Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Genetic Toaster posted:

Stamper stories are best stories.

I'm still incredibly jealous that they get to hang out with Stamper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

I cannot loving believe that actually removed Vergil's ugly rear end fedora.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hubris.height posted:

its hella weird that pat thinks "begins to cry like a little bitch when you leave the room" is a selling point on dogs

Not to mention some dogs will literally destroy your poo poo because they think you left forever when you stepped out for a few hours. Object permanence my rear end. That aside, cats vs. dogs is always a dumb debate because there will always be poo poo dogs and poo poo cats just as there will always be awesome dogs and awesome cats. If you dislike one or the other is probably just because you haven't been around the right dog/cat.

From last week's podcast, regarding the Reboot reboot - Pat (I think) was saying he was disappointed they ended the original on a cliffhanger with Daemon - or was wondering if the new series would touch on that. Woolie pointed out that they wrapped it up with a whole movie (which got divided into a season for tv play later) but I don't think he mentioned the part where they sort of ended on a whole nother cliffhanger of Megabyte being back, free, and being able to shapeshift and disguise himself as anyone.

Or did I forget something?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Matt, there's an Indy wrestling promotion called CHIKARA that has done a time travel angle twice. You guys would enjoy it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TUS posted:

Matt, there's an Indy wrestling promotion called CHIKARA that has done a time travel angle twice. You guys would enjoy it.

Plus there was a guy named Player Uno who would pause if the start button on his NES themed pants was pressed. PLUS Sweet and Sour Larry Sweeney (RIP in peace) the 22 time holder of the COVETED ICW/ICWA Texarkana television championship.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

One Way Heroics has totally been out for a long time. It's really good

it's also like a dollar http://store.steampowered.com/app/266210/

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 10, 2015

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
That story in the start of the podcast is great

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TUS posted:

Like Lance Steel, the medieval knight who was transported to modern day and decided to become a wrestler. Or his tag team partner, Lance Steel, the same medieval knight from 5 minutes in the past, who ended up turning heel on him because his young mind was corrupted by the evils of modern day society and they had a Loser Leaves This Time Period match.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You guys might as well be speaking gibberish.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Oxyclean posted:

Not to mention some dogs will literally destroy your poo poo because they think you left forever when you stepped out for a few hours.

That's not a fault with the dog. That's a fault with negligent training on the part of a lovely owner.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rhonne posted:

Like Lance Steel, the medieval knight who was transported to modern day and decided to become a wrestler. Or his tag team partner, Lance Steel, the same medieval knight from 5 minutes in the past, who ended up turning heel on him because his young mind was corrupted by the evils of modern day society and they had a Loser Leaves This Time Period match.

Or Ultramantis Black, who leads a stable that's also a Lovecraftian cult.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Okay. I need to watch CHIKARA now. Any good sources on what are the best matches/ways to get up to date?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

pulp rag posted:

Okay. I need to watch CHIKARA now. Any good sources on what are the best matches/ways to get up to date?

The best place to ask that would be the Chikara thread in PSP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3703181

The people there who will be able to fill you in more on the storylines and where to get their DVDs.

You can also check out their youtube page where they'll put up promos and even a few matches https://www.youtube.com/user/CHIKARAoffice/featured

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hubris.height posted:

its hella weird that pat thinks "begins to cry like a little bitch when you leave the room" is a selling point on dogs

my cat does this and it's very cute. She also gets up from naps if she notices me leaving and I feel bad. someone should get pat a cat

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie unironically saying "So she's giving birth to herself. That makes sense." is parasite eve in a nutshell.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Or Ultramantis Black, who leads a stable that's also a Lovecraftian cult.

Who really REALLY loves Christmas.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 11, 2015

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

Woolie unironically saying "So she's giving birth to herself. That makes sense." is parasite eve in a nutshell.

I think all the sperm has somehow caused them to lose track of things.
I just wanna see the dancing zombie T-Rex already.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I would have loved to see that Steel Battalion tournament.

Also, Matt is spot-on with a Battletoads remake: Mega Man 9 it. Take the NES version and just make new levels. Keep everything else the same. Separate the men from the boys. :getin:

Edit: Oh poo poo, shoutouts to :iiam:. Woolie knows of the SA smilies. And Matt: I just bought Ori and the Blind Forest as well. I can't wait to go home and play it.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 11, 2015

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

HGH posted:

I think all the sperm has somehow caused them to lose track of things.
I just wanna see the dancing zombie T-Rex already.

All I can imagine is the vengeful spirit of Brodus Clay, furiously dancing at the protagonists.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hey, I guess Pat can die happy now. Super Best Friend directly mentioned in the Bombcast.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Tae posted:

Hey, I guess Pat can die happy now. Super Best Friend directly mentioned in the Bombcast.

holy poo poo, can you say what timestamp or section this is mentioned?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

FauxGateau posted:

I'm still incredibly jealous that they get to hang out with Stamper.

I'm jealous of myself!

Also, Pat comparing cats to dogs is stupid. I've owned a cat and a dog, and I love them both dearly. Putting labels on them is just weird to me. At the end of the day they are animals, and as long as they are are reasonably well trained, they both have their pros and cons.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the con to dogs being they are really dumb and smelly

Kidding, my roommate's dog is really cool, so they aren't all bad

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Ori is gorgeous and is one of those rare games that reminds me of why I still play video games at all. The first 10 minutes just about made me cry. I want to keep playing but I have work tomorrow. Fuuuuuuuuck.

Gestalt Illusion
May 28, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo, can you say what timestamp or section this is mentioned?

It's not as exciting as you might think, a new listener wrote in saying that he found the bombcast via the mentions on the friendcast.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

:ms:

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

TheRealestMatt posted:

Also, Pat comparing cats to dogs is stupid. I've owned a cat and a dog, and I love them both dearly. Putting labels on them is just weird to me. At the end of the day they are animals, and as long as they are are reasonably well trained, they both have their pros and cons.

:agreed:

though it is really nice to not have to be personally responsible for whether something poops or pees on your carpet because you slept too long.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When was the last time a cat dialed 911 to save its owner in peril???

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

2012 according to a cursory Google

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Yeah Ori sounds like a game I might like, hard is it may be. I might nab a code while I get Xenoverse

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Or you can just not get Xenoverse since it has no redeeming qualities.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Or you can just not get Xenoverse since it has no redeeming qualities.

I'd consider "ability to make RAGE in the character creator" a redeeming quality.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DBZ time cop is a great idea, but I have more important games to get.

Guys Bloodborne is nigh

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Both cats and dogs are dumb. Xenoverse is not dumb, but it wouldn't hurt to wait for a sale if you're on PC and it is very much a nostalgia/fanboy game thru and thru.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

What the hell is this mystery box game.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
matt, i hope you're ready for the torrent of comments, tweets, emails, etc (including this post) pointing out that you did not once mention fartgas while el torrente was farting viscous clouds of noxious fartgas

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That Mystery Box was amazing. What a great idea for a series.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Guys, you would not believe me. I have, honest to god, seen that game before, I remember it from some guy's review. They actually released it in Russia, slapped some media celebrity's name on it (Roman Trachtenberg, died in 2009) and changed the character's model to resemble it. Well, changed is too strong a word, they simply recolored his hair. Oh, and said celebrity acted out the cutscenes, too. Surely because this video game looked really promising.

Here's the guy losing his mind over this game (in Russian), and it is ABSOLUTELY, 100% the same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2acfaF3v4&t=82s

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Oh my loving god. I just saw Vinny play this stupid game like a month ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwY4z_umCzU

It's so bad. I need to watch the Best Friends suffer, now.

Also, I'm tossing my vote in for playing Gulman 2 for the next Mystery Box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I think the first episode of every new LP should be a Mystery Box, that way people can constantly speculate on what's a one off and what isn;t

Also, Mystery Box Incredible Crisis when?