Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't think I've ever hated how much more competent the cops are in this iteration of the series than I do right now
I'm so sorry :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Traded playthroughs of the Intro heist with the housemate today. Can't wait to get down this weekend with some goons :frogc00l: :homebrew:

Also, new 3 Alta St. lobby and other textures revamp :iia:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The Humane stealth mission is incredible and is good for making an entire team feel like professional bad-asses :black101:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm so sorry :negative:

It isn't a problem, we would have gotten it eventually and I'll pick you up again tomorrow if you're around but it is goddamn 5 in the morning and I have to sleep at least a little i <3 u

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I would suggest if no-one is joining your heist, that you drop out and you'll get flooded with invites to other heists.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

N is for Nipples posted:

Join a new session. I waited for about an hour, but as soon as I swapped sessions I got it in less than a minute.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. :(

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Mizer/Oti/Duke I just realized I had been talking into a muted mic since after we finished up, sorry if it looked like I just disappeared.

Also excellent work tonight fellas, that was a blast.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I'm insanely eager to become disconnected at the least opportune moment.

gently caress you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Anybody open for heists around 930 EST? Servers permitting anyway..

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I'll be on after 9 PM est tonight. Hopefully it goes better. Sounds like you all had better luck later? I gave up around 9...after literallygary and I finished part one of the first heist, the game froze and I couldn't get back online when I started it again.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Kelly posted:

I'll be on after 9 PM est tonight. Hopefully it goes better. Sounds like you all had better luck later? I gave up around 9...after literallygary and I finished part one of the first heist, the game froze and I couldn't get back online when I started it again.

Yeah, literallygary and I managed to finally complete that heist about an hour and a half later. Servers seemed to behave themselves (more or less, this is Rockstar) about 20 min after you called it a night.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Eds posted:

Just had a great time with Matazar (spelling?) and another couple of goons heisting on Xbone. Sorry I was so poo poo and that the sun here was so goddamn blindingly bright I couldn't see a thing. I'll probably be back on in a couple hours' time, whereupon I will immediately commence loving up while trying to host babby's first bank job.

Yeah I had fun even though we kept having to restart.

If I knew the cop part was so easy I would have gone onto the other team since I have enough money to keep putting new body armor on. It's too bad there isn't a way to swap teams when you have to restart like that.

Feenix posted:

I've been parked outside of Fleeca SO long I'm getting idle kick warnings because this dude can't hack.

I hosed up hacking too. First two sections were easy but I kept making stupid mistakes on the last screen. Now I know to be the driver when I'm not sober.

I also hosed up the drilling because I didn't read the text in the corner. I was terrible at the first heist.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Slim Killington posted:

Mizer/Oti/Duke I just realized I had been talking into a muted mic since after we finished up, sorry if it looked like I just disappeared.

Also excellent work tonight fellas, that was a blast.

Hah nice - no worries we just did a couple rando missions then packed it up for the night. We all make a great, if not terribly silent, crew. :v:

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
So what's the deal with the armored Kuruma windows? I had full black on mine and someone was able to shoot me through them. I switched to limo glass and tried to shoot at the windows myself, they cracked but didn't break. I tried also with black and they didn't break either. Is it just a bug with black windows?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

They don't seem to be 100% bulletproof. There was a video posted earlier in this thread from yesterday morning that showed that 1) someone with a rocket launcher couldn't blow up the thing, but then someone was later able to kill the driver after the car took substantial damage.

Ziploc and I head out to scope Fleeca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24ad6kLMeg

And learn that Lester's car is not very durable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YXfMPPfT-Y

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Ziploc and I head out to scope Fleeca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N24ad6kLMeg

And learn that Lester's car is not very durable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YXfMPPfT-Y

I thought you guys might have been joking that you blew the car up. But nope, you were not. Incredible.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Elth posted:

The thing about being the ground team in Prison Break is that there are a lot of NOOSE, who all have body armour and automatic weapons, there's not a lot of cover, and you don't have all that much ammo. You really need to be going for headshots all the time if you want to get out of the prison in a decent amount of time.

Not if you detour to ammunation before hitting the prison.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

I thought you guys might have been joking that you blew the car up. But nope, you were not. Incredible.

Yeah unfortunately pS4 didn't save the entire clip. I had even saved just a minute or two prior (the 1st video) :argh: Anyway, an NPC car had done some R* AI stuff and bumped me then I ramped off a pedestrian to end up on the hill.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That car mission for the first heist is actually pretty tough. Gang members showing up and blasting you every time you chill out and attempt to hide from the police.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I was SO excited after that first mission, Camden. That may actually be the biggest upset I've ever had in video games, man.

Hope you actually some done at some point.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

omg chael crash posted:

I was SO excited after that first mission, Camden. That may actually be the biggest upset I've ever had in video games, man.

Hope you actually some done at some point.

Oh I know - when we spawned back in my apartment, for a split second it looked like we were ready to launch the next part and then no luck. I was actually pissed off I had to restart. Luckily you caught that it didn't cost anything yet (which is great considering neither of us was paying attention to Lester) - we'll see if it even saved my progress.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

omg chael crash posted:

That car mission for the first heist is actually pretty tough. Gang members showing up and blasting you every time you chill out and attempt to hide from the police.

Yeah, the best way to do that one seems to be to drive like hell and not shoot at anyone to avoid getting a wanted level ever. Extra armor and snacks might be required in case the gang cars spawn right in front of you causing you to ram them and get shot up.

Question: Is it possible to re-host a heist? Do we know that yet or is it like a one-and-done kind of thing and heists will only last as long as we have someone who hasn't hosted them yet?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Brightman posted:

Question: Is it possible to re-host a heist?

Yup, call Lester.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
You can call Lester to replay heists.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvNjAD87JQ

I learned you can link your PS4 to Youtube

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

MrLonghair posted:

Yup, call Lester.

Ziploc posted:

You can call Lester to replay heists.

This is good news, now all we need is the ability to make heist playlists so we don't have to scramble each time trying to get back into sessions between setup missions.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Brightman posted:

This is good news, now all we need is the ability to make heist playlists so we don't have to scramble each time trying to get back into sessions between setup missions.

It's pretty quick, since the organizer can fast travel back to his apartment and get the next job going.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Dammit I killed myself when I parachuted into the rocks at the end of Prison Break! Heist failed :(

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.

Ziploc posted:

It's pretty quick, since the organizer can fast travel back to his apartment and get the next job going.

Maybe it's just the servers getting hammered that's making it seem super annoying.

HiriseSoftware posted:

Dammit I killed myself when I parachuted into the rocks at the end of Prison Break! Heist failed :(

I landed on the rocks and had to carefully find a way down to the beach. It's kinda cool how much tension these can add.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Have you guys been running through all of them on hard?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

omg chael crash posted:

"Through" is not the word would use, but yeah.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Anyone wanna do Fleeca right now/very soon?

[edit] Ummmmmmm... longtime GTA5 player. Just booted it (I was playing yesterday) and it prompted me to calibrate my monitor and then had no option to boot into anything but Single Player. I then opted for online and it asked me to agree to Online TOS.

It's currently loading right now but that's some scary poo poo.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 11, 2015

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

N is for Nipples posted:

Join a new session. I waited for about an hour, but as soon as I swapped sessions I got it in less than a minute.

I got it as soon as I did a different job and dropped back into a lobby.

Also, BUY A MIC people. I cannot stress just how much a mic matters on some of these jobs.

HiriseSoftware posted:

So what's the deal with the armored Kuruma windows? I had full black on mine and someone was able to shoot me through them. I switched to limo glass and tried to shoot at the windows myself, they cracked but didn't break. I tried also with black and they didn't break either. Is it just a bug with black windows?

All the actual windows can be shot through. if you actually aim for the window slits. The default auto aim of the players and NPCs aims well below the window slits. If you are on foot and adjust your aim up a bit you can reliably kill the driver. Likewise if an NPC is shooting you from an elevated location like the troops on the catwalks in the hangar in Base Invaders they shoot right through the slits and kill the poo poo out of you.

omg chael crash posted:

Yep, and it's not hard at all except the last setup mission for the two guys getting the car from the boat and the actual prison break so far for the two guys in the prison. Those are legitimately a bitch on Hard.

Feenix posted:

Anyone wanna do Fleeca right now/very soon?

[edit] Ummmmmmm... longtime GTA5 player. Just booted it (I was playing yesterday) and it prompted me to calibrate my monitor and then had no option to boot into anything but Single Player. I then opted for online and it asked me to agree to Online TOS.

It's currently loading right now but that's some scary poo poo.

When it does that just close the game down and restart it, it happens. In restart it will load fine. If you do the calibration it will save them and wipe out all your settings. If you reboot then it loads everything right the next try.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

BitBasher posted:

When it does that just close the game down and restart it, it happens. In restart it will load fine. If you do the calibration it will save them and wipe out all your settings. If you reboot then it loads everything right the next try.

(Well I just kept moving forward but it didn't wipe anything as far as I can tell... but I'll count myself lucky here.)

[edit] No, yeah it defaulted my settings.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 11, 2015

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Putting down 40k for some hei$ting for the next 3-4 hours.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Slayer1597 posted:

Goons on the XBONE GT:Slayer15977

do the heisty things!

Time to get the gang back together. Can we use the limo as an escape vehicle?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's too bad cuts are decided before running a heist.

It's should be done after based on performance.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
Someone come and do the first heist with me on PS4, I did the set-up with pubbies and..... Never again. I want an armoured sports car.

PSN: Frontlinekhan

Incidentally is there a way to make sure you only get job invites on your phone from Crew/Friends?

RenegadeZombie
Jan 21, 2013

Cute as heck posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMvNjAD87JQ

I learned you can link your PS4 to Youtube

Oh hey, that was with me! I thought we failed when the screen faded a bit. Started laughing when the cut scene played.

Thanks for helping me with that heist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

It's too bad cuts are decided before running a heist.

It's should be done after based on performance.

Nope

• Locked thread