Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I've been parked outside of Fleeca SO long I'm getting idle kick warnings because this dude can't hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!

Feenix posted:

I've been parked outside of Fleeca SO long I'm getting idle kick warnings because this dude can't hack.

quite possibly the easiest hack interface yet, too. loool

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

fyodor posted:

quite possibly the easiest hack interface yet, too. loool

I think he's stoned, to boot.

It's been 15 minutes.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Is there some sort of trick to getting picked up by the Cargobob? I'm underneath his shadow and even a bit to the left and he still won't pick me up. We've tried 3 times already.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

HiriseSoftware posted:

Is there some sort of trick to getting picked up by the Cargobob? I'm underneath his shadow and even a bit to the left and he still won't pick me up. We've tried 3 times already.
You have to hang around under it for a bit, not just zip under it.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Croccers posted:

I'm definitely loitering underneath the helicopter, even with cops all over me. I'm just not sure how accurate I need to be and for how long.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

HiriseSoftware posted:

I'm definitely loitering underneath the helicopter, even with cops all over me. I'm just not sure how accurate I need to be and for how long.

I wouldn't be surprised if this had to do with how long the server is taking to communicate tonight. "Waiting for players" screens are going past 5 minutes of waiting at times.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Feenix posted:

I think he's stoned, to boot.

It's been 15 minutes.

:stonk: It's literally just playing... snake. Or tron. It's a game that has been around for 30 years.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Slim Killington posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if this had to do with how long the server is taking to communicate tonight. "Waiting for players" screens are going past 5 minutes of waiting at times.

I would hope that it's that. With the server problems I'm so close to finishing this and the fact that it won't finish is stupid.

Edit: Finished it finally! For some reason the other attempts didn't even show the magnet dangling under the helicopter...

HiriseSoftware fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Mar 11, 2015

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
how do you continue on from setup to the next mission with the same crew? it always dumps me out back to session. does the heist host/leader need to invite to the next mission?

edit: not that it matters when, after a mission, i get stuck on a black screen indefinitely.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 11, 2015

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

omg chael crash posted:

Yo, Reaper. What the dick

:bahgawd:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The Prison Break finale as Demolitions is pretty great for those of us who like flying Helicopters (and do a good job at it), much recommended.

Great work guys, fun playing with you and the background talk

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Demo is the best job on Prison Break.

Also noticed on the setup board in the plan for guard/inmate, it lists clearing out NOOSE as a mission objective. So no, there is no way to do it without the massive firefight.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Jumping on for some Hei$ting and trying to host some.

Also streaming for the gently caress of it, because I am sure to fail pretty good.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I actually played a LTS that was :ohdear:
FUN
Snipers Vs Stunters or something.
Now I'm stuck in the clouds though.

When I'm out of the clouds I'm up for some Heisting. PS4, PSN is ArfCroc. I have mic.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Croccers posted:

Poot and I were able to drive nearly at full speed and only had to slow down a bit before we were scooped up immediately.

MrLonghair posted:

The Prison Break finale as Demolitions is pretty great for those of us who like flying Helicopters (and do a good job at it), much recommended.

I had a fun time as demo guy as well. Destroyed the bus then used the homing launcher on the jets while making my way down the runway to the buzzard. Then Just getting to clear out everything Before making the escape.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Buffy Wang and Crystal Candy are doing the second heist and nobody wants to join up and I don't understand why because our herpes hasn't flared up in quite a while now.

Add CuteAsHeck on PSN for a good time ;)

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Cute as heck posted:

I don't understand why because our herpes hasn't flared up in quite a while now.

Add CuteAsHeck on PSN for a good time ;)

Speak for yourself. Also please join, we need 2 more come play my lord

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Just did the intro heist and even that was pretty drat fun. How long do the other heists take from start to finish? 2-3 hours like the preview said?

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
The set up mission for the Prison heist where you need to get the car off the boat is so loving hard. Drive literally 5 miles while cops and enemies come at you from all directions the entire way.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Lyer posted:

Just did the intro heist and even that was pretty drat fun. How long do the other heists take from start to finish? 2-3 hours like the preview said?

If you set it on hard, you get no extra lives and 1 death is an insta-fail, so it stretches it out somewhat.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

im gay posted:

The set up mission for the Prison heist where you need to get the car off the boat is so loving hard. Drive literally 5 miles while cops and enemies come at you from all directions the entire way.

I forget who I did that one so successfully that we had no cops for company with but I simply didn't fire back at the gang we stole it from. No idea if the driver had stars his side of things, we took out all the guys on the boat (I climbed up high on the crane-things and sniped, parachutes on top so you can basejump).

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Lyer posted:

Me, BitBasher, Brightman and another guy just did all the setup and the second heist and it took around 3 hours with about 3 or 4 restarts.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

MrLonghair posted:

Yeah, right until people are screaming "OH MY GOD Don't shoot missiles next to my [important thing]! poo poo that almost killed us!"

People getting panicky got no reason. Pffft!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

BitBasher posted:

Yeah, right until people are screaming "OH MY GOD Don't shoot missiles next to my [important thing]! poo poo that almost killed us!"

People getting panicky got no reason. Pffft!

No that was me one time when a cop car pulled the magic Hollywood nitro launch towards the prison transport and ground-players the moment I launched the missile that would have been 110% safe. Like one player-character width away from being too close.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
That was fun guys, 420 get a mic haha!

cka
May 3, 2004

Maytag posted:

That was fun guys, 420 get a mic haha!

yeah this, also good shootin (I am illigan)

gently caress those heists are way too fun... way late but worth the wait I think

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Yeah, Prison Break was a really fun heist. I really want to try being the demolitionist next time.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Did R* ever give a reason why you can't use suppressed pistols in cars?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Rad Valtar posted:

Me, BitBasher, Brightman and another guy just did all the setup and the second heist and it took around 3 hours with about 3 or 4 restarts.

Was a fun time.

Pro tip: If you're the pilot just follow behind the jets and they can't shoot you, in theory if you do that demolitions wouldn't have to do next to anything but might as well blow them up. The inside of the prison part sounds hectic.

The key is to load up on snacks and extra body armor for most of this. Watched a stream of some stoner bros trying to get the 10 million bonus, the final mission for the prison break had like three die rapid fire. Their reactions were pretty great.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
nevermind

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

The thing about being the ground team in Prison Break is that there are a lot of NOOSE, who all have body armour and automatic weapons, there's not a lot of cover, and you don't have all that much ammo. You really need to be going for headshots all the time if you want to get out of the prison in a decent amount of time.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is there matchmaking for heists at all? Being on GMT with a grown up job means I usually miss all the late night US timezone based shenanigans.

Eds
May 25, 2007

Just had a great time with Matazar (spelling?) and another couple of goons heisting on Xbone. Sorry I was so poo poo and that the sun here was so goddamn blindingly bright I couldn't see a thing. I'll probably be back on in a couple hours' time, whereupon I will immediately commence loving up while trying to host babby's first bank job.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Otiiiiiiiiis come back we need you for the stealthy thing!

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Goons on the XBONE GT:Slayer15977

do the heisty things!

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Has anyone had any success duplicating cars after the patch? I can't get it to work and I'm down to 9 million after I bought 10 of those armored sports cars.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

Otiiiiiiiiis come back we need you for the stealthy thing!

That EMP seems to have fried my internet at the worst possible moment. -_-

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
How long have you guys had to wait to get the call for the second heist? It's been hours and I still haven't gotten it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Scorched Spitz posted:

How long have you guys had to wait to get the call for the second heist? It's been hours and I still haven't gotten it.

Join a new session. I waited for about an hour, but as soon as I swapped sessions I got it in less than a minute.

• Locked thread