Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Chris is the Golden Boy. End transmission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

I'd say that LoU is more of a story game with some shooting and stealth added to avoid being another Heavy Rain, but what's a good shooter with good AI that actually has a story worth paying attention to? I can't think of very many, as anyone that would complain about LoU would probably complain about the BioShock games.

Also, LoU has a terrific multiplayer mode.
So what you're saying is it's bad

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Finally beat the communications officer in Rev 1 - I figured out on try #3 that he can't hop through a window so you can kite him through the first office he's locked up on, minimizing oozes from getting in as well. Used all of my grenades and shotgun ammo though.

Also, why the hell is there rifle ammo in the promenade? I've been through every inch of the place and haven't seen a drat rifle.

The mutated BSAA lady is pretty :effort: to kill.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There's a hidden area above the opera house, the solarium, where you can find a rifle. On Casual, you trip over the drat thing in the promenade, but on any higher difficulty you have to go well out of your way for it.

If you activate the pool cleaner in the solarium early on, you can go back later for some ammo and parts.

Butt Ghost posted:

So what you're saying is it's bad

You don't have to be this guy.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

No, I just think it's a mediocre shooter with bad AI.
Have you ever considered the possibility that you're a terrible person with stupid opinions?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Actually I like good games, but thanks for your concern.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I hope Ep 3 of Rev2 brings with it the ability to buy extra parts and weapon space with raid gold. I'm kinda dying trying to hold onto all these rarer ammo type and elemental damage boost parts so I can build up to the higher levels. At least when the new tool box expansion is in I can clear that up, but my weapons screen is still clogged up.

So, the store follows the same pattern as Rev1. It sometimes has rarer weapons with more slots, but the really good stuff can still only be found. Managed a 6 slot samurai edge pistol (it was only a green record) and a rare-tag AK-47 called the Dagger Fang. It had a Damage and rate of fire boost I think. Giving it a level 4 anti-recoil made it not jump at all. Replaced all my high rollers. TAP is still king of low-spread shotguns and is pretty much out damages magnums if you aim at the head with even a mid-level focus part. I put a level 5 piercing on it and it takes out 2 or 3 enemies at once.

Anyone know the hidden stats of the Python and Anaconda revolvers? Like crit rate or special ticks? I remember the Muramasa in Rev1 had like a 100% crit rate. I remember finding a site that datamined the stats, but I can't find it anymore.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finally getting around to the second episode of the campaign and this is just absolute garbage.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

NESguerilla posted:

Finally getting around to the second episode of the campaign and this is just absolute garbage.

Yeah, that's an accurate statement. I don't like holding my nose and having to brute force through the campaign just so I can get my precious Raid characters.

Speaking of which, Capcom seems to have put all their "fun" people on the Raid team. I'm totally addicted and it's actually fun to try other characters and play styles. I'm not sure how long the fun will last before burning out (Claire is 40 while others are teens or lower), but I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it already.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

NESguerilla posted:

Wait till you get to the third episode. I hope you like that dude that shoots fireballs.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

It takes roughly 25 hours to get a character to level 80, and that's almost halved because I've been using Soul Eater and the Greedy parts on 6 slot Samurai Edges for every killing blow. With dailies and rest bonuses it may take 18-20 (and even less when Soul Eater and Greedy parts reach levels 8-10).
Cypher doesn't seem to get rest bonuses.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Solomonic posted:

Wait till you get to the third episode. I hope you like that dude that shoots fireballs.
what?? oh god :negative:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I'm more concerned about instant death traps.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Is there a trick to those fireball guys or is it seriously just shoot at their head until dead?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Solomonic posted:

If it's another annoying part that's hard for no reason other than lazy game design I might just peace out, because I've about had it with this game. I have had roughly zero seconds of fun playing episode two so far.

At least raid is pretty fun even if it's as sloppy and slapped together as the rest of the game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Are you guys also playing it on Survival difficulty? At this point I would say just bump it down. The non-responsive controls and the constant performance hitches make overcoming the limited resources and massive bullet sponge-y monsters more frustrating than interesting, and I'm thinking that it wasn't really balanced for a first-time playthrough despite being an available option. Just reduce the difficulty and try to appreciate the atmosphere the campaign has instead of grinding your teeth at how frustrating the combat encounters are.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I won't have episode 3 until tomorrow but I've enjoyed Barry's scenario a lot more than Claire's in the first two. I like Raid mode but I wish the levels weren't all just recycled RE6 stuff. I've played 30 levels and only 3 were not from RE6.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Broose posted:

Is there a trick to those fireball guys or is it seriously just shoot at their head until dead?

Apparently you can shoot the tube thing RIGHT as they fire but the timing is different depending on the type of shot and there are seemingly no tells for the type of shot.. I've only done it once on raid mode. It might have been some other thing I hit because I was spraying a TMP at the time. What happens if you succeed is a stun that can be used for a brief knockdown.

Edit: New episode is live. 2.4 gb.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Geight posted:

Are you guys also playing it on Survival difficulty? At this point I would say just bump it down.

I actually went down to normal back in episode 2. I think I might just be bad at Revelations (also the door puzzle killed me twice because I'm a dumbass)

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I won't have episode 3 until tomorrow but I've enjoyed Barry's scenario a lot more than Claire's in the first two. I like Raid mode but I wish the levels weren't all just recycled RE6 stuff. I've played 30 levels and only 3 were not from RE6.

I also like Barry's scenario more. The monster design is gnarly and more fun, and the encounters in general just seem better designed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Solomonic posted:

I actually went down to normal back in episode 2. I think I might just be bad at Revelations (also the door puzzle killed me twice because I'm a dumbass)

I also like Barry's scenario more. The monster design is gnarly and more fun, and the encounters in general just seem better designed.

I have no idea what difficulty I'm playing on, but I'd gladly bump it down to the easiest. I don't see an option for that though during a chapter.

Agreed on the second part as well.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

I have no idea what difficulty I'm playing on, but I'd gladly bump it down to the easiest. I don't see an option for that though during a chapter.

You should have the option to turn down the difficulty whenever you die, although maybe that only appeared for me because I died a lot. :downs:

quote:

I actually went down to normal back in episode 2. I think I might just be bad at Revelations
At least some of it is probably the game's fault, it feels like they wanted a compromise between RE6 and Rev1 movement and ended up with something inferior to both.

Also I feel like Claire and Moira's scenarios should have also had stealth as an option - Sneaking past some of those ironhead enemies would be pretty fun!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, I've only gotten through (most) of Claire's Episode 3 but the game is really starting to feel like Resident Evil again.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Geight posted:

Also I feel like Claire and Moira's scenarios should have also had stealth as an option - Sneaking past some of those ironhead enemies would be pretty fun!

You can actually kill those guys with a stealth attack if you manage to sneak up on them, there's a few areas where the enemies don't know you're there immediately in episode 2.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

You can even kill several ironheads with stealth in Episode 1. So very satisfying.

And the smoke bomb makes most enemies lose sight of you and lets you perform a stealth attack in the middle of it. Handy!

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

I kinda hate Barry's scenario because bricks disappear on transitions. It makes controlling Natalia a pain because I go to brick some dude and I don't have a brick because I went through a transition door. :argh: That and going back through portions of the same areas right after I just did them with Claire/Moira is kind of meh.

I'd like it a lot more if the brick was just permanently equipped like Moira's crowbar. It makes the switching between characters in Barry's scenario much more cumbersome than Claire's, where you can just bash dudes nonstop with Moira.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

You can actually kill those guys with a stealth attack if you manage to sneak up on them, there's a few areas where the enemies don't know you're there immediately in episode 2.

See I thought that this would be possible in the part right after you get the higher-capacity shotgun, where they're like "Ssh, they haven't seen us!" but it seemed like they just locked on to me the moment I got close so I gave up on trying that. Just taking out one or two of those guys would've done wonders for my ammo and health supplies.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Geight posted:

See I thought that this would be possible in the part right after you get the higher-capacity shotgun, where they're like "Ssh, they haven't seen us!" but it seemed like they just locked on to me the moment I got close so I gave up on trying that. Just taking out one or two of those guys would've done wonders for my ammo and health supplies.

Upgrade the flashlight skill and play as Moira. Train that sucker on everyone's faces and the AI for Claire should let her roundhouse those assholes to the ground. If they're not dead yet you can then stab them with your crowbar. You can save on a lot of ammo this way.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Geight posted:

you can actually do that in that part

and the part before the boss

and a whole bunch of other places you just have to remember to turn off moira's dumb flashlight and crouch

if you're forced into a confrontation just shotgun them point blank in the red spot or the head.
really this is just the most effective strategy in every encounter against tougher enemies

you can also dodge through just about every single attack but the invin animations are a bit obtuse as they're right at the start of the dodge rather than midway

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Mar 11, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Fereydun posted:

and a whole bunch of other places you just have to remember to turn off moira's dumb flashlight and crouch

I forgot you could do this. :doh:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I've beaten every mainline RE title (including remake) and half of ORC co-op and I gotta say I've been enjoying myself quite a bit!

I didn't care for the limited time boxes in Claire's Ep3 though, missed the one above the spinning blades and one on the countdown section I think? Didn't figure out how to get to the part box high in the sewer either.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

In the PS4 version, what's the reason for Revelations 2's Episode 3 to block the video capture option at the end of Claire's section? It was pretty weird to have the PS4's dialogue box suddenly pop-up since there isn't any objectionable content during it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

GUI posted:

In the PS4 version, what's the reason for Revelations 2's Episode 3 to block the video capture option at the end of Claire's section? It was pretty weird to have the PS4's dialogue box suddenly pop-up since there isn't any objectionable content during it.

Game developers decide when the spoiler blocks come out during streams. I guess it to prevent someone watching a stream to get the full experience. Make him play the game if he wants to see how it ends.

Relin posted:

I've beaten every mainline RE title (including remake) and half of ORC co-op and I gotta say I've been enjoying myself quite a bit!

I didn't care for the limited time boxes in Claire's Ep3 though, missed the one above the spinning blades and one on the countdown section I think? Didn't figure out how to get to the part box high in the sewer either.

I couldn't figure either of those out either. I was guessing that Barry would get to it, but he straight up doesn't go to the former and there's nothing for him to stand on for the latter.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

DeathSandwich posted:

I couldn't figure either of those out either. I was guessing that Barry would get to it, but he straight up doesn't go to the former and there's nothing for him to stand on for the latter.

The spinning blades one, you need to throw Moira up there (X prompt) from inside the spinning blade part. If you try to trick the trap and have Moira stay near the lever you can't get it.

The sewer part we couldn't figure out either... I assumed Barry, but if he has the same issue I don't know what.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
To get the items in the sewer there are two valves that you have to turn, you can't miss them because they're before a door only Moira can open. Also you have to throw Moira up to a ledge and have her drop a box down which Barry can use later to get a part.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Lunethex posted:

To get the items in the sewer there are two valves that you have to turn, you can't miss them because they're before a door only Moira can open. Also you have to throw Moira up to a ledge and have her drop a box down which Barry can use later to get a part.
Huh, did both valves opening the way to a Natalia box, must have missed that partner boost point in Claire's somehow because I didn't drop any box down. Collecting missed stuff is what hard mode's for though!

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
For the spinning blades room Moira box, I haven't tried this idea out yet but I THINK you should be able to do this and not worry about opening it in a time limit: have Claire throw her up to the platform, immediately crouch, and then take your time opening the box. The other character crouches when you do, so the spinning blades should pass over Claire unless the game pulls some bullshit; from there, I'd assume you just watch to make sure the blades are far enough away from Claire before you jump down to hit the switch.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

That won't quite work since the spinning blades in the opposite direction are at mid-level, you can't duck under them. You've just gotta be quick.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Relin posted:

Huh, did both valves opening the way to a Natalia box, must have missed that partner boost point in Claire's somehow because I didn't drop any box down. Collecting missed stuff is what hard mode's for though!

There's two valves, I think, each opening to a different place. The first is at the other end of the hallway just before you step into the hallway with the ledge you can boost Moira up to, that has a weapons part in a chest. It opens the way to some sort of rifle - I missed it during the Claire playthrough, only saw it during the Barry playthrough, but there was no handle available at that time. The second valve opens the way to the Natalia box - basically before the door that Moira has to open, you can hop across a gap and platform your way to another valve wheel. Turning it opens a grate that Barry/Natalia are then able to move through and crouch-walk through a tunnel.

timeandtide posted:

For the spinning blades room Moira box, I haven't tried this idea out yet but I THINK you should be able to do this and not worry about opening it in a time limit: have Claire throw her up to the platform, immediately crouch, and then take your time opening the box. The other character crouches when you do, so the spinning blades should pass over Claire unless the game pulls some bullshit; from there, I'd assume you just watch to make sure the blades are far enough away from Claire before you jump down to hit the switch.

I managed to bug this room out I think - basically I ended up vaulting up just as soon as a column reached Claire (so she was in the assisting Moira up animation), I went through the chest and hopped down and Claire was perfectly fine. There was some weirdness for a few minutes when the AI partner wasn't responding to the partner follow command and was just standing in the room, but it resolved itself after a bit.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Finally playing through Episode 2...gently caress this fire guy. Maybe I'll just stick with Raid mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Static Rook posted:

Finally playing through Episode 2...gently caress this fire guy. Maybe I'll just stick with Raid mode.

Do you have a shotgun? Heres a PROTIP! Shoot the fire guy with the shotgun. He will die.

If you cant handle the fire guy you should just quit now. Raid mode will probably make you rage and break something.