Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Nihonniboku posted:

I suspect that Katya is already doing videos for World of Wonder means that she is going to be sticking around for a bit, or at least making a lasting impression.
I think she will be.

Someone on her tumblr asked her what her most embarassing moment was,

and she said it was something that happens this week, so I think it'll be a while until something happens to put her in the bottom two again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

CaptainScraps posted:

From the amazon leak, word is that in the next episode, Katya lip syncs and just. loving. kills it with splits and cartwheels and flips and poo poo.

Isn't she the one who promised to do flips off the stage in 5 inch heels? Because when she said that I knew I had to see it.

Nihonniboku posted:

I suspect that Katya is already doing videos for World of Wonder means that she is going to be sticking around for a bit, or at least making a lasting impression.

Here's to hoping that since Jasmine has done nothing but releasing a transphobic video followed up by a deletion of said video and then an apology video means that she is not for long.

I'd love to know more about that.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

criscodisco posted:

Isn't she the one who promised to do flips off the stage in 5 inch heels? Because when she said that I knew I had to see it.

Nah that's Kennedy Davenport. She's been at S4 forever. You can probably go see her like tomorrow.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There's something highly unsettling about Trixie Mattel to me and I'm 100% into it. She's like Diane Ladd smearing the lipstick all over her face in Wild at Heart.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

criscodisco posted:

According to reddit, Jasmine recently recorded a video of her ranting at transwomen saying that they'll never be real women, that she will never call them a woman because they were born a man. She naturally caught a lot of heat for this, so she deleted it, and made an apology tweet.

Here's one link on reddit about it.

I've been trying to figure her out, because she just seems so off. I thought maybe she had just been playing the role of a dumb twink for too long. But honestly, she seems like she is legitimately stupid.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 6, 2015

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Wow, I hope she goes home soon. Aside from being incredibly lovely in general, at least four prior contestants have transitioned since their seasons. Being an rear end about trans folks sounds like a great way to kiss multiple industry opportunities bye-bye.

Something seemed a little too fake about her positivity, this just confirms my gut feeling was right. :(

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Wow, I hope she goes home soon. Aside from being incredibly lovely in general, at least four prior contestants have transitioned since their seasons. Being an rear end about trans folks sounds like a great way to kiss multiple industry opportunities bye-bye.

Something seemed a little too fake about her positivity, this just confirms my gut feeling was right. :(

I think she actually IS just that stupid tho. Ignorance is bliss after all

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

A drag queen ranting that transwomen aren't "real" women is such cognitive dissonance that it wouldn't surprise me if this goes beyond stupid and into the pathological.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

CHiRAL posted:

I think she actually IS just that stupid tho. Ignorance is bliss after all

I love how dumb she is. Think back to that cocoon speech.

But the trans comments are terrible.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
"You're gonna lose, BITCH" - RuPaul

:allears: I LOVE KATYA

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Did I hear Katya describe her character as bisexual? It made me wonder if there are/have been any non-strictly gay queens on the show, or if that is even really a thing in the world of drag.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it'd be rad if she is; it's weird how bisexuality is completely downplayed everywhere lately.
or maybe it's just a Portland thing...

Katya is the best in every way no matter what, though. I'm kind of seeing her, Violet, and Trixie as the strongest so far.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

the escape goat posted:

it'd be rad if she is; it's weird how bisexuality is completely downplayed everywhere lately.
or maybe it's just a Portland thing...
Portland Bi representin'. :getin:

And by representin' I mean I just kind of shrug and go "Eh, I guess," so maybe I'm the problem.

I've been obnoxiously overhyped on Katya since day one, but I have no idea if she could take it all. I'm waiting for Snatch Game before I put my money on any one queen, but I definitely agree on Katya/Violet/Trixie. Even if Violet is basically a monster in the talking heads segments.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
Max gives me Jinkx vibes in a bad way, but I think I am in the minority over my dislike of Jinkx.

I'm in a (small) Drag Race fantasy league, go Violet! (I wish I picked Katya)

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
gently caress Max, Bioshock rear end ho.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I hate that this is opposite Jane The Virgin.

Still, so many GIFs from that mini-challenge.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Ru pronounces gif wrong, show boycotted, protest under construction, stay tuned for hashtag development.

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
i wish they just swapped out Max for Moby and never acknowledged the change on the show.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I loved how Ginger handled Michelle's critique on the runway. Which of course makes her comment at the top of the show foreshadowing! I liked how she handled the challenge, too - how many times have we seen queens unable to delegate well, unwilling to take ownership for faults, etc? I don't know yet if she'll make top three but I hope she's on the show a while and does WoW stuff. I love the Minj! :haw:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Same, I wasn't a huge fan of her runway dress, but she's a great performer and I think she'll be able to nail the runway look in future episodes. She's probably my favorite right now.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Good god, watching Untucked has made me really despise Jasmine Masters. She just will not shut up! Overall I thought the episode itself was kind of boring. I hope next week is much better.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Whoooo have you guys seen the promo snippet for next week? Ru is loving PISSED. :stare:

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

My DVR cut out before I got to see next week's promo, but that sounds intriguing.

New episode of Untucked is up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmhhwWwbFj8

My first impressions based on the last two episodes. Jasmine Masters is like the old and grown up version of Serena Cha Cha; annoying, irrelevant, and not funny. Categorize her under "Queens who take themselves way too seriously". Max is really stunning in and out of drag, in a very androgynous way, but she tends to fade into the background. I don't see her lasting too long, which is unfortunate because I kinda like her whole shtick. At first I wasn't really sure about Kennedy, but drat, she can turn it out. Still mildly intrigued by Fame and Pearl, but I don't know how long they'll stick around. My top faves are Ginger, Katya, Trixie, and Jaidynn Diore Fierce.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Not Today Satan posted:

My DVR cut out before I got to see next week's promo, but that sounds intriguing.

New episode of Untucked is up:

I like how Miss Fame apparently interpreted the suggestion to loosen up as 'be ugly'.
Also I'm liking how chill Pearl comes across in these Untuckeds. My fave at this point is still Katya, I really hope she makes it to the Snatch Game as I have a feeling she'd kill it. Aaaand Jasmine continues to be the only outright unlikeable queen for me. Although 'tone that poo poo down ....... bitch' made me laugh.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I love Ginger :neckbeard:

And for some reason I just adored Michelle's "MEH" during judging.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic
If Ginger Minj keeps going like that, she could take this thing home. Her performance was good, and her responses to Michelle were really good as well.
For me personally, Pearl out of drag might just be the hottest contestant they've ever had. Well, her and April Carrion.

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006
I was taken aback from Jasmine's demeanor in Untucked - she appeared very defensive and had a very us-versus-them mentality. I can see how Trixie's questions may appear to be too probing, but her manner in asking them seems more curious and coming from a place of actually wanting to know and understand (also, obviously, to stir up conversation for the camera). I kind of feel where Trixie is coming from because I tend to ask a lot of questions, because I want to understand where people are coming from in full detail, but I realize this can come off as being judgmental/analytical - like you're questioning someone's story or doubting their authority. (I might be projecting a bit too much here, though.)

It's interesting how the performance queens seem to be - not bullying, but like speaking with very pointed tones to the so-called pretty queens. I'm thinking mainly of Miss Fame (who apparently is still well-liked by many of the contestants) and Pearl (I love her; she has this great understated humor that sneaks up on you). It might just be editing, but it's interesting switch of dynamics. Even Ginger, who is hilarious and fun, when speaking to Pearl in Untucked spoke in a sort of abrasive way, although the underlying message was well-meant. I hope when Jasmine leaves (there is def no way she's getting to the final 3 with her current look) that this rift fades.

There are so many talented, polished queens this season - I love it.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

pandabear posted:

Even Ginger, who is hilarious and fun, when speaking to Pearl in Untucked spoke in a sort of abrasive way, although the underlying message was well-meant. I hope when Jasmine leaves (there is def no way she's getting to the final 3 with her current look) that this rift fades.

Hahaha, during that entire conversation I couldn't help but imagine that in Ginger's mind she's probably thinking "Oh Jeez, just stop talking, you sound like an rear end in a top hat" because it was written all over her face. I don't think the tone was meant to sound chiding or abrasive, it just happened that way. It's also really early on and most of the contestants probably still have their guard up due to it being a new experience and still getting to know each other. Hoping over the course of the season that drops a bit.

That's just what I'm guessing, anyway.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Not Today Satan posted:

Hahaha, during that entire conversation I couldn't help but imagine that in Ginger's mind she's probably thinking "Oh Jeez, just stop talking, you sound like an rear end in a top hat" because it was written all over her face. I don't think the tone was meant to sound chiding or abrasive, it just happened that way. It's also really early on and most of the contestants probably still have their guard up due to it being a new experience and still getting to know each other. Hoping over the course of the season that drops a bit.

That's just what I'm guessing, anyway.
This is the feeling I got from it as well just in the way Ginger looked and was talking. "Oh god drat it that's not how I meant to say that just shut up and save yourself!"

Pearl is amazing looking out of drag. I mean, goddamn.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
It's so funny comparing the thoughts of all you guys in this thread, with those over at Reddit. Aside from the transphobia controversy (of which many of them are just saying 'gently caress the haters'), they are just living for Jasmine. They're saying they love her positive attitude, which I find hard to see after that latest Untucked where she just came out as so just awful. I made a comment about how she seemed so unpolished, and got massively downvoted. I just don't get it.

Edit: Also, I'm really loving Trixie, Ginger, and Katya. I think they'll go far. I suspect Max will trip up on the Match Game, given that he isn't even very good at his own character of the old Hollywood starlet. And it's only a matter of time before Kandy Ho goes. Miss Fame needs to snap out of it, she could go far if she would just loosen up.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 11, 2015

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

they are just living for Jasmine.

There's a whole thread there right now entirely devoted to talking about Jasmine's rudeness in Untucked. If anything they seem to be head over heels for Pearl/Trixie/Katya/Fame/Ginger like just about everyone else.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

There's a whole thread there right now entirely devoted to talking about Jasmine's rudeness in Untucked. If anything they seem to be head over heels for Pearl/Trixie/Katya/Fame/Ginger like just about everyone else.

Oh thank god. I was thinking they had lost their minds.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

blizzardvizard posted:

Whoooo have you guys seen the promo snippet for next week? Ru is loving PISSED. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prz10HNqbQ

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Tendai posted:

This is the feeling I got from it as well just in the way Ginger looked and was talking. "Oh god drat it that's not how I meant to say that just shut up and save yourself!"

Pearl is amazing looking out of drag. I mean, goddamn.

Pearl is adorable out of drag. But I don't know what she's trying to be in drag. Is she a pretty queen, a fashion queen, or an alternative one? What is she trying to do with her character?

e. Ugh, go home Jasmine, I don't like seeing your mug and your horse face making ugly, wrong noises. And your wigs.

e2. Okay I just got to the part where Pearl gave her drag look's theme.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 11, 2015

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
Jasmine is really the only queen this season that I really want to go home. I'm actually interested to see what everyone else has to offer.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Bina posted:

[/video]

Oh no... Pearl used Macbeth's name while preparing to be in a production of Macbeth. RIP Pearl, it's over for you.

And yeah, I don't have any problems with jasmine on the show (aside from that her drag isn't quite up to par with the rest of them) but Untucked is a whole new level.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I wish they'd do an Alaska or Bianca or really any former queen commentary for each episode.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

the escape goat posted:

I wish they'd do an Alaska or Bianca or really any former queen commentary for each episode.

They did for the first episode, was it just a one-off?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

angerbeet posted:

They did for the first episode, was it just a one-off?

so far as I know, yeah. if someone hears otherwise, post it here! not seeing anything on the WOWpresents youtube channel or on logo online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I had no idea how to feel about Pearl. She seemed drolly funny at moments (full-on Detox flashbacks when the eye started twitching) and then completely oblivious in a kind of charming way another second, but now the truth is out: stone cold dumdum. Like, Gia Gunn not knowing what a Delorean is, that's so much more forgivable.

Ru cackling like an absolute loving maniac during the whole safety video thing was like a king(/queen) howling at a court jester in the middle ages is basically the greatest thing ever.

• Locked thread