Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Pleads posted:

Been running Rebel cash during slowdowns at work, what's the best way to launder this? Adders?

I'd say probably expensive poo poo you want. Like the armored Kuruma or the various attack helicopters or Hydra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

My Casco vs. my friend's Stinger GT, Both fully upgraded, except the Casco doesn't have turbo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEJWx-H_6CE

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Please someone on PS3 save me from doing heists with pubbies.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

santanotreal posted:

I'll be on around 4 pm pacific time... Jesus Christ we could not finish the prison heist last night. Anyone else who is ps3, joi nme later today so we can move past the prison breakout so we can start on the chemical labs raid.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Impulse bought the Vulture Savage...

I regret NOTHING it is an amazing death machine. :monocle:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 12, 2015

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Brightman posted:

I'd say probably expensive poo poo you want. Like the armored Kuruma or the various attack helicopters or Hydra.

I grabbed a Buzzard, the armored Kuruma, and 100k in shirts. The rest I just want to make sure sticks around for when I do eventually unlock all the other fun heist stuff.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Is there any way to force Lester to send you the next heist setup? I finished the prison break as heist host last night, but after an hour Lester still hadn't sent me the next one. I tried connecting to a new session, restarted my PS4, played a couple missions, but nothing helped.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

My Casco vs. my friend's Stinger GT, Both fully upgraded, except the Casco doesn't have turbo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEJWx-H_6CE

Wait, the Casco crushed it without the turbo installed? I know what Im buying when I get home.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
For anyone selling Rebels, there's a newer refined method.
Start by buying wheels>high-end>stock>shadow for around $8k
Buy musical horn 5 for free
Buy jazz loop horn for free
Sell for a little over $60k for $49k profit each time.

BitBasher posted:

Wait, the Casco crushed it without the turbo installed? I know what Im buying when I get home.

Is the turbo bug still a thing? I haven't been buying it for most of my cars.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 12, 2015

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

BitBasher posted:

The Coquette Classic ended up barely beating it. So I added turbo to it and it was a draw.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Scyron posted:

but no mr_dread or Faktory4. :Iamnotworthy: :negative:

I don't know about f4 but I'm around, come play my lord

For reals, I'd like to host some heists this afternoon on PS4.

March 12, 5 pm Eastern (GMT -5)
Heist #2 (prison break) from 3rd setup mission

1. titties (PSN: mr_dread)

March 12, 8 pm Eastern
Heist #3 (DANGER ZONE na na na na ba da ba da) from the beginning

titties fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 12, 2015

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

titties posted:

March 12, 8 pm Eastern

2. Craptacular

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

I'm on PS4 and my brother and I are going to be starting the Prison Break heist tonight around 9-9:30pm EST. We need a couple more players / crew members, so if anyone is interested PM me here or PSN is Fat__Batman (two underscores).

Edit: just saw Titties' post and I like the format, so I'm going to steal it:

March 12, 9 pm Eastern
Heist #2 (Prison Break) from start

1. Stupid Dick (PSN: Fat__Batman)
2. Stupid Dick's brother (PSN: Diezel_Ham)

Stupid Dick fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 12, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

titties posted:

March 12, 8 pm Eastern

2. Craptacular
3. geeves

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

The Coquette Classic ended up barely beating it. So I added turbo to it and it was a draw.

If thats correct than its gonna be a great car if it has better traction than the Coquette Classic.

Also im down for either hosting Series A or playing with someone else on whatever heist wise after 5pm pst.

titties
May 10, 2012

Stupid Dick posted:

I'm on PS4 and my brother and I are going to be starting the Prison Break heist tonight around 9-9:30pm EST. We need a couple more players / crew members, so if anyone is interested PM me here or PSN is Fat__Batman (two underscores).

Edit: Just saw your post Titties, my brother and I are in for Prison Break if you're able to start a little bit later.

I probably can't, since I have to finish Prison Break in order to start Humane Labs.

That heist was rad. Also I made your screencap visible

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

titties posted:

I probably can't, since I have to finish Prison Break in order to start Humane Labs.

That heist was rad. Also I made your screencap visible

BUFFY :argh:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

i flunked out posted:

I'll be on around 4 pm pacific time... Jesus Christ we could not finish the prison heist last night. Anyone else who is ps3, joi nme later today so we can move past the prison breakout so we can start on the chemical labs raid.

Well I somehow managed to beat it in one go with an entire crew of pubbies. Goddamn I really enjoyed being Prisoner. I'll be able to host the humane labs raid at four later today on ps3. who is in?

cka
May 3, 2004
I'll hop on that with you, hopefully the hydras won't troll my rear end like they did this morning

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

For anyone selling Rebels, there's a newer refined method.
Start by buying wheels>high-end>stock>shadow for around $8k
Buy musical horn 5 for free
Buy jazz loop horn for free
Sell for a little over $60k for $49k profit each time.

This doesn't seem to work for me as described on PS3 (I get charged for both horns) but if I just buy the wheels and then sell, it will still sell for ~$35k which means a ~$24k profit.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I hope the Rebel glitch works when I get home. I'm flat broke after buying the jump jet.

I forgot to tell my friend that it loses altitude when you switch modes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqj6Qr9aF8U&feature=youtu.be

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Overall thoughts:
  • The final heist is a lot of fun, probably the best multiplayer mission in the game. But the payout is $1.25 million, which is incredibly too low. That should be the cut for each person.
  • An entire heist (Trevor's) is terrible. It's essentially replays of missions from single player, and not even fun ones at that.
  • Maybe this is greedy of me, but I expected more of them for this long of a wait. At least 2-3 more.
  • Replay value is probably not gonna be great once everyone's done them all a few times.
  • The new Pegasus vehicles are awesome. The new normal vehicles are forgettable.
Time to start over and get some of the bigger challenges.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Has anyone tried the new bikers vs. truckers or other game modes yet? Do they suck or not? I've been too busy heisting.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

fyodor posted:

i am not laundering my rebel money

Why not?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

santanotreal posted:

i'm down on like fri eve or all day saturday. CET timezone .

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just passed my first heist mission! Didn't know what was going on half the time, but it was fun!

Something about stealing a car from a container ship.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Trophy didn't pop for hitting level 50 :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Savage costs $1.950.000 and I recommend it. Armour out of paper, mad firepower, sick rocket spam, beats the hell out of everything in firepower, requires fat pilot skills to compare to other air vehicles in survivability.

That's near 2 mill or 45 Rusty Rebel tricks :v:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Because it's not enough money over time to be worth laundering? It's great for short term purchases of clothes, masks, vehicle upgrades or a vehicle itself (or even several vehicles). If you think you're going to make enough in the short term to fill a few garages will Adders.... have fun. ~1 hr to get ~650k (I think digitalprophet mentioned this) and you're going to do this for a nest egg? If you're that worried about R* taking your money, you might as well play the game.

The laundering bit in GTA really was only good for a 1-time thing and that was when they shut down the game for a day to reset everyone's money. Everyone knew this was happening and everyone was told that R* would not take away any items purchases with that money. So extra garage spaces and alt character garages were filled with Adders to have a nest egg of ~6 million+.

R* hasn't shown to care about a few million here or there. At the time of the later glitches, nobody had anything to lose once the first people didn't get slapped on the wrist by R*. Players were using known loopholes in the game code, not altering the game code itself. There are rumors that R* have detections in place to flag your account should you make an excessive amount of money in a short period of time, but between all the glitches that have been used since they removed all the excess money from the game. I don't think anyone had seen any consequences and it might just be that - a rumor - or aimed to be rolled out later because they know the PC modding crew will be tougher to control.

geeves fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 12, 2015

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Can we just start measuring things in Rebels? It's better.

"I want an insurgent, but it's 20 rebels."

Re: the prison heist for anyone having trouble inside. The best strategy we found last night is to keep the plane and the demo right at the air strip and between jets spawning, I'd stay at the border of the prison and lock on to anyone outside on the grounds. It seemed to make a noticeable difference to the ground team. Just don't get in too close--you'll get rocketed out of the sky.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Savage costs $1.950.000 and I recommend it. Armour out of paper, mad firepower, sick rocket spam, beats the hell out of everything in firepower, requires fat pilot skills to compare to other air vehicles in survivability.

It's pretty much a Buzzard with the Lazer's nose gun and no reload timer on its missiles, but at the expense of being bigger, heavier and having no co-pilot missiles. It's amazing :allears:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Here, have some pictures from last night:

Here, have a small album: http://imgur.com/a/GI4Hw

Bonus:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Can we just start measuring things in Rebels? It's better.

"I want an insurgent, but it's 20 rebels."

Re: the prison heist for anyone having trouble inside. The best strategy we found last night is to keep the plane and the demo right at the air strip and between jets spawning, I'd stay at the border of the prison and lock on to anyone outside on the grounds. It seemed to make a noticeable difference to the ground team. Just don't get in too close--you'll get rocketed out of the sky.

I'm not following I think. When we did that I was the Pilot and me and the Demo figured out the jets pretty quick and I was always able to land the plane in the airfield before the prisoner and guard got back no problem. Plane follows behind jets, demo blows them up with the Buzzard, rinse repeat until the ground crew comes out of the prison and then the jets go away.

Wait, are you saying the demo should clean up at the prison while waiting for jets? In that case just have the pilot follow one jet and do that the whole time.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psu3t0ah-O4

please never fix the acrobatic deaths.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

geeves posted:

Because it's not enough money over time to be worth laundering? It's great for short term purchases of clothes, masks, vehicle upgrades or a vehicle itself (or even several vehicles). If you think you're going to make enough in the short term to fill a few garages will Adders.... have fun. ~1 hr to get ~650k (I think digitalprophet mentioned this) and you're going to do this for a nest egg? If you're that worried about R* taking your money, you might as well play the game.

Then just buy whatever you can before they take the money away. Unless you're saving up for something there's no reason to hold onto the money, and if you are saving up you're better off laundering it.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Krang?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Haha, holy poo poo wow.

titties
May 10, 2012

geeves posted:

March 12, 8 pm Eastern

2. Craptacular
3. geeves

Sorry, guys, but since nobody signed up to get heist 2 out of the way I can't roll on heist 3. If one of you wants to host I am down to run it.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

titties posted:

Sorry, guys, but since nobody signed up to get heist 2 out of the way I can't roll on heist 3. If one of you wants to host I am down to run it.

Let me fire up GTA and see if I have the invite from Lester yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

cka posted:

I'll hop on that with you, hopefully the hydras won't troll my rear end like they did this morning

last night the lazers trolled me and ilgan out of beating the prison heist. They decided to not go after the pilot and instead bombed the poo poo out of us. We were pretty close to getting Rashkovsky out too...

for those that want to, I just hopped into online.ill be on here for a little bit just dicking around. shoot me a message if you want to join!

• Locked thread