Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I hope when I am finally mauled to death by shitbulls I have the strength to write "they should all be destroyed" in blood before I slip into oblivion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I wish they'd ban Jack Russells personally

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
don't we all

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

i like jack russells ._.

The realization that every dog i like is terrible is slowly dawning

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
just accept and embrace it, its easier that way

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Cold resignation is a form of acceptance I guess

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I have a Jack Russell, but he's different. I'd just disguise him as some sort of exotic bird if legislation was passed

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Take pride in your antisocial dog choices

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Avshalom posted:

Take pride in your antisocial dog choices

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

When I feed them their meals I get very close to their faces after putting their bowls down and whisper "die die die" until they are suicidal.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
My latest encounter with a pit bull was last summer and it was pretty freaky. I was at some outdoor festival in my town and was waiting in line for something. About five feet away from me was this small group of family and friends all standing around talking. They had a pit bull on a leash who just sitting there being a dog. I remember thinking to myself just then that the dog seemed pretty chill and calm for a supossedly dangerous dog breed. Then a woman shifted her stance and stepped in front of where the dog was looking. In the few seconds she was there, a toddler walked into the group and stopped behind the lady who had just moved. When the woman shifted back, revealing the toddler, the dog instantly lept foward and tried to bite.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

My latest encounter with a pit bull was last summer and it was pretty freaky. I was at some outdoor festival in my town and was waiting in line for something. About five feet away from me was this small group of family and friends all standing around talking. They had a pit bull on a leash who just sitting there being a dog. I remember thinking to myself just then that the dog seemed pretty chill and calm for a supossedly dangerous dog breed. Then a woman shifted her stance and stepped in front of where the dog was looking. In the few seconds she was there, a toddler walked into the group and stopped behind the lady who had just moved. When the woman shifted back, revealing the toddler, the dog instantly lept foward and tried to bite.

Just FYI for people reading this thread: Pit bulls (using the general term because it applies to all of the breeds that fall under that umbrella) should NEVER exhibit human aggression for any reason. They are not guard dogs, do poorly as a protection breed (every pit I have ever seen doing bitework has been nuts, they're not wired right for it at all) and anyone who excuses human aggression in their pit bull or claims that they have it for protection is an idiot. APBTs (and to a lesser extent SBTs) were specifically bred to have extremely strong bite inhibition with humans because the dogmen (dog fighters!) who created them knew extremely well how much damage a dog with the levels and types of drive and various other specific traits they were breeding for could do to a person. They needed dogs who were extremely stable around humans in order to do pit work with them at all. Temperament issues like the above are what happens when the general public gets hold of a potentially dangerous (in the wrong hands) working breed and breeds it indiscriminately or without the knowledge necessary to competently pick temperamentally sound dogs.

(Disclaimer: This is not to say that dogmen never ~ever~ breed manbiters, before someone throws it out there- I'm just stating in general!!)

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Superconsndar posted:

i like jack russells ._.

why

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
They are cute little pocket rockets

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
people with ~protection pits~ are my absolute favorite :allears: they're so loving bad at bitework but goddamn will their owners just fall all the gently caress over themselves to shriek about how they're the toughest protection dogs out there lol

poo poo if you want a weird looking brickdog that owns at biting people just get a corso

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Triangulum posted:

poo poo if you want a weird looking brickdog that owns at biting people just get a corso

This, loving please, protection pits are so embarrassing and they're all so neurotic it hurts my body

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This is about something old that has probably made the rounds before but being slow doesn't stop me from having questions. I'm curious what you think of this video, event at 0:40: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=763_1425268809 It has a picture of her face after the injury at the end, so WARNING WARNING and poo poo.

A grandmother with an inexplicable English accent is doing the ice bucket challenge in a backyard. After the event a big old dog, seemingly too big to be a pit bull, just moseys up and latches onto her face. The camera goes in the grass, and the sweet little girl giving a play by play of her grandma's wounds is rather surreal. A news article I found said that the dog was 'a stud kept for breeding' and not really a pet. What would the hard reason for the dog attacking someone like that be? He takes on the :saddowns: WHAT DID I DO :saddowns: look after he's pulled off. What stupidity probably preceded all this?

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
http://abcnews.go.com/US/175-pound-pit-bull-hulk-shatters-misconceptions-breed/story?id=29353371&cid=fb_abcn_sf

:allears:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Superconsndar posted:

I hope when I am finally mauled to death by shitbulls I have the strength to write "they should all be destroyed" in blood before I slip into oblivion

So you're basically Muldoon and the pitmoms are starry eyed John Hammonds thoughtlessly creating more terrifying killing machines?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Its just a fat ugly mastiff mutt w a battle crop.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I don't know poo poo about pit bulls or dog fights but I always wondered, would a loud enough noise scare the pit off?

I'm talking airhorn or rape-siren (130+db) level loud.

khy fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 4, 2015

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Wulfolme posted:

This is about something old that has probably made the rounds before but being slow doesn't stop me from having questions. I'm curious what you think of this video, event at 0:40: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=763_1425268809 It has a picture of her face after the injury at the end, so WARNING WARNING and poo poo.

A grandmother with an inexplicable English accent is doing the ice bucket challenge in a backyard. After the event a big old dog, seemingly too big to be a pit bull, just moseys up and latches onto her face. The camera goes in the grass, and the sweet little girl giving a play by play of her grandma's wounds is rather surreal. A news article I found said that the dog was 'a stud kept for breeding' and not really a pet. What would the hard reason for the dog attacking someone like that be? He takes on the :saddowns: WHAT DID I DO :saddowns: look after he's pulled off. What stupidity probably preceded all this?

ngl, I am a huge weenie about gore so I only watched up to the point where the dog grabbed her. There's no way of knowing exactly how or why this happened without knowing the dogs history and a buttload of context.

I'm in hell

Party Boat posted:

So you're basically Muldoon and the pitmoms are starry eyed John Hammonds thoughtlessly creating more terrifying killing machines?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

khy posted:

I don't know poo poo about pit bulls or dog fights but I always wondered, would a loud enough noise scare the pit off?

I'm talking airhorn or rape-siren (130+db) level loud.

No, they were specifically bred not to let go of a hold even if they were literally dying. The breed was developed more around the concept of gameness (refusing to stop until dead- that's a huge oversimplification but whatever) rather than "being the best at winning," and game losers are arguably more valuable than dogs who have never lost a match (the idea being that unless a dog is losing and knows it is losing and continues to go, it has never truly been tested.)

An airhorn, pepper spray, hitting, kicking, and all that may work on a lovely dog (and the average trash pit owned by the average person is usually lovely) but you're better off not wasting time and just prying the dog off and removing it. Or shooting it, if you don't know the dog and what kind of bite inhibition it has. Just loving shoot it, if someone is too stupid to control their shitbull and too afraid to go in to break up a fight that their dog caused they don't need to have it anyway. They were bred to react to having the poo poo beat out of them by holding on even harder. Their bites would probably lead to fewer fatalities if people didn't waste half an hour yelling and spraying the dog with a garden hose or whatever bullshit to ~make it stop.~ It might work, but it usually doesn't.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i just...I really like the way pits look ok? like a gun with a waggy tail.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I like English staffies better, but just because they're basically cubes and that appeals to me. Also I like the way their faces look small and neat until they decide to smile and then this huge interdimensional mouth that's bigger than their head appears out of nowhere

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah staffies are pretty much a tooth tardis

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

HEy shitbulls do it too

also,

theres that too

Gargoyle
Feb 2, 2014
Not to like put us all back here a page...

But heeey I have a Jack Russel Terrier, she's a good puppy. I mean she's 10 and brings me dead baby rabbits in the spring from the dumbass rabbits living under the shed but... Shes at least a jealous whore of a cuddler. Okay shes kind of a lovely dog and hates all other dogs her size (But loves bigger dogs? She's quite the idiot.)

She has a freaky obsession with me, too. I've only know her for like 3 years, and I'm the most important thing in this dumb dogs life. Even more then my wife, her owner. I think it's because I was the first one who didn't go for the whole "You're my friend, doggie!" and more of "You're a dog, and you need a master. But c'mere because you're retarded and anxious over nothing so I'll pet your belly."

Lemme tell you though, I come from a house of Blue Merle Border Collies. Smart, beautiful Alpha bitches. Great at herding poor fat neighbor dogs, and pinning down GSDs to show them whos boss. So when I arrived at my future wifes house for the first time and saw this thing that was so excited to see a man she pissed herself, literally, I was quite apprehensive.

TL:DR gently caress all this Murderdog bullshit and get a Border Collie or a herder. Because getting texts about how JRT brought another dead baby bunny to the back door and bunny is now under a bucket sucks. And then when I get home from work I have to take out the bunny and toss it.

Like gently caress dog, chew a god drat tennis ball or some poo poo! All my Collie did was chase geese off our land so they didn't poo poo everywhere!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

do not get a working dog if you are not prepared to exercise it/give it a a job. get a dog with a temperament that suits your lifestyle.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

murderdogs own though, one time Suzy got a rat and swallowed it whole.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Have the best of both worlds: get a herder that is also a murderdog

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Gargoyle posted:

But heeey I have a Jack Russel Terrier, she's a good puppy. I mean she's 10 and brings me dead baby rabbits in the spring from the dumbass rabbits living under the shed but... Shes at least a jealous whore of a cuddler. Okay shes kind of a lovely dog and hates all other dogs her size (But loves bigger dogs? She's quite the idiot.)

She has a freaky obsession with me, too. I've only know her for like 3 years, and I'm the most important thing in this dumb dogs life. Even more then my wife, her owner. I think it's because I was the first one who didn't go for the whole "You're my friend, doggie!" and more of "You're a dog, and you need a master. But c'mere because you're retarded and anxious over nothing so I'll pet your belly."

Lemme tell you though, I come from a house of Blue Merle Border Collies. Smart, beautiful Alpha bitches. Great at herding poor fat neighbor dogs, and pinning down GSDs to show them whos boss. So when I arrived at my future wifes house for the first time and saw this thing that was so excited to see a man she pissed herself, literally, I was quite apprehensive.

TL:DR gently caress all this Murderdog bullshit and get a Border Collie or a herder. Because getting texts about how JRT brought another dead baby bunny to the back door and bunny is now under a bucket sucks. And then when I get home from work I have to take out the bunny and toss it.

Like gently caress dog, chew a god drat tennis ball or some poo poo! All my Collie did was chase geese off our land so they didn't poo poo everywhere!

what

PartyCrown
Dec 31, 2007

Gargoyle posted:

i dont like the kind of dog you like therefore you re wrong and dumb and should just get the kind of dog i like instead because i am Right

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Triangulum posted:

Have the best of both worlds: get a herder that is also a murderdog

I got one of those! I can't have company anymore.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Those dogs are portals to the mouth dimension :3:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

Do you remember how we used to breathe and watch it
and feel such power and feel such joy, to be ice dragons and be so free. -Noe Venable

Gargoyle posted:

I had a JRT. Introducing her to other dogs was hit-or-miss and there was no rhyme or reason that we could decipher as to why she chose to like or dislike other dogs. She was more interested in randomly digging holes in the back yard than bringing us dead baby bunnies. She was also pretty chill but understand that this is atypical of the breed.

In general, many herding breeds will also be annoying, destructive balls of energy if they are not exercised enough. Especially border collies.

Pixelated Dragon fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 5, 2015

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Vanya is at least half Jack Russell but he acts more like some sort of alien fairy creature. He's been attacked by four dogs since I got him, and three of them were other JRTs. :argh:

Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

If the arctic base had pits instead of Huskies in The Thing nobody would notice it taking over because pits are already savage killing machines with stupid split head faces.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
pit bull

more like

pot bell :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Avshalom posted: