Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Anybody else experiencing the "real estate signs of slowness" at the Eclipse Towers? I was dropped down into the void more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Just tested the off road tires and sad trombone trick on an ocelot, worked just fine (got 48k sale). Samurai Paul mentioned that it works with ballers too, if you see something you like on the street. Although buying the car is what lets you ignore the cool down timer on selling.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Slim Killington posted:

Hey did you ever get that stealth mission done? The four of us got that poo poo down to a science last night.

Yeah for all of the protestations and hand wringing from a few posters yesterday our crew found that mission to be pretty fun, actually. Coordinating sniper shots and sneaking around and getting it done cleanly was good times.

Well, okay, 3/4ths of us found it fun - I can't speak for Otis if he liked it since he barely ever speaks for himself. :rimshot:

I kid I kid!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

Hey did you ever get that stealth mission done? The four of us got that poo poo down to a science last night.

No. I asked a few minutes ago for help but nobody :(

Are there people on right now who can help?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

That stealth mission for the Humane Labs heist is one of my favorite missions so far. Tinkering around with routes and figuring out what works and what sets them off was awesome, like we kept getting alarms for taking out that one patrolling dude near the end and after a couple tries I found that welder guy near him and took him out so we could keep going. It's like playing a Hitman game with friends, figuring out how to clean sweep it.

Also wow that Hydra sure has some drawbacks. I glitched out the 3 million needed but test drove it in Creator first. The thing is slow as gently caress, which is both good for air-to-ground combat because you're given more leeway for aiming, but so are the bad guys you're trying to shoot. The slower speed also means it can't reach the same heights as the Lazer. The Lazer, according to my aircraft helmet, stalls out at around 85 altitude but the Hydra throws a shitfit around 25-30 but if you push as hard as you can you can get it almost to 50. I'm used to using 30 as my "okay most ground floor jerks can't heavy snipe me from here" safety altitude but the Hydra takes like 10-20 seconds to get there compared to the regular millisecond the Lazer does. So I guess the Hydra's really good at the whole loving up dudes on the ground element, like if you're on the ball you can really get some work done, but I couldn't fathom using this to fight a Lazer. For jet trolling I guess if you really want a jet anywhere, anytime, without having to go the loving military base, it's worth your 3 mil.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
I'm on PS3 now if anyone wants to try a heist. I'm sick of waiting for my roommates to be ready and switched to LLJK. Loser_Rex if you're down.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm really wrestling with whether or not to get a gun-mounted Insurgent.

The big detractor for me is that all Pegasus poo poo is disabled in heists. You could use it for normal missions, sure, but a Buzzard would be a better alternative in almost every single case. That leaves having it to screw around with in free roam, which I give no poo poo about whatsoever.

All that said, I still kind of want it even though I know I'll probably never use it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Counting the seconds my roommate has to go to bed, freeing up my ps4's tv.

How hard would it be to do a heist prep missions solo, not the finale? Like say for Fleeca, specifically, since currently, I have access to a second ps4, and I have done a co-op game like this before, solo.

I guess Ideally, I could use this system to let someone just participate in the last segment of the heist and get that 100% takeaway shirt. (I don't know if there is any money to be gained from the fleeca's stake out or the kuruma jack anways.) However the theory craft of this might play out, It'll have to wait for sunday or monday next week, anyways, when I have access to both.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Scyron posted:

counting the seconds my roommate has to go to bed, freeing up my ps4's tv.

How hard would it be to do a heist prep missions solo, not the finale? Like say for Fleeca, specifically, since currently, I have access to a second ps4, and I have done a co-op game like this before, solo.

I guess Ideally, I could use this system to let someone just participate in the last segment of the heist and get that 100% takeaway shirt. (I don't know if there is any money to be gained from the fleeca's stake out or the kuruma jack anways.)

Pretty hard. In some missions each person has something specific they need to do while the other purple are doing their thing. Most heists need 4 people and some are impossible with publics.

I'm in ps4 and am probably going to be on all night.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Money glitch works on PS3 (except there's no Sad Trombone, just do the wheel change) for $30k. No wait time to sell another, just like next-gen. Yay for $360k/hour!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Oh wait, I see. I can take the Hydra at different angles and get a better speed to 50, look how dumb I am. This thing has to work pretty hard to evade Homing Launchers too.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Saving my pennies for $3mil since the hydra is the only thing currently listed on GTA.wikia that I want and don't have.

I just can't loving get my vita to play with my ps4 now, that I am in the exact same room as it. >:(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

we need 1 more player for the prison break heist.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 12, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Scyron posted:

Saving my pennies for $3mil since the hydra is the only thing currently listed on GTA.wikia that I want and don't have.

I just can't loving get my vita to play with my ps4 now, that I am in the exact same room as it. >:(

Well, if you beat every heist in order with the same 4 people then that's a 2 million payout! Or you can cheat like I did. Cheating works too.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Overwatch 4 lyf

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Magneto Rex posted:

I'm on PS3 now if anyone wants to try a heist. I'm sick of waiting for my roommates to be ready and switched to LLJK. Loser_Rex if you're down.

hey man, i dont have a mike but i have a want to get passed the prison break heist so i can host the humane raid. come join me

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
im fresh420prince btw

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Well, if you beat every heist in order with the same 4 people then that's a 2 million payout! Or you can cheat like I did. Cheating works too.

I'm cheating because I guess I am not a cool goon to play with :( And by that mean I actually got to play with some fun goons for which their names elude me, VicL something, a john wayne tasty and something kahn(?), though they might be more lurkers, but no mr_dread or Faktory4. :Iamnotworthy: :negative:

edit; Still fun, but pretty hard to get a game going. Me and ill_mitch were trying for the first big 4 player heist, for what seemed liked 40+ minutes before I gave up in frustration, which oddly led to getting one decent Fleeca heist going for me, with a different goon. Part of it is that when in a freeroam lobby you can see the invite easily, however you cannot while already trying to join one, so how would someone exactly know otherwise that a group needs those other two, or whatever. Makes me think doing irc might be good, or party chat.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Who can kill all the pairs of guards with a single shot by themselves? Overwatch can.

If your heist team doesn't have overwatch that's probably why you're so fuckin bad tbh

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I made about $1.5 million before I got tired of the rebel, put $500k into a sports car, about 100k on heist clothes, and have a decent chunk left in Maze Bank.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
People selling Rebels are you laundering your money or does Rockstar not give a poo poo?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Slim Killington posted:

By comparison we had it down to a third grade science experiment :v:

Policenaut posted:

Also wow that Hydra sure has some drawbacks. I glitched out the 3 million needed but test drove it in Creator first. The thing is slow as gently caress, which is both good for air-to-ground combat because you're given more leeway for aiming, but so are the bad guys you're trying to shoot. The slower speed also means it can't reach the same heights as the Lazer. The Lazer, according to my aircraft helmet, stalls out at around 85 altitude but the Hydra throws a shitfit around 25-30 but if you push as hard as you can you can get it almost to 50. I'm used to using 30 as my "okay most ground floor jerks can't heavy snipe me from here" safety altitude but the Hydra takes like 10-20 seconds to get there compared to the regular millisecond the Lazer does. So I guess the Hydra's really good at the whole loving up dudes on the ground element, like if you're on the ball you can really get some work done, but I couldn't fathom using this to fight a Lazer. For jet trolling I guess if you really want a jet anywhere, anytime, without having to go the loving military base, it's worth your 3 mil.

The hydra flew a lot better when I realized it had landing gear that retracted.

On comparison it wasn't much slower than a Lazer at all but it doesn't turn as well. The hover mode isn't very useful for attacking ground units because it doesn't pitch down enough like a helicopter to give it any good angles, and it takes something like 10 seconds to switch to hover all the way and another 10 to switch back. It will still strafe people on the ground just fine though.

The Armored Kuruma however is absolutely spectacular on missions. That thing can take a truly ridiculous amount of small arms fire and keep the occupants safe. We did a number of kobs and setup missions by driving straight into the middle of the ground soldiers and parking, then just gunning everything down while sitting there not caring about incoming fire. It does handle a little piggy (but not horribly) and the brakes suck. It accelerates faster than the Sultan but has a worse top speed. I think it's totally worth it. It made Base Invaders a hilarious joke, 5 full minutes on the runway with army foot soldiers shooting and it never even started smoking.

The HVY Insurgent without the gun I also think is pretty fantastic. Fully modded it can survive at least 3 direct RPG hits and drive fine. Specifically it took A direct RPG hit with two adjacent car explosions, A second RPG, A Third RPG with another adjacent car explosion then died on the fourth RPG hit. I'm not going to experiment any more because the insurance replacement cost is something crazy like 16,850. It also handles far better than it has any right to for something that heavy and generally is fun to drive. It handles far better than a Dubsta 6x6.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Powershift posted:

Pretty hard. In some missions each person has something specific they need to do while the other purple are doing their thing. Most heists need 4 people and some are impossible with publics.

I'm in ps4 and am probably going to be on all night.

Well, I get the required people is a huge limitation on this "thing" or whatever I even will call it. My thought is farming the end finale for fleeca or allowing those that want the trophies/platinum medals, trying for the 6% dmg or less challenge, type thing. I felt like at least the setups for Fleeca I could solo however. I haven't gotten the chance to be driller, and I don't know if you just yell enough into the mic or having to fireoff a round for the intimidation of the hostages, as the Driver. I was mostly thinking this would be a theory for this small aspect, since in the greater picture heists need 4 players which is wayway too much coordination, even knowing one person is two avatars.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 12, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Hydra seems to need quite a bit of warm-up no matter what you're doing. The speed drop isn't that bad once you've gotten the machine going for a good minute or so, but the initial takeoff seems to take an eternity even with the landing gear retracted. The Lazer can go effectively 90 degrees straight up into the sky after takeoff, and I can hit its effective altitude limit in under a minute so escaping the military is child's play, but getting to altitude 40-50 seems to take a bit of doing until you get the machine really fired up. I actually do enjoy the slower speed making it easier for me to line up shots and get ground targets more effectively, but it's far more punishing in that if I screw up there's a much larger chance that a Homing Launcher is going to take me down which has never happened to me in a Lazer. I gotta agree that VTOL is pretty useless for anything combat-related other than maybe quick insertions from Jet mode but even then a chopper is probably better for coming in hot (maybe even the Valkyrie?).

Glad to hear your thoughts on the Kuruma. I like the car even if it likes to swing out a bit wide, feels more like a "drift" car that way and I find it pretty fun to do a little city drifting sometimes. I only bought the regular model because I didn't like the armored panels for aesthetic reasons but after that testimonial I think I'm going to Rebel myself one, feels like something I should have. Have you tried the new Casco?

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
I bought the Casco and fully upgraded it with my dirty rebel money. The new brakes do wonders. I like it a lot, it reminds me of a more in control Coquette classic.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?

i flunked out posted:

hey man, i dont have a mike but i have a want to get passed the prison break heist so i can host the humane raid. come join me

Gah, I saw you as soon as I logged out. I'll be on tomorrow, send me a friend request.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm just gonna say... good on Rockstar for these Heists. They definitely put a lot of work and testing and balancing into making these a lot of fun. Just had an awesome time with Kelly, Gary and Lasagna, a lot more than I expected to have.

... despite loving up the Prison Break mission by knocking the wheels off our getaway plane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRweyJGYYUg

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I just lost 140,000 dollars because I didn't realized my Rebel dupe wasn't working. I wasted every drat dollar I made on the Prison heist.

Crime doesn't pay?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

On PS4, need dudes for the last 2 missions in the third heist.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Sorry can't be on too long tonight but if anyone wants to Heist poo poo up sometime my PSN is HappyPantsDance

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
Just finished the Humane Labs finale as a pubbie joining some 3-person group who didn't speak English, and made me the pilot but decided my cut would be 0%. The first attempt all 3 of them jumped out of the helicopter (one has to stay behind as a gunner) and it failed the mission because there was no gunner. Second attempt was a success, although the gunner jumped out twice but was able to get back in when I landed. Half the time it looked like he didn't know what he was shooting at and I kept the chopper pretty steady. This was normal difficulty and we took at least 5 rocket hits but survived.

Time to buy my Insurgent!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HiriseSoftware posted:

Just finished the Humane Labs finale as a pubbie joining some 3-person group who didn't speak English, and made me the pilot but decided my cut would be 0%. The first attempt all 3 of them jumped out of the helicopter (one has to stay behind as a gunner) and it failed the mission because there was no gunner. Second attempt was a success, although the gunner jumped out twice but was able to get back in when I landed. Half the time it looked like he didn't know what he was shooting at and I kept the chopper pretty steady. This was normal difficulty and we took at least 5 rocket hits but survived.

Time to buy my Insurgent!

I just jumped into the finale with pubbies, and they decided my cut should be 20%. they're not all evil.

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:

Powershift posted:

I just jumped into the finale with pubbies, and they decided my cut should be 20%. they're not all evil.

Is the Hydra unlocked with the "EMP" setup mission? I never played that and it didn't unlock for me when I beat the finale.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HiriseSoftware posted:

Is the Hydra unlocked with the "EMP" setup mission? I never played that and it didn't unlock for me when I beat the finale.

Yeah, i definitely had it unlocked before i made it to the finale.

still lookin for 3 folks for the last 2 missions of the third heist too. on PS4

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
drat, where is everyone tonight :confused:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm here and I can see you and Otis around, just waiting on Duke.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If he doesn't show i'm in for whatever. gamertag powerswift

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Alright, gonna take random goon heist invites until he shows.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

If a guy popped me in the head right after the first heist celebration, can he steal cash from me? Didn't look like he got any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Reverse Centaur posted:

If a guy popped me in the head right after the first heist celebration, can he steal cash from me? Didn't look like he got any.

Heist earnings go right into your bank.

• Locked thread