Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lord Mantis is absorbing some of the members of Indian into its new lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Henchman of Santa posted:

FUuuuuuck.....
:suicide:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Indian track with the Lord mantis vocalist is the best Indian track :allears:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Indian was probably the better band, but Lord Mantis were really entertaining live. Just maybe a bit too black metal for my tastes.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

for real? gently caress. Absolutely gutted they pulled out of Roadburn. Death Mask is devastating.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm sure it will be a good lineup, but ugh seeing Lord Mantis live last year was like watching an earthquake of filth rape your eardrums. I couldn't hear for like 3 weeks after that.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The Indian track with the Lord mantis vocalist is the best Indian track :allears:

He's not in the band anymore though.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Are there any details as to who or what they are going to be playing in Lord Mantis? I would assume they would readily add another guitar player. I'm really excited to hear this and I would assume this indicates Lord Mantis will be going strong for a while. Stoked.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Are there any details as to who or what they are going to be playing in Lord Mantis? I would assume they would readily add another guitar player. I'm really excited to hear this and I would assume this indicates Lord Mantis will be going strong for a while. Stoked.

Check the Lord Mantis Facebook page. I'm phone posting but that's where I saw it.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Here it is. I don't know all these guys' names so it's hard to parse:
http://www.newdensity.com/blog/lord-mantis-combines-forces-with-members-of-indian/

quote:

Lord Mantis has already been working on new material for an EP to be recorded in May. Dylan O’Toole is on vocals. Will Lindsay of WITTR, Anatomy of Habit, and Indian, is playing bass. Scott Shellhamer, founding member of the band American Heritage and visual artist, is playing guitar alongside myself. Surviving members remain Bill Bumgardner and, myself, Andrew Markuszewski. It’s a beast of a lineup, and we’re all looking forward to the Spring. Keep an eye out for press in relation to the studio session and EP starting in May.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Will Lindsay was only on the last album right? Guiltless or w/e.

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010
Whoa, thanks for all the input, yall.

Generic? Yes. Having fun slaying riffs with my bro? Also yes.

Dyna Soar posted:

do you guys smoke weed?
Yes.

funeral fag posted:

name it Phylactery because liches are badass

big scary monsters posted:

Call it Bongdrinker.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Okay serious suggestion: It's a two man band, so call it Double Jointed.

I like all of these. I'll keep thinking about it and talk to my brother. Thanks for all the posts. If we use your name I'll buy you a forum upgrade or something.

Laserface posted:

The Doobie Brothers.
This made me laugh really really hard.

To contribute: Some guys from our city who have their name game on lock: Keef Mountain

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I had a dream last night. I was at an Electric Wizard show that was being held in the parking lot of a K-Mart. Their merch tables were actually inside the K-Mart, and they had this loving sweet neon tarantula t-shirt for $79.99. I was very bummed out because, while I held the shirt in my hands, there were no cashiers for me to pay for it, and so I had to put it back with a heavy heart.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

http://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/archives/2015/03/06/no-tickets-to-bongripper-try-the-bands-bonkers-burger-instead

quote:

On Sunday metal-themed burger joint Kuma’s Corner announced its burger of the month for March, a tribute to Chicago doom four-piece Bongripper. My B Side feature on the band had gone to bed before I heard, so like any curious journalist who consumes food roughly three times a day would do, I made my way to Avondale to try the Bongripper.

A burger at Kuma’s is a little like a Thanksgiving meal, except heaped onto a bun—it’s a mound of meat and sides, and eating one at a certain time can knock you out cold for hours. The Bongripper is no exception. It's made with ten ounces of beef, topped with an Italian sausage split down the middle and laid out like a second hamburger patty—and adorning that are Bolognese sauce, smoked provolone cheese, basil, and fresh garlic. It’s massive and imposing, kind of like a Bongripper song.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I live 15 minutes from Kuma's and am pissed about Bongripper/Weekend Nachos being sold out tomorrow so I may very well just go eat that in sadness.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Just got back from the Mos Generator/Elder show. They killed it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have been listening to Orchid a bit lately, and while I am enjoying them, the lyrics are all pretty repetitive. He uses Brain/mind/lies/eyes/sleep like every second line.

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

drat, just saw Red Fang and Boris both have upcoming shows in my town. Living in Australia, where international acts are few and far between I am understandably excited.

Also, Dopethrone has released a new song and has a new album coming next month. Go listen to it, it's good.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This sounds wonderful and makes me consider what life in Chicago would be like.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This sounds wonderful and makes me consider what life in Chicago would be like.

Having moved here in October the first adjective that springs to mind is "cold."

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Laserface posted:

I have been listening to Orchid a bit lately, and while I am enjoying them, the lyrics are all pretty repetitive. He uses Brain/mind/lies/eyes/sleep like every second line.
Yeah, the lyrics were what killed any interest in Orchid for me, with "marching dogs of war" being the breaking point on the first album.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Darthemed posted:

Yeah, the lyrics were what killed any interest in Orchid for me, with "marching dogs of war" being the breaking point on the first album.

Also, every time they're brought up, I keep thinking of the screamo band from the 90's.

Admittedly, I like screamo Orchid way better than stoner Orchid.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Friends Are Evil posted:

Also, every time they're brought up, I keep thinking of the screamo band from the 90's.

same, that stoner orchid just doesnt really stand out to me

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Friends Are Evil posted:

See, all I can think of is Opeth Orchid (which is my favorite kind of Opeth).

Winston Chill
Aug 24, 2008

Fine and dandy.

Mustard Snobbery posted:

Also, Dopethrone has released a new song and has a new album coming next month. Go listen to it, it's good.

Woah, definitely digging this! Really makes me look forward to the new album.

Winston Chill fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Mar 9, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

to the guy who needs a band name there is none more cthulu hp lovecraft than Niggerman 5000 but ima use it dont take it ok

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Having moved here in October the first adjective that springs to mind is "cold."

I'm from northern Canada, I'd be alright.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

NuclearPotato posted:

See, all I can think of is Opeth Orchid (which is my favorite kind of Opeth).

I cannot pass up an opportunity to agree and say this is one of the best albums of in all of human history for ever and ever amen.

Edit:

Spinal Pap posted:

If you like those things and if you miss The Oath after their breakup last year you should check out Johanna Sadonis new band Lucifer. First song released a few moments ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEV_7XVu3U0

After having that Lucifer track haunt my brain I've had to get involved with The Oath. It's very nice. Love the voice of Johanna Sadonis.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 9, 2015

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm from northern Canada, I'd be alright.

I came from Michigan so I thought I would feel the same, but that lake effect kills you when you take public transportation and work downtown. But northern Canada probably has me beat.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
heads up, garden of worms new album is out on svart records.

http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2015/02/11/garden-of-worm-idle-stones-summers-isle-stream/

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 9, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hey folks, here's a neat kickstarter for a Melvins doc, with some REALLY cool rewards https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/26674096/the-colossus-of-destiny-a-melvins-tale

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hey folks, here's a neat kickstarter for a Melvins doc, with some REALLY cool rewards https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/26674096/the-colossus-of-destiny-a-melvins-tale

gonna be fun to watch this and the raekwon one running side by side

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

drat I am sure enjoying this Black Rainbows album at work right now.. I need more stuff just like this for background music

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

This is pretty killer:

https://watchtowerwatchtower.bandcamp.com/

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

:asoiaf:

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Also, how did I not know about Middian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_p5U4dWvoE

The first 4 minutes or so sound like Yob covering Lord Mantis, and then it goes full doom. I think they've been mentioned in the thread before, but this is really good poo poo.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 10, 2015

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Both YOB and Enslaved killed it last night. Amazing show. Mike Scheidt is a really nice guy.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

How the gently caress did I miss this, I loving love their other stuff.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
Primitive Man managed to get CELESTE out of Europe for a US tour and they're even playing my lovely little city!

Except I've never heard of the venue before and no one else I know has either, so I have no idea where it is.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

DEAR RICHARD posted:

Both YOB and Enslaved killed it last night. Amazing show. Mike Scheidt is a really nice guy.

I am eternally jealous of anyone who gets to see this tour. Like goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Proud to be Australian right now. :australia: