Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Very sad homegirl had to go home, but the moment Ru said she was against Katya I knew it was over. I got a very-unpolished-Adore vibe from Sasha, except without the personality. Alas. :iowa:

I have a crush on Max, both in and out of drag. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

the escape goat posted:

I wish they'd do an Alaska or Bianca or really any former queen commentary for each episode.

Pandora Boxx does commentary for each episode of Drag Race on Logo's website.
Episode 1
Episode 2

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Violet looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt during the 3rd Rock from the Sun years. A lot of people over at onion A.V. club like her, but so far she's too much of a pill for me to root for her. I wouldn't mind if she tries to pick a fight with Michelle and loses.

But Jasmine's the one that really bugs. Miss Fame's also kinda a mess. Watching Untucked, she's very needy; and I thought Katya :love: had better makeup -- even though glamour is Miss Fame's whole thing.

Pearl on the other hand seems laid-back cool. That John Goodman line was terrific; and so was her shade towards violet in Untucked. Also, she seems pretty unflappable. She's growing on me.

Sasha Belle's youtube channel is pretty drat funny. She'll be fine.

I may be alone in this but I'm feeling Mrs. Kasha Davis. I'm interested to see what she has to offer and I think she's kinda hot out of drag.

And because it can't be said enough: Team Minj.

PostsYouCanDanceTo fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 11, 2015

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

What I want to know is, how can I get one of those Ru statues all the eliminated queens seem to be getting. That's a new one this season, and I like it.

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Violet looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt during the 3rd Rock from the Sun years.

Haha! Now I can't unsee this!

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Not Today Satan posted:

What I want to know is, how can I get one of those Ru statues all the eliminated queens seem to be getting. That's a new one this season, and I like it.

http://www.tweeterhead.com/product/rupaul/

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TW0043#.VQBgpdLF_uQ

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Woohoo! Thanks!

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
I hope Max gets robbed by air-pirates when shes riding her steam-zeppelin home.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Max would be so much cooler if she didn't have such an awful fake accent. I think it was the last untucked where someone pointedly asked "so, where in Wisconsin are you from?" and someone compared her to Madonna.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

the escape goat posted:

Max would be so much cooler if she didn't have such an awful fake accent. I think it was the last untucked where someone pointedly asked "so, where in Wisconsin are you from?" and someone compared her to Madonna.

I've been to Max's home town. They don't really talk like dat dere dontchaknow.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Pearl is so lovely I like her more every time I see her, especially in Untucked :allears:
and then there's the Prealface

Max is an Arteest and I love it. I am feeling the delusion gurl
Trixie's Toy Eleganza is my most favorite thing ever. Miss Fame is just hilarious to me. I can't quite put my finger on why but she cracks me up :haw:

The rest would just be repeating everything the thread already said so that's it for today.

I may be alone in this but I'm feeling Mrs. Kasha Davis. I'm interested to see what she has to offer and I think she's kinda hot out of drag.

You are not alone. She gave me life in the challenge and is delish out of drag in ways that make me biased

edit:

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Mar 12, 2015

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

It seems like Logo is nthing the Mrs. Kasha Davis killed this week's challenge. The website for RPDR season 7 features Davis' closeup during the performance.

That expression is pretty kickass.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Everyone is worth looking at in the gif, especially Max and Fame :haw:

Also note that Katya's videos are on her own channel and not on WOW presents. The two new ones are out.

And now I bring you Willam playing with an underwear model:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpBIv-MMWjI

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I wasn't feeling Trixie's dollface schtick too much at first, but it's really grown on me. I think mostly because I've seen that she can simultaneously stick with it and be versatile, so it's not a one-trick thing so much as a weird lens that she does other stuff through. If that makes sense. I'm also all about Ginger and Katya at this point.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Is that you, Bernadette?

MAX TALK

I honestly don't know why people hate her. I like that Max has her own thing going on. At first, I was comparing her to Sharon, then to Jinkx, but then I saw that she has an eye for fashion.

Bina fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 13, 2015

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Bina posted:

I honestly don't know why people hate her. I like that Max has her own thing going on. At first, I was comparing her to Sharon, then to Jinkx, but then I saw that she has an eye for fashion.

drat, Max, that's one hell of an audition tape.

I'm also totally feeling Max's vibe.

Episode 3 spoiler:
Luckily it looks like she has the chance to lead a team, so let's see how she uses that camera time.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Bina posted:

MAX TALK

Anyone 22 years old and playing at 'old soul' is grating. Low energy like she has a glucose problem. The Madonna voice, esp when outed as from Wisconsin. And not being very likable or fun up until her "murder them" speech in ep 2 untucked.

Its basically Milk and Jink all over again but a lower-wattage version. That avante garde identity, especially when it feels forced, is off putting to the average person.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

Anyone 22 years old and playing at 'old soul' is grating. Low energy like she has a glucose problem. The Madonna voice, esp when outed as from Wisconsin. And not being very likable or fun up until her "murder them" speech in ep 2 untucked.

Its basically Milk and Jink all over again but a lower-wattage version. That avante garde identity, especially when it feels forced, is off putting to the average person.

I also think that she looks like she threw on a wig and some lip gloss, unfortunately Courtney can pull it off. Max just looks like a boy in a wig.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

shadow puppet of a posted:

You hit the nail on the head.

I was curious about Max after watching the Meet the Queens videos; I always tend to like the odd-ball contestants. However, Max just strikes me as a little bit bland, thus far. I hope she draws it out, but even that Iggy Azalea lip-synch video as well as her actions and looks on the show, scream "Second Year Drama Student" to me. I think Max will be awesome in about 5 years, once she's mentally matured a bit more.

Edit: Right now it appears to me that Max thinks she's so cool and unique when in reality it's a little more eye-rolling inducing and "Yes, yes dear, we've seen it. And seen it better."

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

My feeling is that Max should play up the disconnect between her image and her reality. Ginger read her for talking like she was from England - well then she should tell people she's from London, Wisconsin. Double-down on the artifice while exposing it at the same time. That way all her idiosyncrasies would feel more purposeful.

She also missed a HUGE opportunity to shade Miss Fame during the first episode. When Miss Fame ripped off a piece of her newspaper to blot her face, Max should've handed her the rest of the paper and say "here, dahling, it looks like you'll need the whole thing". Pity.

As for the makeup, I get the feeling that it's partly she's putting on very little in drag (which I don't have that much of a problem with, the look, as it is, feels appropriate), and partly she's already wearing a lot out of drag. I recall her looking awfully powdered in the talking head segments. Cute boy, by the way.

That all being said....

Skylark posted:

Your posts are hilarious.

CHiRAL posted:

You are not alone. She gave me life in the challenge and is delish out of drag in ways that make me biased
Yay! But yeah, I did some looking and it seems that there is no shortage of internet suitors for Mrs. Kasha Davis that Mr. Kasha Davis might have to go Odysseus on.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Skylark posted:

She won't get robbed, since she can [UPCOMING EPISODE SPOILERS] fence across the zeppelin's top decks with the best of them!

Premise of next episode's runway challenge with pictures of Max, MKD, and Violet are at the link in the spoiler!

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I expect Max and Trixie will get the Visage-patented "What else can you do?" speech at some point. Not an unfair question, I don't think, but it does strike me that the 'pretty' queens don't seem to get asked to do odd or avante garde looks very often. I think Trixie said she was a makeup artist, but I hope Max can paint if need be; that small different between simplicity out of necessity or by choice.

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.
So, this video is making me giggle a lot. The user had also posted a few other vids preseason, including one of Miss Fame marketing a perfume a la the Season 5 challenge that gave us Red for Filth by Alaska.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Some serious T: Phi Phi O'hara spent 30 days in Jail

I never though I'd say this back when I watched season 4 but I really like Phi Phi. He's come a long way since being on the show and I liked what I've seen of his cosplays on Instagram over the past couple of years. Girl really stepped her pussy up!
The fact he decided to be honest and open about this incident just adds a whole new layer of appreciation and respect for him.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

CHiRAL posted:

Some serious T: Phi Phi O'hara spent 30 days in Jail

I never though I'd say this back when I watched season 4 but I really like Phi Phi. He's come a long way since being on the show and I liked what I've seen of his cosplays on Instagram over the past couple of years. Girl really stepped her pussy up!
The fact he decided to be honest and open about this incident just adds a whole new layer of appreciation and respect for him.

I can't watch 21 minutes of Phi Phi griping about his life. For those who want to know, I saw the first few minutes, and he apparently stole eyeglasses 8 years ago. There was a warrant for his arrest in Texas, and when he flew there for a gig, the cops were waiting at the airport for him to arrest him.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

This video is more about his experience, the awful conditions in prison and how important it is to own up to your mistakes and move on. There's maybe 2 minutes total of griping about his life, tops.

No one is perfect but he came a long way since season 4 untucked.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
...to shreds, you say?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Fantastic runway presentation. I don't think I've gay gasped out of pleasure more times this early in the season.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
I loved Max this week. I'm a big Max fan and think that her look tonight was fab.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Anybody think there will be any redemption challenges or returning eliminated queen shenanigans? I don't think they brought back any eliminated last year, but they did it in the past with Kenya Michaels and other reality tv shows like Top Chef have had success with web series like Last Chance Kitchen.

Goddamn, I just want the Snatch Game already.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

The challenges were pretty much made for Max. I'm not much of a fan, but I really liked his runway this time.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Watched a livestream: Untucked is 100% funnier with beards

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Fantastic runway presentation. I don't think I've gay gasped out of pleasure more times this early in the season.

It seems like this season;s going to have some insane runways if we're getting stuff like this in episode 3!

I'm glad that Pearl got a literal wake up call; her 'I'm so over being here' look/vibe is kind of irritating, but she definitely didn't deserve to lip synch this week. Also glad that Jasmine went home and Max won :toot:

My feeling is that Max should play up the disconnect between her image and her reality. Ginger read her for talking like she was from England - well then she should tell people she's from London, Wisconsin.

It clicked for me when she said she'd had Shakespearean theater training; I had a friend in college who was that type of theatre with the 're' kid and she had that same overly mannered thespian accent thing going on.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Man I don't know about this season, I feel like the fashion talent is there but the acting and comedy levels are an all time low. The airplane safety number from last episode and this one's Shakespeare skits were just painful.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
By far the best part of that Untucked was the shots of other queens not involved in the argument just making faces of "oh my god kill me now where is the five minute warning guy"

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I was prepared for Jasmin to be a huge bitch -- and she was. What I was not expecting was that Kennedy would be so sour. Why is that bitch treating everything as a burden or an insult? I mean besides the fact that she's stuck-up and circlejerking with Jasmine (and Kasha and Ginger, which disappointed me).

Complaining about the young queens? Miss Fame is 29 and you're 33. You are not some elder stateswoman of drag. You are allowed to dislike Violet, though.

Great runway. Yay beards! Katya :love: and Max especially for having the best concepts for the runway.

And God bless angry Ru. Though she should have worn a beard.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Glad to see Jasmine go. Her own insecurity was coming out in such a nasty way towards all of the young queens. I would have liked to see her and Kennedy lip sync with a better song and without restrictive gowns, but oh well.

I'm coming around on Max. He's been a real sweetheart, and his looks are great. Katya, however, had my favorite runway looks two weeks in a row.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Pearl's complete inability to act has started the timer on her quick elimination. That was painful, she should have been up for elimination.

Max on Untucked was odd, outright telling Jaiden Fierce "No more of that." when talking about something as benign as a 'warm tush' from a vacated seat. Is her character a drag prude? This is the show that brought us the memorable yet throwaway line of 'Santino's rear end in a top hat is loose'.

And then, Max on the ep 4 preview with that sudden complaint of "I don't want to do anything raunchy or vulgar" is going to be interesting to see if she has a career post drag race as who wants to come out and just watch some kid indulge in costumery? Rupaul's reply of 'Don't compromise your Christianity' makes me wonder if we've found the Ned Flanders of drag.

shadow puppet of a fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 17, 2015

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Well that episode of Drag Race and Untucked was awkward. Trixie's look though was awesome!

I just don't understand the defeatist attitude Jasmine had; buy the ticket take the ride. Seems like a waste of competition space considering so many queens want to be there.

Speed Crazy posted:

Anybody think there will be any redemption challenges or returning eliminated queen shenanigans? I don't think they brought back any eliminated last year, but they did it in the past with Kenya Michaels and other reality tv shows like Top Chef have had success with web series like Last Chance Kitchen.

Goddamn, I just want the Snatch Game already.

It would be interesting to see who the judges would pick to bring back if so. I'm also highly anticipating this season's Snatch Game and can't wait to see which celebs the queens impersonate.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was 100% on board with Jasmine taking Ms. Fame to task for not knowing how to perform, but she was spewing out truly heinous poo poo in the first five minutes of the episode, goddrat.

Also: talking poo poo about not being able to perform and then... Not being able to perform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Man, this episode gave me a much deeper appreciation for Max beyond "wow, looks awesome." He was really cool during the challenge, he performed well and his runway was just fabulous.

Jasmine, go home. Just go home. Hooray!

Kennedy, meh. :visagemehface: Get your poo poo together.

Pearl, mehhhhh.

Katya's drag Lincoln was just great.

"Who doesn't love a hairy box?"
"My husband."

I remain disappointed that Mathu Andersen wasn't a guest judge.

• Locked thread