Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Phew, thanks. Guy tried to convince me I didn't front any money and make it 50/50 too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i did the 3rd heist finale with someone else as leader and it somehow counted for me. I still haven't completed the 5th mission, but lester just sent me the 4th heist.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

8am in London so the servers are making GBS threads themselves again?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

8am in London so the servers are making GBS threads themselves again?

It's been fine for me, the cloud servers were fucky for like 10 minutes, but it's been all good

just got in on the prison break finale and the guy is giving me 25%

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
God drat the Danger Zone setup mission is so much fun. I would play that over and over again.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Powershift posted:

It's been fine for me, the cloud servers were fucky for like 10 minutes, but it's been all good

just got in on the prison break finale and the guy is giving me 25%

I keep getting dumped into empty lobbies and goons won't play with me :(

For someone with limited time to play and was happily playing pre-heists this is pretty frustrating.

Edit: sat around with three goons for like 15 minutes waiting for a fourth. Exciting.

UnfortunateSexFart fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 12, 2015

tjones
May 13, 2005
I'm on the Xbone and will be for the next few hours if anyone is looking for an extra guy. GT is Swish Jones.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Titties takes a tumble

But we got the job done

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The god drat 3 player purgatory.

There's always 3 people up for a heist. The 4th never shows up until one of the first three leaves, causing another 3 player purgatory.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Heh, I got the no damage heist trophy. Being the pilot on prison break makes it easy.

This poo poo is really fun when it works.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It won't let me invite you back.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Can I believe my eyes? Are people actually having... fun with GTA Online? What IS THIS

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

bisticles posted:

I'm just gonna say... good on Rockstar for these Heists. They definitely put a lot of work and testing and balancing into making these a lot of fun. Just had an awesome time with Kelly, Gary and Lasagna, a lot more than I expected to have.

... despite loving up the Prison Break mission by knocking the wheels off our getaway plane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRweyJGYYUg

That was great fun. The finale is complicated, but enjoyable too. Interestingly, the enemy spawning on these heists while massive, seem to be fairer than missions and free roam. Once you clear he prison yard, that's it - no more NOOSE spawning in front of you as you try to get away.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Timezones :argh:

I'll get on in a few hours and spend my time making money while watching this and that and listening to podcasts, wanting to get into the third heist for the sake of unlocks.

Doing the prisonguard and prisoner thing: Just bring armour and snacks, you're fine as a prisoner with the AP Pistol. Guards drop guns for you, just conserve ammo. Exciting system and showdown.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Alright so the Karin Intercepter is probably the best poo poo ever.

shep
Aug 31, 2003

I am sad because I am stuck with no bacon in the middle of the ocean.
Heisting around on the 360, add sheptacular if you're a pauper too.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Policenaut posted:

Glad to hear your thoughts on the Kuruma. I like the car even if it likes to swing out a bit wide, feels more like a "drift" car that way and I find it pretty fun to do a little city drifting sometimes. I only bought the regular model because I didn't like the armored panels for aesthetic reasons but after that testimonial I think I'm going to Rebel myself one, feels like something I should have. Have you tried the new Casco?

I haven't bought the new Casco yet, it's on the to do list though.

To give an example of how ridiculously durable the armored Kuruma is versus small arms fire, we completed the missions to steal the Valkyrie and the Insurgents by driving straight into the middle of all the enemies and just parking while the 4 of us in the car shot everything to death. That's it. No meaningful damage to the car. It's hilarious.

Slim Killington posted:

Alright so the Karin Intercepter is probably the best poo poo ever.

The what now?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The Karin Rebel with the mounted gun in the back. Its shots are ridiculously powerful. Doesn't drive as nice as the Insurgent though.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Songbearer posted:

Can I believe my eyes? Are people actually having... fun with GTA Online? What IS THIS

It's amazing, I know.

I still wish the game had some kind of better matchmaking service for deathmatches, etc. I'm only a level 19 and it feels like every time I want to try a mission or deathmatch without goons, it takes me like 20 minutes to get something going.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
havent played this since before ps4 came out.. is now the time to jump back in? and will my gifted hack money still be there for me? :P

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Is there a 25k reward for the daily objectives every day or just the very first time you complete them?

I may have to log on earlier tonight. I was up until almost 1 AM finishing up prison break and had to get up at 6 AM - I feel hung over.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

I haven't bought the new Casco yet, it's on the to do list though.

My quick impressions

The Casco is really nice and probably will be the new car for Sports Classic. I've only driven it in a couple of solo races, but drove it all day yesterday for missions and heists.
  • Straight line speed is amazing, during one of the setup missions I started slightly in front of Craptacular's Zentorno on the highway and kept my position.
  • Handling... it's tough to place exactly where it would fall. It's definitely much much better than the Coquette Classic and Stinger. A better comparison might be the Monroe and Carbonizarre. The Casco (I think) handles better than the Monroe because it has the power for a better exit on turns but if you over steer you'll end up spinning out just like the Carbonizarre or get loose if you over-correct.
  • Braking is definitely a weak point and you'll need to better plan your turns so you don't go wide and run into a tree like Paul Walker.
  • It has the tendency to barrel roll with the slightest provocation.
  • The engine purrs.
  • (not my best driving)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzunyLy3Eto

my new dog posted:

havent played this since before ps4 came out.. is now the time to jump back in? and will my gifted hack money still be there for me? :P

Gifted hack money has been gone for well over a year. Money from duping glitches (garage exit glitch, dead hooker glitch) you will still have but if you have any duped cars from those glitches you might not be able to sell them. What ever you bought with the money, however, you will still have and be able to sell. So if you bought a garage and filled it with 10 Adders (not duped). You're sitting on at least 6 million.

geeves fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 12, 2015

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I think one annoyance I have is that Rockstar has said the new cars/choppers/planes are not appearing in single player (for now at least).

It sucks cause I get they want you to try this stuff out in MP, but sometimes I like just tooling around in SP without having to deal with MPs finickyness and pubbies.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i am not laundering my rebel money i hope rockstar doesn't take my ill gotten gains away :(

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Finally finished out all the heists with Duke, Mizer, and Oti. Mostly great, very few disappointments. Looking forward to playing them again.

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 12, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Trevor's Heist is the Mexico of GTA Online. Best one is probably a tie between the Prison Break for the sheer insanity of the Finale or the actual final heist because it's essentially Heat.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
So is the new Lancer EVO knockoff better than the Sultan?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Doomsday Jesus posted:

With no performance mods, I'd say so. It accelerates ridiculously fast, but has a low top speed. Probably best for city driving.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Does anyone know if the non armored Kuruma handles better than the armored one?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

And what about the Lectro? The KERS speed boost seems really useful, especially for races with lots of corners and braking, but how does it stack up vs. Bati and Akuma?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I've been told definitely not.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The armored Kuruma is probably my new favorite ride just for the hilarity of it. It's a loving APC

That you can't toss stickes out of. Shrug

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Reverse Centaur posted:

Phew, thanks. Guy tried to convince me I didn't front any money and make it 50/50 too.

If it's the two man heist you didn't.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
What sort of piss monster gave the covered Slamvan to the stupid Lost MC and not we, the players.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

geeves posted:

My quick impressions

The Casco is really nice and probably will be the new car for Sports Classic.

Instantly rating it just below Stinger GT. The handling is by far the best of the speedy sports classics.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Been running Rebel cash during slowdowns at work, what's the best way to launder this? Adders?

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
It's too bad that you can be shot out of the Insurgent (SUV) as easily as with any other car, but imagining the expression on someone's face when you shrug off rockets and pipe bombs is more than enough consolation. Somebody was even like "I got you now, motherfu- what the gently caress?"

And you can drop explosives from it, unlike the Kuruma.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

HiriseSoftware posted:

It's too bad that you can be shot out of the Insurgent (SUV) as easily as with any other car, but imagining the expression on someone's face when you shrug off rockets and pipe bombs is more than enough consolation. Somebody was even like "I got you now, motherfu- what the gently caress?"

And you can drop explosives from it, unlike the Kuruma.

I would assume they needed some way to balance it. Everybody running around in bulletproof, bombproof vehicles would make the game boring as poo poo.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

casco > stinger gt sorry

it makes a better farty noise out the back :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Powershift posted:

I would assume they needed some way to balance it. Everybody running around in bulletproof, bombproof vehicles would make the game boring as poo poo.

Agreed. Someone just blew me up in it (too much explosion smoke to see where to shoot) but I hope he enjoys the fact that he spent more than $20k to kill me! (Premium + rockets)

• Locked thread