Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I'm not sure that introducing new and unexpected game mechanics right in the middle of a heist is a great idea. The steps everyone needs to do during the heist should probably be explained in your heist room no?

I'm looking at you, fecking drill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Need one more for a Heist.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm looking at you, surprises I got being demolitions on prison break final.

But it was fun. Surprises.

(Of course I haven't done the prison guard/prisoner bit :v:)

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

I'm looking at you, surprises I got being demolitions on prison break final.

But it was fun. Surprises.

(Of course I haven't done the prison guard/prisoner bit :v:)

Yeah I was just admiring my handiwork in setting that bus on fire when all of a sudden I had to steal a helicopter!

Incidentally, to the Goons I did Prison Break with earlier, sorry I died, a Cop in a helicopter rammed me from out of nowhere.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Apparently you can use RPG and Sniper rifles from the Helicopters now (looking for confirmation on Sniper rifles).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKCDKlPJncM

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I'm not sure that introducing new and unexpected game mechanics right in the middle of a heist is a great idea. The steps everyone needs to do during the heist should probably be explained in your heist room no?

I found the trick after loving it up for a minute is that you cant have the trigger all the way down, you gotta hold it half-most way down and it wont overheat.

Just using it like a gun will overheat it and make everyone frustrated.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
For those who need those sweet, sweet GTA bucks, the sad trombone glitch is back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwx6YDDwxMQ

Essentially:
- Buy a rusted Karin Rebel
- Go to LCS
- Go to Wheels>Wheel Type>Off Road>Stock Rims - Raider Raider rims will cost $5,000
- Go To Horns>Sad Trombone - the price WILL show but it won't charge you.
- Sell the Rebel
- You will make $34,000 per car and bypass the 46 minute wait.

It worked on PS4.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kelly posted:

For those who need those sweet, sweet GTA bucks, the sad trombone glitch is back:

Essentially:
- Go to LCS
- Go to Wheels>Wheel Type>Off Road>Stock Rims - Raider Raider rims will cost $5,000
- Sell the Rebel

It worked on PS4.

Sweet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sick, money's money! By which I mean gently caress those multi-million vehicle prices in this update, give me all the money.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

Essentially:
- Go to LCS
- Sell the Rebel

It worked on PS4.

Oh my. Finally. Isn't the rebel only like 8k to buy already? That's a pretty sweet profit. But how is it bypassing the wait? I don't recall being able to sell owned cars back to back.

^^^^re: the drill. I did it the exact opposite way you're describing. I held the drill speed at full and just pressed the stick forward slightly. Worked better than trying to tap the speed.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

I just jumped on and ran through it for about 30 minutes, and sold 15. I have a 10-car garage right by the LCS - 2 Popular Street. It sells for a net gain of 34k - I forgot to mention that.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Oh my. Finally. Isn't the rebel only like 8k to buy already? That's a pretty sweet profit. But how is it bypassing the wait? I don't recall being able to sell owned cars back to back.

^^^^re: the drill. I did it the exact opposite way you're describing. I held the drill speed at full and just pressed the stick forward slightly. Worked better than trying to tap the speed.

Yes - it costs 3k, plus the tires for 5k - 8k total.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
So, have heists made this game playable beyond using it as a way to talk to my out-of-town friends or am I better off just using Xbox party chat while I play something else?

For the record I quit playing a month or so after Online released. My friends continued to play for a while until boredom set in maybe four-five months ago. Will I be seriously hindered by my stats or does that not really matter?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

I just jumped on and ran through it for about 30 minutes, and sold 15. I have a 10-car garage right by the LCS - 2 Popular Street. It sells for a net gain of 34k - I forgot to mention that.

Yes - it costs 3k, plus the tires for 5k - 8k total.

Better sell my dubstas now. The price will be nerfed like it was last time before tonight :/

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Thanks pubbie driver for failing the Prison Break - Plane mission by driving back to the airfield while we waited for Vellum to land and running down the "out of area" timer because you didn't know how to turn the car around.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So, have heists made this game playable beyond using it as a way to talk to my out-of-town friends or am I better off just using Xbox party chat while I play something else?

For the record I quit playing a month or so after Online released. My friends continued to play for a while until boredom set in maybe four-five months ago. Will I be seriously hindered by my stats or does that not really matter?

The only stat that matters is stealth. Also weapons like the rocket launcher are gated by level, however you can buy weapons introduced via update at whatever level, like the special carbine.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

HiriseSoftware posted:

Thanks pubbie driver for failing the Prison Break - Plane mission by driving back to the airfield while we waited for Vellum to land and running down the "out of area" timer because you didn't know how to turn the car around.

I am starting to fully understand just how bad pubbies are at driving. Like the time one drove at full speed into the side of a bus because having an ontherwise empty road and loads of warning somehow wasn't quite enough.

I do like the way that Paige has become Lester's buddy. I always hired her in single player.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Confirming the rusty rebel stuff works. Remember to spend the cash earned through it quickly.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

God drat I hope this still works when I get home

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

hiddenriverninja posted:

The only stat that matters is stealth. Also weapons like the rocket launcher are gated by level, however you can buy weapons introduced via update at whatever level, like the special carbine.

Thanks, I'll probably try this out tonight if my friends get a chance to get online.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I think that your characters face changing might have something to do with the face bandana. My guy looked normal until I put on a face bandana, now he looks like some normal guy instead of a life-sized Good Guy Doll. I tried the edit appearance glitch from http://www.reddit.com/r/gtaglitches/comments/22vhl0/how_to_change_your_online_characters_appearance/ but it doesn't seem to be working. Goddamnit Rockstar.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Mash posted:

I think that your characters face changing might have something to do with the face bandana. My guy looked normal until I put on a face bandana, now he looks like some normal guy instead of a life-sized Good Guy Doll. I tried the edit appearance glitch from http://www.reddit.com/r/gtaglitches/comments/22vhl0/how_to_change_your_online_characters_appearance/ but it doesn't seem to be working. Goddamnit Rockstar.

Try this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeIiGZfRE2o

1. Create a new character.
2. Level to 6.
3. Exit online.
4. Enter online.
5. At confirmation to edit, disconnect.
6. Re-enter online through choose character.
7. Select character you wish to edit.

It's for current gen - I used it awhile back (December maybe) and it still worked.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Free horn seems to work for the Rusty Rebel, but I can't save to rockstar servers so it won't let me buy new ones or sell my second one.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Kelly posted:

Try this one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeIiGZfRE2o

1. Create a new character.
2. Level to 6.
3. Exit online.
4. Enter online.
5. At confirmation to edit, disconnect.
6. Re-enter online through choose character.
7. Select character you wish to edit.

It's for current gen - I used it awhile back (December maybe) and it still worked.

Ahh, that post didn't say to get to level 6 (and Copperfronts told me this yesterday so :downs: on me). I'll try this if I can ever get back into an online lobby.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rockstar: "Full access has been restored to GTA Online and all services have resumed as normal."

Go to turn on GTA Online and "The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now."

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up
Spend an hour doing the Prison Break setup missions, choose to be pilot for the finale, immediately crash the plane, boot me from server. thanks rockstar!

oh and the bronze, silver, gold, plat medals from the completing the missions seems to mean nothing?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

5-10 minutes trying to successfully leave a failed carrier trip, then even the online-dependant "are you alive" signal transceiving menus start lagging hard.

I think I'll farm credits :(

e: Saving failed - unable to connect to the Rockstar game services. BE CAREFUL
Unable to sell a duped Dubsta but I assume that's due to servers going poopy

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 11, 2015

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Hopefully that glitch doesn't get patched before I get off work. I've been selling my super cars just to get money.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

EL Bombastico posted:

oh and the bronze, silver, gold, plat medals from the completing the missions seems to mean nothing?

The medals earned give different RP bonuses. Unless you're asking how they're decided, and it's weighted by who completes objectives, who drives mission vehicles, headshots, shot accuracy, and not taking damage.

geeves posted:

Apparently you can use RPG and Sniper rifles from the Helicopters now (looking for confirmation on Sniper rifles).

Yes, you can use rifles too.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Boy, everything seems to be hosed right now. Can't stay online for more than a minute, can't even play single player.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Selling tons of rebels in hopes I get to keep this cash. Then heist cuts won't be a big deal if someone wants to do a legit 0% payout later tonight.

Getting the unable to save error a lot as of now. So who knows if this is worth it.
I'm using my 10 car garage near the airport and the LSC that is like right next door. With the help of the mechanic I can get like 4 sold in under 10 minutes.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 11, 2015

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Kelly posted:

Essentially:
- Go to LCS
- Sell the Rebel

It worked on PS4.

I'm on PS3 and there isn't a sad trombone to buy.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Elth posted:

I'm on PS3 and there isn't a sad trombone to buy.

Looks like it might only net you 19k on last gen, according to Reddit - because there's no horn.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Try this one -

Just saw this:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204304108

Updated 3/11/15: This issue has now been resolved. To restore your original character appearance, please follow these steps:
  • Enter GTAV and load into Story Mode
  • Pause the game
  • Highlight the “ONLINE” tab
  • Choose “Choose Character”
  • Select your affected character

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Late Night Crew for life

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Just saw this:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204304108

Updated 3/11/15: This issue has now been resolved. To restore your original character appearance, please follow these steps:
  • Enter GTAV and load into Story Mode
  • Pause the game
  • Highlight the “ONLINE” tab
  • Choose “Choose Character”
  • Select your affected character

I actually cannot believe they fixed this so quickly.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Now that Rockstar has apparently fixed their poo poo anyone wanna do a Heiiiiiiiist?

PS4: ILL_MITCH. Hopefully someone else can host if they know what they are doing?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Kelly posted:

Try this one ... It's for current gen - I used it awhile back (December maybe) and it still worked.

I really hope this still works, I just deleted a lvl 71 character with full vehicle unlocks to do it :ohdear:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Yes, you can use all the sniper rifles in choppers now.
Watches show in first person now too!
e: was using the smoke emote and got shot in the cigarette, which blocked the bullet :stare:

StabMasterArson fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 11, 2015

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The rebel glitch worked for me, I made 46k. Still won't connect to Rockstar servers for saving though. It did just let me buy another truck though, so I'll keep hamming this up for as long as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Dread, Cute as heck, and Onimaru:

We gotta get the band back together and finish what we started :colbert:

• Locked thread