural reaction upon feeling super sure about a lunch target and being wrong would be to question my other reads and see what other targets I could find. This answer doesn't feel town to me.

Also, I agree with PMom's read.

##vote PMush

I'm curious - did anyone send me a ballot?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

Also, I agree with PMom's read.

##vote PMush

Agreed, I've been wondering if PMush would make that post as scum ever since she made it, and given the hal ballot claim, I'm thinking she wanted to make as much noise as possible before tanking the game.

##vote pmush

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Don't hammer early. I'd like to get all the information out there. But I agree with the current direction.

I feel like we all need to claim any ballots we have and where we plan on sending them tomorrow at a minimum.

Also, we all need to have discussed anything we are going to discuss in our voting rooms, and submit our votes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have two games going to deadline tonight, and I have to feed my kid and put him to bed, but I have a bunch of information to post. Probably a few hours out.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

I'm in the roleblocker's room, and I'm sending my ballot to Ernie. Again.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Listen, docs? Protect KB. Dude got three roleblocker ballots, from Meinberg, Little Mac, and PMom. I do not see all three of those players being scum, and hence I have a strong town feeling about KB.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Byers2142 posted:

Listen, docs? Protect KB. Dude got three roleblocker ballots, from Meinberg, Little Mac, and PMom. I do not see all three of those players being scum, and hence I have a strong town feeling about KB.

Seconding this.

Just so it's here:

Day 1 Starting Rooms:

COP - Ernie, Wall Monitor, Murmur Twin, Jon Joe, Epsilon Plus
DOC - Hiipfire, Hal, PMush, Fast Luck, Somber
RB - Little Mac, King Burgundy, Meinberg, PMom, Byers

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OK I am home from work I havent been in either doc today let me go vote before anyone does anything crazy ok thanks

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok. Spill the beans people.

Hal and Pmush, please tell me what went down in Doc room, yesterday. Who was voted, etc.

And everyone, please claim today's ballots if you have not already and where you are sending them for tomorrow. I'm about to place all my votes/send my ballots, so if you haven't already gone into a voting room I'm in to petition for who you think we should be voting, you should do that as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I know pretty much everything that happened in or relating to the Roleblock room. I know some of what went down with Cop room. I know very little about Doc.

I think I know where 13 of the current ballots are.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

FYI, I will not be here for deadline tonight. I'm pretty happy with my PMush vote.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Ok. Spill the beans people.

Hal and Pmush, please tell me what went down in Doc room, yesterday. Who was voted, etc.

And everyone, please claim today's ballots if you have not already and where you are sending them for tomorrow. I'm about to place all my votes/send my ballots, so if you haven't already gone into a voting room I'm in to petition for who you think we should be voting, you should do that as well.

Basically nothing happened in the doc room. PM said nothing of value (if she was really voter 1), I said nothing of value, voter 3 never spoke, voter 4 and 5 had a little convo where they accused each other of being scum a bit but no one really talked about voting that I can recall.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I wish I was cool enough to be in a room.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Pmush thought I was doing that already!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Basically nothing happened in the doc room. PM said nothing of value (if she was really voter 1), I said nothing of value, voter 3 never spoke, voter 4 and 5 had a little convo where they accused each other of being scum a bit but no one really talked about voting that I can recall.

Voter 3 was Hiipfire I believe. He said he didn't talk.

Who did you vote for?

No one has claimed the doc action. So we don't know who was theoretically doc'd, or why, or anything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I wish I was cool enough to be in a room.

Who did you send your ballot to?

Also, can you explain the WM/Ernie thing again? You basically said you didn't revote so your vote would be earliest, is that right? But it didn't sound like that was coordinated at all. Maybe we should also hear from Epsilon on this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Voter 3 was Hiipfire I believe. He said he didn't talk.

Who did you vote for?

No one has claimed the doc action. So we don't know who was theoretically doc'd, or why, or anything.

I think I voted for somber actually (oops) but I can't even 100% remember. I voted like two days before deadline because I thought I was going to miss the original deadline and no one was coming up with any sort of plan.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Doctor ballot was pretty much dead in D1 until people started getting prodded in thread about how dead it was. I was the replacement, so felt weird about being the first one to talk in there, plus I wasn't really sure what to say.

I'm fine with being lynched if it keeps people from thinking Ernie's scum, I feel like his posts are coming from a pretty genuine place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If your ballot box link is broken pm me your vote, but I should be fixing the ballot boxes soon.

• Locked thread