Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I think MC looks townie out of the whole roleblocker claim thing.

This is some bad false equivalence here. His two posts are talking about completely different things.

I suppose I can't rule out that I'm crazy, if no one is seeing my sign of this. But I've reread that stuff several times now and I'm still seeing it. I see what I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Not voting Cardinal today on account of being the guy that received the message, no matter how dumb.

I'll vote for Magnus. Eating Disorder is too adorable in his naivete, Ernie's case for lynch laughable, and I'm not suicidal enough to vote for me yet.

Besides, Magnus is in his standoffish rear end in a top hat mode, which is a decent indicator of scum for him.

##vote Magnus Gallant

How am I being an rear end in a top hat?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I am TNL's confirmed mason best buddy. We shared a tracker role as long as both of us were still alive.

As I've been saying, this confirms you as town, imho. My guess is you will get killed tonight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Save your ultimatums, they won't be necessary.

I used Ninth as a body double last night, i.e, he'd take my place for the purposes of nightkills.

So, uh, good job, person who hates me.

I think this claim is nonsense. Either MC or MCS is lying about their role, imho. This much kill redirection does not make sense with what we've seen thus far.

Since no one else is seeing MC at the moment, I'll flip to MCS. But they are my top two.

##vote MCS

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

MEDS CURES SCHIZOS (whose avatar is of a MS Paint Adventures character called "Spades Slick")
Bus Driver
Two Probably Mutually Exclusive Possibilities

Left in case I got suddenly killed.

I don't understand what this means. Can you solve the puzzle for me?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Oh also what made you choose MCS to self-roleclaim? I don't get it as a D1 play and I'd like a lot more justification for that as well

I'm curious about this as well.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, I'm caught up. I'm a bit distracted going through my kids nighttime ritual, but I'll be around-ish until deadline for any discussion.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Card that was weird as poo poo

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Im so confused. Someone explain to me like Im a first grader

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Because of the bolded text, this opinion still seems wrong to me, fwiw. Like, I get what you are saying if there were TWO dead masons. At that point a third has absolutely no verification. But with only one dead confirmed town mason, a second mason claiming with no counter claim would pretty much be mod confirmed town for me. By the nature of the role, there have to be at least two.

What the hell is so hard about it?

A: Mod makes one guy a confirmed town mason with no masonry. This accomplishes nothing since he can't talk to anyone and nobody but him knows he's confirmed town.

B: Mod makes two masons who are confirmed town to each other. We have a normal masonry. One of them dies before claiming, the masonry is useless. The remaining mason is not confirmed anything because there's nothing but a single unverifiable claim.

Right now, I buy Asiina's claim because there's nothing else to oppose it. Her night actions click with mine. Nobody is counterclaiming her. However, she is confirmed nothing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What the hell is so hard about it?

A: Mod makes one guy a confirmed town mason with no masonry. This accomplishes nothing since he can't talk to anyone and nobody but him knows he's confirmed town.

B: Mod makes two masons who are confirmed town to each other. We have a normal masonry. One of them dies before claiming, the masonry is useless. The remaining mason is not confirmed anything because there's nothing but a single unverifiable claim.

Right now, I buy Asiina's claim because there's nothing else to oppose it. Her night actions click with mine. Nobody is counterclaiming her. However, she is confirmed nothing.

Is option A something you've actually seen before? Single town confirmed masons that flip as that when they die? That setup seems ridiculous to me. Who would do that?

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Oh also what made you choose MCS to self-roleclaim? I don't get it as a D1 play and I'd like a lot more justification for that as well

I'm willing to unvote if you've got a convincing answer, but we're way too close to the end of D2 for me not to drop a vote and I just don't buy anonymously asking someone to roleclaim first thing on D2 as being in any way good for town

##vote Cardinal Ximenez

I chose the recipient randomly. I was not going to reveal my role, but the confusion of two messengers and a potential lynch forced me.

ok I want to say I see the connection here but I don't and you're gonna have to elaborate a little more on this please

Because of MCS's lack of response, my assumption was that my message was not received due to a bus driver or he was scum.

Now that I think about it, even if he didn't want to roleclaim, he could have said "hey I got message last night too that told me to do this but I'm not!" and prevented a lot of confusion.

Combining this all together, I'm not thinking that's very "town behavior".

##unvote
##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Is option A something you've actually seen before? Single town confirmed masons that flip as that when they die? That setup seems ridiculous to me. Who would do that?

loving EXACTLY. NOBODY WOULD DO THAT, ERGO THERE IS ONE MASON LEFT AND THE MASONRY IS USELESS BECAUSE NEITHER NINTH NOR GOOD SIR DID poo poo TO BREADCRUMB.

Nobody is confirmed anything as a result, except Ninth who is loving dead and still playing this game better than you are.

loving christ. Someone clarify if he's always this dumb?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

I chose the recipient randomly. I was not going to reveal my role, but the confusion of two messengers and a potential lynch forced me.

Because of MCS's lack of response, my assumption was that my message was not received due to a bus driver or he was scum.

Now that I think about it, even if he didn't want to roleclaim, he could have said "hey I got message last night too that told me to do this but I'm not!" and prevented a lot of confusion.

Combining this all together, I'm not thinking that's very "town behavior".

##unvote
##vote MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

Tellin' a guy to roleclaim ain't exactly town behaviour either, friend.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also, Cardinal is apparently upset that I wouldn't breadcrumb bulletproof to an anonymous message. Clearly, not wanting to give away "Can't be killed by nightkills" to someone who might be scum is not town behavior.

I need a goddamm lobotomy to keep playing.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

gently caress it. Magnus, I absolve you of all assholery in the name of Daddy, Junior, and Casper.

Stop the madness. Just stop.

##vote Cardinal Ximinez

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

loving EXACTLY. NOBODY WOULD DO THAT, ERGO THERE IS ONE MASON LEFT AND THE MASONRY IS USELESS BECAUSE NEITHER NINTH NOR GOOD SIR DID poo poo TO BREADCRUMB.

Nobody is confirmed anything as a result, except Ninth who is loving dead and still playing this game better than you are.

loving christ. Someone clarify if he's always this dumb?

I feel like you are the one that isn't getting it. But given I've had three interactions like this now with three different people in this game, you may well be right.

But let me break it down for you:

1.You say option A is impossible. No Mod would do that.
2. This means there are at least two confirmed town masons in the game because we have a mod confirmed flip saying that there was one.
3. This means an un-countered mason claim is CONFIRMED town because there HAVE to be two.

This seems like simple math to me. I'm not sure what is being missed.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I feel like you are the one that isn't getting it. But given I've had three interactions like this now with three different people in this game, you may well be right.

But let me break it down for you:

1.You say option A is impossible. No Mod would do that.
2. This means there are at least two confirmed town masons in the game because we have a mod confirmed flip saying that there was one.
3. This means an un-countered mason claim is CONFIRMED town because there HAVE to be two.

This seems like simple math to me. I'm not sure what is being missed.

Even an uncountered claim is not confirmed until they flip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chic Trombone posted:

Even an uncountered claim is not confirmed until they flip.

So you think it is possible there was a single confirmed mason in this game?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's obvious, though, and if this were anyone other than Betrayer I'd accuse them of fake anger.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

So you think it is possible there was a single confirmed mason in this game?

No, I didn't say that. I said we can't treat anyone as actual confirmed town until they flip. That's how this game works. I believe Asiina's claim, yeah, so I think she's town, but she's not actually Confirmed Town.

Also, Betrayer, take a deep breath buddy

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Cardinal Ximenez (4): Rurea, Chic Trombone, Rurea, Asiina, MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Ernie. (2): CapitalistPig, Rurea, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Rurea, Opopanax
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (2): King Burgundy, Cardinal Ximenez
Magnus Gallant (1): Ernie., MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
Chic Trombone (1): Magnus Gallant
MC Eating Disorder (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Rurea (0): King Burgundy, Cardinal Ximenez, MiltonSlavemasta, King Burgundy, MiltonSlavemasta, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Cardinal Ximenez

Not Voting (3): AnonymousNarcotics, MiltonSlavemasta, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 30 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Chic Trombone posted:

No, I didn't say that. I said we can't treat anyone as actual confirmed town until they flip. That's how this game works. I believe Asiina's claim, yeah, so I think she's town, but she's not actually Confirmed Town.

Also, Betrayer, take a deep breath buddy

Look, I get what you are saying. Blah blah no one is confirmed until flip yadda yadda. But this seems like a rare exception to me. Short of mod wankery, there would be two confirmed town masons in this game at the very least, after we saw one die and flip. If there wasn't a second there are very few excuses for why that would be:

A)Mod puts only one confirmed town mason in the game
B)Faked/wrong flip information about TNL

That is it really.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

...they're confirmed to each other, not us. They both know the other is town. Without that confirmation, they have no idea of each other's actual alignment and have to rely on trust.

Is that so difficult?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

...they're confirmed to each other, not us. They both know the other is town. Without that confirmation, they have no idea of each other's actual alignment and have to rely on trust.

Is that so difficult?

That is a needlessly roundabout way to think about this

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Opopanax posted:

That is a needlessly roundabout way to think about this

I know, but he still doesn't get it if we say it the other way like we did ten times before.

I feel like I need a goddamn Powerpoint to explain this.

Congratulations, King Burgundy. You are making me consider making a Powerpoint to explain something to you like you're in the military and need to be told not to rape people or drive drunk.

I hope you're happy.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also, we're nearing an hour to deadline.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I know, but he still doesn't get it if we say it the other way like we did ten times before.

I feel like I need a goddamn Powerpoint to explain this.

Congratulations, King Burgundy. You are making me consider making a Powerpoint to explain something to you like you're in the military and need to be told not to rape people or drive drunk.

I hope you're happy.

We can table this for now, because yeah, I'm going to need that powerpoint. It isn't relevant as long as no one tries to cuddle Asiina, so I'll just save the rest of the argument for the general mafia thread after this game ends.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AN, Milton, Rurea? Since you three aren't in on this yet, Who do you want to vote?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And Ernie and Magnus, you two have your votes on people that do not look in any danger of going anywhere. Do you have any thoughts on the other vote leaders?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I got your back betrayer.

##vote card

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

WELLLLLLL

I had my vote on Card. And then i re-read and he posted and it made me reconsider.

Im very conflicted. I don't know if he would be my #1 scum pick right now, but he IS scummy.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

its -2 right now with 30 minutes to go

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I kind of believe his claim :shrug:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You could have just voted instead of waffled in an attempt to seem like you have a conscience.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Seriously, newbies and cowards alike, nobody is going to judge you for trying to avoid a no lynch.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Seriously, newbies and cowards alike, nobody is going to judge you for trying to avoid a no lynch.

THERE IS STILL TIME

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

nah nevermind
##vote cardinal

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote cardinal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Votecount for Day 2

Cardinal Ximenez (7): Rurea, Chic Trombone, Rurea, Asiina, MC Eating Disorder, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Magnus Gallant, Rurea, CapitalistPig
MEDS CURE SCHIZOS (2): King Burgundy, Cardinal Ximenez
Ernie. (1): CapitalistPig, Rurea, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant, Rurea, Opopanax, CapitalistPig
Magnus Gallant (1): Ernie., MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
MC Eating Disorder (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
Rurea (0): King Burgundy, Cardinal Ximenez, MiltonSlavemasta, King Burgundy, MiltonSlavemasta, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Cardinal Ximenez
Chic Trombone (0): Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant

Not Voting (2): AnonymousNarcotics, MiltonSlavemasta

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is March 10th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 12 minutes.

:redhammer:

• Locked thread