Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my dad posted:

I see Historia is still being awesome.

it's a quote from Ymir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Anime Curator posted:

it's a quote from Ymir

I was commenting on the chapter, not the previous discussion

e: I am stupid and only got the joke now. :downs:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Nevermind, before the Crunchyroll translation was available the crappy fast translation said "that time, when I was a titan...i really was going to kill you." but the official translation says "when we were back there...I really did intend to become a titan and kill you".

I'm only mentioning this as a reminder that aside from it being intrinsically good to support the official release, the day-1 translations are truly poo poo and you're just cheating yourself by reading them to the exclusion of the official version.
Sometimes you don't have that choice when 75% of Crunchyroll's titles are region-blocked where you are.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bell_ posted:

Sometimes you don't have that choice when 75% of Crunchyroll's titles are region-blocked where you are.

Then you use Hola or something equivalent to make it think you are in the US.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
So you can fully enjoy their blocky reader that ruins two page spreads still!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow, Isayama really picked up the pace with this chapter.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I'm kind of wondering why they're bothering to break out the 3DMG at all. Reiss is basically a clumsy, slowly-moving oven who's setting fire to everything he touches. The sensible option seems to be to have Eren armour up and charge in while everyone else tucks into stuffed potatoes on the parapet.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm kind of wondering why they're bothering to break out the 3DMG at all. Reiss is basically a clumsy, slowly-moving oven who's setting fire to everything he touches. The sensible option seems to be to have Eren armour up and charge in while everyone else tucks into stuffed potatoes on the parapet.
It's probably a safety measure in case Reiss actually plows through the wall so the heroes can escape and regroup.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

It's probably a safety measure in case Reiss actually plows through the wall so the heroes can escape and regroup.

Sure, but Historia seems to be loading up to off her dad, and there just seems to be no conceivable way she can help out except as, say, a wall gunner. Which doesn't require much 3DMG usage.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
I assumed it's part of the uniform code.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

:aaaaa:

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Historia still came out a top 10 soldier remember.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sub Harrison posted:

Because Ymir purposely failed some tests (or something along those lines) so Historia would get into the top 10 and hopefully not join the Scouting Legion.

We've never really seen Historia prove her strength outside of standing up to her father.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Darn she's only 11th then.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Oh, I'm sure she's excellent at her job, but this just doesn't seem like a fight for traditional soldiering. Swinging in and neck-slicing is much harder when the Titan in question has a giant fuckoff incineration aura.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Is "Fubar" a real last name?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's rare, but yes.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Fister Roboto posted:

It's rare, but yes.

Hahaha sweet

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

First thing I thought of when I saw that thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=houWTeGvDDw

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Rod's head seems to be located where the chicken's rear end would be.

Sub Harrison posted:

turkey lurkey.

Is this going to be like the monkey titan? With everyone coming up with new names for the Kentucky Fried Titan?

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Nah, Ultrachicken is not likely long for this world, whereas Grape Ape has been a giant question mark lingering in the background for a while, and we don't know what his actual name is.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Except that that is the most desperate thing they could do, because if Eren gets eaten everyone gets mindraped.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Is "Fubar" a real last name?

It could be a Japanization of "Huber". Very roughly speaking, /h/ is realized as something like /f/ in Japanese before /u/.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

genericnick posted:

Except that that is the most desperate thing they could do, because if Eren gets eaten everyone gets mindraped.

Eh, doesn't look like it can put up a very good fight if you get past the flames. Seems an easy target, despite the risk.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

how about if rod breaking the walls unleashes wall titans and starts a chain of fuckery

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Darth Walrus posted:

Eh, doesn't look like it can put up a very good fight if you get past the flames. Seems an easy target, despite the risk.

The problem is you'll prolly get cooked alive before you can hit the target.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

This you'd need to verify because if he can everything is over.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

how about if rod breaking the walls unleashes wall titans and starts a chain of fuckery

This is what I think will happen.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kyte posted:

The problem is you'll prolly get cooked alive before you can hit the target.

Eren's got shiny new Titan armour, remember? This seems like an ideal scenario for trying it out in.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

comedyblissoption posted:

Those seem like the exact type of titans that Eren could use to his advantage.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

snucks posted:

Those seem like the exact type of titans that Eren could use to his advantage.

If he can figure out how to do it

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

If he can figure out how to do it
Next chapter's cliffhanger will just be Eren figuring out the correct gesture to control the Titans.

It will be ludicrous and utterly hilarious.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
He'll take a while to figure out how to get hard again.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

He'll take a while to figure out how to get hard again.

I'm sure Mikasa would be more than happy to help.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Sasha getting killed by chicken run titan will be some cruel irony.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Maybe he can do every titan power only once and now he can't do hardening or control titans again

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Eren can only control the titans when he has an erection.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

In It For The Tank posted:

Eren can only control the titans when he has an erection.

Bring Annie back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Missing Name posted:

Bring Annie back.

Except she wasn't there last time, Reiner and Bertholdt were.

... Oh my.