Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

I get home, kick on the ps4 aaaand rockstar games services are unavailable. I just want to download the patch while I make dinner, you fuckers!

Also has anyone made a death match with forced flare guns yet, because that should be a thing.

:bigtran:

E: :bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Policenaut posted:

Sounds like I shouldn't bother trying to heist anything tonight until it gets very late, and that's fine by me.

I'll be home at about 915p PDT (about 6 or so hours from now) for more heist'ing pending server woes. :hfive:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jonesy posted:

I get home, kick on the ps4 aaaand rockstar games services are unavailable. I just want to download the patch while I make dinner, you fuckers!

Also has anyone made a death match with forced flare guns yet, because that should be a thing.

:bigtran:

E: :bsdsnype:

If you keep it in rest mode it auto downloads and installs patches

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Ty; what a glorious future we live in.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Okay, servers are down, so what has the Heist Update added to single-player?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Okay, servers are down, so what has the Heist Update added to single-player?

It added more excuse to play single-layer while you wait for servers to be up.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
When I got kicked back to SP earlier, I got a message that new cars were available. So, you can test the cars out the guess.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Rockstar Mastermind Challenge – Get all Heist members online simultaneously in order to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Flares own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRRSHaIeF5s

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kelly posted:

When I got kicked back to SP earlier, I got a message that new cars were available. So, you can test the cars out the guess.

but really no.

The new cars "added" are the massaco, conquette classic, and some other one that has been in the game for a year. also, special vehicles now replace a vehicle in your garage instead of spawning outside of it which completely fucks up the utility of the special vehicles.

As far as i can see, nothing from the new update made it into single player, and single player got worse.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm gonna laugh if the R* Social Club servers are running on the same computers the game servers are on as well... cause social club is running sketchy as gently caress right now as well.

pretend I posted that broken Rockstar.gif right here.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I assume R* servers are down? I'm getting a "Files required from the rockstar servers can't be downloaded." error. I also was booted directly to SP when I loaded it up.

Seems like par for course, but of course these fun new goodies can't be used offline either :( Not even the loving flaregun, dammit! Has anyone seen if PS3 works instead of PS4? Or if the ps3 version allows flaregun offline fun, much like my beloved fireworks launcher? It seems dumb and stupid but I found for whatever reason the ps4 version doesn't allow either of them for playing with in SP.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 11, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Powershift posted:

but really no.

The new cars "added" are the massaco, conquette classic, and some other one that has been in the game for a year. also, special vehicles now replace a vehicle in your garage instead of spawning outside of it which completely fucks up the utility of the special vehicles.

As far as i can see, nothing from the new update made it into single player, and single player got worse.

Haha are you serious? I've been thinking I could at least check out the new cars in SP when I log on later. Goddamn it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Almost glad they delayed PC so some of this might be fixed by then. Then again,

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

I like everything about this. The blood smeared Voltic, the guy on fire....

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Just launched a solo session, and beforehand it made me agree to a new R* policy then loaded up.

...... and it's just kicked me. At least I made it in, though.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

There it is.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I made it in, anyone up for heist #2 on PS4? PSN: mr_dread

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
Trying on Xbone now, if anyone wants to join. I'll be around for a few hours. GT Matazar.

Fake Edit: So far just solo sessions, so at least I'm able to go buy new clothes and masks.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Managed a brief solo session since I have a few things on the go here for a bit.
Spawned in garage like normal, but noticed my Dukes wasn't there, so I assumed it was impounded or outside.
Drove around for a few min, called the mechanic to have it delivered. He, of course, will "get right on it." Calls me back about ten seconds later and said he couldn't bring it to me.
Called him again, and it's not listed in the drat apartment anymore (it was at first).
Now I'm gonna have to buy/mod my favorite car all over again. gently caress.

Gonna be up to start heisting in a half hour or so. Gotta pay for that Dukes somehow!

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I'm medievelknievel on 360 if anyone wants to save me from heists with pubbies.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Trying my luck at loggin on again. Otherwise I might just have to spend my time watching powers or somecrap.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ps4 servers are slow as gently caress but working. i'm slowing trying to grind up to 12 for the heists now.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

A c E posted:

Trying on Xbone now, if anyone wants to join. I'll be around for a few hours. GT Matazar.

Fake Edit: So far just solo sessions, so at least I'm able to go buy new clothes and masks.

I'm also up for heists and missions if any other Xbox one goons want to play.

Gamer tag is Biodome

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Got dropped in the middle of lesters intro to heists, stop breaking my heart rockstar, I haven't even fired a flare yet :negative:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Well then, kinda glad I bought (well, got for "free") and downloaded Helldivers late last night. At least I'll have something to do whilst waiting for the broken rear end R* servers later. :sigh:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Ahaha, awesome, I am in. Psn= scyron57 I just need like 400k more to actually host heists, but I am willing to participate, if I can.

edit; So I just found a new Weazel news fan to replace my destroyed uninsured one, but it appears there is a ton of new upgrade options on it. Turbo, engine, suspension, transmission and different wheels/windows. Was any of this ever in before, on the ps4? The last time I toyed with my van was like August last year on the ps3, and only featured very small mods like; respray, explosive, loss/prevention and sell.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 11, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
That gets me to thinking - so if you front the cash for a heist... get into the main heist after the setups but then get disconnected/punted/booted/server implosion, are you out the :homebrew: you fronted for the Heist or do you get refunded or can you just restart the Heist when you're reconnected?

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

It's been a while since I've touched this game. I decided to try it again on a lark yesterday and you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that heists were added this morning. I managed to do the whole tutorial heist before the servers got too unstable to actually play.

Are the PS3 and PS4 versions able to play with each other? In any case, I'm on PS3 and my PSN is "elthmysterius". Add me and I'll hop on in a bit to try to heist some more.

EDIT: I assume the 1000-1009 crew is defunct, but I like the crew icon enough to keep it active. :frog:

Elth fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 11, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Elth posted:

EDIT: I assume the 1000-1009 crew is defunct, but I like the crew icon enough to keep it active. :frog:

Yeah we're all in LLJK now. I kind of want this :homebrew: to be our new crew logo - frozen w/ his hand in the air and the bills everywhere. :v:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Elth posted:

It's been a while since I've touched this game. I decided to try it again on a lark yesterday and you can imagine my surprise when I discovered that heists were added this morning. I managed to do the whole tutorial heist before the servers got too unstable to actually play.

Are the PS3 and PS4 versions able to play with each other? In any case, I'm on PS3 and my PSN is "elthmysterius". Add me and I'll hop on in a bit to try to heist some more.

LLJK and no, there is no cross play. PS3 is 16 players, ps4 is 30 and paid to play( requires a plus subscription).

Did you always have 1.2 mil sitting around or is there some other heist tutorial I am missing?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

titties posted:

I made it in, anyone up for heist #2 on PS4? PSN: mr_dread

YO when I get home it's time for:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Got dropped the moment I set foot in my heist room. I think I'll let it simmer for another 12 hours before trying again.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Scyron posted:

Did you always have 1.2 mil sitting around or is there some other heist tutorial I am missing?

I'm talking about the Fleeca Bank heist that Lester pays the upfront cost for. Are there really heists with an upfront cost of 1.2mil? :stare:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Elth posted:

I'm talking about the Fleeca Bank heist that Lester pays the upfront cost for. Are there really heists with an upfront cost of 1.2mil? :stare:

To host, it requires 1.25m or a (shark card somethingsomethingoranother).

In that case, I guess I can do the fleeca bank one. I tried really early in the day but I didn't know how it would play out for my limited time I had before work.

welp I made my first mistake of the night. Paid 100k to supe up my weazel van and the neons don't even show. :( Now I am even further behind on trying to host one. :\

Scyron fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 11, 2015

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
These heist jobs are filling up instantly. Erm, Add me: Digitist (ps4)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

so what is my target level/equipment to not be useless in a heist?

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Scyron posted:

To host, it requires 1.25m or a (shark card somethingsomethingoranother).

Well I guess I'll be stuck trying to join heists for a while then!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hey! The large minimap tags are indeed fixed. Big unfucked minimaps for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Elth posted:

added u

• Locked thread