Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Slim Pickens posted:

He's already a drunken fool, might as well throw on a puffy shirt and get paid to do it

There's no way this will get the appreciation it deserves, but I laughed.

holocaust bloopers posted:

My final for a class about non-profit organizations is to build a paper npo and to present it. I'm creating a fictional veteran support organization called Pets For Vets where therapy dogs are given to veterans in need. I know it already exists and I don't give a poo poo. It'll be a 7 minute powerpoint full of dog photos. Roscoe and Monty included.

:dukedog:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

My final for a class about non-profit organizations is to build a paper npo and to present it. I'm creating a fictional veteran support organization called Pets For Vets where therapy dogs are given to veterans in need. I know it already exists and I don't give a poo poo. It'll be a 7 minute powerpoint full of dog photos. Roscoe and Monty included.

realtalk if you need a specific shot of roscoe that i could do inside a house lemme know and i will do what i can (dogpark is shut down due to 9 feet of snow there so itd be tough to get action shots)

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
If you made it through the first 8 minutes of this week's better call saul, you're a stronger man than I

A bad, boring, turdwreck show

I'm coining turdwreck

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

LeoMarr posted:

What exactly hosed you up so badly if you don't mind me asking

My whole autonomic nervous system got jacked up and does what it wants when it wants. Docs aren't positive on the cause, but have ruled out anything genetic. The prevailing theory is some kind of major infection such as lyme disease triggered it, but they still haven't been able to isolate anything.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Holly let me know if you want fact checking on your powerpoint I miss working with the dogs :(

So I really meant it earlier when I said theres a very very goony 6'5" submarine vet who claims he got out in 2013 with a general or oth (I forget which) in my yoga teacher training class. He also claims his height on a sub has trashed the right side of his body and has major joint issues as a result. I made the mistake of outing myself as former army and I think he wants to be friends now. He told me most of the above in confidence so I hope he's not a goon actually please be a goon.

He claims his discharge was due to sad brain induced drinking hijinks from awful awful submarine duty. I don't know anything about the navy but my gut instinct is that he sucks.

Moral of the story most veterans just like people in general usually suck.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Lots of people get sadbrains on subs and tap out. Some get off and get help. Some don't and blow their brains out. Some just shut down and become literal wastes of space until they're kicked off.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk if you need a specific shot of roscoe that i could do inside a house lemme know and i will do what i can (dogpark is shut down due to 9 feet of snow there so itd be tough to get action shots)

Roscoe wearing a patrol cap would be adorable.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zeris posted:

Holly let me know if you want fact checking on your powerpoint I miss working with the dogs :(

So I really meant it earlier when I said theres a very very goony 6'5" submarine vet who claims he got out in 2013 with a general or oth (I forget which) in my yoga teacher training class. He also claims his height on a sub has trashed the right side of his body and has major joint issues as a result. I made the mistake of outing myself as former army and I think he wants to be friends now. He told me most of the above in confidence so I hope he's not a goon actually please be a goon.

He claims his discharge was due to sad brain induced drinking hijinks from awful awful submarine duty. I don't know anything about the navy but my gut instinct is that he sucks.

Moral of the story most veterans just like people in general usually suck.

To be 6'5" on a sub you need a waiver. My boat had a NAV (o-4) who was 6'4" and that dude never walked fully upright. Even at my height of 5'11" I had problems at times.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Boeing aircraft were designed in mind for people who were roughly 5'7". I could move around the jet and the lower lobes like a goddamn cat while other crew members struggled to find space.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Boeing aircraft were designed in mind for people who were roughly 5'7". I could move around the jet and the lower lobes like a goddamn cat while other crew members struggled to find space.

:iit::hf::iit:

sup short buddy. It was always funny to watch the big and tall guys squeeze into the tank, everything in there is also good for medium build 5'7"-ish people.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Our CO was in the range of 6'5. Big mother fucker. Xo was like 5 feet even. Little bastard.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Our CO was in the range of 6'5. Big mother fucker. Xo was like 5 feet even. Little bastard.

I like to imagine that as being some kind of reverse Master Blaster arrangement

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Booblord Zagats posted:

I like to imagine that as being some kind of reverse Master Blaster arrangement

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Basically

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Tinder's pissing me off. Installed it a few days ago but unchecked some of the facebook access stuff thinking I could upload it myself. Nope, can't put any pictures up, so after loving around with it I finally just delete my account, uninstall and reinstall. Now I try to do phone verification and it keeps giving me an error. Tried some poo poo with bluestacks, that didn't work either. Dammit Tinder, don't make me meet people in public like this is the 90s or something

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"You may use one index card for notes on the test"

Do you suppose there's a market for novelty, giant, poster-sized, index cards?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh there definitely is.

Best part about visibly following the rules? Doing it to the goddamned letter, not the spirit. Loopholes fuckin' rule.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

I just bust out my .3mm drafting pencil and go to town with really teensy letters. Haven't run out of space yet.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Casimir Radon posted:

I did it once by printing out all the formulas in a size 2 font, gluing them on to the card and coming in with a pair of magnifying bifocals. Professor gave me extra credit for min/maxing effort/results.

Engineering professors appreciate lazyness

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
All of my classes wrap up this week and finals don't start till next week. I've lucked into a two week spring break. Hell, even my internship is over tomorrow.

Civ life owns.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

:feelsgood:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
And the agency I interned with gave me an overwhelming recommendation for hire so that's cool.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I've reached peak Office Space at work

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I've reached peak Office Space at work

Pre or post hypnosis?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So uh, how is weather in Alaska in June?

Because I'm going to be all over the state at various military posts for like two weeks.

ninja edit: :lol: per diem is 275+ :lol:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

The sun literally never goes down. The temperature remains fairly nice. At least down at Ft. Rich, I was never at Ft. Wainwright in the summer.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

So uh, how is weather in Alaska in June?

Because I'm going to be all over the state at various military posts for like two weeks.

ninja edit: :lol: per diem is 275+ :lol:

It'll be wonderful. Usually in the 60s and sunny. June and July are the best months to visit. If you're hitting up Anchorage, I'll shoot you a list of places to eat at.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Master Bateman posted:

Pre or post hypnosis?

Pre. I used to be able to meditate my way to the calm feeling of post-hypnosis, but I'm just not feeling it lately.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Pre. I used to be able to meditate my way to the calm feeling of post-hypnosis, but I'm just not feeling it lately.

i know the feeling. im finally taking a 10 day vacation just to do stuff around the house and maybe play bloodborne a bunch

its my first real pto since like october so im excited to do nothing for a bit

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'll be in Alaska during the latter portion of June myself. Wife says it's the best weather anyone can ever imagine.

Plans for me involve wrestling a moose to the ground, prospecting and getting on the show Alaska State Troopers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Humpy's is legit good. Glacier Brewhouse owns, too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hey guys figure I'd re-enlist. Not going to get a bonus or anything but just want to save money for school y'know? :jerkbag:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
jacket weather is the best weather.

To cool for shorts, but good for jeans and a T-shirt. Not cold enough for a coat or hat.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This was a pretty pathetic winter so we might as well have high 40s low 50s to hasten spring along, and not drag this poo poo out any further.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

If you made it through the first 8 minutes of this week's better call saul, you're a stronger man than I

A bad, boring, turdwreck show

I'm coining turdwreck

I watched the first episode and I'm really hoping it gets better from here. I never judge a series on the first episode, but I think this one might just be a flop.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Better Call Saul is pretty great.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cole posted:

Better Call Saul is pretty great.

It's grown on me.

As an aside if you liked 30 Rock, check out Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Casimir Radon posted:

This was a pretty pathetic winter so we might as well have high 40s low 50s to hasten spring along, and not drag this poo poo out any further.

:stare: yes the year that winter cost twice as much as normal is something one would call pathetic

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:stare: yes the year that winter cost twice as much as normal is something one would call pathetic
The poo poo that happened in Boston is pretty par the course for us, except this year most of it missed us. We did get quite a few -10 days but without snow it's no fun and cold enough to be miserable. I also bought new cross country skies that I didn't end up using at all so that kind of burns. Of course the past 2 years we've gotten bitchslapped by huge snowfalls in March/April so we might be out of it yet.

In 2010 I woke up one morning towards the end of May and there was an inch of snow on the ground, it all melted by the end of the day but holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
nationwide snow removal cost was ~5 billion this year, when on average its 2.5 billion

welp see ya

• Locked thread