Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Arctic Matthews posted:

Ill be on at 5pm EST. PS4 goon here with a mic. add me LandoKardashian

Just a reminder to everyone - including myself, there is a list for PS4 and Xbone to which you can add yourself and find others to add to your friends list. I usually try to remember to include a small note (geeves from SA) or something if I'm not currently in a session or party with them, because even though we have these lists, they might not always be right in front of us.

PS4 Players | PS4 Signup

Xbone Players | Xbone Signup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Brightman posted:

I have a friend that's gonna be mildly pissed about that first one and I'm really wondering about that "buy" part of the second one. Like if it's in game money to buy the plates for the cars, okay, but if I have to pay a few bucks to have more plates then gently caress it.

I just tried it on the PS Vita version of iFruit. It charged me $100k for a new plate?!?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

shooting people with the flare gun is... disturbing.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I re-downloaded the app to try it, but I still only get the one unchangeable plate. Maybe I just don't know how to use this terrible app.

But if it's charging $100k for a plate then I'm kind of glad I can't figure it out.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Slim Killington posted:

Did you guys find a way to do the prison yard part without the massive firefight? We couldn't, after three attempts we just assumed it was the only way the mission is designed to go.

Didn't have a chance to repeat it yet, sorry. Do you have to HOST the Fleeca job to unlock the new stuff or just participate?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Aww, tried firing it up after the update and it won't let me play anything other than single player. guess im seeing this stuff next week

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

geeves posted:

Just a reminder to everyone - including myself, there is a list for PS4 and Xbone to which you can add yourself and find others to add to your friends list. I usually try to remember to include a small note (geeves from SA) or something if I'm not currently in a session or party with them, because even though we have these lists, they might not always be right in front of us.

PS4 Players | PS4 Signup

Xbone Players | Xbone Signup

Quoting to add - make sure to sign up in the crew thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3661105&pagenumber=17#lastpost

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

Magneto Rex posted:

Does the heist setup count at all to the "complete with the same four people" bonus?

Reposting because I don't wanna miss out on sweet sweet cash.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Alright, what the hell? My guy looks less Asian and his driving and stealth skills have switched.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

I re-downloaded the app to try it, but I still only get the one unchangeable plate. Maybe I just don't know how to use this terrible app.

But if it's charging $100k for a plate then I'm kind of glad I can't figure it out.

The iFruit app / personal plates didn't seem to be broken for me until current gen release. First I had to de-link 360 from social club. That took care of it at first. Now, every so often if I get a new vehicle, my plate disappears and I have to go in an add the plate for that vehicle in the iFruit app. But behold! The vehicle isn't in the app because their app sucks and only shows 19 vehicles - hell social club doesn't show all of your owned vehicles....

The trick that worked for me is to simply change the color of the plate and order it for an existing car (note: this doesn't always work and you may have to do this several times, but) then you are free to change all of your vehicles plates to your personalized one. Until it breaks again.

Kelly posted:

Quoting to add - make sure to sign up in the crew thread.

Thanks! knew I was forgetting something.

geeves fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 10, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

HiriseSoftware posted:

Didn't have a chance to repeat it yet, sorry. Do you have to HOST the Fleeca job to unlock the new stuff or just participate?

To unlock stuff you just have to participate in the setup mission or heist mission that involved the item, not host it specifically. To progress your ability to get the next heist in succession, you need to have hosted the last one.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Jonesy posted:

Same, I'll be on this evening eastern, somebody lets do heists. Not that it matters, but I've never flown the titan into a building :smug:

Yeah whatever

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I can't get in to play - "Rockstar services are unavailable. Please try again later" and on the Social Club, my character is there but all my crews are gone. :argh:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Aardmania posted:

I just tried it on the PS Vita version of iFruit. It charged me $100k for a new plate?!?

That's pretty steep, but I might end up paying it after getting some decent heist payouts.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Looks like servers are starting to melt for a number of us.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Interesting. It appears that license plates are no longer unique. I was able to place orders for plates that i know are already in use.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
After 30 minutes of trying to get the final step in prison break working we can only confirm servers currently getting reamed, Heists jumping in and out of existence. Best try again later.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Is there a way that I can tell my PS4 to download the patch from work?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
What are the dailies people are talking about for $25?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Any friendly PS4 goons about to *Start* a heist? I've been away from GTA for a bit but I think I'm fairly competent and I'm online now and free for a couple hours.

(I tried to join MrLongHair but after a long load it said he was no longer available or whatever.)

PSN is ILL_MITCH

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Feenix posted:

(I tried to join MrLongHair but after a long load it said he was no longer available or whatever.)

Weiiiird, it told me nothing happened after a good long time. I'll be on again in 50 minutes

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Where do I buy the armored Kuruma?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Feenix posted:

Any friendly PS4 goons about to *Start* a heist? I've been away from GTA for a bit but I think I'm fairly competent and I'm online now and free for a couple hours.

PSN is ILL_MITCH

I'm ready to gently caress this stealth mission in the face, but we need 4 good people.it's the last set-up mission before the final heist which should be worth a mil.

you have to do the fleeca heist before it unlocks in the super autos store.

im gay posted:

What are the dailies people are talking about for $25?

hold the touchpad down, there is a daily objectives thing with 3 things to do. first day it gives you 3000 RP and 25k

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Feenix posted:

Where do I buy the armored Kuruma?

Either Legendary Motorsports on San Andreas Super Auto websites after you finish the first heist.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Thanks to you both for the info. Will wait. Anyone want to do the first heist?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm willing to start the Prison heist all over again if there are 3 people who want to go through it. I've played through it 3 times now, I just want to move on!

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Getaway driver/Pilot/all-round killer available.

PSN: Frontlinekhan

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Well, slim, pork pie, and feenix, do you want to help me finish off heist 3, and then power through heist 2?

gamertag is powerswift if you're in.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Powershift posted:

Well, slim, pork pie, and feenix, do you want to help me finish off heist 3, and then power through heist 2?

Sent you a request (digitalprophet)

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 10, 2015

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Powershift posted:

Sent you a F R just now.
(ILL_MITCH)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Getting "mission failed to download" now, gonna restart see if that works.

here's the basic strategy i've worked out so far.

team 1: wait outside the gate by the starting position, there are 2 guards by the gate, take them out, about 10 seconds later a truck comes to the gate, take out the driver. head strait into the plant, stop about halfway to the back fence. to the right there's a guy at the top of a set of stairs, and another pacing back and forth slighty to his left about 4 feet higher. they have to be taken out within about a second of eachother.

Team 2: go around the fence to the right. take out the guy in the southwest corner after the truck passes, move further around the fence and line up a shot to take out the 2 scientists with 1 shot. keep going to the back, i think there are 3 guys there.

and from there, there are 2 guards right by the second corner, 2 scienteists in the middle, and 3 guys against the back gate.

looks like we just lost somebody.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 10, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

"The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now."

I'll try again at the top of the hour :(

e: "Access to the creators is currently disabled."

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 10, 2015

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Managed to get my PS3 to read the disc, now downloading a 1314MB file over the next ~36 minutes. Rock and rollllllllll

Also, for previous updates they've given us the cars for free in single player, is that the case here? And what about the new clothes, weapons, gear, etc? I don't know that I can be arsed to try to get games together on my few days off at the moment.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Well, that didn't take long. Dropped my rear end instantly.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Powershift posted:

Getting "mission failed to download" now, gonna restart see if that works.

AGGGGHHHHHH it dropped you the moment you were saying how frustrating it would be if it dropped you.

ROCKSTARRRRRR!!!!!!

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Decided to pass the time by testing the fresh new military vehicles in Creator mode...hot drat, I want to own these things quite badly.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

it loaded me in my heist room with no board. when i tried to leave the door flipped the gently caress out.

edit: i think with the americans waking up, the servers are starting to melt.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Powershift posted:

it loaded me in my heist room with no board. when i tried to leave the door flipped the gently caress out.

edit: i think with the americans waking up, the servers are starting to melt.

Got a server unavailable disconnect trying to join your second invite.

We should all just pretend the release date is next week.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Got a Fleeca scope out working with a pubbie somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just got a "connection to the session host has been lost"

I was the session host :(

Just getting to the start of this mission is too frustrating to deal with during a server meltdown.

• Locked thread