Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Real hurthling! posted:

so what is my target level/equipment to not be useless in a heist?

Have a gun and a mic. Buy a shitload of snacks, and grab the best armor you can get.

Preferably assault rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bondematt posted:

Have a gun and a mic. Buy a shitload of snacks, and grab the best armor you can get.

Preferably assault rifle.

thanks.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Scyron posted:

To host, it requires 1.25m or a (shark card somethingsomethingoranother).

In that case, I guess I can do the fleeca bank one. I tried really early in the day but I didn't know how it would play out for my limited time I had before work.

welp I made my first mistake of the night. Paid 100k to supe up my weazel van and the neons don't even show. :( Now I am even further behind on trying to host one. :\

No it doesn't

The first heist would cost $12k if you started it yourself. the second heist cost $40k, the third $62 i think.

You get to decide the cut. it defaults to 55/15/15/15, with the second heist which cost $40k to start, that's $220k to 60 to 60 to 60. I cut it down to $160/80/80/80 and everybody seemed fine with that. I made $120k profit, the team made $80k. no shark cards involved.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Can anyone on PS4 help me with my one-on-one deathmatch daily objective?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Powershift posted:

No it doesn't

The first heist would cost $12k if you started it yourself. the second heist cost $40k, the third $62 i think.

You get to decide the cut. it defaults to 55/15/15/15, with the second heist which cost $40k to start, that's $220k to 60 to 60 to 60. I cut it down to $160/80/80/80 and everybody seemed fine with that. I made $120k profit, the team made $80k. no shark cards involved.

I guess I am going on what R* mentioned where to host, you need level 12, a fancy expensive apartment, and some capital. They mentioned 1.25m, maybe that is just for all of them or to still have fun funds left over, I dunno. Maybe they are trying to introduce a F2P model by mentioning explicitly the shark card.

I never looked into it, since I am short, but I'd also rather try and join heists first, then try to host one.

Anyhow I just got off, no one accepted or could accept? my request for Fleeca bank setup, so I logged off. I also have a migraine. I should be back on later. No more than 3 hours, and maybe some liquor fun times.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hiddenriverninja posted:

YO when I get home it's time for:

If we can put together a group. Just spent better than half-an-hour with Brightman and Craptacular trying to get a 4th for the second heist, and despite having over a dozen goons on my friend list nobody was available to join. I'll try again when you get on.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Well, I was just in and ready to roll the prison break heist again. But now I'm back out. :(

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Scyron posted:

I guess I am going on what R* mentioned where to host, you need level 12, a fancy expensive apartment, and some capital. They mentioned 1.25m, maybe that is just for all of them or to still have fun funds left over, I dunno. Maybe they are trying to introduce a F2P model by mentioning explicitly the shark card.

That was a troll edited together by another poster in this thread, mate.. You need some money but not that much. First heist is $11.5k, second seems to be around $40k, etc. You can make enough in two contact missions

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
I'm in ps3, getting the intro from Lester.

My stealth and driving swapped too. Which is just fine, driving is easy to raise.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I can't even get into the game on PS4 right now. I just wanna do the new heist with Duke, Digital, and Otis but it won't let me :(

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Same :( I'm even getting invitations in single player that wind up not working, some kinda tease bullshit

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Seems Online for 360 is completely hosed right now for me, can't even get into online, let alone join/host a heist.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
What a poo poo show. literallygary and I came so close...

...to getting to the second phase of the first heist.

Thanks for the :effort: Rockstar.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
How are people even online, I just get slapped back out for even trying

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Kelly posted:

What a poo poo show. literallygary and I came so close...

...to getting to the second phase of the first heist.

Thanks for the :effort: Rockstar.

Same. I was hoping to unlock those vehicles.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Slim Killington posted:

How are people even online, I just get slapped back out for even trying

I got in on PS4 but nobody in the server has any guns and I can't talk to Lester or any ammunation vendors.

It's really weird, a server of like 15 people and nobody shooting... so weird...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I tried for about 20 minutes to get in before it finally let me, and I'm too afraid to do any kind of instanced job/heist so I'm playing pretty pretty princess dress-up by trying to find an appropriate Hotline Miami's Jacket costume.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Policenaut posted:

I can't even get into the game on PS4 right now. I just wanna do the new heist with Duke, Digital, and Otis but it won't let me :(

Still trapped at work for another 2 hours, ya :canada:'ian!

:(

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Policenaut posted:

I tried for about 20 minutes to get in before it finally let me, and I'm too afraid to do any kind of instanced job/heist so I'm playing pretty pretty princess dress-up by trying to find an appropriate Hotline Miami's Jacket costume.

I finally got in and got into the heist board but I don't think invites are actually doing anything

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I was receiving invites but my buddy isn't getting any of mine. Curse you, not 100% functioning thing we waited a year and a half for!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

I was receiving invites but my buddy isn't getting any of mine. Curse you, not 100% functioning thing we waited a year and a half for!

Policenaut and I were having this problem last night till one of us switched whatever random free roam session we were in for another then he joined right up.

I was host and he was trying to join - as soon as he loaded into a new one he was able to get/accept/use the heist invite.

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Whichever goon is Korova_Studios jump on so we can finish this heist. The other 3 of us are already on.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Policenaut posted:

I finally got it started and got an invite out to you

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

We need a fourth for the prison break, msg Mr_Dread if you want in (ps4)

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Who's playing Free Aim and who's in Auto?
Auto-aim doesn't seem to be as much as an issue when you have the armoured car.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Thanks pubbie for making me get a finger cramp while it took you forever to "drill" while I was on crowd control. Then you left the session. I really want the Kuruma :(

Also Rockstar, if I opt in or out of a heist queue, please return me to the session I was in instead of making me go through two session loads, one of them where I'm usually free falling.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Slim Killington posted:

I finally got it started and got an invite out to you

Ah poo poo I just noticed this, oh well I guess I'll wait for Duke to come back for the next heist.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Me, Craptacular, and RadValtar are trying to start up the second heist chain right now and we need a fourth. We're trying to coerce some goons in other parties but if someone wants to join us that's not online that'd help.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

Brightman posted:

Me, Craptacular, and RadValtar are trying to start up the second heist chain right now and we need a fourth. We're trying to coerce some goons in other parties but if someone wants to join us that's not online that'd help.

I'm DarkBlue145 on PS4. Looking for some bros. haven't gotten crew invite yet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Do heists be workin now, people?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Feenix posted:

Do heists be workin now, people?

A few of us just successfully went through one, yeah.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Slim Killington posted:

A few of us just successfully went through one, yeah.

I'm literally stuck in the clouds. (Joining GTA Online).

It's been like 10 min.

[edit] Ok I'm finally in. How weird. Anyone doing first Heist want a 4th? :D

PS4 ILL_MITCH

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Surely the heist isn't scripted so that random prison guard sniffs you out for no apparent reason...

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Surely the heist isn't scripted so that random prison guard sniffs you out for no apparent reason...

It has to be, we looked all over for a different route or thing to do. It's just how the mission goes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah just start shooting, that guy's a dick.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Surely they wouldn't want the guy in the plane who is supposed to be dodging non-stop missiles from the Lazer to instead be chasing said Lazer while you ground based nerds stumble around down there. :v:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Duke Chin posted:

Surely they wouldn't want the guy in the plane who is supposed to be dodging non-stop missiles from the Lazer to instead be chasing said Lazer while you ground based nerds stumble around down there. :v:

The Lazers in our game didn't get a single missile off :smug:
But yeah that's totally because if you just chase it down it never shoots at you

So it takes forever to get the next Lester call and I'm impatient, so I'm up for helping whoever out with whatever heist they're on

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Shachi posted:

I'm DarkBlue145 on PS4. Looking for some bros. haven't gotten crew invite yet.

Sorry but Craptacular split off and we joined BitBasher and someone else. Second heist setup is real deal setup stuff, kinda cool.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Feenix posted:

[edit] Ok I'm finally in. How weird. Anyone doing first Heist want a 4th? :D

PS4 ILL_MITCH

1st heist is 2-player. We do need a fourth for heist #2, 3rd setup mission. PSN: mr_dread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Yo, Reaper. What the dick

• Locked thread