Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Your scumclaim

hmm

except i claim serial killer a lot and you always ignore them because you think they poo poo up the game

what's different here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Don't know, Ern. I don't question the ole gut.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Asiina replaces Good Sir!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello friends!

I am in this game now.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was the shortest jokephase I've ever seen.

Good Sir posted:

Mafia needs a jokephase. How else could we all misread one another's ironic posts as scummy beginning the downward spiral of misunderstanding, mystery and mischief!

This guy gets it. Good job former me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

This is a scum emoticon.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

At least one of CPig, Chic Trombone, or Somberbrero seems to be placing the group in the limelight for scum reasons (I'm leaning towards either CT or Somber simply due to volume).

Admittedly, this tempts me to vote. :colbert:

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

...and admittedly, this smells like a bandwagon, though I don't want to put him on the thin ice yet.

I don't like these posts either. They're very hedgy and difficult to defend opinions.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

YYESSSSSSSSSS

##hammer Somber

YESSSSS BWAYAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is amazing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

yes... as town i should feel super okay about someone being able to control the one ability i have (my vote) without question. anything i say about this topic is steering conversation in a bad direction, and is not me trying to figure out if i should be careful of placing my votes in the future or not.

and if it's a scum ability, i don't see why scum wouldn't use it on d1? but never mind that the ability could be a 3p one or something, let's just arbitrarily decide that talking about a turbo is scummy.

sigh

I agree with this post. While hilarious, it's a powerful ability, and asking about it isn't scummy.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

This is a scum emoticon.

Lol

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MC Eating Disorder posted:

So thats a really interesting day/night cycle we just had. MCS, is there any particular reason why you phrased your question to CPig in a hypothetical where you're scum? Why not just ask him directly? Feel free to explain it to me like i'm a literal child because I'm genuinely curious what the motivation was there.

Apart from that I don't have a lot of questions yet, and I don't think throwing heaps of shade around is going to help us at this particular moment but there's been some very interesting claims on D2 so far that I'd like to talk about tomorrow. I'll be around but I don't really want to step in any poo poo because I really wanna survive today just to get some answers

I don't really buy King Burgundy's argument on rurea at all and I'm a newbie but on the other hand I don't really want to push too hard since my aim for today was to stay off the radar and i've kind of hosed that up already

Haha, this guy. I love the just blatant "yeah I'm trying to survive even if I don't contribute".

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think MC looks townie out of the whole roleblocker claim thing.

King Burgundy posted:

This post combo is causing me problems. You don't buy my argument about Rurea, but with very little time elapsed you mention that you DO think Rurea is full of poo poo. Which is it?

I feel like your thoughts aren't consistent here.

This is some bad false equivalence here. His two posts are talking about completely different things.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Hi asiina!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rurea posted:

Hi asiina!

Hi!

So out of this whole thing I like MC, I think he is town. Milton is so new it's very hard to say.

I'd probably pick Cardinal, KB, and then a distant third would be Magnus for my top scumpicks right now from reading the thread.

But re:Masonchat!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Okay I have questions about this that I doubt Kumbamontu can/will answer but maybe we can speculate. Does "Confirmed Tracker Mason" mean that he was part of a confirmed town masonry or that he was part of a masonry of confirmed trackers? Or what? This is confusing and I believe, kind of important. I know a lot of people don't like to talk about setup spec but I think it can give us good information.

Oh ho ho! I have some information on this!

I am TNL's confirmed mason best buddy. We shared a tracker role as long as both of us were still alive.

We tracked someone to him the night he died.

Anyone have anything to confess?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Asiina posted:

Hi!

So out of this whole thing I like MC, I think he is town. Milton is so new it's very hard to say.

I'd probably pick Cardinal, KB, and then a distant third would be Magnus for my top scumpicks right now from reading the thread.

But re:Masonchat!

Oh ho ho! I have some information on this!

I am TNL's confirmed mason best buddy. We shared a tracker role as long as both of us were still alive.

We tracked someone to him the night he died.

Anyone have anything to confess?

Very interesting! Can you expand a little more on why you picked those 3 for possible scum? I also get a scum vibe from cardinal as others said earlier in the thread. Definitely a candidate for lynch

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Very interesting! Can you expand a little more on why you picked those 3 for possible scum? I also get a scum vibe from cardinal as others said earlier in the thread. Definitely a candidate for lynch

Cardinal for being hedgy and making a very weak vote. KingB is making leaps in logic for his cases that I think are insincere and misconstruing what people are saying in order to make them look scummy, specifically MC. Magnus is nothing more than gut but it just feels off, hence why he's a distant third.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, if nobody claims their action against TNL in the next half an hour I'm going to reveal my secrets!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Save your ultimatums, they won't be necessary.

I used Ninth as a body double last night, i.e, he'd take my place for the purposes of nightkills.

So, uh, good job, person who hates me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It was Meds who was tracked to TNL.

I'm not sure what to make of that claim.

Why did you pick TNL?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Ernie. (2): CapitalistPig, Rurea, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Rurea, Opopanax
MC Eating Disorder (1): King Burgundy
Rurea (1): King Burgundy, Cardinal Ximenez, MiltonSlavemasta, King Burgundy, MiltonSlavemasta, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Magnus Gallant (1): Ernie.
Cardinal Ximenez (1): Rurea, Chic Trombone, Rurea
Chic Trombone (1): Magnus Gallant

Not Voting (6): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MiltonSlavemasta, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours.

:siren: DEADLINE TONIGHT!! :siren:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Save your ultimatums, they won't be necessary.

I used Ninth as a body double last night, i.e, he'd take my place for the purposes of nightkills.

So, uh, good job, person who hates me.

I cant believe you let TNL die you monster.

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Argh. I can't really comment that concretely on role-interactions if you are so vague. But if you are not a bus driver, and there is not a different person who is a bus driver, then MEDS CURES SCHIZOS (who I targeted last night and got a "action successful" message) is probably scum or a role that really, really does not want to disclose itself.

A full roleclaim from me will come sometime before 8 PM EDT tomorrow night, if I am currently the most voted upon person.

I unvoted Cardinal because of this post. I cant decide if it feels sincere or not to me. I don't think I was being too vague about my role, and I don't understand his logic about the bus driver/meds scum thing.
Interestingly, he ALSO targeted MCS hmmm
ALSO, I don't really like the teasing us with a roleclaim thing.
ugh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Meds claim works as a roleblockable BP, which is an interesting mechanic. It doesn't change the fact that he was tracked to the kill and has an excuse for never being nightkilled. I'm still suspicious, but I think it's worth a cop investigation rather than a cuddle.

I'm going with ##vote Cardinal for now.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

What can I say? Ninth and I would be at each others' throats all game. We don't play well together. It was a calculated "If I'm going to die tonight on Night 1, who would be the most likely culprit?"

Furthermore, I checked for breadcrumbs. Ninth had none that I could see.

My bad for trying to steer a scum kill into itself.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Breadcrumbs are dumb, for the record.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
As promised earlier:

I am a Town Messenger. I breadcrumbed this with my very first post:

[quote user="Cardinal Ximenez" post="442339185"]

{quote: something about Rush}

Confirmed Priest of the Temple of Syrinx.

---

Anyways, confirmed! Welcome back everyone.

(please don't shoot me)[/quote]

On Night 1, I sent a message to MEDS CURE SCHIZOS to reveal his role as the rot13'd first letter of each of his sentences in his first post on Day 2. Kumba described my action as successful. As far I know, he did not do that. I only sent one message, and believe that I only can send one, and at no point did I send a message that "Magnus Gallant is town" nor target CPig as recipient.

Any questions?

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Confirmed Priest of the Temple of Syrinx.

---

Anyways, confirmed! Welcome back everyone.

(please don't shoot me)

^ fixed post in question

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

As promised earlier:

I am a Town Messenger. I breadcrumbed this with my very first post:

On Night 1, I sent a message to MEDS CURE SCHIZOS to reveal his role as the rot13'd first letter of each of his sentences in his first post on Day 2. Kumba described my action as successful. As far I know, he did not do that. I only sent one message, and believe that I only can send one, and at no point did I send a message that "Magnus Gallant is town" nor target CPig as recipient.

Any questions?

I don't understand a word you are saying

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Rurea posted:

I don't understand a word you are saying

Rot13. Freaking google it!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Will confirm receipt of a message, however, I don't comply with anonymous messages asking for a softclaim.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So what was the relevance of this then, if it wasn't a subtle roleclaim?

That's what I assumed it was and I spent a very long time listening to that Paula Adbul song to figure out what the link to the other two songs was and I'm pretty sure you owe me an explanation for that at the very least because that song was loving awful

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

So what was the relevance of this then, if it wasn't a subtle roleclaim?

That's what I assumed it was and I spent a very long time listening to that Paula Adbul song to figure out what the link to the other two songs was and I'm pretty sure you owe me an explanation for that at the very least because that song was loving awful

MEDS CURES SCHIZOS (whose avatar is of a MS Paint Adventures character called "Spades Slick")
Bus Driver
Two Probably Mutually Exclusive Possibilities

Left in case I got suddenly killed.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

Also, I don't regret this. :)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Message text verbatim:

"breadcrumb your role as the first letter of sentences rot13'd in your first post tomorrow"

And they're not mutually exclusive with my claim of "swap for purpose of being killed". You'll notice both you and Asiina were able to target me just fine.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

MEDS CURES SCHIZOS (whose avatar is of a MS Paint Adventures character called "Spades Slick")
Bus Driver
Two Probably Mutually Exclusive Possibilities

Left in case I got suddenly killed.

ok I want to say I see the connection here but I don't and you're gonna have to elaborate a little more on this please

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oh also what made you choose MCS to self-roleclaim? I don't get it as a D1 play and I'd like a lot more justification for that as well

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm willing to unvote if you've got a convincing answer, but we're way too close to the end of D2 for me not to drop a vote and I just don't buy anonymously asking someone to roleclaim first thing on D2 as being in any way good for town

##vote Cardinal Ximenez

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh also what made you choose MCS to self-roleclaim? I don't get it as a D1 play and I'd like a lot more justification for that as well

It's easier to understand if you assume that Day 1 gave us nothing and he drew randomly. Anonymous messages are usually used to confirm things rather than create an impromptu mason group.

I'll support his claim, though I can't justify why he expected anyone to just give up a softclaim to an anonymous message.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

SO we're apparently looking at two messengers, so I'm willing to bet one of them is scum. Pretty happy with my vote atm

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Not voting Cardinal today on account of being the guy that received the message, no matter how dumb.

I'll vote for Magnus. Eating Disorder is too adorable in his naivete, Ernie's case for lynch laughable, and I'm not suicidal enough to vote for me yet.

Besides, Magnus is in his standoffish rear end in a top hat mode, which is a decent indicator of scum for him.

##vote Magnus Gallant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

A single confirmed mason is simply 'confirmed town',there'd be no point in making them a one-man mason. Granted, this is a role fuckery game.

In a vacuum, i.e, no further investigative results, no, they're not confirmed town. This is because without an additional person to back up the claim or some magic breadcrumb, you have a claim that's only testable by them dying, which would confirm it and make it useless. At best, it buys the person a day if they're on the ropes.

An interesting scum gambit would be to figure out the other mason, kill them, and then claim the mason was three-person, assuming that it's a two-man group.

Because of the bolded text, this opinion still seems wrong to me, fwiw. Like, I get what you are saying if there were TWO dead masons. At that point a third has absolutely no verification. But with only one dead confirmed town mason, a second mason claiming with no counter claim would pretty much be mod confirmed town for me. By the nature of the role, there have to be at least two.

• Locked thread